Is there a gap between 1 Corinthians 15:23 and verse 24?

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know the verse in Peter. It reminds me of Hosea 6:1-2. Here the Jews are scattered for 2 thousand years/2 days, and then with Christ for 1000 years/1 day.

Come, and let us return to the Lord;
For He has torn, but He will heal us;
He has stricken, but He will bind us up.
2 After two days He will revive us;
On the third day He will raise us up,
That we may live in His sight.

There are some who interpret verse 2, On the third day He will raise us up, to be meaning Christ's resurrection. But if we compare to the following passage though---

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

According to this text, on the third day He is still in the heart of the earth. Obviously that means in Hosea 6:1-2 that the days in those verses can't be meaning literal 24 hour days. The only way to explain them then, they are meaning 1000 year days.

Upvote 0

Davy

Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan Will burn from within?

When the concept of death?

Have you never read about Satan when he first rebelled back in the OT prophets?

Have you never read Hebrews that death was assigned to Satan?

Have you never read the end of Revelation when there is no more death?

How is it you don't understand that the concept of death, in any form, was caused by Satan's original rebellion in wanting to be God, and the he and his angels were the first ones to be judged and sentenced to death already?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some who interpret verse 2, On the third day He will raise us up, to be meaning Christ's resurrection. But if we compare to the following passage though---

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

According to this text, on the third day He is still in the heart of the earth. Obviously that means in Hosea 6:1-2 that the days in those verses can't be meaning literal 24 hour days. The only way to explain them then, they are meaning 1000 year days.
They don't mean literal 24 hour days?

But they mean literal 1000 year days?

That's like the left foot don't know where the right foot is?

This and your "Three Groups" in Matthew 25:31-46, what's next?

Jonah was in a physical human body, in the whale for "Three Literal Days" if you believe Gods word. Matthew 12:40

Jesus was in the grave for "Three Literal Days" also Matthew 27:63

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't mean literal 24 hour days?

But they mean literal 1000 year days?

That's like the left foot don't know where the right foot is?

This and your "Three Groups" in Matthew 25:31-46, what's next?

Jonah was in a physical human body, in the whale for "Three Literal Days" if you believe Gods word.

Jesus was in the grave for "Three Literal Days"

You missed my point then. I indicated that some interpret Hosea 6:2---in the third day he will raise us up---to be meaning Christ's resurrection. But according to the passage from the NT that I supplied, Christ didn't resurrect in the third day, He was still in the heart of the earth in the third day, thus Hosea 6:2---in the third day he will raise us up---Christ's resurrection can't be meant. That tells us that these 3 days in Hosea 6:2 can't be taken in the literal sense. No one is claiming, and certainly not me, that Christ's death and resurrection didn't involve literal days. Of course it did.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, Hosea is 1000 years for each day.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You missed my point then. I indicated that some interpret Hosea 6:2---in the third day he will raise us up---to be meaning Christ's resurrection. But according to the passage from the NT that I supplied, Christ didn't resurrect in the third day, He was still in the heart of the earth in the third day, thus Hosea 6:2---in the third day he will raise us up---Christ's resurrection can't be meant. That tells us that these 3 days in Hosea 6:2 can't be taken in the literal sense. No one is claiming, and certainly not me, that Christ's death and resurrection didn't involve literal days. Of course it did.
Why would it not mean on the third day ?
Jon20
The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Mark16
2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Matt 2811
In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

It was on Sunday morning when Mary found Jesus tomb was empty
So we know when Jesus was put into the tomb and we know when Mary found that the tomb was empty on the third day as Jesus had risen from the grave

The time that passed in between was not a full 3 days , and scripture does not say it would be a full 72 hours before Jesus would raise from the grave , reference to Jonah was for that those Jesus was speaking to would understand that it would be around the same length of time.
Jesus rose from the grave on the third day , it was not to mean he would wait 72 hours then return , just that sometime on the third day He would rise , and on Sunday Morning it was found that Jesus was not in the tomb and that same Sunday Morning Jesus appeared to Mary and told her it was He Jesus and said to tell the brethren and meet with him in Galilee and Jesus did meet with them on that same Sunday evening

So yes it was on the third day that Jesus rose from the grave and yes there will be a time period of 1000 years of Jesus Kingdom on earth when Jesus returns

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and yes there will be a time period of 1000 years of Jesus Kingdom on earth when Jesus returns

2 Timothy 4:1

(CJB) I solemnly charge you before God and the Messiah Yeshua, who will judge the living and the dead when he appears and establishes his Kingdom:

(ESV) I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:

(Geneva) I charge thee therefore before God, and before the Lorde Iesus Christ, which shall iudge the quicke and dead at that his appearing, and in his kingdome,

(GW) I solemnly call on you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who is going to judge those who are living and those who are dead. I do this because Christ Jesus will come to rule the world.

