Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
That was not my question.

As I said earlier
honestly it looks like this post is based on a picture that is making the assumption there are two gospels, one that is purely Grace based and one that is more works based. The problem is that the gospel is not and should not be divided or attempted to be separated. This should not be thought of in that way.

This is the same mentality behind people who say "The God of the old testament was so angry compared to the new testament." This is a logical fallacy and the truth to counter that is God is the same yesterday, today and in the future. Much is the same for the gospel, it is preaching the message of Jesus and His Kingdom, His forgiveness. If viewed in the old testament then it is prophesying His arrival, if in the New it is of what He accomplished, but BOTH speak of the same thing.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
honestly it looks like this post is based on a picture that is making the assumption there are two gospels, one that is purely Grace based and one that is more works based. The problem is that the gospel is not and should not be divided or attempted to be separated. This should not be thought of in that way.

This is the same mentality behind people who say "The God of the old testament was so angry compared to the new testament." This is a logical fallacy and the truth to counter that is God is the same yesterday, today and in the future. Much is the same for the gospel, it is preaching the message of Jesus and His Kingdom, His forgiveness. If viewed in the old testament then it is prophesying His arrival, if in the New it is of what He accomplished, but BOTH speak of the same thing.

As I said, you start off with an unquestionable axiom. "There is always only ONE gospel".

So, it is natural that, from that axiom, you will interpret the scriptures you read differently, from one who tries to read them and understand them literally.

My guess is that you subscribe to covenant theology as your bible interpretation framework. As I said, that is a very common framework used.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
No one ever preached the gospel in the OT. It is Paul in Gal. 3 where he gives the church a glimpse of how Abraham initially responded to God through faith which was in reference to his future descendants that would like the stars of heaven. Paul said that the seed was Christ (Gal. 3:16). As far as the walk of faith, it began with Abraham for he is called the father of faith (Rom. 4:16).

Galatians 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify[c] the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

Genesis 12:1-5 Now the Lord said[a] to Abram, “Go from your country[b] and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” 4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran. 5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people that they had acquired in Haran, and they set out to go to the land of Canaan. When they came to the land of Canaan,

The souls that they had made in Haran refers to making converts in by spreading the Gospel in accordance with with the promise. In John 8:39, Jesus said that if they were children of Abraham, then they would be doing the same works as he did, so the multiplication of the children of Abraham does not come through having physical descendants, but through teaching others to do the same works as him through faith in the promise (Romans 9:6-8). In Genesis 18:19, God knew Abraham that he would teach his children and those of his household to walk in His way by doing righteousness and justice that the Lord may bring to him all that he has promised, namely, in Genesis 26:4-5, God will multiply Abraham's offspring as the starts in the heaven, to his offspring He will give all of these lands, and through his offspring all of the nations of the earth would be blessed because Abraham heard God's voice and guarded His charge, His commandments, His statutes, and His laws. Furthermore, in Deuteronomy 30:16, if love God by walking in His way by keeping His commandments, statutes, and laws, then they shall live and multiply and God will bless them in the land that they are entering to possess, so all of the promises were made to and brought about because Abraham walked in God's way in obedience to His law and was busy spreading the Gospel by teaching his children and those of his household how to do that, and because his children did that. In Psalms 119:1-3, God's law is how the children of Abraham knew how to be blessed, so the way to inherit the promise is by blessing the nations is by teaching the nations to turn from their wickedness and how to walk in God's ways in accordance with the Gospel and Jesus was sent as the fulfillment of that promise to bless us by turning us from our wickedness (Acts 3:25-26).
The good news was never materialized in the OT since no one could be justified through the law; the gospel, on the other hand, is the good news of the finished work of Christ which no mere man can touch for if righteousness comes through the Law, Christ died needlessly (Gal. 2:21).

There can be many reasons for obeying God's law, so denying that we can earn our justification by obeying God's law does not mean that God's law does not play a role in our justification. While Paul denied that we can earn our justification as wage (Romans 4:4-5), he also said that only doers of the law will be justified (Romans 2:13), so there must be a reason why our justification requires us to choose to be doers of the law other than in order to earn it as a wage, such as faith insofar as Romans 3:31 says that our faith upholds God's law.
Now in reference to Joshua 22:1-3, you seem to be taking God’s word out of its intended context. In these verses, the eastern tribes of Reuben, Gad, and eastern Manasseh were released to return to their homes, having fulfilled their duties to their fellow Israelites west of the Jordan. Nothing to do with keeping the law since later Israel began to break the covenant of law into pieces. Have you ever read Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel? You will notice the degrading state that Israel fell into due to their outright and willful disobedience to the commandments of God. The law cannot be kept, especially when men are fallen creatures born in desperate need of a Savior.

