Is there a Bible translation with WoF notes?

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I know of the Kenneth Copeland Bible which I have just got (and which is fab), but wondered if there is any other?

I have seen the Spirit Filled Life Bible but don't know if it is favourable to WoF teachings.
Spirit Filled Life Bible is definitely charismatic but not exactly Word/Faith -- think more in line of AoG.

The Kenneth Copeland Bible is the only WoF annotated one I've heard of -- I'd love to know that there are others.

Upvote 0

DMW

Feb 4, 2005
Michigan
✟9,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The kenneth copeland Bible is not annotated, it just has some of his study outlines in the front, just like the Rhema study bible. There is another called "The Word" published by Harrison House, a WoF publisher, but it too is a collection of study outlines, not an annotated Bible or with verse by verse commentary.

The Spirit Filled Life Bible was put together by Jack Hayford. While not specifically Word Of Faith, it is very friendly to our beliefs, and many of it's contributors are definitely WoF. There are two editions of that Bible, and depending on which one you get, there are not only verse by verse notes, but study outlines by people like Fred Price, Marilyn Hickey, and Pat Robertson. You won't find anything in the notes that would offend WoF beliefs.

Another classic is the Dake Bible. He predates the WoF movement, but his Bible is favored by many WoF people. It has thousands of annotations, some controversial, all fascinating.

Another Pentecostal, but not Wof, is the "Life in the Spirit" Study Bible. This one is also being published in another form as the "Fire Bible." It is the work of an Assembly of God minister, and it reflects their angle a lot more than Wof. I own one of these too, and don't find the notes all that helpful.

Andrew Womack offers his verse by verse notes for free, I think in PDF form, but not sure if he is still publishing a study Bible with his notes.

Upvote 0

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have the Dake Bible and it is great. I have known of it for many years and only got it a couple of years ago. I wish I had bought it sooner.

The Dake Bible is so jam packed with notes that it would be good for any Christian.

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The kenneth copeland Bible is not annotated, it just has some of his study outlines in the front,
Sorry 'bout that; I don't currently have it. I thought the notes ran throughout, though.

Andrew Womack offers his verse by verse notes for free, I think in PDF form, but not sure if he is still publishing a study Bible with his notes.
Here is a link to the Wommack notes: here.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Kenneth Hagin (Rhema) has a study Bible that has sermons in it (at the beginning) from a number of WOF teachers, including his teaching on faith. It is a good gift for a new convert, or one who has just experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

I don't recall it having margin notes to explain verses. It might be considered presumptuous for a teacher to interject his thoughts on verses when the Word is considered authoritative and his thoughts are not!

Furthermore, teachers present precept upon precept to substantiate what they present and the hearer judges them. Their really isn't room to do that in the margin notes.

I have completely and totally disregarded any margin notes in every Bible I have ever owned (pretty much). Many people who print study Bibles present it from their own understanding and many of them have not even experienced the Holy Spirit baptism.

It's an odd position to be in to see much of the well respected church world kind of in a place where they don't really understand the "more perfect way" outside of getting saved. They seldom preach on the overcoming power of the Holy Spirit and how to enter into that flow, moving in the gifts and moving on to the greater works, etc. So, without being high minded, but truthful, many margin notes seem a little pre-school, in my estimation.

I'm sure their are some good ones out there.

Upvote 0

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Life of Today study series by Andrew Wommack is very thorough although he has only completed half of the NT as far as I am aware. His commentary is in footnote and audio forms and sometimes he takes an hour to talk about one verse.

The WoF powerhouse the Book of Romans is a good place to try his commentary.

I have the Dake's bible. The footnotes are fascinating but some of the are controversial, especially his belief that God lives on a planet and has humanoid features (or more accurately, humans are on God's image).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have the Dake's bible. The footnotes are fascinating but some of the are controversial, especially his belief that God lives on a planet and has humanoid features (or more accurately, humans are on God's image).

I agree there are some notes in the Dake Bible that I ignore. Like I would do with all teachers. Yet the weight of his life and teachings cause me to give him a hearing and I get a lot out of this Bible.

I am of the opinion that all teaching should be tested and that which stands up should be applied to my life. Humility is the key.

