Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is the New Age movement Satanic?

I ask because I'm genuinely curious about New Age books in general. However, I am a Christian first before anything else, so I want to know... Anything and everything related to New Age. Is it Satanic? Or is it something that's safe to participate it?

Thanks in advance.

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

I ask because I'm genuinely curious about New Age books in general. However, I am a Christian first before anything else, so I want to know... Anything and everything related to New Age. Is it Satanic? Or is it something that's safe to participate it?

Thanks in advance.

the New Age movement is Satanic. It is NOT safe to participate in.

New Age thinking has its roots in Eastern mysticism, which attempts to bypass the mind. There is a new organ of perception—the third eye—which gives spiritual light. One needs to get to the “psychic self” by training one’s self to ignore messages from the mind or to see that the mind is actually achieving “cosmic consciousness.” The mind can create reality.

Neil Anderson in his book, Walking Through the Darkness, writes this:

(1) It is monism. The belief that all is one and one is all. History is not the story of humanity’s fall into sin and its restoration by God’s saving grace. Rather, it is humanity’s fall into ignorance and the gradual ascent into enlightenment.

(2) All is God. If all is one, including God, then one must conclude that all is God. It is pantheism—trees, snails, books, and people are all of one divine essence. A personal God who has revealed Himself in the Bible and in Jesus Christ is completely rejected. Since God is impersonal, the New Ager doesn’t have to serve Him. God is an “it,” not a “He.”

(3) There is a change in consciousness. If we are God, we need to know we are God. We must become cosmically conscious, enlightened, or attuned to the cosmic consciousness. Some who reach this enlightened status will claim to be “born again”—a counterfeit of biblical conversion. The essential is not whether we believe or meditate, but whom we believe in and what we meditate upon. Christ is the true, personal, objective reality, as He said that He is the way, the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6).

(4) A cosmic evolutionary optimism is taught. There is a New Age coming. There will be a new world order, a new world government. New Age thinkers believe that there will eventually be a progressive unification of world consciousness. This, according to the Bible, is a counterfeit kingdom led by Satan himself. Christ has the true kingdom, and He will one day rule on earth with peace for all who accept Him as Savior and King (Revelation 5:13).

(5) New Agers create their own reality. They believe they can create reality by what they believe, and, by changing what they believe, they can change reality. All moral boundaries have been erased. There are no absolutes because there is no distinction between good and evil. Nothing has reality until one says that it is reality or says that it is truth. If finite man can create truth, we are in desperate trouble in our society. Unless there are eternal absolutes from the eternal God, man will eventually be his own destruction.

(6) New Agers make contact with the kingdom of darkness. Calling a medium a “channeler” and a demon a “spirit guide” has not changed the reality of what they are. This is the kingdom of darkness of which Satan is the head. Those involved in this kind of activity are in contact with a world that is totally opposed to the biblical God revealed to us in Jesus Christ, who defeated Satan (Matthew 4:1–11; Colossians 2:15; Hebrews 2:14–18).

The New Age movement is a counterfeit philosophy that appeals to the feelings of individuals, leading them to think that that they are God and can enhance their lives through their own person. The reality is that we are born, grow up, live a while on planet Earth, and die. Humans are finite. We can never be God. We need someone greater than we who can provide us forgiveness and life eternal. Praise the God for Jesus Christ. Through His death and bodily resurrection, He has won for us what we desperately need: forgiveness from God, a life of purpose and meaning in this life, and eternal life beyond the grave.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Thanks in advance.
Nah. It's mostly cobbled together fluff from older religions, with a healthy dose of woo. It's not satanic. It's just non religious peoole looking for a spiritual outlet. Either way, if you're not involved in it, you don't need to worry about it.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seeking the supernatural but without Jesus = is satanic.

Jesus said "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." Matt 12:30

A few keys:
-Meditation is promoted by emptying your mind in New Age while Scriptures such as Romans 12:2 states to renew our minds with Yahweh's word and Joshua 1:8, Psalms 1:2 says to think about Scripture night and day.
-All paths lead to God New Age. But "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6
-Our minds create our reality New Age. But "For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that." James 4:15

Encourage you to view it like a rattlesnake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks in advance.
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: - Ephesians 2:1-2

so we see what spirit it is ... I don't think you want to serve that defeated foe..defeated but utterly hateful and cunning.

