• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is there an unforgivable sin

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 11:35
And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

That's a great verse, I never knew it existed in the bible. Will have to write it down for latter use.

Upvote 0

Chris86Amerie

Apr 9, 2013
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Great so if we blaspheme aganist the Holy Spirit we will be condemned to Hell? Is this really true? Cuz I have Obsessive Compuslive Disorder and thing curse words in my head and am reading the bible and scared about the verse that says we will be condemned if we blaspheme aganist the Holy Spirit. Is this true? I thought every sin can be forgiven? This is really scarin me any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless

Upvote 0

EGordo

Oct 20, 2012
✟15,373.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you love the fruits of the Spirit such as love, joy, peace, longsuffering, meekness, faith, and more than you probably have nothing to worry about. We all say things we don't mean. Sometimes I have thoughts in my head that are totally offensive but that's because we are corrupted. I don't really mean those thoughts and I think the Lord knows that.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Chris,

All sin is forgivable there is no sin that is not forgivable. Read The Unpardonable Sin to see the arguments in favor of this view. I have cut and pasted the website content below.

From time to time a person may think that they have committed a sin that is unpardonable, but is it actually scriptural. First I will show the most common reasons people feel they have committed it, and show that really there is no basis for this for a person who desires repentance. There are two ways the devil will try to convince a person they have committed sin that God will not forgive.

The first method is by using the following scriptures. Which although are in separate books of the bible they are identical passages, it is the same story written by different authors. The verses say:

Mat 12:31-32 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Mar 3:28-30 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

So how does the devil use this verse? Firstly he will try to get a person to say something negative about God or in a time of sin will cause a person to speak something defamatory against God or the Holy Spirit. He will then put pressure on the person through feelings of anxiety that they have been separated from God and are no longer saved, and can not be forgiven.

We will discuss latter that all sins can be forgiven. But for now we will discuss what these verses were referring to. You will notice Mark says what the sin is that the Pharisees are committing. After seeing Jesus perform a miracle they said that Jesus had performed the miracle by the working of satanic power. They were calling Jesus a devil for performing miracles. Notice that although Jesus said it is unforgivable to speak in this way against God, he closed the passage with the following statement:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Notice the passage said the person was in danger of eternal damnation. Being in danger of falling off a cliff does not kill you; it is only if you fall off that you die. Jesus said that those who were blaspheming the Holy Spirit were not damned but were only in danger of hell. The reason for this is if they repented of their sin, realised Jesus was from God, they could have forgiveness. It was only their current state of unbelief that was unforgivable. God will only offer so much proof, if we deny the proof he offers we may find we are in danger of hell. But if you have just spoken a word against God, it is nothing at all, it is just the devil lying to you to keep you from blessing, God has already forgiven you.

So what are the other scary verses? Hebrew 6 is one of the most feared. The devil uses this verse by getting a person to believe that if they sin they are abandoning faith, he will say “If you sin you will no longer be a Christian”, when he knows full well you intend to sin, or are too weak to resist sin. So what is the verse:

Heb 6:4-6 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

So that sounds quite scary to a genuine Christian who may have fallen into a sin, or gone back to an old sin. They may well think I have fallen away, I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and it is as Hebrews says now “Impossible”, to be “bought back to repentance”. However the actual problem with this thinking comes from the idea that the verse is actually meaning that they are currently “crucifying the Son of God all over again”. This thinking would mean that in order for the person to have out sinned God, Jesus sacrifice is no longer there. But how far does it stretch? Only one sin, two sins, no sins, only sins before receiving the Holy Spirit? The latter is often peoples fear, i.e. “I have once been enlightened”, now they feel cut off. But we will actually start with Hebrews to show that the idea that Jesus sacrifice is limited to a few sins or one almighty sin is flawed. Note the following verse:

Heb 9:27-28 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people;

So what did that just say, man dies once, so in like manner Jesus dies once. So from my rendering that is a life for a life, one life time of sins for one sacrifice. We don’t face judgment until after we die. A further verse that supports the idea that sin is covered for a life time is the following

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Note that Paul says that any sin that is not taken to the grave is forgivable, we are just not to pray for peoples sins once they die. It means that if God has left us alive he is seeking eternal life for us, he wants us restored. We are to pray for life for the sinning believer while they live. It is only if you die in sin that it is too late.

