bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Every knee will bow and “acknowledge” the existence of Christ as Deity, but that will not “save” those that go to hell. For those that go to hell and afterwards having them accept God’s charity would be like putting a gun to the person’s head and saying Love me or else. A forced Love is not a Godly type Love. God provided every mature adult with all the opportunities on earth to make a truly free will choice to accept or reject God’s charity (accepting another likely alternative being the perceived pleasures of sin for a season), so their refusing means they will not change no matter what, so that choice was taken away from them. They will realize what they did and blame only themselves.

God chose to Love us which requires a free will ability, since Godly type Love is not some knee jerk reaction, so for us to Love back requires our free will choice to do so.

You have to have free will in order to Love God with a Godly type Love.

In Heaven you still have free will (like the angels, so of whom rebelled against God).

Christ is in your presence helping you in the form of the Spirit which you now see and tough 24/7?

The tree of knowledge or something similar is not there to tempt you, satan is no longer around and you have experience with both sin and satan, so there is no temptation to learn about evil.

Lots of temptations can go back to the conflict sexuality creates, yet that goes away by no longer being a sexual being.

God has given us everything, so what is there to covet?

To be like God comes with having Godly type Love (unselfish) like God, so do you desire to be even more unselfish (OK, but is that something to covet?)

Sin is needed on earth to help humans initially fulfill their earthly objective, so God does not arrange earth to be a place to avoid sinning, but sin is not needed in heaven, so everything is there to help you avoid sinning.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Free Will in Heaven
(Adapted from and with apologies to Eric Clapton -- Tears in Heaven)

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there's got to be
Free will in heaven.

Would you throw a fit,
If He controlled you in heaven?
Would it be the same,
If He bound your will in heaven?

You must be strong,
And carry on.
'Cause you know there's no free will
Here in heaven

=====
ANSWER: NO! there is no Free Will in Heaven
=====
Thankfully, in glorification God eradicates my sin nature and eliminates any possibility of rebellion.

So much for the theory that for love to exist you have to be free to reject the other person.

There is love among the Three Persons of the God Head, yet I am not worried They will have a spat!
Sorry, must disagree here.

There will be free will in heaven.. We will not be robots...

The part of us that is the corrupt flesh, will have died. We are raised incorruptible.

We will also be "like Christ". Can Christ Sin? As the man on earth, ya, He could have. Satan tried to get Him to sin but could not... We will be like Him.

There will be no sin in us.. but we will still have free will. We always have and always will.

Think of it this way.. When you have not had anything to eat all day and you face an all you can eat buffet...

That is you before heaven and the food is sin..

Now, after you have had a good meal, you are stuffed.... and someone offers you a nice piece of pecan pie... It almost nauseates you... because you have no desire for food anymore...

That is us in heaven with no desire for sinning.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So what difference does the mechanics of how that happens make?

It's all about where you put your trust. Don't tell me that makes no difference. The "mechanics," are not the issue, as though we cared about the method that God used to keep our hearts turned toward him. The issue is that it's him, not us, that we are trusting to keep us that way, not just in the life to come, but in this one, as well.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's all about where you put your trust. Don't tell me that makes no difference. The "mechanics," are not the issue, as though we cared about the method that God used to keep our hearts turned toward him. The issue is that it's him, not us, that we are trusting to keep us that way, not just in the life to come, but in this one, as well.

So it boils down to the same question as "Calvinism vs Arminianism," then, in your opinion?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Free Will in Heaven

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure.
Free will in heaven.

Would you throw a fit,
Would it be the same,

You must be strong,
And carry on.
Here in heaven

=====
=====
Thankfully, in glorification God eradicates my sin nature and eliminates any possibility of rebellion.

So much for the theory that for love to exist you have to be free to reject the other person.

There is love among the Three Persons of the God Head, yet I am not worried They will have a spat!
The answer is yes because God is free, he has free will, yet he never sins, he never desires what is wicked and evil. Freedom doesn't mean being free to do either good or evil. It means being free from evil even though you know what it is and how to accomplish it. Free from what harms, destroys, and corrupts is what freedom is for.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
in heaven is to be IN Christ . to be in Christ is to be in love .. love does not rebel love has no desire to rebell .Yes there is is free will in heaven . there a trees and fruits and all manner of imagined beyong what has enetered into our present imaginings .
how will you choose which fruit to eat if there is no free will , more importantly why would you be concerned . but in a perfected sate of Love there will be absolutely NO inclination to sin .. it will be more pure then the innocence of a 1 year old who has the free will to pick up the red toy or the blue toy ..but has no desire in him to hate and thus murder anyone .

Free Will in Heaven

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure.
Free will in heaven.

Would you throw a fit,
Would it be the same,

You must be strong,
And carry on.
Here in heaven

=====
=====

Reactions: fhansen
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe once we are clothed in the new garments there will be no desire for evil. We will be free in the sense we will not desire otherwise.

And white robes were given unto every one of them... -Revelation 6:11

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. - Revelation 19:7-8
free will? ... if you abide in me and my word abides in you .. "you shall ask what you will"..... why ? becaseu whatever you ask will be motivated by the pure love and nature of God in you .

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks but how in the world can one know this? Well as Jesus would say.. you dont even know the natural how can you know the supernatural? When we talk about free will here ...people debate..still are.

