ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perfect and free will are mutually exclusive.Only Gd can have both of those attributes. One thing we know for sure is that we were not created perfect. Innocent, naive, inexperienced, physically perfect-perhaps. Free will guarantees a bit less than perfect being.
That is not what Genesis says. It says that Adam and Eve walked with God in the Garden of Eden before sin. They were perfectly reconciled to God. Then after sin/apple then they knew their nakedness and covered themselves.

In order to walk with God they needed to be perfect. Such is why sin separated God and mankind.

That is and was my point. So in essence I get what you are saying, but scripturally Adam and Eve were created perfect.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
That is not what Genesis says. It says that Adam and Eve walked with God in the Garden of Eden before sin. They were perfectly reconciled to God. Then after sin/apple then they knew their nakedness and covered themselves.

In order to walk with God they needed to be perfect. Such is why sin separated God and mankind.

That is and was my point. So in essence I get what you are saying, but scripturally Adam and Eve were created perfect.
So, in other words, He created them with a best before date. I guess, some, could see perfection in that- it was perfect while it lasted. But, that's a philosophical discussion that's not suited for a Christian forum.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, in other words, He created them with a best before date. I guess, some, could see perfection in that- it was perfect while it lasted. But, that's a philosophical discussion that's not suited for a Christian forum.
If you want to hold a conversation then please stop with the quips. It is so, so tiring. :swoon:

It went down exactly as the Bible said it did. God created His creation and saw that it was good. God walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden before sin entered the picture.

After sin, a holy God cannot be reconciled with an imperfect, not holy creation. So there was a separation for mankind's sake, because mankind would have lived forever in their sin if they had eaten from the Tree of Life. But God did not want that for us. To be forever separated from Him. God in His love for us, took away the tree of Life and numbered our days. Knowing that He was going to send the Only One who could perfectly fulfill the Law and therefore be the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people.

YHWH ressurected His Son in glory to show that He was pleased and accepted His sacrifice.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Himself or his Son? Because the way you have it written implies there are two gods.
I'm not implying anything. Jesus resided on this earth, fully God and fully human. After His death on the cross, Yeshua could have resurrected Himself but purposely let the Father resurrect Him to show the world that the sacrifice had been accepted.

Read it however you like. I am not going down this non-Trinitarian road with you guys. It is very clear in God's Word there is a Trinity. I have more interesting things to discuss than twisting a bunch of verses to not see what is obviously there, IMHO.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I'm not implying anything. Jesus resided on this earth, fully God and fully human. After His death on the cross, Yeshua could have resurrected Himself but purposely let the Father resurrect Him to show the world that the sacrifice had been accepted.

Read it however you like. I am not going down this non-Trinitarian road with you guys. It is very clear in God's Word there is a Trinity. I have more interesting things to discuss than twisting a bunch of verses to not see what is obviously there, IMHO.
Does that include the burning bush?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I keep the commandments of Christ.

All ten of the commandments or just nine of them?

First four is how we love God, the last six is how we love our neighbor.

He came to fulfill the law.

You are absolutely right on this but the question is which law.
  • The only law given by God that could be fulfilled is the ceremonial (sanctuary) service law given to Moses that pointed forward to the lamb of God. That is why the veil was ripped at the time of Jesus death on the cross. That form of worship was fulfilled.
  • No other laws given by God to Moses could be Fulfilled (completed) only kept.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
so what was the burning bush? or the fire storm following the Israelites blocking the Pharoah's army?
or the light that guided their way in the night at the front of them and behind at the end of them?

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Over the last decade, the relative proportion of U.S. teenagers claiming to be homosexual has increased 85 percent.
The explosion in high school is swelling homosexuality among younger adults. Gallup reports that in 2012, 43 percent of all adult LGBs were aged 18 to 36.

In 2016, 58 percent were. No society has ever pushed homosexuality so rigorously onto its youth.
We’ve gone from 5.8 percent of all adults to 7.3 percent in a veritable twinkling – on pace for 10 percent of all adults to be potentially dabbling in homosexuality by our next presidential election!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Over the last decade, the relative proportion of U.S. teenagers claiming to be homosexual has increased 85 percent.
The explosion in high school is swelling homosexuality among younger adults. Gallup reports that in 2012, 43 percent of all adult LGBs were aged 18 to 36.

In 2016, 58 percent were. No society has ever pushed homosexuality so rigorously onto its youth.
We’ve gone from 5.8 percent of all adults to 7.3 percent in a veritable twinkling – on pace for 10 percent of all adults to be potentially dabbling in homosexuality by our next presidential election!
I don't know that we should really be all that surprised.

God's Word says in the end-times it will be like the time of Noah when so many of the people were wicked, satisfying the flesh. Remember Lot and how wicked the people were that they wanted to have relations with the male angels. The guests in Lot's house that he wanted to protect. It is like those times I think. Maybe not quite as bad, but wicked as God said it would be.

This is why people need the great I Am. The Healer of all our wickedness and the forgiver of sin.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Where is the scripture to back that statement?
Where is the new covenant found... in the heart
Where is the old covenant found.. in stone

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Where is the new covenant found... in the heart
Where is the old covenant found.. in stone

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

2 Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
But what about Jeremiah 31? I don't think Got promises to write the Law on anyone's heart until the millineum.

Jeremiah 31: 31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

This is written about the two houses of Israel, not a promise to put the Law in anyone's heart at this time. We still have to learn it and choose to obey.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
But what about Jeremiah 31? I don't think Got promises to write the Law on anyone's heart until the millineum.

Jeremiah 31: 31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

This is written about the two houses of Israel, not a promise to put the Law in anyone's heart at this time. We still have to learn it and choose to obey.
So based on this, you think that it is ok to break the Law of God until the millineum?

Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So based on this, you think that it is ok to break the Law of God until the millineum?
Huh??? I implied no such thing. I just said the Law is not yet "written on our hearts." Didn't you read what I said?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Huh??? I implied no such thing. I just said the Law is not yet "written on our hearts." Didn't you read what I said?
"I don't think Got promises to write the Law on anyone's heart until the millineum."... that statement is where I got the impression you believe we sin to the moment of eternity.

Upvote 0