(LITV-TSP) Then I solemnly witness before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, He being about to judge living and dead at His appearance and His kingdom:

(KJV) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

(KJV+) IG1473 chargeG1263 thee thereforeG3767 beforeG1799 God,G2316 andG2532 theG3588 LordG2962 JesusG2424 Christ,G5547 who shallG3195 judgeG2919 the quickG2198 andG2532 the deadG3498 atG2596 hisG848 appearingG2015 andG2532 hisG848 kingdom;G932

(NKJV) I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

(YLT) I do fully testify, then, before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is about to judge living and dead at his manifestation and his reign—

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rev 20
(NIV)4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

(TLB)4 Then I saw thrones, and sitting on them were those who had been given the right to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony about Jesus, for proclaiming the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the Creature or his statue, nor accepted his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They had come to life again and now they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
5 This is the First Resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.)

(ESV)4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

(Geneva)4 And I saw seats: and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them, and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which did not worship the beast, neither his image, neither had taken his mark upon their foreheads or on their hands: and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead men shall not live again, until the thousand years be finished: this is the first resurrection.

(GW)4 I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were allowed to judge. Then I saw the souls of those whose heads had been cut off because of their testimony about Jesus and because of God’s word. They had not worshiped the beast or its statue and were not branded on their foreheads or hands. They lived and ruled with Christ for 1,000 years. 5 The rest of the dead did not live until the 1,000 years ended. This is the first time that people come back to life.

(KJV)4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

(AKJV)4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

(NKJV)4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

(ESVSU)4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

(CEB)4 Then I saw thrones, and people took their seats on them, and judgment was given in their favor. They were the ones who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and God’s word, and those who hadn’t worshipped the beast or its image, who hadn’t received the mark on their forehead or hand. They came to life and ruled with Christ for one thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead didn’t come to life until the thousand years were over. This is the first resurrection.

(ISV)4 Then I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. They came back to life and ruled with the Messiah for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were over. This is the first resurrection.

(MEV)4 I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and the authority to judge was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness of Jesus and for the word of God. They had not worshipped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

(NET)4 Then I saw thrones and seated on them were those who had been given authority to judge. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of the testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. These had not worshiped the beast or his image and had refused to receive his mark on their forehead or hand. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were finished.) This is the first resurrection.

(NIRV)4 I saw thrones. Those who had been given authority to judge were sitting on them. I also saw the souls of those whose heads had been cut off. They had been killed because they had spoken what was true about Jesus. They had also been killed because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its statue. They had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. They came to life and ruled with Christ for 1,000 years. 5 This is the first resurrection. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.

(OJB)4 And I saw kise’ot (thrones) and they sat on them and authority for mishpat (judgment) was given to them, and I saw the nefashot (souls) of the ones having been beheaded because of their edut (testimony) for Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach and because of the dvar Hashem and for those who did not worship the Chayyah [Beast, Anti-Moshiach] nor its Atzav and did not receive the tav (mark) on the metsakh (forehead) and on their yad (hand), and they awakened to Chayyim (Life) and reigned with Moshiach for elef shanim (a thousand years). [DANIEL 7:9]
5 And the rest of the Mesim did not awaken to Chayyim (Life) until the elef shanim should be completed. This is the Techiyah HaRishonah (First Resurrection).

(YLT)4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;
5 and the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years may be finished; this [is] the first rising again.

(WYC)4 And I saw seats, and they sat on them, and doom was given to them. And the souls of men beheaded for the witnessing of Jesus, and for the word of God, and them that worshipped not the beast, neither the image of it, neither took the character of it in their foreheads, neither in their hands [or in their hands]. And they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 And others of dead men lived not [The others of dead lived not], till a thousand years were ended. This is the first again-rising.

(RSV)4 And I saw seats, and they sat on them, and doom was given to them. And the souls of men beheaded for the witnessing of Jesus, and for the word of God, and them that worshipped not the beast, neither the image of it, neither took the character of it in their foreheads, neither in their hands [or in their hands]. And they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 And others of dead men lived not [The others of dead lived not], till a thousand years were ended. This is the first again-rising.

