Arcadia
✟196,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Matt 10:7-23 we have what the 12 preached , The Kingdom of Heaven .

Rev 14:6 this gospel is called the EVERLASTING GOSPEL .

In Rom 1:1 Paul was LIMITED to only preach the Gospel of God .

In Gen 3:21 I call this the ATONEMENT GOSPEL .

In Gal 2:7 Paul is preaching the GOSPEL of the UNCIRCUMCISION .

IN Gal 2:7 Peer preach THE CIRCUMCISION .

In Gal 1:23 we see 3 gospels , one was the LAW of MOSES , Peter was preaching to the LITTLE FLOCK , and Paul was peaching GRACE .

And here is one I call GOSPEL of the STARS , IN Psa 19:1 which is written to BELIEVERS and also to UNBLIEVERS

It reads The heavens declare the Glory of God , and the Firmament sheweth his HANDYWORK ,

There only 2 people that have written about God's STARS that I know of , one by Larken and the other by Bullinger , which I have .

At the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT believers can not say NO ONE told me that there was a God .

Also in Psa 19:1 it has the Hebrew word DECLARE / SAPAR and the stem is PIEL , and a Participle , PLURAL .

The stem PIEL means to cause to know and is a PARTICIPLE , and is Plural .

dan p

Last edited:

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

In this day and age people make up their own gospel. But the only one that gives God's free gift of Eternal Life, is the one which teaches that God's free gift of Eternal Life is received only by faith in The Messiah.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-

In this day and age people make up their own gospel. But the only one that gives God's free gift of Eternal Life, is the one which teaches that God's free gift of Eternal Life is received only by faith in The Messiah.
So , you believe in a FLAT EARTH , and would like to see a verse ?

Why not begin a OP ?

dan p

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So , you believe in a FLAT EARTH , and would like to see a verse ?

Why not begin a OP ?

dan p
I you are interested in flat earth there have been quite a few topics started here is one.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I you are interested in flat earth there have been quite a few topics started here is one.
I am not interested in that subject and I only know of one person , on and other web site that believes it !!

I am more interested in salvation , as Paul says that he is a PLANTER and APOLLES waters and all have to know what Paul PLANTED and then anyone can water what Paul PLANTED ,

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am not interested in that subject and I only of one person , on and other web site that believes it !!

I am more interested in salvation , as Paul says that he is a PLANTER and APOLLES waters and all have to know what Paul PLANTED and then anyone can water what Paul PLANTED ,

dan p

Then why ask me a question about it, you were the one who brought it up.

Upvote 0

black-pawn

Nov 24, 2022
Woodhaven
✟14,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In Gal 1:23 we see 3 gospels , one was the LAW of MOSES , Peter was preaching to the LITTLE FLOCK , and Paul was peaching GRACE .

And here is one I call GOSPEL of the STARS , IN Psa 19:1 which is written to BELIEVERS and also to UNBLIEVERS

It reads The heavens declare the Glory of God , and the Firmament sheweth his HANDYWORK ,

There only 2 people that have written about God's STARS that I know of , one by Larken and the other by Bullinger , which I have .

At the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT believers can not say NO ONE told that there was a God .

Also in Psa 19:1 it has the Hebrew word DECLARE / SAPAR and the stem is PIEL , and a Participle , PLURAL .

dan p
There is only one gospel. The gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel or the good news of Jesus Christ has been in effect since the Lord told His disciples to go into all the world and preach the good news. Those who believe are saved, those who don't, well, you be the judge...

Mark 16:15–16 (MEV)
"He said to them, “Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 *He who believes and is baptized will be saved. But he who does not believe will be condemned."

Acts 1:8 (MEV) "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

At the WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT believers can not say NO ONE told that there was a God .

dan p

In Psalms 119:29-30, David wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be gracious to him by teaching him too bey the Law of Moses, and he chose the way of faithfulness, so this has always been the one and only way of salvation by grace through faith. Likewise, in Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him His way that he might know Him and Israel too, and in John 17:3, eternal life knowing God and Jesus, so that is the same Gospel of grace. The Gospel to the circumcision or the uncircumcision does not refer to different Gospels, but to different target audiences of the same Gospel. In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is.

