Is there a Kundalini spirit in the charismatic church?

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read his article. Derek Prince said that there was mixture and normally they 'd do that away in revivals, but I think you must watch out to call anything Kundalini, not that I don't believe that the devil also does things, but the Toronto blessing was from God and brought me closer to Him. There is weird stuff too, one service I went to no mention of Jesus, lalalalala was all they sang and he prayed for wrinkles and to go back in time. That wasn't good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I read his article. Derek Prince said that there was mixture and normally they 'd do that away in revivals, but I think you must watch out to call anything Kundalini, not that I don't believe that the devil also does things, but the Toronto blessing was from God and brought me closer to Him. There is weird stuff too, one service I went to no mentor of Jesus, lalalalala was all they sang and he prayed for wrinkles and to go back in time. That wasn't good.

It has always been a feature of revivals that things have happened that have stretched the boundaries and that unusual manifestations have occurred. When people are in the midst of a revival they can get so caught up with the emotional side that they lose track of what the Bible actually teaches and all sorts of thoughts and ideas emerge. These can be Biblical, extra-Biblical, non-Biblical or even anti-Biblical. This is why a revival has to have a strong leadership to be able contain the excesses and yet keep the situation in revival.

Jesus has to always be glorified, the Scriptures have to be the foundation, and the purpose of the revival clearly defined, which is to win souls for Christ. When out-of-control people start to take over the revival, it self destructs. This has happened to most revivals that have happened over the years. There are a lot of extra-Biblical things happening in our churches and they are not necessarily wrong. We see healing evangelists having mass meetings, and this is extra-Biblical because there is no mention of mass meetings in the book of Acts. Yet, in those mass meetings, taken by William Branham,
George Coe, AA Allen, Oral Roberts and others, there have been many genuine healings and miracles that only God could have done. Even the fact that we meet in churches instead of private homes is extra-Biblical, but souls have still been saved in them. There are non-Biblical things done in our churches as well, but God honours them and I think that it is by His grace that He does that.

The Bible does not specify a lot of things about the running of our churches, where services are to be held, or what should go on as part of the order of service. I think that He allows us to use our initiative in these matters, as long as we don't prescribe them for everyone. Some churches demand that every Christian should do things their way, and I think that is wrong, and it is no surprise that God does not honour them.

Although our discernment about the goings on in churches should be based on the Scriptures, we don't get bogged down in the pedantic wording of it, but when something unusual happens, is it consistent with the principles, the aims, purposes and plans of God as outlined in Scripture and does it point to Christ and glorify Him?

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

I used to read quite a bit of A.Strom's writings. I believe he is a heresy hunter and for many reasons, he attacks whatever move of God he disagrees with. The devil does not need to attack the church, he uses people like Strom to do it for him.
What ever his intentions, the outcome is always "they are wrong and his way is right".

I read about the Kundallini spirit and it appears Strom has superimposed his own imaginations over the charismatic movement. He claims to be charismatic but I see nor feel any love from this man. Only condemnation and ridicule.

God bless, andrea

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

I read his article. Derek Prince said that there was mixture and normally they 'd do that away in revivals, but I think you must watch out to call anything Kundalini, not that I don't believe that the devil also does things, but the Toronto blessing was from God and brought me closer to Him. There is weird stuff too, one service I went to no mentor of Jesus, lalalalala was all they sang and he prayed for wrinkles and to go back in time. That wasn't good.

I always love the mature way Derek Prince addresses problems within the church. You know he truly loved the Lord and the church. His grasp of the scriptures was impressive and I still listen and read many of his sermons.

God bless, andrea

Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I used to read quite a bit of A.Strom's writings. I believe he is a heresy hunter and for many reasons, he attacks whatever move of God he disagrees with. The devil does not need to attack the church, he uses people like Strom to do it for him.
What ever his intentions, the outcome is always "they are wrong and his way is right".

I read about the Kundallini spirit and it appears Strom has superimposed his own imaginations over the charismatic movement. He claims to be charismatic but I see nor feel any love from this man. Only condemnation and ridicule.

God bless, andrea

Yes. Most times the devil doesn't have to bark when he has a "dog" to bark for him. This is the way the devil influences - by using people to bring division and negativity to the Church. What we need to remember is that the devil is the accuser of the brethren, so whenever we see any person bring accusations against any branch of the body of Christ, we can be confident that he is not being guided or motivated by the Holy Spirit.

There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ. Therefore any person who brings condemnation is not a representative of Christ.

I have disagreement about the way the Charismatic movement does things at times, and I am not backward in stating them, but they are my issues and I suggest ways in which people can develop faith in Christ. But at the same time, the vast majority of Charismatic and Pentecostal folks love Jesus and want to serve Him in the best way they can.

But to set up a website for the purpose of slagging off the Charismatic movement is something else. He is trying to tear down people's faith in Charismatic principles and practices, but has nothing to suggest how things can be improved. I think he can be safely ignored.

