is there a difference between Jew and gentile in the bible?

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No one is denying anything here. I never stated Israel obeyed God during the Old Covenant of the Law.

The time period we have been discussing, is there a difference between Jew and gentile in the bible?, is during the millennial reign of Christ after his 2nd coming, in case you forgotten

Since you do agree with what Exodus 19 is saying, here is what should follow according to scripture

During the millennial reign of Christ after his 2nd coming:
  1. The entire nation will obey the Law automatically under the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:8-12)
  2. Thus, given Exodus 19:3-6, the entire nation will be a kingdom of priests.
  3. They will bring gentiles from all nations to know Christ (Zechariah 8:23)
Do you agree with the scripture there?
I do not agree with your teaching. This is a result of the new covenant made in the blood of Christ. No more genealogy, no more outward circumcision in the flesh. Read Hebrews concerning the disanulling of the carnal commmandments.
Christ Jesus himself would not be a priest by the Sinai covenant.
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,440.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not agree with your teaching. This is a result of the new covenant made in the blood of Christ. No more genealogy, no more outward circumcision in the flesh. Read Hebrews concerning the disanulling of the carnal commmandments.
Christ Jesus himself would not be a priest by the Sinai covenant.
Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

But Hebrews 8:8 states that the New Covenant will be made with the House of Israel and Judah.

Either you take that statement literally, or you try to slip the Body of Christ inside, which you are trying to do, by insisting that Levi is not part of Israel.

Your reasoning is as follows
  1. Levi is not part of the nation of Israel
  2. The Body of Christ is also not part of the nation of Israel
Therefore, the Body of Christ is Levi, and she becomes the priesthood under the New Covenant.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But Hebrews 8:8 states that the New Covenant will be made with the House of Israel and Judah.

Either you take that statement literally, or you try to slip the Body of Christ inside, which you are trying to do, by insisting that Levi is not part of Israel.

Your reasoning is as follows
  1. Levi is not part of the nation of Israel
  2. The Body of Christ is also not part of the nation of Israel
Therefore, the Body of Christ is Levi, and she becomes the priesthood under the New Covenant.
What you are ignoring is the requirements for the new covenant priesthood. Not genealogical, not carnal. That is the elephant in the room you cannot seem to see.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,440.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you are ignoring is the requirements for the new covenant priesthood. Not genealogical, not carnal. That is the elephant in the room you cannot seem to see.

But you do agree that is how you are reasoning, correct?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But you do agree that is how you are reasoning, correct?
No. I don't see Israel as you do. What I think you are doing is making it carnal and genealogical with your views of Israel. Being earthly, worldly and carnally minded in your reasoning. The book of Hebrews speaks against that for Chrtist's priesthood.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,440.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I don't see Israel as you do. What I think you are doing is making it carnal and genealogical with your views of Israel. Being earthly, worldly and carnally minded in your reasoning. The book of Hebrews speaks against that for Chrtist's priesthood.

Why do you then insist that, just because Levi was not given any land promise, Levi is then not part of Israel, even though scripture says otherwise?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why do you then insist that, just because Levi was not given any land promise, Levi is then not part of Israel, even though scripture says otherwise?
What do you mean by "a part of Israel"? What significance does that have. They were not counted among them, they had no share among them. The priesthood was their inheritance.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,440.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by "a part of Israel"? What significance does that have. They were not counted among them, they had no share among them. The priesthood was their inheritance.

They don't receive land

But they still belong to the nation of israel

That is what I meant

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They don't receive land

But they still belong to the nation of israel

That is what I meant
What is the importance of that? They are a tribe prior to Egypt, and when Jacob went into Egypt their father blessed them when he died. And clearly a tribe in the loins of Abraham when Melchzedek met him. But what significance it has after they were separated from the congregation of Isreal for you? Obviously the priestly inheritance came from the Abrahamic covenant given before Sinai.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,440.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the importance of that? They are a tribe prior to Egypt, and when Jacob went into Egypt their father blessed them when he died. And clearly a tribe in the loins of Abraham when Melchzedek met him. But what significance it has after they were separated from the congregation of Isreal for you? Obviously the priestly inheritance came from the Abrahamic covenant given before Sinai.

So now you agree that the tribe of Levi is part of the nation of Israel?

If you do, then under the old covenant, only Levi can be the priesthood for Israel

But when the kingdom of heaven begins for them during the millenial reign, not just Levi, all 12 tribes will become the priesthood. Exodus 19:3-6, zechariah 8:23

Why do you think the pharisees were questioning John the Baptist when he was baptizing every jew during Jesus first coming (John 1:24-28)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So now you agree that the tribe of Levi is part of the nation of Israel?

If you do, then under the old covenant, only Levi can be the priesthood for Israel

But when the kingdom of heaven begins for them during the millenial reign, not just Levi, all 12 tribes will become the priesthood. Exodus 19:3-6, zechariah 8:23

Why do you think the pharisees were questioning John the Baptist when he was baptizing every jew during Jesus first coming?
Again your mistake is the priesthood of Melchizedek is not carnal, or genealogical. That is how anyone other than Levi, cam be made priests including Jesus himself. Your focus of Levi being a part of the twelve tribes for "special status" is neither Moses nor Christ. You are earthly worldly minded in this.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,440.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again your mistake is the priesthood of Melchizedek is not carnal, or genealogical. That is how anyone other than Levi, cam be made priests including Jesus himself. Your focus of Levi being a part of the twelve tribes for "special status" is neither Moses nor Christ. You are earthly worldly minded in this.

I have given you 3 statements.

To have a constructive discussion, which statement do you disagree and what is your alternative point?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have given you 3 statements.

To have a constructive discussion, which statement do you disagree and what is your alternative point?
My point being it is not genealogical or carnal. More than just the twelve tribes qualify. It is not limited to the earthly elements of the twelve. We keep having the same conversation.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,440.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point being it is not genealogical or carnal. More than just the twelve tribes qualify. It is not limited to the earthly elements of the twelve. We keep having the same conversation.

Even under the Old Covenant?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,440.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the new covenant. The covenant made in Christs blood under his priesthood in the order of Melchzedek.

So, you do agree with my first statement.

For my 2nd statement, you also agree that Paul never said, in Romans to Philemon, that the Body of Christ will be made priests as well.

But you are looking at non-Pauline scripture to get that doctrine.

Alright then

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So, you do agree with my first statement.

For my 2nd statement, you also agree that Paul never said, in Romans to Philemon, that the Body of Christ will be made priests as well.

But you are looking at non-Pauline scripture to get that doctrine.

Alright then
Alright

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As in all discussions, I have learned so much more about scripture thru them, what is the tribe of Levi and their role in the OT, and how different Christians view them.
Ditto here. How rabbinics and Messianics view them as well. Quite differs from scripture today.

Upvote 0