Is the right to abort a child with disabilities becoming a duty?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It lasts only two minutes. Titled "Dear Future Mom," the film features children with Down Syndrome from different nations. They speak in various languages with aporopriate subtitles. They address a mother who is expecting a child with a genetic condition, explains the skills a person with Down could aquire: language, education, work, even the ability to fix a bicycle. Produced by Jerome Lenjeune Foundation in 2014, the film has won numerous awards and has been exhibited at international celebrations of World Down Syndrome Day, marked each year on March 21.

But the French government has recently banned it.

Continued below.
Is the right to abort a child with disabilities becoming a duty?

• Informative
Reactions: Paul Yohannan

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Censorship is wrong.

But if you want to make sure Fr. Conley ' s optimistic picture of special education continues, you'd better get on the case of Congressmen weakening special ed regulations as we speak.

Public service announcement.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(my opinion)
Abortion in any form or circumstance is an absolute NO

I saw a story this past week of a child at 7 that past away and was brought back to life. He was in a car wreck, father was killed, mother survived. The child was in a coma. When the 7 yr old boy woke, his mother had to be the one to tell him that his daddy was dead, and it was breaking her heart to do so. When the child awoke, the mother asked him son do you know what happened to your daddy, the child said yes mom I saw him in heaven with his brother, mom was amazed. Then this 7 yr old kid said.......Oh by the way mom I saw your other 2 kids as well.

The mother wondering what he was talking about, went home crying and remembered that she had lost 2 babies thru miscarriage many years ago.
Although this was a miscarriage, can u even imagine what the aborted in heaven looks like at the rate we are killing them? God help us !!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
France has one of the world's highest rate of abortions of inborn children with Down Syndrome. 96 percent of such pregnancies are terminated. To avoid the slightest twinge of regret for such eugenic abortions, the state must suppress positive narratives...

Any information challenging choice-even an anodyne two minute video- must be airbrushed away.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When you post an article on a discussion board, it is reasonable to expect discussion. It is unreasonable to expect complete agreement with everything you post.

For example I posted a heartwarming story about Muslims, raising $65000 to rebuild the Jewish cemetery and got some hate filled vitriol against Muslims. It was upsetting. I has put it on TLT where I felt people would be inspired, but outsiders trashed Muslims.

I don't see that in this thread. We all disagree with the French film ban. I warned that special ed is in jeopardy because all the private charity in the world can't fill that gap, and because I care about children and actually was president of a special ed PTA for four years in NY. The priest had referenced special ed in his article.

[Staff edit]. That is NOT promoting abortion.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread has had a clean.
Please note and abide by CF's rules on flaming and goading.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
According to the Progressive Left it is. Better to kill the "parasite" using your body than to let "it" be born and live what they deem and assume to be a miserable life, and whose responsibility falls on "the rest of us."

I see this said over and over again on social media and other websites. Truly disgusting individuals, some of them.

• Agree
Upvote 0