I think that this Kundallini spirit is just a figment of the imagination. It's all smoke and mirrors. It's a deception to get people distracted from the simplicity that is in Christ and the Gospel. Born again Christians are totally free from any of the devil's influences because they have been totally removed from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of God. The devil uses bluff, smoke and mirrors to deceive people who don't know where they stand in Christ, The best way to deal with the devil is to assertively state: "I am a child of God and the devil cannot come anywhere near me!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a Kundalini spirit in the charismatic church?

is a bit like asking ..is there a spirit of anti Christ in the world ..

its a battle ground, there are always infiltrators .

i saw a doco recently about the battle of the bulge -they were saying in such a close quarter situation the Germans dressed as allied troupes and caused confusion and then "fear" causing allied troupes to be over cautious and suspicious of one another and thereby undermining the over all moral ..

such topics no matter how well intended ,often risk perpetuating such fear.
folks who so very much need the holy Spirit become wary of anything to do with any manifestations and fear is linked to unbelief and unbelief bars the way in to the promises .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting conversation. I know that in 'new age' a lot of people seek to have the kundalini experience as well as in many religions. It is interesting the parallel's in behavior though. People urinating like dogs and other very odd behavior. None of that was ever mentioned in the Word.

i have been in many meetings over the past 30 years with many manifestations of the holy Spirit effecting folks in varying ways
and have yet to see any one doing any such thing ..or even barking like a dog .
much of these reports is "Chinese whispers"

i have seem a girl twisting around (while standing ) her eyes were closed and her fists were clenched and her body twisted to and fro back and forth ..very very animated ..extreme to look at ...

i asked her after the meeting..what was going on at that time ..
she said - the lord was asking her to forgive her abusive father and she was "wrestling against the lord because she did not want to forgive "

outer bodily action has so little to do with what is gong on in a persons heart .
if we are not sure about a manifestation. ask the person ,if it is of the lord they ALWAYS have a testimony to share ,of god dealing with something or revealing something or interceding for something etc .

if it is not of the lord they are ..sort of like .."ouh i don't know it was just wonderful ."..they wont speak about the lord Jesus with any great love or awe ..just sort of vague .because they were being caught up in emotions (perhaps just carnal good feelings ) -well that's what iv observed so far .. but i cant make any final call on it of course lol ...

its just that when ever its of the lord ..they always testify of him and are so willing to do so
if it was

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God bless, andrea

In the intro he says he is not a heresy hunter.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,407.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the intro he says he is not a heresy hunter.
Oh, well then he can't possibly be one. I can claim from now until the Lord comes back that I am not a white male, but that would just make me a lying white male. Nobody wants to be called a heresy hunter, since they are just lying gossips trying to spiritualize their sin, but if one is willing to lie about Christians why not lie about lying?

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, well then he can't possibly be one. I can claim from now until the Lord comes back that I am not a white male, but that would just make me a lying white male. Nobody wants to be called a heresy hunter, since they are just lying gossips trying to spiritualize their sin, but if one is willing to lie about Christians why not lie about lying?

For someone like MacArthur I'd agree but not Strom as someone who is Charismatic. We need more people in the movement to rise up and reject heresy, hold to that which is biblical and use discernment. In part the reason we have things like the strange fire conference happening is because not enough charismatics are willing to correct the unbiblical and ungodly things that have happened in the name of the Holy Spirit. So many don't want to hear it and bury their head in the sand like an ostrich.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

One thing that's happened in the last 10 or 15 years is the internet. People take video of everything and post it to FB and Youtube. People talk about there experiences in blogs and in the comments they make on blogs. Things come to the surface and they see on video.

Not that I am saying technology or the iinternet is better or worse, but things are different now.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

:wave: wait ...dont be so harsh on yourself .. maybe it just makes you a blind white male and someone told you otherwise ....^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems to me, like in the story in Acts 8, the gospel goes to Samaria with great power, then the false prophet Simon Sorcerer emerges.

Wherever God is at work the attack will come in some shape or form.

Sometimes when the spirit is moving odd things come in to try and undermine it.

So this kunla spirit, maybe there is such a thing, sent to undermine. But we should not be obsessed with it IMO, just be aware.

God Bless All:)

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,407.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:wave: wait ...dont be so harsh on yourself .. maybe it just makes you a blind white male and someone told you otherwise ....^_^^_^^_^
I'm not even sure if you realize just how good what you said really is. Someone with a log in his eye would be pretty blind. No wonder I think I'm a white male.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,407.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For someone like MacArthur I'd agree but not Strom as someone who is Charismatic. We need more people in the movement to rise up and reject heresy, hold to that which is biblical and use discernment. In part the reason we have things like the strange fire conference happening is because not enough charismatics are willing to correct the unbiblical and ungodly things that have happened in the name of the Holy Spirit. So many don't want to hear it and bury their head in the sand like an ostrich.
So because strom claims to be a charismatic, (but not a heresy hunter), it's okay when he hunts heritics and tears down Charisma using the same guilt by association tactics as carm and mcarthur, and since mcarthur is, well, mcarthur it's not okay. I would go the other way. At least mcarthur pulls his knife to our collective face.

Sorry, I'd rather be found guilty of trusting God too much than not enough when I see Him face to face, not that I'm in any danger of trusting Him too much just yet. I want to be to the place that I'm willing to look foolish to the world if it will help clear the dim glass.

Upvote 0