Is the "Real Presence" [catholic Holy Communion" Really REAL?

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am always amazed and AMUSED at how easily you twist your responses. When YOU read chapters 6 - 18 of John, did you believe and come to the conclusion that the events of chapter 19 happened the NEXT DAY????

Is that really what you believe may dear friend. In chapter 6 Jesus talks about the eating of His blood and His flesh and then chapter 19 where the actual Communion service took place was the NEXT DAY.

Whoa...... easy there big fella! You seem to forget that I (since my conversion, and finding the truth) no longer adhere to the sola scriptura belief as you do. So.....when you as a sola scripturist said.....

My point is that the actual Lord's Supper where Jesus in fact did give the instructions for the sacraments was a whole year later than John 6.

I just figured you could/would show the passage or passages from Scripture alone that states this. That's all. And since you have not done so as of yet, and being a sola scripturist, how do you know this, from the likes of mere men such as Cooper Abrams and John Piper?

Yes...........everyone else is wrong and You are the one who is correct about this. GOOD ANSWER!! Very thoughtful and logical!

Letting your emotions take over Maj1 is not very good dialect.

Then you focus on the word "SPECIFICALLY".
How is that you only use that train of thought where it applies what YOU want to think.

No.... only towards sola scripturist as yourself. For you to claim all one needs to know as a sole rule of faith can be found within the pages of the bible, you better be prepared to be "specific."

Using YOUR OWN words of SPECIFICALLY, please quote the SPECIFIC Scriptures IN THE BILE that give the directions for...........

1. The Rosary.
2. Purgatory.
3. The sinlessness of Mary.
4. The Assumption of Mary.
5. Infallibility of the Catholic Church
6. The Pope is head of church/has authority of Christ
7. The Roman Catholic Church necessary for salvation
8. Penance is necessary for salvation
9. Indulgences
10. Prayer to the saints

Okay.... as soon as you...... a sola scripturist can show me where the words "Trinity." .... "Incarnation." and "Redemption." are "SPECIFICALLY" found in the bible. Who do believe in them, do you not?

Now, lets go back to my post #544 and what I asked and you have so conveniently ignored.

So Maj1, since you posted from this clearly anti-Catholic web-site, do you also share/agree with these views that you failed to post?

Well?

Have a Blessed Lenten Season

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I am always amazed and AMUSED at how easily you twist your responses. When YOU read chapters 6 - 18 of John, did you believe and come to the conclusion that the events of chapter 19 happened the NEXT DAY????

Is that really what you believe may dear friend. In chapter 6 Jesus talks about the eating of His blood and His flesh and then chapter 19 where the actual Communion service took place was the NEXT DAY.

Was He using a helicopter to do all of the traveling or do you think He was walking????
His entry into Jerusalem, the arrest in the Garden, the trip to Galilea, the sermon on the Mount and all the other events happened the NEXT day so that the CONTEXT of the Sacraments would then apply to his directions in chapter 6.
Is that what you are believing??????

Yes...........everyone else is wrong and You are the one who is correct about this. GOOD ANSWER!!
Very thoughtful and logical!

Then you focus on the word "SPECIFICALLY".
How is that you only use that train of thought where it applies what YOU want to think.

Using YOUR OWN words of SPECIFICALLY, please quote the SPECIFIC Scriptures IN THE BILE that give the directions for...........

1. The Rosary.
2. Purgatory.
3. The sinlessness of Mary.
4. The Assumption of Mary.
5. Infallibility of the Catholic Church
6. The Pope is head of church/has authority of Christ
7. The Roman Catholic Church necessary for salvation
8. Penance is necessary for salvation
9. Indulgences
10. Prayer to the saints

That is only 10 out of probably 50 or more RCC doctrines.

Now where are they SPECIFICALLY in the Bible????
This thread is about the Eucharist, the other topics listed above are outside the scope of this thread. The thread is not about bashing Catholic Theology; please keep the focus on the topic at hand. The rules here do address off topic posts.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Whoa...... easy there big fella! You seem to forget that I (since my conversion, and finding the truth) no longer adhere to the sola scriptura belief as you do. So.....when you as a sola scripturist said.....

I just figured you could/would show the passage or passages from Scripture alone that states this. That's all. And since you have not done so as of yet, and being a sola scripturist, how do you know this, from the likes of mere men such as Cooper Abrams and John Piper?

Letting your emotions take over Maj1 is not very good dialect.

No.... only towards sola scripturist as yourself. For you to claim all one needs to know as a sole rule of faith can be found within the pages of the bible, you better be prepared to be "specific."

Okay.... as soon as you...... a sola scripturist can show me where the words "Trinity." .... "Incarnation." and "Redemption." are "SPECIFICALLY" found in the bible. Who do believe in them, do you not?

Now, lets go back to my post #544 and what I asked and you have so conveniently ignored.

Well?

Have a Blessed Lenten Season
See previous post; we need to stay on topic.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

Lion-Cat-Hat.jpg

Folks stay on topic. The topic is Real Presence and not other beliefs.

BTW, some clean up was done for off topic posts.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0