Upvote 0

black-pawn

Nov 24, 2022
Woodhaven
✟14,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Psalms 119:29-30, David wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be gracious to him by teaching him too bey the Law of Moses, and he chose the way of faithfulness, so this has always been the one and only way of salvation by grace through faith. Likewise, in Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him His way that he might know Him and Israel too, and in John 17:3, eternal life knowing God and Jesus, so that is the same Gospel of grace. The Gospel to the circumcision or the uncircumcision does not refer to different Gospels, but to different target audiences of the same Gospel. In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is.
The gospel or the good news of Jesus Christ began in Matthew, not in the OT. All they had in the OT was the law, and the law was NOT good news since no one could keep it.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The gospel or the good news of Jesus Christ began in Matthew, not in the OT. All they had in the OT was the law, and the law was NOT good news since no one could keep it.

In Galatian 3:8, the Gospel was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise and the children of Abraham are the inheritors of the promise. In Deuteronomy 30:11-20, God's word says His law is not too difficult to keep and that obedience brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, so choose life! So keeping the law was presented as a possibility and as a choice, not as something that no one could do. Furthermore, there are examples in the Bible of people who do keep God's law, such as in Joshua 22:1-3, Luke 1:5-6, and Revelation 14:12.

If you consider the Psalms to be Scripture, then you should think that they express a correct view of God's law, and that we should therefore also share it. The Psalms express an extremely positive view of God's law, such as with David repeatedly saying that he loved God's law and delighted in obeying it. For example, according to Psalms 1:1-2, blessed are those who delight in the law of the Lord and who mediate on it day and night, so David certainly considered it to be good news, along with Christ (Matthew 4:15-23).

Last edited:
YahuahSaves
YahuahSaves
Jesus fulfilled the law by being the only sinless man to ever walk the earth. He showed us what obeying the law actually looks like in practice. "Love God with all your soul, all your mind and all your strength, and love others as yourself".
Upvote 0
YahuahSaves
YahuahSaves
Once we become believers, God then begins conforming us to the image of his Son (Jesus Christ).
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

black-pawn

Nov 24, 2022
Woodhaven
✟14,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Galatian 3:8, the Gospel was made known in advance to Abraham in accordance with the promise and the children of Abraham are the inheritors of the promise. In Deuteronomy 30:11-20, God's word says His law is not too difficult to keep and that obedience brings life and a blessing while disobedience brings death and a curse, so choose life! So keeping the law was presented as a possibility and as a choice, not as something that no one could do. Furthermore, there are examples in the Bible of people who do keep God's law, such as in Joshua 22:1-3, Luke 1:5-6, and Revelation 14:12.

If you consider the Psalms to be Scripture, then you should think that they express a correct view of God's law, and that we should therefore also share it. The Psalms express an extremely positive view of God's law, such as with David repeatedly saying that he loved God's law and delighted in obeying it. For example, according to Psalms 1:1-2, blessed are those who delight in the law of the Lord and who mediate on it day and night, so David certainly considered it to be good news, along with Christ (Matthew 4:15-23).
No one ever preached the gospel in the OT. It is Paul in Gal. 3 where he gives the church a glimpse of how Abraham initially responded to God through faith which was in reference to his future descendants that would like the stars of heaven. Paul said that the seed was Christ (Gal. 3:16). As far as the walk of faith, it began with Abraham for he is called the father of faith (Rom. 4:16). The good news was never materialized in the OT since no one could be justified through the law; the gospel, on the other hand, is the good news of the finished work of Christ which no mere man can touch for if righteousness comes through the Law, Christ died needlessly (Gal. 2:21).

Now in reference to Joshua 22:1-3, you seem to be taking God’s word out of its intended context. In these verses, the eastern tribes of Reuben, Gad, and eastern Manasseh were released to return to their homes, having fulfilled their duties to their fellow Israelites west of the Jordan. Nothing to do with keeping the law since later Israel began to break the covenant of law into pieces. Have you ever read Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel? You will notice the degrading state that Israel fell into due to their outright and willful disobedience to the commandments of God. The law cannot be kept, especially when men are fallen creatures born in desperate need of a Savior.