How forgivable is sin, and once we receive the Holy Spirit are we a super being incapable of sinning? First we must go to a verse directed to those who HAD received the Holy Spirit and it says:

1Jn 1:7-9 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

So firstly he said “if we claim to be with out sin”, or the devil tells you were 100% with out sin, and have now stuffed up, we should quote that verse, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us” but what else does it say God is “is faithful and just and will forgive”, and to forgive “all sin”. Faithfulness means a person sticks by us even when we don’t do the right thing. Justice is doing what is fair. God sees it as fair to forgive a person seeking repentance, to deny a person the right to forgiveness is unfair, but note God is both faithful and just. And furthermore what of the verse below:

1Jn 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

But if anyone does sin, we have one who speaks in our defence, so Jesus is actually defending you. Note he is the sacrifice for “our sins”, not just the unbelievers sins. So a Christian can sin and be justified. Remember what Jesus said to his disciples when they asked how many times their brother could sin and still be forgiven.

Mat 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times”.

The above verse means infinitely, all the time. When a brother in Christ wants repentance God said “forgive them”. God does the same with any sin he forgives when ever we ask.

And what about the book of James, referring to Christians who have gone back to sin:
Jas 5:19-20 My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

So if some one moves away from God, wanders into error, and sin they can be bought back to repentance. Also the bible says in Ezekiel

Eze 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

Eze 18:31-32 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

What God, does not delight in the death of anyone, so he is not delighting in sinners perishing. He says “Why will you die?”, there is no need to die, all we need to do is repent, change our thinking, and we will have life. Again he says:

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

So if we confess our sin, it is pardonable, why well the sacrifice of Jesus is available today. Why well God is “faithful and just”, “not willing that anyone perish”, taking “no pleasure in the death of anyone”. But remember it is a life for a life, once for all sin, in the same way it is appointed for man to die once and face the judgment. Jesus death only paid for this life’s sins, if we don’t repent before we die, there is no sacrifice for eternal sin, Jesus died in the flesh, not the Spirit, he did not suffer hell for us, only death in the body. But hey don’t be scared if you are alive and reading this there is no problem. The only sin that will kill you is totally unrepentant sin, not willing to come back for forgiveness no matter what God says, and if you have that sort you are probably not even interested in reading this page. God is not unjust, he is faithful. Ask God to restore his relationship with you, and he will not cast you out. You will be saved.

Upvote 0

Chris86Amerie

Apr 9, 2013
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
FutureandAHope thanks a lot for your reply. It helped me out a lot.

I have a question though. What happens if i'm on a medication that caused me brain damage and I can't think normal thoughts because of the brain damage and I can't think certain things to pray about because I have brain damage what then? Thanks

and God Bless

Also see I sinned much in my past when I was a aethist but something happened in my life where I now believe in God and i am no atheist anymore.

Also I have brain damage, and paralyzed vocal cords,(from medications I was on in the past) and schizophernia, etc. do you think God can heal these things in time or anytime and do you think he will?

Thanks again for helping out and God Bless

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FutureandAHope thanks a lot for your reply. It helped me out a lot.

I have a question though. What happens if i'm on a medication that caused me brain damage and I can't think normal thoughts because of the brain damage and I can't think certain things to pray about because I have brain damage what then? Thanks

and God Bless

Also see I sinned much in my past when I was a aethist but something happened in my life where I now believe in God and i am no atheist anymore.

Also I have brain damage, and paralyzed vocal cords,(from medications I was on in the past) and schizophernia, etc. do you think God can heal these things in time or anytime and do you think he will?

Thanks again for helping out and God Bless

Hi Chris,

Your brain dammage may prevent you doing some things, but you can communicate with me. So you will have no trouble communicating with God. God does not require really fancy prayers, he just wants our heart.

I was asking God about you, and he showed me a tin. When the tin was opened it had good fruit in it. I believe you are a little like the Tin man in the Wizard of OZ, you wonder whether your heart is good enough. But I believe God is saying you have good fruit, what is produced from your life is good. The changes you have made in your life show that you are a good Godly person, and God will bless you in your life.

As for can God heal your brain damage, yes he can, and I will join with you in prayer that he does. But while you remain sick know that God does not love you any less you are still his Child.

Upvote 0

kc843

Sep 21, 2014
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello my name is Amanda. I've been having this terrible experience myself since last oct-nov. I'm wondering if this guy is still around please message me. Thank you.

Mandi and Sickk, if you see this please reply to me / message me. I've had a similar experience as well...