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
New age is hard to pin down to one set of doctrines, so noone can say it is satanic or not. Also waht christians call new age is raraly what people who calls them selfes new age means. Lot of confusion.
There are streams that is in line with the words of jesus, some of it literally buildt upon the words of jesus, honors god as the only creator, and there are others that probably communicates with fallen spirits.

the koeran dude said it is satanic because it tries to bypass the mind. This is not true at all. Most spiritual teaching buildt upon a eastern philosopic system sees the mind as a gateway for the spirit - exactly like jesus would say "the eye of the mind is the lamp of the body, you either keep it single, and it releases light and your whole body will be filled with light, or you keep it double minded and it blocks the light, and oh how gret the darkness then will be" kinda thing. It sounds very "new agey" but it is actually god in flesh teaching here. The opint in most eastern spirituality when it comes to the mind is to keep it pure filled with awareness (watching) rather than cosntanctly inner dialog/monologue....whjat we call obsessive thinking.
This "watching wa also taught very clearly by jesus many places, as he even told them that real un felshy powerful spiritual prayer is called "watch and pray" (for the spirit is willing)...and another place, this i tell you all "watch".
And rememebr judaism was not from the west! Jesus was not a westerner, and abraham literally came from these parts of the east....the "new age" parts....thats our father of faith, so we need to be craeful of what we call satanic....korean dude from asia......

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

You dont have a bsis for saying that because new age is not one thing.

New Age thinking has its roots in Eastern mysticism, which attempts to bypass the mind.

Not true, most teaching based on eastern philosophy sees the change of the function of the mind from being wrapped up in thinking as a dream like state, while bringing awarenss of the mind is likened to awakning from the drea, and this is there the mind becomes the actually gateway for spirituality. There is NO bypassing. Another person who prweached this "mind change" (also known as metanoia repentance) was the eastern teacher Jesus....

There is a new organ of perception—the third eye—which gives spiritual light. One needs to get to the “psychic self” by training one’s self to ignore messages from the mind or to see that the mind is actually achieving “cosmic consciousness.” The mind can create reality.

The third eye does not define any new age movement.

ALso you are contradicting youtrself by saing the mind can create reality, because you said the say the mind must be bypassed.

History is not the story of humanity’s fall into sin and its restoration by God’s saving grace. Rather, it is humanity’s fall into ignorance and the gradual ascent into enlightenment.

Well, that doesnt make it satanic, for those moves that teaches this. History is history, and if you reject that man is growing in understnading then you reject hsitory at certain points. no one is saying different streams are all knowing, but you claim all of it is satanic. thats a judgement u need to stand for or repent from.

All is God. If all is one, including God

You dont belive "hear oh israel, God is one"

You dont beleive in
"Eph 4:6 there is one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in you all.
"?

You do realize that this is what is meant by a lot of it.

, then one must conclude that all is God.

You dont like the idea that "christ is all in all"?

"ALL IN ALL". hello?

It is pantheism—trees, snails, books, and people are all of one divine essence.

It could be some of it, but at large it is distincted between God and form, and form is not God, but a matter of our perception. This is different from pantheism in calissical sense because that would mean the form itself is god, which eastern philosophy at large denies.

Since God is impersonal, the New Ager doesn’t have to serve Him. God is an “it,” not a “He.”

Lame. Most eastern philosophy inspired teaching will call God him because of grammatical reasons. But its still foolish to say he is a man or a woman, and om certain taht some may say it to make a point, but its not the commen thing to say as you should know if you actually have spent some time in new age teachings

There is a change in consciousness.

Yes? Is that wrong. Tjesus and the apostles talked a lot about the consciouness, the change of it. It is called faith. But several words directly meaning consciouness is also used trough the new testament.

If we are God, we need to know we are God.

What do you mean "if we are god"?

Have you ever read jesus anser to when the pharasees accused him of being new age?

"
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered Him, saying, We do not stone you for a good work, but for blasphemy, and because you, being a man, make yourself God.
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, "I said, You are gods?"
Joh 10:35 If He called those gods with whom the Word of God was, and the Scripture cannot be broken,
Joh 10:36 do you say of Him whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world, You blaspheme, because I said, I am the Son of God?
"

This is god in flesh, quoting is own words in the old testament.

We must become cosmically conscious, enlightened, or attuned to the cosmic consciousness.