In Luke 1:6, both Zechariah and Elizabeth walked in all the moral commandments and ceremonial ordinances of the Lord and were considered blameless. They manifested their righteousness as it shone forth in the whole course of their conversation, in every branch of piety and virtue. To say they kept the law is to destroy the entire fabric of the NT and the epistles.

So, since you insist the gospel was in the OT, please prove your point by providing chapter and verse from the OT where the gospel was preached, providing you understand what the gospel really means. Lastly, all the Law did was condemn everyone who failed to keep it.

“For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” (Jn 1:17).

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one ever preached the gospel in the OT. It is Paul in Gal. 3 where he gives the church a glimpse of how Abraham initially responded to God through faith which was in reference to his future descendants that would like the stars of heaven. Paul said that the seed was Christ (Gal. 3:16). As far as the walk of faith, it began with Abraham for he is called the father of faith (Rom. 4:16). The good news was never materialized in the OT since no one could be justified through the law; the gospel, on the other hand, is the good news of the finished work of Christ which no mere man can touch for if righteousness comes through the Law, Christ died needlessly (Gal. 2:21).

Now in reference to Joshua 22:1-3, you seem to be taking God’s word out of its intended context. In these verses, the eastern tribes of Reuben, Gad, and eastern Manasseh were released to return to their homes, having fulfilled their duties to their fellow Israelites west of the Jordan. Nothing to do with keeping the law since later Israel began to break the covenant of law into pieces. Have you ever read Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel? You will notice the degrading state that Israel fell into due to their outright and willful disobedience to the commandments of God. The law cannot be kept, especially when men are fallen creatures born in desperate need of a Savior.

In Luke 1:6, both Zechariah and Elizabeth walked in all the moral commandments and ceremonial ordinances of the Lord and were considered blameless. They manifested their righteousness as it shone forth in the whole course of their conversation, in every branch of piety and virtue. To say they kept the law is to destroy the entire fabric of the NT and the epistles.

So, since you insist the gospel was in the OT, please prove your point by providing chapter and verse from the OT where the gospel was preached, providing you understand what the gospel really means. Lastly, all the Law did was condemn everyone who failed to keep it.

“For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” (Jn 1:17).

What was the good news preached in Matthew by Jesus and the 12?

Whom was it preached to?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

dan p
  • He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
    Mark 16:15
  • He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2 Thessalonians 2:14
  • For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.
    Mark 8:35
  • For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
    Romans 1:16
  • Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2
  • “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”
    Mark 1:15
  • For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
All of these verses speak of 1 gospel. Just because the gospel is mentioned more than once in the bible does not mean there is more than one gospel. Jesus is mentioned in the Bible more than once, is there more than 1 Jesus?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”
    Mark 16:15
  • He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2 Thessalonians 2:14
  • For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.
    Mark 8:35
  • For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
    Romans 1:16
  • Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2
  • “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”
    Mark 1:15
  • For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
All of these verses speak of 1 gospel. Just because the gospel is mentioned more than once in the bible does not mean there is more than one gospel. Jesus is mentioned in the Bible more than once, is there more than 1 Jesus?

What was the good news preached in Mark by Jesus and the 12?

Whom was it preached to?

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
What was the good news preached in Mark by Jesus and the 12?

Whom was it preached to?
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved

Jesus just rose from the grave, He was speaking of preaching this good news of Him, this is no different than any other time the gospel is mentioned.

Do you not know what is meant by the word gospel? We can go into the specifics of the definition if that helps, but the bible is clear that the gospel means the good news of Jesus and what He did on the cross for our sins.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved

Jesus just rose from the grave, He was speaking of preaching this good news of Him, this is no different than any other time the gospel is mentioned.

Do you not know what is meant by the word gospel? We can go into the specifics of the definition if that helps, but the bible is clear that the gospel means the good news of Jesus and what He did on the cross for our sins.

What exactly do they have to believe in about Jesus during that time?

That was my question.

Upvote 0