And there are even more ALL saying that the martyred people Came to Life and reigned with Jesus for 1000 years , After Jesus returns there will be 1000 years pass before the final judgment no matter how you translate it :)

2 Timothy 4:1

(CJB) I solemnly charge you before God and the Messiah Yeshua, who will judge the living and the dead when he appears and establishes his Kingdom:

(ESV) I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:

(Geneva) I charge thee therefore before God, and before the Lorde Iesus Christ, which shall iudge the quicke and dead at that his appearing, and in his kingdome,

(GW) I solemnly call on you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who is going to judge those who are living and those who are dead. I do this because Christ Jesus will come to rule the world.

(LITV-TSP) Then I solemnly witness before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, He being about to judge living and dead at His appearance and His kingdom:

(KJV) I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

(KJV+) IG1473 chargeG1263 thee thereforeG3767 beforeG1799 God,G2316 andG2532 theG3588 LordG2962 JesusG2424 Christ,G5547 who shallG3195 judgeG2919 the quickG2198 andG2532 the deadG3498 atG2596 hisG848 appearingG2015 andG2532 hisG848 kingdom;G932

(NKJV) I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

(YLT) I do fully testify, then, before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is about to judge living and dead at his manifestation and his reign—

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there are even more ALL saying that the martyred people Came to Life and reigned with Jesus for 1000 years , After Jesus returns there will be 1000 years pass before the final judgment no matter how you translate it

John 5:24

(CJB) Yes, indeed! I tell you that whoever hears what I am saying and trusts the One who sent me has eternal life -- that is, he will not come up for judgment but has already crossed over from death to life!

(ESV) Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

(Geneva) Verely, verely I say vnto you, he that heareth my worde, and beleeueth him that sent me, hath euerlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but hath passed from death vnto life.

(GW) I can guarantee this truth: Those who listen to what I say and believe in the one who sent me will have eternal life. They won't be judged because they have already passed from death to life.

(LITV-TSP) Truly, truly, I say to you, the one who hears My word, and believes the One who has sent Me, has everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

(KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

(KJV+) Verily,G281 verily,G281 I sayG3004 unto you,G5213 (G3754) He that hearethG191 myG3450 word,G3056 andG2532 believethG4100 on him that sentG3992 me,G3165 hathG2192 everlastingG166 life,G2222 andG2532 shall notG3756 comeG2064 intoG1519 condemnation;G2920 butG235 is passedG3327 fromG1537 deathG2288 untoG1519 life.G2222

(NKJV) "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John saw "souls" with Christ in heaven.

If a person passed from being dead to being alive what would you call it?

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is called coming back to life :)
In John 5 notice it is Jesus making reference that people who have accepted Him as savoir , have a guaranteed place with Him in eternity and all events with Jesus - a life-season ticket to all the coming events in the best reserved seats ;)

(KJV)4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Matt 27
(RSV)51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom; and the earth shook, and the rocks were split; 52 the tombs also were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

(NLV)51 At once the curtain in the house of God was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks fell apart. 52 Graves were opened. Bodies of many of God’s people who were dead were raised. 53 After Jesus was raised from the grave, these arose from their graves and went into Jerusalem, the Holy City. These were seen by many people.

(NKJV)51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, 52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

(MEV)51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from the top to the bottom. And the ground shook, and the rocks split apart. 52 The graves also were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had died were raised, 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the Holy City and appeared to many.

(ASV) 51 And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake; and the rocks were rent; 52 and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints that had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming forth out of the tombs after his resurrection they entered into the holy city and appeared unto many.

(Geneva)51 [ac]And behold, the [ad]veil of the Temple was rent in twain, from the top to the bottom, and the earth did quake, and the stones were cloven. 52 And the [ae]graves did open themselves, and many bodies of the Saints, which slept, arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

(ESV)51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Acts 7:14

Then sent Joseph, and called his father Jacob to him, and all his kindred, threescore and fifteen souls.

1 Peter 3:20

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Genesis 12:5

And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.

Gen 2KJV)
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Ps 62 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation

Ps 19:7 7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Matthew 10
8 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

John saw "souls" with Christ in heaven.

If a person passed from being dead to being alive what would you call it?

John 5:24

(CJB) Yes, indeed! I tell you that whoever hears what I am saying and trusts the One who sent me has eternal life -- that is, he will not come up for judgment but has already crossed over from death to life!