So you dont like the word cosmic consciousness, even tho both words are greek and in the new testament. If they called it God or gods presence, you would likely admitt to it more. Do you realize that god IS omnipresent, and he is OMNIE awaer? or all knowing+ You donjt think it is a good idea to get in line with him? you rather have your mind seperated and doing its own thing?

ok...

Some who reach this enlightened status will claim to be “born again”—a counterfeit of biblical conversion. The essential is not whether we believe or meditate, but whom we believe in and what we meditate upon. Christ is the true, personal, objective reality, as He said that He is the way, the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Him

so you say conversion and "borna gain" is the same thing. You have no basis for that? Do you believe abraham was "born again"? Do you believe he was converted? How about melchisedek?

A cosmic evolutionary optimism is taught. There is a New Age coming.

ehm...you dont believe in the coming of the kingdom and a better age on this world? The wordl will be filled with the knowledge of his glory like the water covers the sea`? You dont b eleive in all natinos disciples? You dont belive in the rock that feel from heaven and smasehd all the otehr evil kingdoms and then grew to over the earth? You dont like the promises of the bible? You dont like "on earth as in heave? How is that not a better future on the earth, a better age? dude, pls

There will be a new world order, a new world government.

Nope. This is not commonly taught. Not in any other way than it is taught in the bibel, anyways.

New Age thinkers believe that there will eventually be a progressive unification of world consciousness. This, according to the Bible, is a counterfeit kingdom led by Satan himself.

right peace among men and unity is satan. Gotcha. and this is in the bible. better keep up the war and the fighting, because that is apparantly gods will for this earth, and satan is the good one. jeez

Christ has the true kingdom, and He will one day rule on earth with peace for all who accept Him as Savior and King (Revelation 5:13).

But you JUST SAID waiting for a coming new age is satan!!!

If finite man can create truth, we are in desperate trouble in our society. Unless there are eternal absolutes from the eternal God, man will eventually be his own destruction.

You are talking about certain self help movements like the secret etc. These are not widely accepted teachings. Western philosophy inspird teaching generally agrees that there is one creator and one creation, but our perception of it, called maya, is darkened. ITs about the repentance form this fallen mind we can get more into the grace lead life that this creator intended. Nad yes, it is called grace. I can give you quotes that is exactly like bibical quotes.

(6) New Agers make contact with the kingdom of darkness. Calling a medium a “channeler” and a demon a “spirit guide” has not changed the reality of what they are. This is the kingdom of darkness of which Satan is the head. Those involved in this kind of activity are in contact with a world that is totally opposed to the biblical God revealed to us in Jesus Christ, who defeated Satan (Matthew 4:1–11; Colossians 2:15; Hebrews 2:14–18).

You just made a claim that new age make dontact with demons. You have no basis for saying that. You CAN claim that YOU beleive certain remnatns of spiritism (which genrally is not neccesarily linked to new age teachings) make contact with demons or fallen spirits, and you may be right, but people who believes in new age teachgins etc do not normall jsut speak eith demons, thats just a judgement you made that you either must back up or repent from, or you will be judged by the same judgement. Wher do you toughts come from? ALl the errors you mentioned here? WHERE is the source for these thigns. I know for certain they can no possbile be from God because they have many faults in it. Who do yuo communicate with in your mind? see what im saying?

The New Age movement is a counterfeit philosophy that appeals to the feelings of individuals,
Totally false, most teachings from easter inspiratino that ive ever researched talks about emotinonl freedom and healing just like christians do. They do not appeal any more to feelings that is done in a nroam church service. in fact probably a lot less. Im not by that saying church services are right, but that it would then fall under the same judgement.

leading them to think that that they are God
and can enhance their lives through their own person.

false, the new age teaching i know of, and i been in it for years before, and am not a stragner to the modern spiritual moves, do see personhood as a mask, a self, or a ego. They do not at all teach that this is God. What is common os ti teach that the "breath", meaning the spirit, is from god, so the real "i", not the person or the self, or the ego, or the soul or the ometal make up of a person is go, but that which gives us life and consiouness is the substance of god as it is his spirit.

Now this coincidentally is literally preached and taught troughout the bible more clearer than probably in any other book!

It was gods breth into adam that woke him up and made him into a living being. That means adam was made up, his life consisted of LIFE- NOw god IS life. Jesus IS life. Is that not in the bible? Is the spirit of god not called "the spirit of life"

Are we not "one spirit with the lord"? How many spirits are "one spirit? Is that two? or one?