Upvote 0

kc843

Sep 21, 2014
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Sickk,

I found this thread because I was searching to see if anyone has gone through a similar experience to the one I'm going through. I can relate to the feelings of deadness and inability to repent. I see that this was from a couple years ago. How have you been since? Hopefully you're still on here and read this. I'd really like to connect if possible.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2014
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My name is Jonathan Rivera, and I currently got a question.I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and I had some bad episodes. To the point where my family wants me on medication. I work out and the medication causes me to gain weight and bad side effects. Working out is my life and I cant deal with this on my mind all the time. My family said if I didn't take medication which I live on my own , that if I didn't take the medication I wouldn't be able to see them. So I lied to them because I knew I would defiantly not take the medication, and if I told them the truth I wouldn't be able to see them. So I told God that I was just going to tell that that I was on it, because I love them and I was getting bad anxiety from it and condemnation that I couldn't see them making matters worst. It felt if I just lied that my schizophrenia anxiety would leave and it did. It was weird but I want to know would God forgive me and still be with me even though I tell them this for a while? I told God before hand and asked for forgiveness, its just that I just don't want to be alone, and I cant stand the medication. So far so well, I have been doing good on niacin and high vitamin c alone. My condition causes me to believe that God is going to leave me, condemn me or even judge me for this lie. I know it isn't good, but if I didn't do it... it will cause a lot of anxiety and worry for no reason. I tried to reason with them, trust me I did but it doesn't work anymore.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2014
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My name is Jonathan Rivera, and I currently got a question.I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and I had some bad episodes. To the point where my family wants me on medication. I work out and the medication causes me to gain weight and bad side effects. Working out is my life and I cant deal with this on my mind all the time. My family said if I didn't take medication which I live on my own , that if I didn't take the medication I wouldn't be able to see them. So I lied to them because I knew I would defiantly not take the medication, and if I told them the truth I wouldn't be able to see them. So I told God that I was just going to tell that that I was on it, because I love them and I was getting bad anxiety from it and condemnation that I couldn't see them making matters worst. It felt if I just lied that my schizophrenia anxiety would leave and it did. It was weird but I want to know would God forgive me and still be with me even though I tell them this for a while? I told God before hand and asked for forgiveness, its just that I just don't want to be alone, and I cant stand the medication. So far so well, I have been doing good on niacin and high vitamin c alone. My condition causes me to believe that God is going to leave me, condemn me or even judge me for this lie. I know it isn't good, but if I didn't do it... it will cause a lot of anxiety and worry for no reason. I tried to reason with them, trust me I did but it doesn't work anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My condition causes me to believe that God is going to leave me, condemn me or even judge me for this lie. I know it isn't good, but if I didn't do it... it will cause a lot of anxiety and worry for no reason. I tried to reason with them, trust me I did but it doesn't work anymore.

It is quite easy to lie under pressure. Especially if we feel we will be harmed by not lying. God will forgive you for doing it. But you do need to stop lying. Trust that God will help you.

The use of medication to control schizophrenia is in my opinion counter productive. I have been on medication for it and it just caused me terrible and embarrassing side effects. Weight gain and shaking in public. In my opinion hearing voices is a demonic issue. The voices are very intelligent, and reasoned. It is my belief that anyone who wants to serve God with their whole heart will hear a voice from time to time, or experience feelings that could be classed as schizophrenic. It really worries me that Christian go to the mental health system for a thing they should be going to God for.

Upvote 0
Sep 7, 2014
✟7,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not even sure if this is even a current thread. But to the person who thinks they might have committed the unforgivable sin but won't open your mouth.. I know what you're going through, horrible cursing voices of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. This is not the unforgivable sin. I know what you're going through because I went / am going through that exact same thing. These are demonic attacks. And think about this, why would you be getting demonic attacks if you are no longer able to go to heaven? Why would satan bother you anymore? Trust me this was a huge issue for me. It helps if you change the wording I think that's what I used to do. For example, F@*K (you know who) rules! I know it's not the best thing, but it sounds a lot better than what originally came out. This helps me a bit. I can usually come up with one way to change the voices and put a positive spin on God. It doesn't matter, because irrelevant to the fact you think they're from you it seems (and I know it does) these thoughts are not from you they are from the blasphemous voice of satan putting these thoughts into your head. Understand the unforgivable sin is I believe to be the unwillingness to repent. Trust me I know the stuff these demonic attacks can cause. I thought I committed it one day, I was in tears and hat my stomach literally in knots and I have to this day never felt so bad in my life. These are just demonic attacks from satan. This is where you have to put on the Armor of God and use the sword, aka the word of God to tell satan, "this is from you not me, and God tells me the only way I can't be forgiven is to not repent, this is what the word of God says!" I know it's hard, lean on God and draw closer to Him. He will forgive you, trust in His Word. God bless

Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The case is that God will forgive any sin, and I have cut and pasted the case for this from my website.
Your full and thoughtful consideration of the scripture only misses one thing: JESUS SAID:
Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him.

