Is there a gap between 1 Corinthians 15:23 and verse 24?

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THE BOOK OF LIFE

This article was written in response to IAMLAMAD'S answer to one of my posting to him. I thought it best to put in where all could read it. Hopefully it will be a help to rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rev 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and Him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea (nations) gave up the dead (spiritually dead) which were in it
And death and hell (the grave) delivered up the dead which were in them
And they were judged every man according to their works.

Rom_9:32 Wherefore? Because They sought it not by faith, but not as it were by the works of the law. For They stumbled at that stumbling stone;

Gal_2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

And death and hell (the grave) were cast into the lake of fire.

This is the second death.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Rev 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and Him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for Them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God
And the books were opened (Law of Moses)
And another book was opened (Book of life)
Which is the book of life

And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books
According to their works

And the sea (nations of Israel) gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire
This is the second death

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (great torment).

Php 4:2-3 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

And I entreat you also, true yoke fellow, help those women which labored with Me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other My fellow laborers, whose names are in the book of life.

NOTE: Notice that Paul did not include all people of Earth, only those who labored with Him in the gospel.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John:

Josh 8:34 And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings according to all that is written in the law the book of The Law.

1Sa_10:25 Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the LORD. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.

Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, says the LORD, that take counsel, but not of Me; and that cover with a covering, but not of My spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Jer_51:60 So Jeremiah wrote in a book all the evil that should come upon Babylon, even all these words that are written against Babylon

Peter_5:13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, salutes you; and so does Marcus my son.

From the time that John was shown these things until now, does the now agree with “things which must shortly come to pass” ?

Also, who was John told to send the writings to? To us, or four us today?

He was told to give them to the seven churches in Asia; which was in his time period. From Paul's writing you can see that He knew of John's writings.

Here is another interesting thing given in the Old Testament.

Josh_10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

This book was not put into today's Bible, but it exist yet. It can be found in the Gnostic Library on the Inner-net. Many others also that are not in today's Bible. Rome chose which writings to put into today's Bible. I say Rome, but all things are done only God's approval. That however, does not make it good for all of man. Indirectly it creates a situation where those seeking the truth needs to dig very deep to get the answers in the Bible scriptures. God however, outsmarts all of man. For those who choose to follow the correct road will be aided by the Holy Spirit if God approves of One.

I close this writing with the following: Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Why then is there any need for the books given in the book of Revelation for those in Christ Jesus?

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The Dead do not go to heaven. Everyone who dies loses consciousness and knows nothing until the final Judgement.
Maybe you won't know anything, but if the Lord taries and I die, I will be in heaven with Jesus. As Paul wrote, absent from the body is present with the Lord.

In fact, God has taken MANY people to see heaven. Many have seen their own mansion. Some have seen the throne room. Some have seen Jesus. Some have seen the preparations for the marriage supper. But some have been told the preparations are finished.

Be looking up folks! The end is near! Jesus will soon come FOR His bride.

• Optimistic
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟94,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
THE BOOK OF LIFE

This article was written in response to IAMLAMAD'S answer to one of my posting to him. I thought it best to put in where all could read it. Hopefully it will be a help to rightly dividing the word of truth.
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God
And the books were opened (Law of Moses)
And another book was opened (Book of life)
Which is the book of life

And the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books
According to their works

And the sea (nations of Israel) gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire
This is the second death

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (great torment).

Php 4:2-3 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

And I entreat you also, true yoke fellow, help those women which labored with Me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other My fellow laborers, whose names are in the book of life.

NOTE: Notice that Paul did not include all people of Earth, only those who labored with Him in the gospel.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John:

Josh 8:34 And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings according to all that is written in the law the book of The Law.

1Sa_10:25 Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the LORD. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.

Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, says the LORD, that take counsel, but not of Me; and that cover with a covering, but not of My spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Jer_51:60 So Jeremiah wrote in a book all the evil that should come upon Babylon, even all these words that are written against Babylon

Peter_5:13 The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, salutes you; and so does Marcus my son.

