US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not so fast Hark. For some reason Paul started out chastising the Gentile Galatians in chapter 3 then his thoughts went to "us" in verse 13. Starting in verse 15 Paul continues in earnest to include Jews. In verse 23 He writes: 23 Before the coming of this faith, WE were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that WE might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, WE are no longer under a guardian.

Who was under the Law Hark? Certainly not the Galatians. Paul, in those verses, was referring to the Jews.

Wow! You'll try to find any loophole you can.

Who is Paul talking to here?

Excerpt: Paul on the Law: 1 Corinthians 9

8 Not according to man am I speaking these things. Or is the law not also saying these things?

According to who then?

The what? The law? What law?

9 For in the law of Moses it is written: "You shall not muzzle the threshing ox.Not for oxen is the care of God!"

So Paul is quoting YHWH's authoritative word?

Where did he get this, in a vision after Yahshua ascended?

(CLV) Dt 25:4
You shall not muzzle a bull when it threshes.

The TORAH?!?

10 Or is He undoubtedly saying it because of us? Because of us, for it was written that the plower ought to be plowing in expectation, and the thresher to partake of his expectation."

Wait! What's this? Paul is not only quoting of the 613; but he's applying it in a way that is deeper than what is actually written.

HE'S SAYING THAT THE TORAH WAS WRITTEN BECAUSE OF US?

We actually have to listen to YHWH's Torah?!? Where is he getting this? Was it written on his heart?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: ‘The righteous will live by faith.’

What is righteousness?

Definition of righteous

1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
Definition of RIGHTEOUS

What is sin?

(CLV) 1Jn 3:4
Everyone who is doing sin is doing lawlessness also, and sin is lawlessness.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Does the gospel require me to teach Sabbath and the law to unbelievers?

Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent from our sins for the Kingdom of God is at hand (Matthew 4:17-23) and the Mosaic Law is how his audience knew what sin is, so repenting from our disobedience to it is an integral part of the Gospel of the Kingdom, which he prophesied would be proclaimed to the nations before the end (Matthew 24:12-14). The same goes for Acts 2:38 for how Peter’s audience knew what sin is when he told them to repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of sins. In Romans 15:4, Paul said that OT Scripture is written for our instruction and in 15:18-19, his Gospel message involved bringing the Gentiles to full obedience in word and in deed, so he was on the same page as Jesus about teaching repentance from our sins. So yes, the Gospel of the Kingdom does require us to teach the Sabbath and the law to nations.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I hope you understand that "heaven and Earth passing" is a metaphor.

How do you decide what is a metaphor and what is not? I don't treat anything in the Bible as a metaphor; unless the author makes it clear that it is a metaphor. My Elohim is not an author of confusion. If you start, willy nilly, saying that, this and that, is a metaphor; you can make the Bible say whatever you want it to. Is that your goal?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟661,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is righteousness?

Definition of righteous

Definition of RIGHTEOUS

What is sin?

No one in and of ourselves is righteous. Jesus presents us as righteous before the Throne of God. He is our Redeemer. Do you think you can pull yourself up by your bootstraps?

Just remember where there is no law there is no sin. The ritual laws of the Sinai covenant including the weekly Sabbath requirement ceased to command the Israelites at Calvary. Laws dealing with morality have been forever.

• Winner
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Just remember where there is no law there is no sin.

If there is no sin; what need I of grace?

The ritual laws of the Sinai covenant including the weekly Sabbath requirement ceased to command the Israelites at Calvary.

I haven't seen that verse. Would you post it for me.

In addition to that, I can't find anywhere in scripture how YHWH defines 'ritual law'. Would you post that verse too?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jer 31:31-33 the NEW Covenant in the OT.
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Gal 1:6-9 only ONE Gospel and that Gospel "was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

Thus... the point remains

========================
You have already seen these same Bible texts answer your same points a few dozen times by now - but you keep bringing up the same point that is so nicely answered by these same scriptures -- I assume you enjoy pointing out how nicely scripture addresses your point. (or else you are hoping I will eventually "forget the texts"??)
What remains is your consistent handling of the word of God.