So how can the teaching of us being from the substance of god, not BEING GOD the vreator himsel, since we are creted, how can that be untrue, when we ARE lving beings, we ARE one with gods spirit...r u sure you belive in the bible? ARe you sure YOURE not the one seduced into a satanic deception that actually ends up denying eternal truths?

The reality is that we are born, grow up, live a while on planet Earth, and die. Humans are finite. We can never be God. We need someone greater than we who can provide us forgiveness and life eternal. Praise the God for Jesus Christ. Through His death and bodily resurrection, He has won for us what we desperately need: forgiveness from God, a life of purpose and meaning in this life, and eternal life beyond the grave.

No, what you are saying is that you must be a CHRISTIAN, knwing your versino of the gospel, to receive eternal life beyond the grave. By that you have dismissed 4000 years of humanity before the historic cross, plus tyou have dismissed MOST of humanity the 2000 years after the cross as historically only 20% of the world as even known the gospel until our times. Because all those others must be new age, no matter if they was enochs, noahs, jetors, abrahams, melchisedeks, eliahs etc gentils that didnt lvie after the cross as wee, not to speak of all those spiritual ppl troughout all generatsion who are not mentioned in the bible.

• Prayers
Reactions: Newbienow
Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They don't think it's satanic, but it is. Divining the future and casting spells and worshiping false gods is satanic.
*staff edit* eastern inspired spiritual teachings is rarely about casting spells or channeling. its not about worshipping any god either since most eastern inspired teaching recognize one true god creator, and use the word "gods" the same way the bibel uses it. That doestn make the whole new age melting pot right, but you have no basis for judgeing all of it as satanic. Thats like the pharasees with no reason saying Jesus was powered by demons when he did his miracles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
*staff edit* eastern inspired spiritual teachings is rarely about casting spells or channeling. its not about worshipping any god either since most eastern inspired teaching recognize one true god creator, and use the word "gods" the same way the bibel uses it. That doestn make the whole new age melting pot right, but you have no basis for judgeing all of it as satanic. Thats like the pharasees with no reason saying Jesus was powered by demons when he did his miracles.
I assumed the OP was talking about Wicca and similar new age practices. If he meant things like Buddhism, then my answer may be different.

Why are you getting so worked up over defending non Christian spirituality?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A serious question was asked and it deserved a solid answer, natch. "New Age" isn't a very precise term and could refer to something that's occult...or merely goofy liberal theology.

Perhaps before a fight breaks out here between rival opponents of Satan, it would be a good idea to get a more specific description of what he's dealing with.

But I'm sure we can all agree that whatever it is that our friend has been dabbling in, it's something better left unexplored.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I assumed the OP was talking about Wicca and similar new age practices. If he meant things like Buddhism, then my answer may be different.

What's the difference?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

New Age thinking has its roots in Eastern mysticism, which attempts to bypass the mind. There is a new organ of perception—the third eye—which gives spiritual light. One needs to get to the “psychic self” by training one’s self to ignore messages from the mind or to see that the mind is actually achieving “cosmic consciousness.” The mind can create reality.

Neil Anderson in his book, Walking Through the Darkness, writes this:

(1) It is monism. The belief that all is one and one is all. History is not the story of humanity’s fall into sin and its restoration by God’s saving grace. Rather, it is humanity’s fall into ignorance and the gradual ascent into enlightenment.

(2) All is God. If all is one, including God, then one must conclude that all is God. It is pantheism—trees, snails, books, and people are all of one divine essence. A personal God who has revealed Himself in the Bible and in Jesus Christ is completely rejected. Since God is impersonal, the New Ager doesn’t have to serve Him. God is an “it,” not a “He.”

(3) There is a change in consciousness. If we are God, we need to know we are God. We must become cosmically conscious, enlightened, or attuned to the cosmic consciousness. Some who reach this enlightened status will claim to be “born again”—a counterfeit of biblical conversion. The essential is not whether we believe or meditate, but whom we believe in and what we meditate upon. Christ is the true, personal, objective reality, as He said that He is the way, the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6).

(4) A cosmic evolutionary optimism is taught. There is a New Age coming. There will be a new world order, a new world government. New Age thinkers believe that there will eventually be a progressive unification of world consciousness. This, according to the Bible, is a counterfeit kingdom led by Satan himself. Christ has the true kingdom, and He will one day rule on earth with peace for all who accept Him as Savior and King (Revelation 5:13).

