• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is there an unforgivable sin

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On of the main problems for people <edit> is the condemnation that they have comitted an unpardonable sin, that God will not forgive you. The case is that God will forgive any sin, and I have cut and pasted the case for this from my website.

From time to time a person may think that they have committed a sin that is unpardonable, but is it actually scriptural. First I will the most common reason people feel they have committed it, and show that really there is no basis for this for a person who desires repentance.

So what are the scary verses? Hebrew 6 is the most feared.

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. - Heb 6:4-6

So that sounds quite scary to a genuine Christian who may have fallen into a sin, or gone back to an old sin. They may well think I have fallen away, I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and it is as Hebrews says now &#8220;Impossible&#8221;, to be &#8220;bought back to repentance&#8221;. However the actual problem with this thinking comes from the idea that the verse is actually meaning that they are currently &#8220;crucifying the Son of God all over again&#8221;. This thinking would mean that in order for the person to have out sinned God, Jesus sacrifice is no longer there. But how far does it stretch? Only one sin, two sins, no sins, only sins before receiving the Holy Spirit? The latter is often peoples fear, i.e. &#8220;I have once been enlightened&#8221;, now they feel cut off. But we will actually start with Hebrews to show that the idea that Jesus sacrifice is limited to a few sins or one almighty sin is flawed. Note the following verse:

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; Heb 9:27-28

So what did that just say, man dies once, so in like manner Jesus dies once. So from my rendering that is a life for a life, one life time of sins for one sacrifice. We don&#8217;t face judgment until after we die.

But is this scriptural how forgivable is sin, and once we receive the Holy Spirit are we a super being incapable of sinning? First we must go to a verse directed to those who HAD received the Holy Spirit and it says:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1Jn 1:7-9

So firstly he said &#8220;if we claim to be with out sin&#8221;, or the devil tells you were 100% with out sin, and have now stuffed up, we should quote that verse, &#8220;If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us&#8221; but what else does it say God is &#8220;is faithful and just and will forgive&#8221;. And furthermore what of the verse below:

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense&#8212;Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. - 1Jn 2:1-2

But if anyone does sin, we have one who speaks in our defence, so Jesus is actually defending you. Remember what Jesus said to his disciples when they asked how many times their brother could sin and still be forgiven.

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times&#8221;. As we know meaning infinitely. Mat 18:21-22

And what about the book of James:
My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins. - Jas 5:19-20

Also the bible says in Ezekiel

Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! - Eze 18:31-32

What God, does not delight in the death of anyone, so he is not delighting in sinners perishing.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. - 2Pe 3:9

So if we confess our sin, it is pardonable, why well the sacrifice of Jesus is available today. Why well God is &#8220;faithful and just&#8221;, &#8220;not willing that anyone perish&#8221;, taking &#8220;no pleasure in the death of anyone&#8221;. But remember it is a life for a life, once for all sin, in the same way it is appointed for man to die once and face the judgment. But hey don&#8217;t be scared if you are alive and reading this there is no problem. The only sin that will kill you is totally unrepentant sin, not willing to come back for forgiveness no matter what God says, and if you have that sort you are probably not even interested in reading this page. God is not unjust, he is faithful

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: klutedavid

muarader64

Oct 24, 2008
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, sadly, there is but one...

The Gospel according to Matthew(American Standard Version translation) Chap. 12 : 31-32 states:

12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

12:32 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but whosoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, nor in that which is to come.

also(pay close attention to what I have bolded):

The Gospel according to Mark(International Standard Version translation) Chap. 3 : 22-30 state:

3:22 The scribes who had come down from Jerusalem kept repeating, "He has Beelzebul," and "He drives out demons by the ruler of demons."

3:23 So Jesus called them together and began to speak to them in parables. "How can Satan drive out Satan?

3:24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

3:25 And if a household is divided against itself, that household will not stand.

3:26 So if Satan rebels against himself and is divided, he cannot stand. Indeed, his end has come.

3:27 No one can go into a strong man's house and carry off his possessions without first tying up the strong man. Then he can ransack his house.

3:28 Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter.

3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of eternal sin."