Mark 3:28-29 “Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— 30 because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

We may differ on what this and the other renderings might mean but if there is NO unforgivable sin then our Lord either lied or was babbling like an idiot. All the philosophical speculations (sometimes called theo-babble) cannot change that.

ImCo, believing that YHWH is a liar and a false god driven by sinful impulses, desires and working by the power of evil is the reason the Satanic reprobate were passed over for election to salvation, that is, they were condemned on the spot to judgement, everlasting isolation, as expressed in JOHN 3:18.

Why is the sin of the Satanic reprobate eternal?

They can't be forgiven because
- they made the decision to rebel against GOD's claims to Deity and against the Son as their saviour from all sin by their free will and a free will decision cannot be changed by any other person unless the person asks for it to be changed.

- Once they rebelled they became enslaved by the addictive power of evil which destroyed their ability to seek true repentance. They were instantly and totally unable to repent of their evil and committed fully to the belief they were right to rebel against this upstart liar and false god.

- As thoroughly enslaved by the addictive Power of evil they have no power to save themselves so by repudiating the only power that could save them they isolate themselves from salvation forever.

- Since the purpose of our creation was to be a Bride for HIM in a heavenly marriage we had to have a free will and by our free will accept HIS proposal of marriage. Being forced to come to the marriage could never fulfill HIS purpose as HE did not want a Stepford Wife.

There are only two things that might bring the reprobate to the marriage: GOD's grace which they repudiated as false and evil forcing HIM into an eternal policy of non-interference, AND learning the truth of their fate in hell.

But if their desire to wed GOD came only from a fear of hell then their acceptance is not by their free will but by the coercion of the truth of hell - they are still not suitable as marriage partners having never chosen to be married to HIM by their free will. If HE was satisfied with forcing someone to want to marry HIM, HE did not have to go thru all the sin and suffering of letting us rebel and then leading those sinners who did not sin the unforgivable sin to want to marry HIM.

- then there is the added point: a little leaven (sin) leavens (corrupts ) the whole lump (person, community). If they are allowed into HIS heaven to help them to later changed their minds, then this verse tells us that heaven would be destroyed.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
Is this a current thread? I'm struggling with similar issues and it's terribly distressing.

I once thought I had committed a sin that was unpardonable. I spent over 10 years worrying about it, and thinking I was going to hell. Jesus used many in the church to draw me back to Him. I have since seen God work in many miraculous ways in my life, performing healing of the sick, and helping me and others in various ways. I now see the scripture in a different light to what I did at that time.

I would imagine that there are certain scriptures that you fear, could you share with me which ones are troubling you, and I will explain what I believe scripture says on the topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your full and thoughtful consideration of the scripture only misses one thing: JESUS SAID:
Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him.

Mark 3:28-29 “Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— 30 because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

We may differ on what this and the other renderings might mean but if there is NO unforgivable sin then our Lord either lied or was babbling like an idiot. All the philosophical speculations (sometimes called theo-babble) cannot change that.

ImCo, believing that YHWH is a liar and a false god driven by sinful impulses, desires and working by the power of evil is the reason the Satanic reprobate were passed over for election to salvation, that is, they were condemned on the spot to judgement, everlasting isolation, as expressed in JOHN 3:18.

Why is the sin of the Satanic reprobate eternal?

They can't be forgiven because
- they made the decision to rebel against GOD's claims to Deity and against the Son as their saviour from all sin by their free will and a free will decision cannot be changed by any other person unless the person asks for it to be changed.

- Once they rebelled they became enslaved by the addictive power of evil which destroyed their ability to seek true repentance. They were instantly and totally unable to repent of their evil and committed fully to the belief they were right to rebel against this upstart liar and false god.

- As thoroughly enslaved by the addictive Power of evil they have no power to save themselves so by repudiating the only power that could save them they isolate themselves from salvation forever.

- Since the purpose of our creation was to be a Bride for HIM in a heavenly marriage we had to have a free will and by our free will accept HIS proposal of marriage. Being forced to come to the marriage could never fulfill HIS purpose as HE did not want a Stepford Wife.

