slockmn

Aug 16, 2011
Australia
✟15,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's always become a dream of mine to become a minister.

Now, after weeks of research I've found the ULC.

But it just seems a bit fishy.

It appears to be compleatly non denominational and I don't mean Anglican, Catholic, Church of England. I mean It's Christian, Muslum, Jewish EVEN NEOPAGANISM!

You just sign up and then take a course you're a minister? Surely it's a lot more complex than that.

Could people share their wisdom on this site?

Universal Life Church

A promt responce would be nice.

powerpoint

Jun 20, 2011
✟7,857.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I think it takes an ecumenical response to faith, the whole "there are many rooms in my fathers house" whole deal. However, if you read their website, there is no mention of Jesus, God or the Holy Spirit. There are no mentions of Christian scripture. From the website:

[quote:ULC website]Our common thread is our adherence to the universal doctrine of religious freedom:"Do only that which is right".
Every person has the natural right (and the responsibility) to peacefully determine what is right. We are advocates of religious freedom.[/quote]

Also, looking at the top of the "become ordained" page, there are icons from many different world religions.

I got ordained on there before I became a Christian. A few friends and I were drunk and we did it for a laugh. I've subsequently been in touch with a few of their pastors and they seem like a good bunch. A lot of them are Christian but a few aren't. You're not required to do a course after it, you can take the ordination and run, but they will try and sell you stuff.

I honestly wouldn't attach any gravitas or importance to this website. I think its an interesting idea but probably not worth taking seriously.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 14
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going,
and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him,
“I am the way, the truth, and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus is exclusive to all other ways.
All other ways are exclusive to Christ.

This ordination from this website would not be good and in fact would
align yourself with those who want to pervert the gospel of God
and seek to propose other false ways to the Father.

Below Jesus makes it ABSOLUTELY clear that no one will come to His
father or be saved apart from Him.

Only God is the judge and so only He has the final say about those who
never hear the gospel or any other situation that is beyond our understanding. We are not given the option to preach any other gospel
than the one given to us by Christ and His apostles so I will not
affirm any other way to salvation and eternal life but the way that God Himself has given us to preach.

John 10

Jesus the True Shepherd

1 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
Jesus the Good Shepherd

7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

Run away from those who seek to pervert God's gospel and in doing
so lead many people to their destruction.

Matthew 7:13
[ The Narrow Way ] “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ulcseminary

Universal Life Church Minister
May 23, 2011
California
Visit site
✟7,621.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi.

The site you mentioned is not one I'd recommend, but I do run the Universal Life Church Seminary and it's most certainly not a cult. While it's true that the ULC does ordain anyone for the asking, it's because we feel that everyone is ordained in God's eyes.

For Christians, the seminary specifically offers a special program and series of courses for Christians. We offer a Master of Christian Ministry when you've completed the required courses. We have courses in Christian Ethics, Four Gospels, Christian History and a lot more. There is a guy in FL who advertises being an all-Christian ULC, but he also defrocks people almost immediately after he gets their money. At least, that's what I've been hearing from the multiple calls and emails I've been getting.

Upvote 0