Pointing out that the content of these verses is referring to the eastern tribes being released to return to their homes does not detract from the fact that it directly says that they have kept all that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you and have obeyed my voice in all that I have commanded you. The good kinds tended to live for much longer than the evil kings did, so if you add up the years, Israel was under a good king for roughly 80% of the time, which could have been better, but hardly constitutes as a complete failure to keep the law.

In Luke 1:6, both Zechariah and Elizabeth walked in all the moral commandments and ceremonial ordinances of the Lord and were considered blameless. They manifested their righteousness as it shone forth in the whole course of their conversation, in every branch of piety and virtue. To say they kept the law is to destroy the entire fabric of the NT and the epistles.

So, since you insist the gospel was in the OT, please prove your point by providing chapter and verse from the OT where the gospel was preached, providing you understand what the gospel really means.

Luke 1:6 doesn't specify anything about ceremonial or moral laws, but rather it saying that they walked blamelessly in all the commandments and statutes of the Lord, and to deny that they kept God's law is to refuse to allow the text to inform your view. There is nothing about keeping God's law that is contrary to the fabric of the NT. On the contrary, in 1 John 5:3, to love God is to keep His commandments which are not burdensome, so for you to deny that we can keep them is to deny that anyone has ever loved God and to deny that His commandments are not burdensome, and in Revelation 14:12, all those who kept faith in Jesus are those who kept God's commandments, so you denying that we can keep God's law which is what would be destroying the fabric of the NT.

Lastly, all the Law did was condemn everyone who failed to keep it.

“For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” (Jn 1:17).

Nowhere does the Bible say that all the Law did was condemn everyone who failed to keep it. In Psalms 119:29, David wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him to obey God's law, and in Psalms 119:142, God's law is truth, so grace and truth came both through the Law and through Christ because he spent his ministry teaching his followers how to keep it by word and by example.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one gospel. The gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel or the good news of Jesus Christ has been in effect since the Lord told His disciples to go into all the world and preach the good news. Those who believe are saved, those who don't, well, you be the judge...

Mark 16:15–16 (MEV)
"He said to them, “Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 *He who believes and is baptized will be saved. But he who does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 1:8 (MEV) "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Then from your quote of Mark 16:16 all that are BAPTIZED will be saved ?

Then what happened to water Baptism ?

And is Eph 2:8 NOT FOR TODAY and let me me know where you stand ?

In Christ

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

black-pawn

Nov 24, 2022
Woodhaven
✟14,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then from your quote of Mark 16:16 all that are BAPTIZED will be saved ?

Then what happened to water Baptism ?

And is Eph 2:8 NOT FOR TODAY and let me me know where you stand ?

In Christ

dan p
The Lord did not say to get baptized in water, did He? There are three distinct kinds of baptisms. When a believer is baptized into the body of Christ, two, when a believer is baptized in water, and three, when a believer is baptized in the Holy Spirit. Which of these three did He mean in Mark 16:16?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord did not say to get baptized in water, did He? There are three distinct kinds of baptisms. When a believer is baptized into the body of Christ, two, when a believer is baptized in water, and three, when a believer is baptized in the Holy Spirit. Which of these three did He mean in Mark 16:16?
#1 Who was BAPTISM given too ?

#2 It was given to Israel and John 1:31 it was given to Israel and not to GENTILES , PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 All have who read Mark will see that the CONTEXT is spoken to Israel , with out a DOUBT !!

#4 WITH OUT A DOUBT as Jesus appeared to the eleven in verse 14 we without a DOUBT what the CONTEXT is , and that means verse 16 is a call for Israel to REPENT ,and this EVENT happened WHEN ? during the GREAT TRIBULATION .

#5 THIS then means that WATER BAPTISM is required for all JEWS to be saved as verse 15 and 16 !!

And Acts 2:38 proves it as all Jews males will be kings and priests in the Millennial Kingdom , Rev 1:6 and in Ex 19:6 !!

#6 We know that Mark 16:15-18 has YET to happen .