3:30 For they had been saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

The sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unforgivable by virtue of the fact that the person who is doing it is not willing to come to God for repentance. They would rather attribute an act of power to the devil than repent and believe God. That is the reason why there is no forgiveness because they have cut them selves off, being self condemned. A person who is willing to repent of any sin can do so, it is only those who would rather attribute Gods acts of power to Satan than repent who can't.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets look at scripture as a whole. If you read the following two scriptures you will see that if we confess our sins God WILL forgive us. A person who is committing the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not just talking bad about God but rather is willfully ignoring all the promptings of the Holy Spirit to repent of their sin, and is attributing that working of the Holy Spirit as something other than God, some of them even call it Satan. Many people have talked bad about God and been forgiven. I for a few years of my life hated God, and swore at him, detested him, but he through his love and grace drew me to repentance, I did not resist the Holy Spirits drawing, and now I have seen miracles in Jesus name, healing of a woman with a bad back, had God tell me things before they happen (prophecy), has salvation occur as a result of actions I have taken. God is using me from time to time now, where once I was a God hater. Now let look at these verses:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1Jn 1:7-9

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. - 1Jn 2:1-2

Note that the bible is clear, if we confess our sin, come to God saying we are sorry, and leaving that sin behind for the new life, God will forgive us. Note it says God is faithful and just. Faithfulness is remaining in good relationship, even when we move away from God. He stays, even when we leave. Justice, is what we all want, if God was not just he would just hate us and give us no chance, but because he is just no living man need fear their sins can not be forgiven, he is justifying us. Don't fear the unpardonable sin, if you confess and forsake your sin, you are 100% safe. The only thing that will kill you is not listening to that loving voice saying to change your ways, and I will bless you. God wants you blessed and whole no matter what sin you have committed.

Reactions: KisKatte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

muarader64

Oct 24, 2008
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is your mind racing? Have you seen a mental professional? I myself was hyper religious, with uncontrolled racing thoughts at one time. For example, I was once in a hospital area, with patients with various illnesses and I thought I could heal them, but then got afraid that I couldn't, then got afraid that I had little faith because I was doubting myself, to self-condemnation because I felt that I wasn't properly doing my job as a christian, over and over to the point that I had to isolate myself from people.

Are you currently on medication?

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if I have done the unforgivable sin. I sweat now constantly because I think about the eternal torture of Hell.

Hi,

try to focus on those scriptures that I wrote in the initial post. God says he is "faithful and just to forgive our sin", faithful means he sticks by us even when we sin. He also says "if we sin, we have an advocate Jesus", and advocate is one who speaks on our behalf. Also note:

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; Heb 9:27-28

Note Christ was sacrificed once, for our one whole life. Not just for one or two sins, for all sins, for our life time of sins.

There really is no reason to think you have committed an unpardonable sin. All sis is forgivable. I was once in the same situation as you thinking I had committed the unpardonable sin, and I know the terror that you are experiencing. But GOd restored me had has used me miraculously, in healing a sick woman instantly through prayer, and many other miracles, you can read about them at Know God Personally

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But why does it then say "shall not be forgiven"?

Scripture makes it clear that a person who is seeking forgiveness can have it. If we confess our sins we can be forgiven. The verse regarding the unpardonable sin was directed at people who having seen the powerful working of the Holy Spirit, refused to come to God, but rather said it was Satan. They are condemning themselves by not returning to God when he showed them himself powerfully. The only reason why that sin has no forgiveness is there is nothing more God could do to prove himself to them. God has already done everything but they still won't come to him for repentance.

Upvote 0

spr

Jul 16, 2004
✟8,538.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like these two verses:

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Ephesians 4:30 makes it clear that once a believer receives the holy spirit they are sealed by it until God's final act of redemption, and Luke 11:13 shows that God will give the Holy Spirit to those who desire it.

I believe the verses being talked about in Romans is Paul's attempt at explaining that once they cross a certain line no other believer can bring them back to repentance. They have to be dealt with directly by God. And it is a severe thing as he says that their fruits would be near receiving cursing, whose end is to be burned.

This trial by fire is also laid out in 1 Corinthians 3 where Paul tells us that when we have a foundation laid in us that is Christ, our works are tried day by day by fire. Only those who crucify Christ afresh and put him to an open shame, again, will be tried by a more severe fiery trial.

A trial reserved for a severe departure from Christ as shown in 1 Corinthians 5 where a man sleeps with his father's wife. Paul, by his authority, delivers that man to Satan for "the destruction of the flesh" so his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. A judgement similar to the fiery trail spoken of in Romans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

muarader64

Oct 24, 2008
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm on medication. But it's for hallucinations, not my mood. I am seeing some people but I don't feel like talking to them. But why does it then say "shall not be forgiven"?

I would recommend you speak with your psychiatrist about what you're experiencing, so that you may get the proper meds for your issue.

Upvote 0

def

Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2010
✟89,770.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are two types of sin, forgivable and unforgivable.
God deals with forgivable sins differently.