(ESV) Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

(Geneva) Verely, verely I say vnto you, he that heareth my worde, and beleeueth him that sent me, hath euerlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but hath passed from death vnto life.

(GW) I can guarantee this truth: Those who listen to what I say and believe in the one who sent me will have eternal life. They won't be judged because they have already passed from death to life.

(LITV-TSP) Truly, truly, I say to you, the one who hears My word, and believes the One who has sent Me, has everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

(KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

(KJV+) Verily,G281 verily,G281 I sayG3004 unto you,G5213 (G3754) He that hearethG191 myG3450 word,G3056 andG2532 believethG4100 on him that sentG3992 me,G3165 hathG2192 everlastingG166 life,G2222 andG2532 shall notG3756 comeG2064 intoG1519 condemnation;G2920 butG235 is passedG3327 fromG1537 deathG2288 untoG1519 life.G2222

(NKJV) "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jon20
The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

Mark16
2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Matt 2811
In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

So we know when Jesus was put into the tomb and we know when Mary found that the tomb was empty on the third day as Jesus had risen from the grave

The time that passed in between was not a full 3 days , and scripture does not say it would be a full 72 hours before Jesus would raise from the grave , reference to Jonah was for that those Jesus was speaking to would understand that it would be around the same length of time.
Jesus rose from the grave on the third day , it was not to mean he would wait 72 hours then return , just that sometime on the third day He would rise , and on Sunday Morning it was found that Jesus was not in the tomb and that same Sunday Morning Jesus appeared to Mary and told her it was He Jesus and said to tell the brethren and meet with him in Galilee and Jesus did meet with them on that same Sunday evening

So yes it was on the third day that Jesus rose from the grave and yes there will be a time period of 1000 years of Jesus Kingdom on earth when Jesus returns

I found the following article after initially reading your post here earlier today. I'm not entirely certain the article is correct, but it is well reasoned IMO. Makes a lot more sense than the typical interpretation. I have no affiliation with that site nor know anything about it. This was one of the links that showed up in the search results when I searched Google earlier today.

Jesus Wasn't Crucified on Friday or Resurrected on Sunday: How long was Jesus in the tomb?

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I found the following article after initially reading your post here earlier today. I'm not entirely certain the article is correct, but it is well reasoned IMO. Makes a lot more sense than the typical interpretation. I have no affiliation with that site nor know anything about it. This was one of the links that showed up in the search results when I searched Google earlier today.

Jesus Wasn't Crucified on Friday or Resurrected on Sunday: How long was Jesus in the tomb?
Was Jesus crucified on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
I studied this a long time ago and believed Jesus was crucified on Wednesday afternoon , but I couldn't remember enough detail to be certain so I googled and found this , it has a lot of data on it , so much in fact I didn't read it all but enough that it looks like it offers enough to give good insight , I will read it all later , But I would need to ask is there some reason why to question what Jesus said that he would destroy the temple and raise it in 3 days ? Why would Jesus say it if the time frame was way off from his prediction? Can HE lie? since it was 2000 years ago before most people could read let alone any type of record keeping that could survive 2000 years in clay jars we are fortunate to have what data we do have- now if it was 2000 years from today we have methods of keeping records in good condition and in many ways

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Interesting read, but i think the answer is much simpler. Let’s look at Esther:
“Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.”
Esther 4:16

So did Esther go to the king on the fourth day after fasting for 3 days? The answer is no, she went on the 3rd day:

On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king's palace, in front of the king's quarters, while the king was sitting on his royal throne inside the throne room opposite the entrance to the palace.
Esther 5:1

This fits nicely along with rising on the 3rd day verses in the gospel:

that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and on the third day rise.”
Luke 24:7

From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.
Matthew 16:21

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Jon20

Mark16

Matt 2811

@DavidPT and @seventysevens,

Hosea 6:1-2 is speaking of the Jews. I don't know if you believe that Daniel 9:27 is speaking of the future last week for the Jews, or not, but I do. I believe Hosea 6, Romans 11 and Daniel 9 are all connected, as well as the passages in Revelation. This is why I do not believe the three days has to do with the crucifixion, but the scattering of the Jews after they did not accept their Messiah, even to the destruction of temple.

And in Romans 11:25-27 "that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
27 “This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

Daniel 9:“Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 20
(NIV)4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

(TLB)4 Then I saw thrones, and sitting on them were those who had been given the right to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony about Jesus, for proclaiming the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the Creature or his statue, nor accepted his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They had come to life again and now they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
5 This is the First Resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.)