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We gentiles should be grateful we were even invited as a second choice to the wedding feast. In effect we were given so much more being originally so far removed
And Eph 1:4 says that we were CHOSEN , " BEFORE / PRO the foundation of the world and means before He created the UNIVERSE and we were first CHOICE .

Israel was CHOSEN / APO which means AFTER the foundation of the IUNIVERSE .

dan p

Upvote 0

YeshuaFollower

Veritas vos liberabit
Dec 6, 2022
eastern townships, Quebec
✟17,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Matt 10:7-23 we have what the 12 preached , The Kingdom of Heaven .

Rev 14:6 this gospel is called the EVERLASTING GOSPEL .

In Rom 1:1 Paul was LIMITED to only preach the Gospel of God .

In Gen 3:21 I call this the ATONEMENT GOSPEL .

In Gal 2:7 Paul is preaching the GOSPEL of the UNCIRCUMCISION .

IN Gal 2:7 Peer preach THE CIRCUMCISION .

In Gal 1:23 we see 3 gospels , one was the LAW of MOSES , Peter was preaching to the LITTLE FLOCK , and Paul was peaching GRACE .

And here is one I call GOSPEL of the STARS , IN Psa 19:1 which is written to BELIEVERS and also to UNBLIEVERS

It reads The heavens declare the Glory of God , and the Firmament sheweth his HANDYWORK ,

There only 2 people that have written about God's STARS that I know of , one by Larken and the other by Bullinger , which I have .

At the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT believers can not say NO ONE told me that there was a God .

Also in Psa 19:1 it has the Hebrew word DECLARE / SAPAR and the stem is PIEL , and a Participle , PLURAL .

The stem PIEL means to cause to know and is a PARTICIPLE , and is Plural .

dan p
Jesus was sent primarily to announce the good news of the coming kingdom of GOD, this is the main message;

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk 4:42 And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came unto him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them.

Luk 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Luk 4:44 And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.

Of Course through Jesus sacrifice for the atonement of sins, made possible by the grace of the living GOD, we are, if we follow his teachings saved.

Blessings,

JFF

• Winner
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was sent primarily to announce the good news of the coming kingdom of GOD, this is the main message;

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk 4:42 And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came unto him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them.

Luk 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Of Course through Jesus sacrifice for the atonement of sins, made possible by the grace of the living GOD, we are, if we follow his teachings saved.

Blessings,

JFF

You do agree that, from Matthew 10:5 and Matthew 15:24, this good news was not for gentiles?

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You do agree that, from Matthew 10:5 and Matthew 15:24, this good news was not for gentiles?
Jews were given the role of of being a light to the nations and the gospel went out to the Jew first and then the nations so that Jews would be given the opportunity to fulfill this role (Romans 1:16).

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Blessings,

JFF
The shedding of blood called an ATONEMENT was only given to Israel and Lev 17:11 is where it all began and not for GENTILES !!

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So after Israel rejected the kingdom, the same kingdom, and all its requirements such as obeying the Law of Moses, is now offered to us?
Salvation is for all mankind just as originally so was getting kicked out of the Garden. They weren't Jews. But the House of Israel was given first shot as they were the chosen. Consider how many OT saints will be in the New Jerusalem compared to non Hebrew Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So after Israel rejected the kingdom, the same kingdom, and all its requirements such as obeying the Law of Moses, is now offered to us?
The Psalms express an extremely positive attitude towards the Law of Moses, such as with David repeatedly saying that he loved it and delighted in keeping it, so if you consider the Psalms to be Scripture and to therefore express a correct attitude towards the Law of Moses, then you will have the same attitude towards that opportunity being offered to you.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is for all mankind just as originally so was getting kicked out of the Garden. They weren't Jews. But the House of Israel was given first shot as they were the chosen. Consider how many OT saints will be in the New Jerusalem compared to non Hebrew Gentiles.
In Eph 1:4 we ( GENTILES , THE BODY OF CHRIST ) were CHOSEN , BEFORE /PRO the foundation of the WORLD .

And was CHOSEN , FROM /APO and means AFTER the Foundation of the UNIVERSE , Matt 13:35 .

This means that Israel will be KINGS and PRIEST in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM . Rev 1:6 .

We the BODY of CHRIST will GOVERN the UNIVERSE and GOVERN ANGELS , 1 Cor 6:2 and 3 .

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0