(5) New Agers create their own reality. They believe they can create reality by what they believe, and, by changing what they believe, they can change reality. All moral boundaries have been erased. There are no absolutes because there is no distinction between good and evil. Nothing has reality until one says that it is reality or says that it is truth. If finite man can create truth, we are in desperate trouble in our society. Unless there are eternal absolutes from the eternal God, man will eventually be his own destruction.

The New Age movement is a counterfeit philosophy that appeals to the feelings of individuals, leading them to think that that they are God and can enhance their lives through their own person. The reality is that we are born, grow up, live a while on planet Earth, and die. Humans are finite. We can never be God. We need someone greater than we who can provide us forgiveness and life eternal. Praise the God for Jesus Christ. Through His death and bodily resurrection, He has won for us what we desperately need: forgiveness from God, a life of purpose and meaning in this life, and eternal life beyond the grave.
You seem to be really knowledgeable about the topic. How long have you practiced New age...ism???

• Prayers
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seeking the supernatural but without Jesus = is satanic.

Jesus said "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." Matt 12:30

A few keys:
-Meditation is promoted by emptying your mind while Scriptures such as Romans 12:2 states to renew our minds with Yahweh's word and Joshua 1:8, Psalms 1:2 says to think about Scripture night and day.
-All paths lead to God New Age. But "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6
-Our minds create our reality New Age. But "For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that." James 4:15

Encourage you to view it like a rattlesnake.
Good information. How long have you practiced New age beliefs? Would you say that everyone who said they are new age, do, believe and practice the same things?...(like all who say they are Christian?)

you said the newagers state that our minds create reality. Isnt that similar to the verse "what a man thinketh, so is he" and I know both statements can be interpreted many ways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: - Ephesians 2:1-2

so we see what spirit it is ... I don't think you want to serve that defeated foe..defeated but utterly hateful and cunning.

I assume that you feel it is satanic as well. How long have you practiced/studied it before you realized it was satanic.... and how did you come out of it?

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

worked up? this is my normal mental state!
I dont understand what you mean by defending non christian spirituality.
What i am doing is reacting to the very sectarian standpoint of calling everything else new age and satanic. The reason for this is that noone in the bible was ever belonging to what you call as christianity! And did indeed not talk about a certain christian spirituality. Specially the men of god, huge prophets and even priests for god, who was literally gentiles - non christians and non jewish - including abraham who knew god well and was rigtheousby faith ebfore he entered the judaistic covenant as the first of the jews - was not a chrsitian. IM assuing we can agree that abraham, melchisedek, ENOHCS, noahs, jetros spirituality, was good enough for god, despite being "non christian"?
I was taught this truth by the writings of martin luther, not some non christian spirituality ppl.

So what i am saying, christians are entering a cult when they have this "us and them" thing. Jesus was not like that, and is today, not a preist for christians, but a priest over the whole world. When christianity closed themselves into various cultish sects, it also stopped them from going fruther with the god who speaks to all men, not just christians, and we need to get out of that mental state, because its called judgement and eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and that is where death comes form, and there is nothing in modern christian spirituality that is remotly attractive or can compete with the spiritualöity that is described in the bible. Must repent.

By the way, read about how jesus answered the pharasees and ask him why he got so worked up lol

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks in advance.

Some people can compartmentalize the study of other religions, while others may end up drawn in by them. When in doubt, just walk away.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Thanks in advance.

I say it depends. There a lot different "New Age" beliefs and not everyone holds the same ones. They don't like call upon demons or anything but some of the beliefs aren't compatible with Christianity.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Spirituality is seen today as a way to a happier or more satisfied life, but that is false. Anything that is actually helpful or valuable is already Biblical. Christians don't need anything spiritual apart from having God himself. Everything else is a little or a lot of twisted truth.

“A man came to meet us,” they replied. “And he said to us, ‘Go back to the king who sent you and tell him, “This is what the LORD says: Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are sending men to consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron? Therefore you will not leave the bed you are lying on. You will certainly die!” ’ ” (2 Kings 1:6, 1984 NIV)

Seeking to know Jesus himself is our overall goal, not spirituality, wisdom, happiness, or even knowing Scripture, because by knowing God this way we get everything else, too.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”; and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours,whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God. (1 Corinthians 3:19-23, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.