• Some sins lead to immediate death - lying to the Holy Spirit, Examples are: Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5: 1-10, and a man who took his father's wife (1 Corinthians 5:1-5). From 1 Corinthians 5:5 and Isaiah 57:1, it is clear, death is physical not spiritual, as the aim of punishment by death is to save the spirit for the day of the Lord. Death removes the person from committing further sins.
  • David committed adultery with Bathsheba and murdered Uriah (2 Samuel 11). David asked God for forgiveness after Nathan's rebuked him (Psalm 51). God forgave David, although he was punished for his deeds (2 Samuel 12).
  • In the case of Nineveh, God showed compassion and did not bring about destruction he had threatened. The people repented and fasted to gain God's compassion (Jonah 2). Later generations became evil again and God destroyed the city (proof text).
  • In the Old Covenant, forgiveness of sins are based on animal sacrifices.
There is one sin that God will not forgive. Matthew 12:31, "And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men." There are many interpretations of this sin, some examples:

• Attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil,
  • denying the Holy Spirit, and
  • dying in unbelief.
These interpretations do not stand up well. It will take considerable space to rebuke them. The best approach is to analyze a case of an unforgivable sin. Adam committed the unforgivable sin and since there is only one unforgivable sin, he must have committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

It is commonly taught that Adam was punished for disobedience, eating the fruit which God had forbidden him to eat. It appears Genesis 2:17 says so, "but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

Throughout the Bible, many people disobeyed God and received lesser punishment. It seems harsh that God penalty is so severe, affecting the entire humanity. Moreover, Adam and Eve were deceived by the serpent. Two questions need to be answered.

Can a God of love lay a curse on humanity?
Can a faithful God ignore the deception upon his people?
Deeper analysis shows the serpent's deception exposed Adam's covetous desire. Genesis 3:5, "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." After hearing these words, they ate the fruit. Adam seeking to be like God.

By trying to be a god, Adam committed blasphemy. John 10:33, "... but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God." Variations of this claim to be god can be found in Matthew 9:1-3, 26:64-65, Mark 14:64, Luke 5:21. The word blasphemy is also used as a derogative term, and has been used against God, a king, and sacred objects. The double usage has caused confusion. In this particular case, by claiming to be god, Adam committed blasphemy.

A deduction from Genesis 3:5 alone is not strong enough. Ezekiel 28 is God's case against the King of Tyre and leaves no doubt that it is a charge against Adam's pride.

verse 2: In the pride of your heart you say, " I am a god." [God specific charge].
verse 2: ... You are a man [angels excluded].
verse 2: ... you think you are as wise as God [Adam thought he was clever, the deception showed he was not].
verse 13: You were in Eden, the garden of God [Adam was the only man in the garden of Eden].
verse 13: ... on the day you were created [Adam was the only man created].
verse 16: So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expel you [Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden of Eden, Genesis 3:23].
verse 17: So I threw you to the earth (cannot be Satan because verse 2 says he was a man).

When Adam and Eve ate the fruit, they realized they were naked. Their new found knowledge must have revealed this to them. They tried to hide from God because to be naked before God is death (Job 26:6). Adam did appear naked before God. He did not die physically on that day (Genesis 5:3-5), but he died spiritually. The Spirit gives life (1 Peter 3:18, 2 Corinthians 3:6, Galatians 6:8, 1 John 5:12, John 6:63), and the Holy Spirit can be taken away (Psalm 51:11). The Holy Spirit departed, Adam died.

Adam committed blasphemy, but why is it a blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? The reasons are given in the story of Jesus healing a demon-possessed man (Matthew 12:22-332).

The Holy Spirit was given to Adam and Eve when they were created. The Holy Spirit gave Adam abilities to accomplish various tasks in order to fulfil the will of God (deduce from Job 33:4, Exodus 28:3, Exodus 31:2-3, Numbers 11:16-17, Judges 3:10). If he continues with Adam and make Adam out as god, the Holy Spirit will be working against the Father and the Son (God against God). "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined..." (Matthew 12:25). Adam's pride of blasphemy denies the authority of God, and will lead him to act independently of God. "He who is not with me is against me..." (Matthew 12:30).
Adam had a relationship with God and lost it . Some prophesied in his name, healed in his name, and cast out demons in his name. The Holy Spirit gave them spiritual gifts to perform those deeds. Yet, Jesus said to them, "I never knew you." They blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Modern day blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
1. Received the gifts of the Spirit, heal the sick and claim power and glory for himself, making himself out as god.
2. Claim to be the return of Jesus.

The story of Adam leaves one puzzle. Adam was free to eat from the tree of life. He did not take it. Bible appears to be silence on this matter. So we must ponder.

Perhaps, he did not believe God will let him die, God did. Man can be presumptuous with God; even after God declare his intentions up front.

Perhaps, he thought he could take from the tree of life at any time, but God barred him after his fall. Man is never in control, God is.

Perhaps, he did not take God seriously. Man may not be serious with God, but God is serious with man.

Perhaps, he was trying to be clever. Man thinks he is clever until God shows him, he is not.

