Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is there a Scripture that says there's a life review when or as we're passing? Sometimes it happens in NDEs.

Revelation 20:12 KJV
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is there a Scripture that says there's a life review when or as we're passing? Sometimes it happens in NDEs.

Daniel 7:10
A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There's a scripture that says all the books were opened up before the judgment. If you take what Paul said about the secrets of men's hearts being exposed to speak of the same event, perhaps it is written in the scripture.

It will probably proceed more like the sequence in Genesis where God just asks questions, and people just try to justify themselves.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thought about the Rev 20 verse but guess I thought that was later.

Revelation 22:12
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

this verses says no rewards are given to anyone till Jesus comes.

Daniel 7:10
A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

there is a judgement of every person that has ever lived on this planet prior to the second coming of Jesus who brings our reward with him either for eternal life of eterenal damnation, that is why there is two resurrections seperated by the 1000 years of satan being chained .

1. Revelation 20:5
    But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

2. Revelation 20:6
    Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,090.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are a number of verses which indicate that judgement takes place immediately after death. Hebrews 9:27 is quite blunt.

Hebrews 9:27 ESV "
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment".

It won't be a question and answer session. God won't need to ask questions - He knows us as we are, sees all our actions, hears all our words and reads all our thoughts, so He's not going to need an explanation. He already knows.

I think we will see our life played out before us. I'm quite sure of this due to an episode on the night my father died.

We will also know there is no hope of appeal. The truth will be quite clear, and we will know to the core of our being the decision is just.

There's a Catholic take on what is called the "particular" (immediate and personal) judgment and the "final" (corporate and public) judgment at the end of time.

Why Are There Two Judgments?

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums