• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured IS THE WILL OF HUMANS CONTROLLED BY GOD?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Si_monfaith, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Si_monfaith

Si_monfaith Let God alone answer through us

+183
    India
    Word of Faith
    Single
    Is the will of humans controlled by God?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member Supporter

+574
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    No! It wouldn't be 'free' will if it was. Only at the end will our nature remain the same as when we pass. Revelation 22:11

3. Si_monfaith

+183
    India
    Word of Faith
    Single
    So you don't pray for the salvation of others?

4. CharismaticLady

+574
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    The Holy Spirit draws all men, but the choice is up to us. As far as praying for the salvation of others, I would pray that God keep drawing them, and bringing situations to pass that they could best 'hear' and want the gospel.

5. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+5,289
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    According to the bible God pretty much leaves people to make their own decisions. He does however move some people to act.

6. Si_monfaith

+183
    India
    Word of Faith
    Single
    Are you praying for God to control their will?

7. Si_monfaith

+183
    India
    Word of Faith
    Single
    So you mean to say God is yet in control of human will?

8. HTacianas

+5,289
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    In the bible God often asks people to carry out His plan. God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, He asked Moses to lead the Israelites, He asked Paul to help build the Church. Any of them could have said no.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,106
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    But that's for your own benefit.

10. SkyWriting

+6,106
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    It is completely mapped and planned. God never needs to "step in".

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  11. public hermit

public hermit Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,194
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I doubt God is waiting for us to figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+2,658
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Our problem is awareness of self, not free will. Other species make choices and reason all the time.

13. solid_core

solid_core Well-Known Member

+486
    Czech Republic
    Protestant
    Single
    Yes, it is.

But it does not mean you do not have it. There are different kinds of controlling.

14. Si_monfaith

+183
    India
    Word of Faith
    Single
    Do you mean to say God doesn't have an eternal unchanging plan?

15. SkyWriting

+6,106
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    According to God's fully detailed plans.

16. SkyWriting

+6,106
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    He has planned the spin of each electron in the Cosmos and holds it in it's proper trajectory. He keeps each atom from going nuclear.

Psalm 147:5
    Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.

Colossians 1:17
    And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

1 John 3:20

For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Hebrews 4:13
    And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Matthew 10:30
    But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

Psalm 147:4
    He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names.

17. CharismaticLady

+574
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    Of course not. God doesn't want will-less robots, no matter what some nut-heads want us to believe. There was a movie decades ago called "Stepford Wives;" that misinterpretation of scripture doctrine reminds me of that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. SkyWriting

+6,106
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Proverbs 16:9
    The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Joshua 24:15
    And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

John 7:17
    If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.

John 1:12-13
    But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Revelation 3:20
    Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

1 Corinthians 10:13
    No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

19. HTacianas

+5,289
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    No, that's not what I mean to say. It is clear that God has his plan, and that he will accomplish it. That dispels the idea of Open Theism. But the most minor details of how that plan is carried out we can only speculate about. That dispels the strictest ideas of predestination.

20. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+2,658
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    God has a plan but He does not micro-manage. he simply knows that our focus on self interest and the misuse of the knowledge of good and evil will eventually lead to our destruction. He allowed that to happen to weed out those smart enough to understand His will over our own is the route to take,. He could have snuffed us out twice (or any time) but instead let us learn from our failures. Of course most don't, thinking everything is under His control, not ours, a cop out to taking responsibility for our own actions and failures. A step further from those who only blame things on the devil.