(ESV)4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

(Geneva)4 And I saw seats: and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them, and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which did not worship the beast, neither his image, neither had taken his mark upon their foreheads or on their hands: and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead men shall not live again, until the thousand years be finished: this is the first resurrection.

(GW)4 I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were allowed to judge. Then I saw the souls of those whose heads had been cut off because of their testimony about Jesus and because of God’s word. They had not worshiped the beast or its statue and were not branded on their foreheads or hands. They lived and ruled with Christ for 1,000 years. 5 The rest of the dead did not live until the 1,000 years ended. This is the first time that people come back to life.

(AKJV)4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

(NKJV)4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

(ESVSU)4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

(CEB)4 Then I saw thrones, and people took their seats on them, and judgment was given in their favor. They were the ones who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and God’s word, and those who hadn’t worshipped the beast or its image, who hadn’t received the mark on their forehead or hand. They came to life and ruled with Christ for one thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead didn’t come to life until the thousand years were over. This is the first resurrection.

(ISV)4 Then I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. They came back to life and ruled with the Messiah for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were over. This is the first resurrection.

(MEV)4 I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and the authority to judge was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness of Jesus and for the word of God. They had not worshipped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

(NET)4 Then I saw thrones and seated on them were those who had been given authority to judge. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of the testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. These had not worshiped the beast or his image and had refused to receive his mark on their forehead or hand. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were finished.) This is the first resurrection.

(NIRV)4 I saw thrones. Those who had been given authority to judge were sitting on them. I also saw the souls of those whose heads had been cut off. They had been killed because they had spoken what was true about Jesus. They had also been killed because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its statue. They had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. They came to life and ruled with Christ for 1,000 years. 5 This is the first resurrection. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the 1,000 years were ended.

(OJB)4 And I saw kise’ot (thrones) and they sat on them and authority for mishpat (judgment) was given to them, and I saw the nefashot (souls) of the ones having been beheaded because of their edut (testimony) for Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach and because of the dvar Hashem and for those who did not worship the Chayyah [Beast, Anti-Moshiach] nor its Atzav and did not receive the tav (mark) on the metsakh (forehead) and on their yad (hand), and they awakened to Chayyim (Life) and reigned with Moshiach for elef shanim (a thousand years). [DANIEL 7:9]
5 And the rest of the Mesim did not awaken to Chayyim (Life) until the elef shanim should be completed. This is the Techiyah HaRishonah (First Resurrection).

(YLT)4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;
5 and the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years may be finished; this [is] the first rising again.

(WYC)4 And I saw seats, and they sat on them, and doom was given to them. And the souls of men beheaded for the witnessing of Jesus, and for the word of God, and them that worshipped not the beast, neither the image of it, neither took the character of it in their foreheads, neither in their hands [or in their hands]. And they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 And others of dead men lived not [The others of dead lived not], till a thousand years were ended. This is the first again-rising.

(RSV)4 And I saw seats, and they sat on them, and doom was given to them. And the souls of men beheaded for the witnessing of Jesus, and for the word of God, and them that worshipped not the beast, neither the image of it, neither took the character of it in their foreheads, neither in their hands [or in their hands]. And they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 And others of dead men lived not [The others of dead lived not], till a thousand years were ended. This is the first again-rising.

And there are even more ALL saying that the martyred people Came to Life and reigned with Jesus for 1000 years , After Jesus returns there will be 1000 years pass before the final judgment no matter how you translate it :)
KJV "They Lived And Reigned" just as I belirve.

Try quoting Matthew 17:21, Matthew 18:11, Acts 8:37, Romans 16:24 from your Alexandrian Egyptian Greek Text in the NIV, a Corruption from the Adulterer Kurt Aland, And Roman Catholic Jesuit Cardinal, Homosexual Union Supporter Carlo Maria Martini, in the "Novum Testamentum Graece"

Did God use adulterers Kurt Aland, Barbara Ehlers, And Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini, to preserve his word, absolutely not!

You dont have a clue :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes they Lived and reigned with Jesus , the starting point is when Jesus returns , that BEGINS the 1000 year reign of saints With Christ Thee King during which time satan if impassioned
ALL those translations come from the same website that you use , you not very observant :)

You need a new watch as your is broken and you can't seem to known what time it is :)
i don't need a clue as the full answer is in Rev20

KJV "They Lived And Reigned" just as I belirve.

