Is there a need to pray for the same request over and over?

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have this prayer request that I have prayed to God. I feel there is no need to pray for it over and over because God knows what it is! Is this wise thinking?
God knows what you need even before you pray for it.
Asking for something in the name of Jesus Christ certainly won't hurt though.
Remember, however, that His answer may be a a NO.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have this prayer request that I have prayed to God. I feel there is no need to pray for it over and over because God knows what it is! Is this wise thinking?
I think God still likes to hear what you think out loud. Like any relationship

Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Luke 18:1-7
18 And he told them a parable, to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 2 He said, “In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor regarded man; 3 and there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Vindicate me against my adversary.’ 4 For a while he refused; but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow bothers me, I will vindicate her, or she will wear me out by her continual coming.’” 6 And the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says. 7 And will not God vindicate his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 15:21-28

Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟238,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking of the Luke 18 reference too. But anyway...The reason why we usually need to keep bringing things before Him is not because He needs the reminder but because of our benefit and to not let those requests drift away from our hearts.

• Agree
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This parable comes to mind.

The Parable of the friend at night (or of the Importunate Neighbour) is a parable of Jesus which appears in Luke 11:5-8. In it, a friend eventually agrees to help his neighbor due to his persistent demands rather than because they are friends, despite the late hour and the inconvenience of it.

This parable demonstrates the need to pray without giving up. It is similar to the Parable of the Unjust Judge and is depicted by several artists, including William Holman Hunt.

Also personally I have a request that I have prayed for quite some decades. To no avail. But when I think of Hannah and how she cried out in the temple for a child, it encourages me to keep praying and pressing into Jesus.

• Prayers
Reactions: Phil W
Upvote 0