In Gal 3:8 Paul says
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Paul said and meant
The gospel preached to Abraham is the saying: "In thee all nations shall be blessed."

Abraham and Gal 3 exposes your misinformation by handling the scriptures.
Reading Gal 3 you can learn that the Gospel is about faith, and faith, is not about the law. (Gal 3:12)

Gal 3:11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
The law is not the preaching of faith, but if you're under the law you have to keep all it's commandments.

Gal 1:6-9 does not support your argument, you're looking for words

Repeating errors leads some people away from truth.
In Jer 31:31-34 The New covenant is identified as unlike the covenant made coming out of Egypt. Let you tell it, the same old covenant God said would not be like the new covenant, gets written on the hearts.
The words of the Old Covenant made out of Egypt was the ten commandments.
The New Covenant is not the law and you know it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟661,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you decide what is a metaphor and what is not? I don't treat anything in the Bible as a metaphor; unless the author makes it clear that it is a metaphor. My Elohim is not an author of confusion. If you start, willy nilly, saying that, this and that, is a metaphor; you can make the Bible say whatever you want it to. Is that your goal?
You just have to disagree with everything I write or when you cannot find a reason to disagree you refuse to make comments.

Questions, Did Jesus ever use a metaphor? How does Heaven and Earth passing relate to "until"? 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

If indeed the term "until heaven and earth disappear" is not a metaphor and Jews are still every jot and tittle of the old covenant and you really believe you are under it too then there is a whole lot of disobedience that needs overcoming. The high priest of the Israelite nation was a Levite and since you believe you are under the Law he is your priest and you have a problem with Heb 4:14-16.

You who believe you are under the laws of the old covenant and do not believe Jesus brought the old covenant to an end have a a greater conundrum. "Until heaven and earth disappear" is not a metaphor,according to you and the whole law is still in effect (jots and tittles) and the conundrum for you is Heb 8:26
Such a high priest truly meets our need – one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect for ever.

Jesus said not one jot ..... so according to that statement you have bonded yourself to the to Moses and the laws of the Sinai covenant. Moses and the old covenant and are ignoring Jesus our High Priest.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What is righteousness?

Definition of righteous

Definition of RIGHTEOUS
Webster makes other statements that defines 'righteous' why not post that also?

Strong’s Definitions H6663; rightness (abstractly), subjectively (rectitude), objectively (justice), morally (virtue) or figuratively (prosperity):—justice, moderately, right(-eous) (act, -ly, -ness).
Righteousness is doing the right thing.
Righteousness is doing whatever God requires.

What is sin?

If you post the definition of sin, you would expose the fact that sin means to miss or to miss the mark.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The coming of the New covenant will make the Old Covenant expired.
That's what you say with scriptures to establish truth. The word is truth.

Jer 31:31-33 the NEW Covenant in the OT.
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Gal 1:6-9 only ONE Gospel and that Gospel "was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

Thus... the point remains

What remains is your consistent handling of the word of God. .

Well I can't argue with that.

(Normally I would say something like "the mere quote of the text is sufficient cause to give rise to strong objection to it")

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In Gal 3:8 Paul says
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Paul said and meant

Yep and he said that just after reminding us that there is "only ONE Gospel".

Gal 1:6-9
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

It is that "one gospel" of Gal 1 that is preached to Abraham in Gal 3:8

Gal 1:6-9 does not support your argument, you're looking for words

Reading that Gal 1 text above is being left as a trivial task for the reader.

You are of course welcomed to object.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Repeating errors leads some people away from truth.
In Jer 31:31-34 The New covenant is identified as unlike the covenant made coming out of Egypt. .