Perhaps, he did not know which one was the tree of life. If he is not sure, why didn't he ask God?

The tree of life was presented to Adam. The bread of life is now presented to us. Why then are some people not taking it? And now we see why we need to ponder. The same reasons we used for Adam, are the same excuses one would hear for not taking the bread of life.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi in order to understand what sin is forgivable we need to look to scripture. And everywhere where sin is mentioned in the Net Testament it is forgivable, the only place where sin is said to not be forgivable is if it is taken to the grave. Take the following scripture.

1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

So if someone sins, we are to pray for them to be restored. The only case they are not to pray is if the person has died in their sin. This mirrors the old testament, where it says:

Eze 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Note he must &#8220;die in them&#8221;. The verses after this one are clear that God is forgiving, you can still turn from your sin while you are alive.

Eze 18:31-32 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Then look again to the simple scriptures:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

It does not say we can only confess certain sins, and not others. It says we WILL be forgiven if we confess our sin. An then:

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Again if we sin we have an advocate (one who speaks on our behalf), we can be forgiven. The only sin which is not forgivable is the kind that leads to death. If you die in your sin you will not be forgiven. But if you are alive you can be forgiven.

Upvote 0

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On of the main problems for people who have issues trying to get free of demons is the condemnation that they have comitted an unpardonable sin, that God will not forgive you. The case is that God will forgive any sin, and I have cut and pasted the case for this from my website.

From time to time a person may think that they have committed a sin that is unpardonable, but is it actually scriptural. First I will the most common reason people feel they have committed it, and show that really there is no basis for this for a person who desires repentance.

So what are the scary verses? Hebrew 6 is the most feared.

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. - Heb 6:4-6

So that sounds quite scary to a genuine Christian who may have fallen into a sin, or gone back to an old sin. They may well think I have fallen away, I have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and it is as Hebrews says now “Impossible”, to be “bought back to repentance”. However the actual problem with this thinking comes from the idea that the verse is actually meaning that they are currently “crucifying the Son of God all over again”. This thinking would mean that in order for the person to have out sinned God, Jesus sacrifice is no longer there. But how far does it stretch? Only one sin, two sins, no sins, only sins before receiving the Holy Spirit? The latter is often peoples fear, i.e. “I have once been enlightened”, now they feel cut off. But we will actually start with Hebrews to show that the idea that Jesus sacrifice is limited to a few sins or one almighty sin is flawed. Note the following verse:

So what did that just say, man dies once, so in like manner Jesus dies once. So from my rendering that is a life for a life, one life time of sins for one sacrifice. We don’t face judgment until after we die.

But is this scriptural how forgivable is sin, and once we receive the Holy Spirit are we a super being incapable of sinning? First we must go to a verse directed to those who HAD received the Holy Spirit and it says:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1Jn 1:7-9

So firstly he said “if we claim to be with out sin”, or the devil tells you were 100% with out sin, and have now stuffed up, we should quote that verse, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us” but what else does it say God is “is faithful and just and will forgive”. And furthermore what of the verse below:

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. - 1Jn 2:1-2

But if anyone does sin, we have one who speaks in our defence, so Jesus is actually defending you. Remember what Jesus said to his disciples when they asked how many times their brother could sin and still be forgiven.

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times”. As we know meaning infinitely. Mat 18:21-22

And what about the book of James:
My brothers, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring him back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins. - Jas 5:19-20

Also the bible says in Ezekiel

Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! - Eze 18:31-32

What God, does not delight in the death of anyone, so he is not delighting in sinners perishing.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. - 2Pe 3:9

So if we confess our sin, it is pardonable, why well the sacrifice of Jesus is available today. Why well God is “faithful and just”, “not willing that anyone perish”, taking “no pleasure in the death of anyone”. But remember it is a life for a life, once for all sin, in the same way it is appointed for man to die once and face the judgment. But hey don’t be scared if you are alive and reading this there is no problem. The only sin that will kill you is totally unrepentant sin, not willing to come back for forgiveness no matter what God says, and if you have that sort you are probably not even interested in reading this page. God is not unjust, he is faithful

Hello,

A lot of people in the Recovery Forums particularly folks with OCD, Anxiety Disorders and Schizophrenia become concerned that they have committed blasphemy of the Holy Spirit because they have thought negative things about God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit and are therefore going to hell.

Today, this sin only involves those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as Lord. That is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. However, if one has accepted Christ as their Savior and are trying to walk with Him, trying to deepen their personal relationship with Him, then they have not committed this sin.

Here is a nice explanation of Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (the unpardonable sin) expanding on what I have said above. If anyone has questions please pm me, start a thread in our anonymous Ask a Chaplain forum or bring them up in this thread. Here is the link: What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

God bless everyone.

Faithfully,

:groupray:

Upvote 0