Is there a connection between resisting arrest and police killings.

Is there a connection between resisting arrest and police killings.

• Total voters

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think there is a connection between resisting arrest and being killed by police?

Yes there is a connection. There is also a connection between the bully and the bullied. Sometimes, if the bullied stands up to the bully, they could get hurt worse or killed. But if they never stand up for themselves, the bullying would continue..... For some, being relieved of the bully, is worth the risks of greater harm.

Not something one would understand unless they have been bullied, or experienced harassment by a few "bad" police.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes there is a connection. There is also a connection between the bully and the bullied. Sometimes, if the bullied stands up to the bully, they could get hurt worse or killed. But if they never stand up for themselves, the bullying would continue..... For some, being relieved of the bully, is worth the risks of greater harm.

Not something one would understand unless they have been bullied, or experienced harassment by a few "bad" police.

I think multiple times that I wish people would do whatever they were told no matter how wrong it is....just to survive.

But many are not ok with just surviving.....they want to be able to live free as well.

Can we fault them for this?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think multiple times that I wish people would do whatever they were told no matter how wrong it is....just to survive.

But many are not ok with just surviving.....they want to be able to live free as well.

Knowing that attempting to break free from the police might lead to death their best chance of survival might be to comply. The large number of incarcerated blacks is a testament to the survivability of police arrest.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Knowing that attempting to break free from the police might lead to death their best chance of survival might be to comply. The large number of incarcerated blacks is a testament to the survivability of police arrest.

"Their" chance of survival? Prison population is a testament to survivability?

I repent from entering this conversation.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There’s also the possibility that people simply don’t trust the police to treat them well or fairly once in custody, so they try to exercise every right they have before simply going along with their demands, especially if they’re out of the blue.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟754,720.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The blacks have long been treated badly in the USA. MInd you we haven't been much better with the aboriginals in that regard.

When US troops were stationed in Brisbane during WWII, black troops were "quarantined" across the river from the city in South Brisbane, and not allowed to mix with the whites in the city itself.

I remember a history teacher telling me years ago that one night some black servicemen got sick of this and tried to walk across Victoria Bridge into the city. US Military Police shot them.

I think another part of the problem is that due to the gun culture in the US the cops never know when someone is going to pull a gun on them. They're somewhat trigger happy as a result. Cops wear guns in Australia, but they don't expect to get shot at when they pull someone up for speeding or suspected drink or drug driving, with very rare exceptions.

These days the drug culture poses another threat. If a bloke's high on ice, you don't know what he might do.

Upvote 0