I see people some how equate free will to sin. And that in heaven its taken away. God never gave it away. And no free will in heaven..yet Angels... sin was found IN Satan.. and those that fell.. made a CHOICE..they had the right to make a choice. GOD NEVER CHANGES...

You will still be you.. how does your Heavenly Father treat you here? Again.. I dont see free will = sin. I wonder what some really think about heaven.. as if .. your will have JOY for everything. You will never dislike anything anyone..on and on. Did you know the Father gets upset and its not a sin. Let not the sun go down upon. You get to heaven.. people will come to you and you to them for some of things you did or they did to you.

This world.. its NOT the way He wanted it.. but He uses it for His glory. He made us in His image..that is not just LOOKS. When we talk about the the armor we are to put on.. put on the whole armor of GOD..its His armor. When we see Christ we will be as He is. How was He here? He will be the same in heaven. How did He act talk feel? You will think feel what ever..same. But no SIN will be there. Like crying.. you think crying will be gone? Man.. I am so easily touched by so much and haha and cry so easy.. yet its not sorrow its joy.. that will still be there..

You will be able say.. I would rather live WAY over there.. He will with JOY. ok.. your still YOU. Just everything that is not of HIM is gone.. you are NOW of HIM.. I really dont care.. just as long as SIN is gone.. its a daily walk.. and like so many I am so tried... I see the finish line

Reactions: fhansen
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Free Will in Heaven

I believe people who get eternal life, will have free will. They are righteous and freely want to do what is good and right, which is why they can have the life.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Mat. 25:46

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Free Will in Heaven

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure.
Free will in heaven.

Would you throw a fit,
Would it be the same,

You must be strong,
And carry on.
Here in heaven

=====
=====

I would argue free will isn't a reality for any entity EXCEPT holy creatures. Humans have no free will; we only have the freedom to respond to what situations we are in, but we don't have the power to of will to change our life settings - the idea that you make your heaven is a terrible misunderstanding.

The fact that holy entities have free will and choose to give 100% of their free will to the Most High God is part of what makes them holy.

A real holy entity does not have to be barred in will, because its will is in unity with the Most High God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First, what is free will? Can I choose to fly? No! Then is there no free will? Free will is not about that. Free will is to be able to freely choose the options aviable. In that sense we have free will now and will also in heaven.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Free Will in Heaven

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure.
Free will in heaven.

Would you throw a fit,
Would it be the same,

You must be strong,
And carry on.
Here in heaven

=====
=====

One could argue there is no free will on earth

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm If God only wanted robotic service and love he would not have created humans... or even angels for that matter! He wants to be loved 'genuinely' not mechanically. So, yes, there will be free will in heaven BUT that definition may be different/may change the world's current definition of free will. And then again, having the mind of Christ, having been redeemed, we will not have any sin nature... so our 'want to's will not be carnally minded. We cannot sin... what brings about sin.. lust of the eye, lust of the flesh, pride of life..so since we won't have those, and won't even want for anything... how could we make a bad choice (i.e. go against God) using our free will.

Last edited:
Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

Dropout_Theologian

Not an ant in God's glorious library.
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope, truly hope, my will aligns with God's in heaven, for his sake (though he needs me not) and mine. I am grieved to deal with my remarkable sinfulness here on earth. I envision a place where I am no more rebellious. Perhaps I shall be a singer, or a bell ringer. Something where I can recapture the brotherhood of pre-performance anxiety. To the glory of God, and that I love him.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Free Will in Heaven

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure.
Free will in heaven.

Would you throw a fit,
Would it be the same,

You must be strong,
And carry on.
Here in heaven

=====
=====

We will all be filled with the Holy Ghost so the will will be Gods!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One could argue there is no free will on earth
The capacity that we operating under a "free will" model now I don't think changes. The things we do will still be as choices it just we know a hole lot more, enlighten if you will. Healthy people don't throw themselves off a cliff and they are content to live in this measures, in heaven we too won't do things against God which in similar way will be harmful to us.

Upvote 0

Tom34

Perfection of Character is a daily job
Nov 16, 2018
Brisbane
✟9,006.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes there is.

Those who are in heaven will definitely choose God even though the free will is still there because they knows the effect of Sin.

World is our spiritual battle ground. If we choose God on earth, there is no reason why we would choose other entity when we are in heaven. :)

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes there is.

Those who are in heaven will definitely choose God even though the free will is still there because they knows the effect of Sin.

World is our spiritual battle ground. If we choose God on earth, there is no reason why we would choose other entity when we are in heaven. :)
Yes! To the extent that we choose God on earth, opting for good over evil, life over death, light over darkness, we're heaven-bound. And once there God totally confirms our choice with a welcoming party that we can't begin to imagine.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Tom34
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see other good answers as well :thumbsup:

Yes, I am reminded of the verses where Paul writes about we being bad/evil yet able to come to the truth, and be able to discern good and evil ... here on earth.... so how much more when we are in heaven and NOT evil at all, be able to 'stay sinless' as I guess would be the foundation for choosing God always...

Upvote 0

Reconciliation and Truth

Nov 4, 2018
Midwest
✟19,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Free Will in Heaven

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure.
Free will in heaven.

Would you throw a fit,
Would it be the same,

You must be strong,
And carry on.
Here in heaven

=====
=====

I love God, without coercion or force.

Upvote 0