Try quoting Matthew 17:21, Matthew 18:11, Acts 8:37, Romans 16:24 from your Alexandrian Egyptian Greek Text in the NIV, a Corruption from the Adulterer Kurt Aland, And Roman Catholic Jesuit Cardinal, Homosexual Union Supporter Carlo Maria Martini, in the "Novum Testamentum Graece"

Did God use adulterers Kurt Aland, Barbara Ehlers, And Cardinal Carlo Maria Martini, to preserve his word, absolutely not!

You dont have a clue :)

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do believe the seventy weeks - and the last 7 are about to begin
My question is - why is what Jesus said about raising from the grave on the third day even being questioned ? What is driving this question to be brought up ?
The disciples believed it happened on the third day , why would anyone question it? If they did not believe Jesus rose from the dead on the third day why would Gods Word say they did ?

John 2
18 So the Jews said to him, “What sign do you show us for doing these things?”
19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 The Jews then said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?”
21 But he was speaking about the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

@DavidPT and @seventysevens,

Hosea 6:1-2 is speaking of the Jews. I don't know if you believe that Daniel 9:27 is speaking of the future last week for the Jews, or not, but I do. I believe Hosea 6, Romans 11 and Daniel 9 are all connected, as well as the passages in Revelation. This is why I do not believe the three days has to do with the crucifixion, but the scattering of the Jews after they did not accept their Messiah, even to the destruction of temple.

And in Romans 11:25-27 "that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
27 “This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

Daniel 9:“Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I do believe the seventy weeks - and the last 7 are about to begin
My question is - why is what Jesus said about raising from the grave on the third day even being questioned ? What is driving this question to be brought up ?
The disciples believed it happened on the third day , why would anyone question it? If they did not believe Jesus rose from the dead on the third day why would Gods Word say they did ?

John 2
18 So the Jews said to him, “What sign do you show us for doing these things?”
19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 The Jews then said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?”
21 But he was speaking about the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

I brought up Hosea 6:1-2, and I think some interpreted that as to the crucifixion and resurrection, when it has to do with the Jews, including their last week. The timing of the crucifixion, etc. is an entirely different thread.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is NOT reigning over the nations yet with the "rod of iron" prophesied in the Psalms.

This is fulfilled. Jesus already has this authority from the Father, and He will give this same authority to the ones who continue His work until the end.

Revelation 2:26-27
And to the one who is victorious and continues in My work until the end, I will give authority over the nations. 27He (the ones Jesus will give authority) will rule them with an iron scepter and shatter them like potteryjust as I (Jesus) HAVE RECEIVED authority from My Father.

The belief that Jesus is not currently reigning as King of kings and Lord of lords is one of the main reasons I cannot get behind pre-mil. If the following descriptions don't describe Jesus as currently being King of kings and Lord of lords, then I don't know what does:

1.) ALL authority in heaven and on earth was given to Jesus
Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

2.) Jesus sat down on the Father's throne (position of authority) when he ascended.
Revelation 3:21
To the one who is victorious, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

3.) The Father's throne (position of authority) was the throne that David and Solomon sat down on. This authority was first given to David, but he could never sit on it eternally. Thus when Jesus sat down on the Fathers throne (revelation 3:21) He was the fulfillment of the offspring sitting on David's throne forever.
1 Chronicles 29:23
Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king in place of David his father. And he prospered, and all Israel obeyed him.

4.) Christ was given sovereign authority over all nations (kings and names) on earth and in heaven, not just during the age of the disciples, but in the age to come
Ephesians 1:20-21
which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come.
1 Peter 3:22
Jesus Christ, 22who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.

5.) Jason, a disciple, and other disciples were accused of claiming that there was a King above Caesar: Jesus Christ
Acts 17:6-7
But when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some other brothers before the city officials, shouting, “These men who have turned the world upside down have now come here, 7and Jason has welcomed them into his home. They are all defying Caesar’s decrees, saying there is another king, named Jesus!”

I believe God is currently king over the heavens and the earth.
I believe Jesus is God.
I believe Jesus is currently king over the heavens and the earth.

To deny these truths is to deny the Father and the Son.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I brought up Hosea 6:1-2, and I think some interpreted that as to the crucifixion and resurrection, when it has to do with the Jews, including their last week. The timing of the crucifixion, etc. is an entirely different thread.
Ok , yea I don't see any reference to the crucifixion of Jesus in that chapter of Hosea as it plainly says :

Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Upvote 0