Is there anyone here with the gift of interpretation of tongues?

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried google translator? It should detect any of the main world languages.
I do not think it works audibly as I am unsure how to write down the words. Also I am not sure it is a worldly language.

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds to me like a language you would hear in the middle east or something. Is this for a laugh or you serious?
I am serious. But I already got an answer, thanks. Praise God!

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟678,402.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
1Co 14:23 Therefore if the whole church assembles in one place and all speak with tongues, and those who are unlearned or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?

This is the bottomline teaching about speaking in tongues: If it is an unknown language, as it most frequently is, it should be spoken in private.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm glade to hear you got the answer, and by the "Praise God" you figured out where to get it.

Interpretation of tongues is actually quiet easy if you know the Lord but it is not like Christians tend to think by leaning on their own understand. If you are leaning on your own understanding you are going to come to silly conclusion like trying to use google to translate God. We haven't read anything in the Bible about "tongues of angels" have we? Perhaps we read how everyone heard in their own language, if they were a devote believer, and that no mater what language the other person was saying?

You would think that we at least have read that His sheep hear His voice, and that God is spirit. You would think that we would, from listening to the Lord, understand that the Spirit of God speaks to you personally, and that those words are found in your heart and on your lips.

Can we not even put that information together? Here is what happens. You pick up in your heart what the Spirit is saying to you personally, even if He personally wants to speak those words to others. And we should know that if we ask the Lord for a translation, we get it. Have we not read anything about you don't have because you have not asked? So you ask for the translation and you get it!!! You get it every time, if you believe, because it is written that if you abide in His words ask what you will and you will have it. We read that right?

So speaking in tongues is simply giving your words, your mouth, over to the Lord and He fills it. If He fills it with a language your mind doesn't understand, which He might, then you ask for the interpretation!!

Perhaps we have not read 1 Cor 14:13 Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

So we have an instruction!!! Do we follow it? Perhaps instead of seeking the Lord as commanded, we come to a Christian forum instead of following the instruction? Perhaps we Christians are thinking that a person should go to google instead of the Lord like commanded? Perhaps we are scoffers, saying, are you serious.

We are supposed to be believers in Jesus Christ. He is supposed to be our Lord. A Wonderful Counselor we proclaim Him to be but don't go to Him? Do we not even see the problems we "believer's" have? Face it, we are men of little faith. Me too, but I thought about these things, prayed, listened, asked, and found out somethings interesting. Those things basically came down to seeking the Lord instead of leaning on my own understanding, at least at times.

So when I listened, He encouraged me to continue to seek Him. When I spoke in tongues and asked Him I got answers. I got interpretations. They came in different ways.

Sometimes He just gave me a brief explanation. He might just tell me who I was praying for but not what was being prayed. You don't always need to know other peoples problems, or 'other people's business' like we something say. The Lord does not gossip does He? So He might have you pray for someone by praying in tongues because you don't need to know.

He might give you a word for word translation right after you say it, so it indeed comes across as a translation like you might hear if a person was there giving the translation right after you say it. Indeed, the Lord is there and can be that person. I have found this helpful when I am called on to pray for someone and don't know what I should pray, so I want the Lord's words but lack a bit of confidence that what I am thinking is from Him. In that case I can let Him speak in tongues through me, then ask for the translation, and pray it. That way it helps me separate my thinking from His.

You can sing in tongues, ask for the interpretation and often have Him move the song in tongues instantly into a song in English. I don't do this too often. I am not much of a singer. Yet it has been extremely interesting. You get some interesting songs. I also once found out that I was singing an old Christian song that I knew, but I had been singing it very slowing in tongues so I had not recognized it.

The point of God giving us the gift of tongues is to help us trust the Lord with our words said even if we don't know what is being said. Thus tongues is design to increase your faith. Interpretation of tongues is meant to trust God for an explanation even if you have no idea. Again it is used to increase your faith that the Lord our God is indeed there for you. Perhaps we should start believing that? We have a problem believing that, don't we, or how else can we explain not seeking Him first for an interpretation?

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am wondering what I am saying when speaking in tongues and would ask if there is an interpreter here who could help me out.

Why ask us??. If God wanted you to know what you were saying, then YOU would be gifted to interpret. Apparently, it's a discourse between the Holy Spirit and Father - ASSUMING that the tongues are real, Holy Spirit sourced, and not just "Learned".

NOBODY is "an Interpreter". That's not how it works. Individuals (like myself) are temporarily burdened to speak Interpretation, in exactly the same way that you SPeak in tongues. essentially the same gifting - we speak that which the Holy Spirit speaks into our minds. The "Interpreter" doesn't understand the "Tongue" but does receive from the Holy Spirit the words of the interpretation to speak. YOU can be gifted to Interpret as well as anybody else IF God chooses to do it.

Upvote 0

Courage Ampadu

Feb 27, 2017
Uk
✟15,622.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am wondering what I am saying when speaking in tongues and would ask if there is an interpreter here who could help me out.

There are a few issues here. Firstly, there are gifts (plural) of tongues. Paul mentions this in 1 Corinthians 12:28. This passage is not referring to people merely speaking different languages but that there are different gifts. On the Day of Pentecost the Holyh Spirit fell on the people and they began to speak in tongues. Those present heard them and understood what they were saying. In other words the disciples were speaking in a language that was recognisable and understandable.