Upvote 0

pk4yahweh

Pressing in...
Jul 21, 2011
Connecticut
✟8,089.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I am of the opinion that all teaching should be tested and that which stands up should be applied to my life. Humility is the key.

Agree with this 100% - most of the error and nonsense in the Body of Christ would be prevented if more lived by this creed. Thanks Scott!

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The Dake Bible, though it is not WoF per say, is probably the closest you'll get to a comprehensive WoF study Bible. Aside from a few idiosyncracies, I highly recommend it.

Colin Urquhart is a Faith teacher in England who has his own New Testament translation titled "The Truth New Testament". He is a Greek scholar. The Bible comes with his own translation, study notes, and some teachings on different subjects such as faith, divine healing, etc. It is another one that I recommend though it is difficult to obtain in the USA. Best to go to his web page. You'll have to pay that overseas shipping cost but I still recommend it.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Troy, In my research on "word of faith", several months ago I found your web page which has great teaching and other links. I printed almost everything. Been waiting for someone to refute the heresy hunters on word of faith. Your info led me to other places on the web. One good one is "another side of the coin" written by Gregg Huestis which I thought was more complete than some of the others. Highly recommended. As you know, Gregg also posts here time to time. Reading his other book "speak the word" which is very good.

Through your web page I also found Ben's Tree of Life in London page. I noticed he carried some of your articles. I frequently went back to your site for info and noticed one time it was gone so I emailed Ben and he at the time was not aware of it also. He said he would contact you since i figured you guys were friends.

I'm new on this forum and I started from the beginning and it took me 4 months to catch up to the present. I enjoyed your input along with several others here. I realized who you were from the posts and from your web site along with some others.
I have found a home here on this forum and you were a big part of it. Just wanted to say "thank You". You have been gone for a while and from reading 135 pages of this forum, you are one of the favorites and surely missed.

A new friend,
Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi Bob and Harry

I come here on very rare occasions, not because I don't enjoy forums but at one point it seemed like every time I wrote a post around here I was getting a warning and a deletion. So I figured, "why bother". Besides that, ministry does keep me busy.

Gregg Huestis book is excellent and one I am always recommending. I bought a number of copies and gave them all away (except for my own personal copy). There is another book, "God In a Box? (The Sovereignty of God in Word of Faith Theology)" by Chad Marinelli that I also recommend. I am working on a similar book in the future but I have a few books on other subjects (among them there is one refuting cessationism and another dealing with how some Evangelical teachings hider faith in prayer) on Amazon.com right now. If anyone is interested in them then just pm me. I don't want to list them here and run into moderator action.

The website was taken down by the host who could not afford to host anymore free website. It was taken down without giving me any warning. We may look into doing something similar in the future but I have been concentrating primarily on pastoring and writing books.

Yeah, and that pastor at "Tree of Life" in London - stay away from him :D

Just kidding. Ben and I are very good friends. I'm still waiting for him to bring me to London so I can preach up a storm over there.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Bob and Harry

I come here on very rare occasions, not because I don't enjoy forums but at one point it seemed like every time I wrote a post around here I was getting a warning and a deletion. So I figured, "why bother". Besides that, ministry does keep me busy.

Gregg Huestis book is excellent and one I am always recommending. I bought a number of copies and gave them all away (except for my own personal copy). There is another book, "God In a Box? (The Sovereignty of God in Word of Faith Theology)" by Chad Marinelli that I also recommend. I am working on a similar book in the future but I have a few books on other subjects (among them there is one refuting cessationism and another dealing with how some Evangelical teachings hider faith in prayer) on Amazon.com right now. If anyone is interested in them then just pm me. I don't want to list them here and run into moderator action.

The website was taken down by the host who could not afford to host anymore free website. It was taken down without giving me any warning. We may look into doing something similar in the future but I have been concentrating primarily on pastoring and writing books.

Yeah, and that pastor at "Tree of Life" in London - stay away from him :D

Just kidding. Ben and I are very good friends. I'm still waiting for him to bring me to London so I can preach up a storm over there.

Hi Troy, Welcome Back... As a Marine, I can salute you sir, as a general and warrior in Gods army. Looking forward to your posts. :thumbsup:

a friend,

Harry

Upvote 0