From the time that John was shown these things until now, does the now agree with “things which must shortly come to pass” ?

He was told to give them to the seven churches in Asia; which was in his time period. From Paul's writing you can see that He knew of John's writings.

Here is another interesting thing given in the Old Testament.

Josh_10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

This book was not put into today's Bible, but it exist yet. It can be found in the Gnostic Library on the Inner-net. Many others also that are not in today's Bible. Rome chose which writings to put into today's Bible. I say Rome, but all things are done only God's approval. That however, does not make it good for all of man. Indirectly it creates a situation where those seeking the truth needs to dig very deep to get the answers in the Bible scriptures. God however, outsmarts all of man. For those who choose to follow the correct road will be aided by the Holy Spirit if God approves of One.

I close this writing with the following: Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Why then is there any need for the books given in the book of Revelation for those in Christ Jesus?

Andy Centek

"The books were opened." Every human who has ever lived has a book of their deeds written in heaven as the scripture says, "According to their works." These are the books that will be opened. Some people have been allowed to visit heaven and have seen their own book - and return to earth to write about it.

And the sea (nations of Israel) Please show us some scripture to show where you get this idea.

Notice that Paul did not include all people of Earth, only those who labored with Him in the gospel. Paul is not giving us an inclusive list of names in the book of Life! He only mentioned those who worked with him.

Sorry, but 2000 years is "shortly" to God - like two days for us.

Sorry, Paul died LONG before John wrote Revelation. It is also VERY doubtful if Paul ever read John's gospel either.

God CHOSE to give us Revelation and chose to bless all who read it. Did not God say that He would tell the end of a thing from the beginning, and say that He would not do something without telling us first?

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Yes there are many things in the prophecy that Jesus gave to John that still have yet come to pass - that prophecy offers insight to what will happen just before Jesus returns and what things will happen at the time Jesus returns

Jesus says ; Rev 1 :
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

Jesus said there will be things that are happening during the time that John was alive and writing the prophecy and there are things that will happen at a later time in the future - hence the "hereafter" which means future tense , it is for ALL generations up to and including the generation that sees the fulfillment of these prophecies - all generations are to be told and made aware of these things - the book focuses on Jesus return which is 'future tense' Jesus wants everyone to know that if you repent and live for Him you will be in His presence eternally forever - and if you don't you will be in a place of torment

Andy Centek
To provide info to all people , to give reassurance that Jesus will live up to His side of His agreement - sometimes those who call them self to be Christian become angry with fellow Christians who hurt them in some way and turn away from Christ -so they need to hear and be reassured and reminded of the consequence if they
There is no judgment for those are truly in Christ Jesus. That being, The Elect of God. It is God, through His Christ, that decides what happens to whomever.

Andy Centek
All people will be judged - Christians will be judged as righteous believers and have permanent residence with Jesus - though their works will be judged to determine if they did those works in a selfish or unselfish manner - there is likely a better way to phrase that -
You may be thinking of the scripture "there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus'
Roma.ns 8 -1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The Bema Seat of Christ is when Christians are judged

The great white throne judgment is only for those people who have not accepted Christ as lord and savoir so their judgment comes after the millennial kingdom and all people who reject Christ will be judged as unrighteous all at the same time so that it includes those who reject Christ even when Christ has ruled from His Kingdom while satan is locked away in prison , unable to deceive people during Christ reign

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ABOUT WHAT JESUS TAUGHT

First, Who does it say that Jesus came to? The Jews in Judeah. He told His disciples not to go to the Gentiles. For they had the doctrine of the kingdom of heaven, not the doctrine of the kingdom of God, which He taught after John's death. Before that there was only the doctrine of the Kingdom of heaven being taught.
What then is the difference? Much in every way. One only need close to see what Jesus taught, and who He taught it to.
John_10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Mat_10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter You not:

Rom_11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom_14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
1Co_4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

When They killed John, They ended their chance to rebuild the kingdom of heaven. That is when Paul was sent to the Gentiles by Jesus Christ to teach Them what was necessary for Their salvation.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0