There are only two things that might bring the reprobate to the marriage: GOD's grace which they repudiated as false and evil forcing HIM into an eternal policy of non-interference, AND learning the truth of their fate in hell.

But if their desire to wed GOD came only from a fear of hell then their acceptance is not by their free will but by the coercion of the truth of hell - they are still not suitable as marriage partners having never chosen to be married to HIM by their free will. If HE was satisfied with forcing someone to want to marry HIM, HE did not have to go thru all the sin and suffering of letting us rebel and then leading those sinners who did not sin the unforgivable sin to want to marry HIM.

- then there is the added point: a little leaven (sin) leavens (corrupts ) the whole lump (person, community). If they are allowed into HIS heaven to help them to later changed their minds, then this verse tells us that heaven would be destroyed.

You miss the point that I am making. There is a vast difference between a person who may have sinned and feels it was unpardonable (due to the pressure put on them by the devil), and a person who ultimately rejects all God's drawings, and signs. Which is what the Pharisees were doing by calling Jesus a devil. They had been exposed to all the powerful works of Jesus but rather than repent, they chose to remain in their sin. In this state, they were unforgivable, for there was nothing more God could do to convince them.

The fact is the cross covers all of a person's sins. The only thing that can stop it from being applied is unbelief. Sin is "deceitful", it causes us to believe lies. In the end, sin prevents us from believing in the cross, even though it is available to us.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

Many people who fear they have committed the unpardonable sin, are in a time of affliction.

Job 36:8-13 And if they be bound in fetters, and be holden in cords of affliction; Then he sheweth them their work, and their transgressions that they have exceeded. He openeth also their ear to discipline, and commandeth that they return from iniquity. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures. But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge. But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

Yet God is still there for them. But there is a choice to make, repent of sin, and return to God's blessing, or continue in it and eventually lose all shreds of faith.

Upvote 0

CaitM

Warrior Princess
Jul 29, 2021
Melbourne
✟20,612.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I once thought I had committed a sin that was unpardonable. I spent over 10 years worrying about it, and thinking I was going to hell. Jesus used many in the church to draw me back to Him. I have since seen God work in many miraculous ways in my life, performing healing of the sick, and helping me and others in various ways. I now see the scripture in a different light to what I did at that time.

I would imagine that there are certain scriptures that you fear, could you share with me which ones are troubling you, and I will explain what I believe scripture says on the topic.

I've read almost everything I can find about it and everyone has different interpretations of what it is and how it's committed. I didn't even know that it was a thing until a few weeks before I said what I said that sent me into this mess.

May I ask what the sin was that you thought was unpardonable?

I am so afraid that I'm lost and going to die and be apart from Jesus. I want to be with Him.

It's the scriptures in the gospels about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and the scary verses in Hebrews 6.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've read almost everything I can find about it and everyone has different interpretations of what it is and how it's committed. I didn't even know that it was a thing until a few weeks before I said what I said that sent me into this mess.

May I ask what the sin was that you thought was unpardonable?

I am so afraid that I'm lost and going to die and be apart from Jesus. I want to be with Him.

It's the scriptures in the gospels about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and the scary verses in Hebrews 6.

The thing for me was not so much the sin, but stating at the time "I no longer wanted to be a Christian", that made me afraid of Hebrews 6.

One of the verses that give me comfort regarding Hebrews 6 is:

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

Hebrews 9 shows that the cross was offered for a lifetime of sins. Man dies once, so Christ had to be offered once, for this lifetime of sins. Why this is important is Hebrews 6, says that the person is "re-crucifying Christ", or "crucifying Christ again".

In light of Hebrews 9:27-28 this means that the person referred to as "falling away", actually died in their sins. That is the only way they could be "re-crucifying Christ", for Christ's life was given for a lifetime of sins.

Then there are scriptures like:

Jas 5:19-20 My friends, if any followers have wandered away from the truth, you should try to lead them back. If you turn sinners from the wrong way, you will save them from death, and many of their sins will be forgiven.

And

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God is faithful He, "sticks by us", and He is "just", will not deprive your just request for salvation.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes but what about the Scriptures about blaspheming the Holy Spirit and never being forgiven? That terrifies me.

The Pharisees had just seen Jesus perform miracles, and they called it "the devil". It is like Jesus had performed all the signs that He could to prove who He was, there was nothing more He could add to it, yet the Pharisees denied it. The sin was "unforgivable", because there was nothing more Jesus could do to "prove" Himself.

Upvote 0