In 1 Corinthians 14:2 Paul writes: For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
The gift of speaking in an unknown tongue as explained in this passage is really about a prayer language. This is further confirmed in I Cor 14:14: For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.

The person speaking in tongues speaks to God and what he says makes sense to no one but God. Surely this can't be the same experience as the one on pentecost otherwise people would understand what was being said.

Finally, there is the experience described in 1 Corinthians 14:5 which is about prophesying in tongues. Paul writes:
I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
In this passage Paul suggests that it is possible to say something in tongues and interpret it so that others might benefit. I should mention that all three can occur at the same time depending on what the Holy Spirit wants to achieve. While praying in your closet you might find yourself saying something that sounds like a message to someone or even to yourself.

When it comes to interpretation: the Day of Pentecost type tongues can be interpreted straightaway by anyone who understands the language being spoken.

On the other hand a prophetic message delivered in an unknown tongue requires inspiration of the Holy Spirit to interpret. Usually it works like this; a message is spoken in tongues and the interpretation follows suit through the same person or someone else present at the time. As soon as you have spoken the word in tongues you experience a burden to say something else in your language that is the equivalent of what you said in tongues. Alternatively you might get a thought. Following that thought leads to a revelation which again you might experience an urge to say aloud or simply write down.

Recording a word in tongues and sending it out for others to interpret is probably not the best way forward as the interpretation is delivered on the spot. Next time you pray in tongues and sense that you are also saying something else that is not just prayer it may be a sign that the Lord wants to communicate something to you or to someone else through you. Pay attention to the thoughts you get at that time. Follow them and you might get an urge to say something out aloud. What you say might end up being the interpretation of the tongues you spoke earlier. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like somebody trying to makeup quick sounds and incorporating some Russian sounds into it.

1 Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”

Acts 2:15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!

1 Cor 14:21 In the Law it is written, “BY MEN OF STRANGE TONGUES AND BY THE LIPS OF STRANGERS I WILL SPEAK TO THIS PEOPLE, AND EVEN SO THEY WILL NOT LISTEN TO ME,” says the Lord.

I was talking to the Lord outside the post office one day and He told me, "Karl, my silliness is better than men's best wisdom." I told Him, "that it is written His foolishness." He responded by saying "Karl, I am not a fool! I can not be a fool, but perhaps I can be silly for a reason."

1 Cor 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Is 28:11 Indeed, He will speak to this people. Through stammering lips and a foreign tongue,

So He has people speak with "stammering lips" and people say that is not of God. Have they not read the Bible? More importantly, have they not talked to the Lord to find out what He says about it? It seems as though they have been leaning on their understanding and their wisdom. So has He not indeed caught them in their "craftiness". They have said God' people are drunk, that a quick sound is not of God, but they do not seek God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like somebody trying to makeup quick sounds and incorporating some Russian sounds into it.

Real languages have a structure, they are not just a "machine gun" of sounds.
I got the idea in my head that these unknown tongues are like encryption. If you look at an encrypted message without the correct keys it will look like gibberish, but to those who have the correct keys it will make sense.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got the idea in my head that these unknown tongues are like encryption. If you look at an encrypted message without the correct keys it will look like gibberish, but to those who have the correct keys it will make sense.

Yeah - It's kind of like that except it is not with or without 'the correct keys, but rather with or with out the Holy Spirit!!!

Interpretations of tongues comes through the Holy Spirit and not through our thinking!!

Christians should understand about the small voice of the Lord's, because the Word of God we preach is found in your heart and in your mouth. So the interpretation of tongues comes the exact same way! You find the interpretation in your heart and in your mouth, which is the same place you got the tongues from also!!

So if I turn my mouth over to the Lord He can and will fill it. Is there not something written about opening your mouth and He will fill it? He can and will do that if you turn your voice of to Him. And so if you want the interpretation of what He filled it with, you simply ask Him and you find the interpretation in your heart (via that small voice of His) or perhaps you will find it in your mouth it you just let that small voice come out your mouth.

So interpretation is not something where you examine what is said with your brain and then by your own understanding convert it to your language! People forget that the Bible says do not lean on your own understanding, or they fail to realize that God really means that they should not lean on their own understanding but that they should always seek Him.

And so it is that people hear someone speaking in tongues and say to themselves, 'that doesn't make sense to me - it is gibberish' - they have just leaned on their own understanding instead of seek the Lord by faith and listening to what He has to say.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Real languages have a structure, they are not just a "machine gun" of sounds.
Then you haven't heard every 'real' language there is. The strangest I've ever heard is the Tagalog kind. It has staccato clicks of the tongue mixed with sounds that I guess could be called words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This forum is only for posters who believe in the manifestation of spiritual gifts and they're for today per forum rules

Believing in the manifestation of spiritual gifts. I would think must be defined .

I would think the spiritual represents the unseen gifts that work in the believer not accredited to them . We have the treasure of His authority in these earthen bodies but know it is of God who works with us in us. Not of our own selves.. .unless any man boast in false pride.

Tongues which is prophecy is one of them.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Interpretation of tongues is one of the Spiritual Gifts (temporary enablements), and while I've Interpreted tongues MANY times over the years, I'm also fully aware that I don't "interpret" anything, but simply speak the words given to me by the Holy Spirit (in exactly the way the Tongues speaker, and the Prophet does).

If THAT doesn't happen, then there will BE NO interpretation. Paul suggests that the Tongues speakers SHOULD ALSO pray that they will be able to interpret.

Last edited:
Upvote 0