Should I break up with him and come back once I’ve grown spiritually?

• Yes, take a break

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, wait it out longer

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Kaypatt

Sep 1, 2018
Florida
✟15,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
We were friends for 1 year before we started dating. We’ve been dating for 2 years. He has been a Christian his whole life, however when we started dating I was not. I started going to church with him etc. I became a Christian I made the decision to get baptized. The problem is we argue waaay to much, it’s simple arguements just one a day but we get into serious arguments once a week. I feel like the problem is my fault because sometimes I feel like I would pick him over God. Or that God is asking me to leave him and I am In denial. How do I know if God approves of my relationship.

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We were friends for 1 year before we started dating. We’ve been dating for 2 years. He has been a Christian his whole life, however when we started dating I was not. I started going to church with him etc. I became a Christian I made the decision to get baptized. The problem is we argue waaay to much, it’s simple arguements just one a day but we get into serious arguments once a week. I feel like the problem is my fault because sometimes I feel like I would pick him over God. Or that God is asking me to leave him and I am In denial. How do I know if God approves of my relationship.

Dunno, maybe be patient with yourself and with him. Sounds like he needs to learn when to just hold his peace and trust the Lord will work it out. Jumping from one relationship into another will not solve the problem, just might mean a different set of problems. We all have our problems. Love is patient.

Reactions: Kaypatt
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Dunno, maybe be patient with yourself and with him. Sounds like he needs to learn when to just hold his peace and trust the Lord will work it out. Jumping from one relationship into another will not solve the problem, just might mean a different set of problems. We all have our problems. Love is patient.

Upvote 0