Is there anything in the bible that REQUIRES us to drink wine and eat bread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnswersforChrist

Supporter
Jan 15, 2009
✟22,898.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most Christians will tell you that in order to be saved all you have to do is believe in Jesus. Not even baptism is required, even though it is recommended and I would assume that communion is that same way. I haven't had communion at the church I go to and while I would like to they apparently don't see it as important there.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The only commands regarding Communion are:
1. we examine ourselves first
2. We do it in remembrance of Him until He returns

As with most issues, the heart is what is important and not the physical elements used. Although I am trying to grow grapes this season. If this goes well, then I will grow more and will try to make my own wine.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like Jesus did with the disciples? In order to be saved? I personally think not. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks. :pray:

JESUS did this so that we could have HIM living within us. My question would be why would a CHRISTIAN not want to take the BODY and BLOOD of JESUS within them?

There is but one rule JESUS set before us when we partake of HIS BODY and BLOOD:

WHEN YOU EAT MY BODY AND DRINK MY BLOOD DO IT IN REMEBERANCE OF ME.

You can do this in a fox hole, middle of the desert, home, or where ever you are. This is something you can do yourself. There is not much work in mixing plain flour with a little milk, salt and putting it in a frying pan to harden. Then all you need is some wine.

Say a prayer and do it as JESUS said in HIS WORD. This means as much as taking IT any where in the world.

There is no rule this has to be done in a church, by a priest, or a preacher. Some would have you to believe the bread and wine must have a special BLESSING.That's just more church doctrine to put a spot on their lambs so they will flock together.

JESUS gave this to everyone.

So I ask you again WHY wouldn't you want to have JESUS in you to nourish your soul?

LOVE

steven :hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Snyder45

Smoking Gun
Mar 8, 2009
Azle, Texas (Eagle Mountain Lake)
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like Jesus did with the disciples? In order to be saved? I personally think not. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks. :pray:

People who condemn drinking wine or eating bread bring on their own head judgements they do not understand.

As for any "requirements", no, but people should understand God is everywhere and everything... so you believe that and you eat and drink God's flesh. You do not, you then are cast outside.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you were in a relationship with someone looking to just do them absolute minimum to be in that relationship with you, but in return wanted your fullest attention, and demanded your best efforts for their ease and comfort of living, would you even consider that a "relationship?"

(Especially when others are giving all of their hearts, mind, spirit and strength.) Remember How ever you measure the minimalist in your life, the same measure will be used against you.

I guess the real question should be, why would you not want to be apart of the communion that Jesus asked us to be apart of?

Upvote 0

liftmeup

May 12, 2009
✟15,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only commands regarding Communion are:
1. we examine ourselves first
2. We do it in remembrance of Him until He returns

As with most issues, the heart is what is important and not the physical elements used. Although I am trying to grow grapes this season. If this goes well, then I will grow more and will try to make my own wine.

Good luck! I think you don't get a crop for the first 3 years or so. They told me that at a vineyard.

Upvote 0

liftmeup

May 12, 2009
✟15,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Well, Jesus did say "Do this in remembrance of me, all of you." It sounds like a command, or at least a strong recommendation. And I do believe in the real presence and as such there is a great spiritual and corporeal benefit in taking communion.
:pray:

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good luck! I think you don't get a crop for the first 3 years or so. They told me that at a vineyard.

well, then someone else will enjoy them. LOL I don't think I'll be in this house in 1 year let alone 3 years. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vollkommen Warrior

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟917.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks all. Do not take offense. I am not suggesting it not be done or condemning it, sheesh! I believe it is meant symbolically not literally. Catholics take it literally which is ok too. There's nothing wrong with this and its a good way to demonstrate faith. In terms of doing it to be saved tho, which is what I am referencing this is not the case. A person told me yo uneed to do this to be saved. We cannot be saved by deeds. I am not saying it shouldn't be done. Relax some of you , lol. And thanks for the answers.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks all. Do not take offense. I am not suggesting it not be done or condemning it, sheesh! I believe it is meant symbolically not literally. Catholics take it literally which is ok too. There's nothing wrong with this and its a good way to demonstrate faith. In terms of doing it to be saved tho, which is what I am referencing this is not the case. A person told me yo uneed to do this to be saved. We cannot be saved by deeds. I am not saying it shouldn't be done. Relax some of you , lol. And thanks for the answers.

You need to know that while GOD speaks to folks through HIS ANOINTED satan also speaks to folks through his own.

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

TheJoey777

Joseph
Jun 2, 2009
United States
✟7,639.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The simple answer, no. What you have to understand is that the bible should not be taken literally from word to word. Jesus loved to speak in parables.

The wine and bread, I believe, Is meant more to be symbolic from the stand point of the bible. What I believe this signifies is communion.

Upvote 0

liftmeup

May 12, 2009
✟15,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well this thread wasn't meant to be a debate on the 'real presence' but it's turning out that way. He did state categorically that the gifts of bread and wine 'were' him though and for this reason I believe he meant it. And for that reason the practice is most beneficial to body and soul.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live for ever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

John 6:56
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

If he had meant it symbolically why bother? And to prove my point, people who don't believe in the real presence hardly ever do bother...
There is nothing unbelievable about it - this is the guy you believe walked on water right?!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fixation On God

God knows your pain
May 30, 2009
Nebraska
✟8,007.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
reason of "Get Thee behind me, Satan!" found in (Matthew 16:23)

"Since your thinking is concerning man and not God", but you can read it for yourself.

If you don't take communion, just take it, thus removing all doubts of "Where you'll end up when you die". But you gotta take it in rememberance of the blood that was sacrificed from Jesus. But you already know this stuff so there is no point in this thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.