Is there a logical reason God allowed Satan to have authority?

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Satan has authority because he is going to fight to keep disorder/sin from getting back into heaven. His pride wants every person possible.

Whatever authority God has given Satan would be a contingent fact, so logic (strictly speaking) doesn't enter the picture.

Nonetheless, your claim is interesting. Are you saying that Satan has been given authority to do good by keeping disorder/sin from corrupting heaven? Or, perhaps this is the good for which God uses Satan, and Satan unwittingly achieves this good?

Upvote 0

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
Sarver
✟5,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whatever authority God has given Satan would be a contingent fact, so logic (strictly speaking) doesn't enter the picture.

Nonetheless, your claim is interesting. Are you saying that Satan has been given authority to do good by keeping disorder/sin from corrupting heaven? Or, perhaps this is the good for which God uses Satan, and Satan unwittingly achieves this good?

Yes, basically, Satan is the doorman without knowing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Of course Jesus has top authority of everything ..but you don't get to pretend Satan doesn't have authority right now until he is dethroned.
Not my experience.
He may be on some kind of throne, but I don't have to serve him.
Kingdom of heaven has authority.
James 4:7. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are two pieces of media that more or less have the same plot: A novel titled, Making History, by Stephen Fry and a video game titled, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, by Westwood Studios.

In Making History, a time traveler goes back in time to sterilize Hitler's father by putting a drug into a well Alois Hitler drank from. This prevents Hitler's conception and the time traveler believed he made the world a better place by preventing hard times. When he goes back to his own time, however, the Nazis ended up winning World War II, inventing the atomic bomb first, and is now in a Cold War with the USA. Why? Someone even worse and much more capable than Hitler took power and succeeded where Hitler had failed.

In C&C: Red Alert, Albert Einstein also time travels to the day Hitler is released from prison. Einstein shakes Hitler's hand to literally erase Hitler from history. He did this thinking it will make the world a better place by preventing hard times. Instead, World War II still happened with Joseph Stalin leading a Soviet invasion of Europe instead. Adolf Hitler was the only man strong enough to keep Stalin's power in check. Even after the USSR's defeat in that war, more and even deadlier wars eventually came in the sequels, dwarfing the actual Cold War.

In both scenarios, Adolf Hitler was "taken out of authority" in order to make the world a better place, or so the time travelers believed. It did not. If anything, things only got worse because of unforeseen consequences. If Satan was never allowed to rebel in the first place, who is to say that it would not have caused TWO THIRDS of the angels to revolt, maybe even ALL of them, causing MUCH MORE drama than God was willing to allow to happen?

I openly admit, I CANNOT understand God's thought process. I am a flawed, limited human being trying to figure out an omniscient deity's master plan. It simply cannot be done. This is where faith comes in knowing that God is in control and knows what He is doing. If I have a serious illness, it would be incredibly foolish of me to challenge my family doctor on anything because I read something on WebMD[dot]com.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are two pieces of media that more or less have the same plot: A novel titled, Making History, by Stephen Fry and a video game titled, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, by Westwood Studios.

In Making History, a time traveler goes back in time to sterilize Hitler's father by putting a drug into a well Alois Hitler drank from. This prevents Hitler's conception and the time traveler believed he made the world a better place by preventing hard times. When he goes back to his own time, however, the Nazis ended up winning World War II, inventing the atomic bomb first, and is now in a Cold War with the USA. Why? Someone even worse and much more capable than Hitler took power and succeeded where Hitler had failed.

In C&C: Red Alert, Albert Einstein also time travels to the day Hitler is released from prison. Einstein shakes Hitler's hand to literally erase Hitler from history. He did this thinking it will make the world a better place by preventing hard times. Instead, World War II still happened with Joseph Stalin leading a Soviet invasion of Europe instead. Adolf Hitler was the only man strong enough to keep Stalin's power in check. Even after the USSR's defeat in that war, more and even deadlier wars eventually came in the sequels, dwarfing the actual Cold War.

In both scenarios, Adolf Hitler was "taken out of authority" in order to make the world a better place, or so the time travelers believed. It did not. If anything, things only got worse because of unforeseen consequences. If Satan was never allowed to rebel in the first place, who is to say that it would not have caused TWO THIRDS of the angels to revolt, maybe even ALL of them, causing MUCH MORE drama than God was willing to allow to happen?

I openly admit, I CANNOT understand God's thought process. I am a flawed, limited human being trying to figure out an omniscient deity's master plan. It simply cannot be done. This is where faith comes in knowing that God is in control and knows what He is doing. If I have a serious illness, it would be incredibly foolish of me to challenge my family doctor on anything because I read something on WebMD[dot]com.

Both of those represent the main premise of Leibniz's Theodicy where he argues that this is the best of all possible worlds. Change one thing, and it all goes south.

Upvote 0

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
Sarver
✟5,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do not fully understand what was accomplished on the cross.

Jesus died to more than forgive us, he wants us to be able to be one with God when this is over. Satan still has authority until tribulation.

Reactions: Religiot
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Both of those represent the main premise of Leibniz's Theodicy where he argues that this is the best of all possible worlds. Change one thing, and it all goes south.

While I have heard references to Theodicy, I never actually sat down to read or even research that.

Truly nothing new under the sun. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I appreciate it. God bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
Sarver
✟5,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you understand that we are in a reality of the fallen? Satan can whisper in Hitler's ear in his own inner voice. We know Satan is a thing and can tell him to buzz off ..but imagine what he is able to do to people that just consider it their own thoughts?

Upvote 0