So then... "lets read" the New Covenant and not merely "talk around it" - in the case of both Jer 31:31-33 -- AND Hebrews 8:6-11

Jer 31
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

just as we find it in Hebrews 8 --- UNCHANGED in NT from OT

Heb 8:7-12
“Behold, days are coming, says the Lord,
When I will effect a new covenant
With the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
9 Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers
On the day when I took them by the hand
To lead them out of the land of Egypt;
For they did not continue in My covenant,
And I did not care for them, says the Lord.
10 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
After those days, says the Lord:
I will put My laws into their minds,
And I will write them on their hearts
And I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.
11 “And they shall not teach everyone his fellow citizen,
And everyone his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’
For all will know Me,
From the least to the greatest of them.
12 “For I will be merciful to their iniquities,
And I will remember their sins no more.”

=======================

Unchanged from OT to NT

And of course not in the form "I will abolish My LAWs and NOT write them on their heart and mind" as I am sure we can all see.

The New Covenant is not the law and you know it.

When we read "the actual words" in the new covenant as shown above - the point... remains.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
No one in and of ourselves is righteous. Jesus presents us as righteous before the Throne of God. He is our Redeemer. Do you think you can pull yourself up by your bootstraps?

Just remember where there is no law there is no sin. The ritual laws of the Sinai covenant including the weekly Sabbath requirement ceased to command the Israelites at Calvary. Laws dealing with morality have been forever.
And there are 10 "moral" laws.. strange that the Lord included the Sabbath in the midst of these. Stranger still is that it also contains His Mark.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep and he said that just after reminding us that there is "only ONE Gospel".

Gal 1:6-9
6 I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!
It is that "one gospel" of Gal 1 that is preached to Abraham in Gal 3:8
Reading that Gal 1 text above is being left as a trivial task for the reader.

You are of course welcomed to object.
Gal 1:6-9 corresponds with Gal 3 where Paul is exposing those who are troubling them with another gospel are telling them that they have to keep the law
Gal 3:1¶O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Gal 3:2 his only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 3:5¶ He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Gal 3:11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13¶Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal 3:15 ¶Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19¶Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

You just don't understand the gospel fact that the law is not of the faith (Gospel.)
Gal 5:18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If you post the definition of sin, you would expose the fact that sin means to miss or to miss the mark.

That's an interpretation, although in my opinion a good one. Sinning simply means missing. You are learning Hebrew. It's difficult to truly understand the Torah, unless you approach it from a Hebrew mindset. The Hebrew mindset expresses ideas in concrete terms, in other words, that which can be perceived with the senses. The Western mindset is abstract. It's built on Greek philosophy. Ideas like faith and hope are abstract concepts. They're not expressions of that which is physical.

You could say that sinning is missing the mark or target, like with an arrow, that travels in a straight path. If you are off the straight path, or off the way; you're missing. If you're off the path YHWH calls you back into his way. The way shows direction.

YHWH told us his way in the Torah. Then he sent his son, who said that he was the way. Yashua told us to follow him as he kept YHWH's way. Then YHWH sent his Ruach Ha'Kodesh to remind us of his way.

(CLV) Jn 14:6
Jesus is saying to him, "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one is coming to the Father except through Me.

(CLV) Ex 18:20
You will warn them with the statutes and the laws and make known to them the way in which they shall go and the deeds which they shall do.

(CLV) Dt 10:12
And now, Israel, what is Yahweh your Elohim asking of you, save to fear Yahweh your Elohim, to walk in all His ways, to love Him and to serve Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul,

(CLV) Jos 22:5
But observe meticulously to keep the instruction and the law that Moses the servant of Yahweh enjoined on you: to love Yahweh your Elohim and to walk in all His ways, to observe His instructions, to cling to Him and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

(CLV) 1Ki 2:3
You will keep the charge of Yahweh your Elohim to walk in His ways, to observe His statutes and His instructions, His ordinances and His testimonies as written in the law of Moses, so that you may act intelligently in all that you do and everywhere that you turn around,

(CLV) Ps 119:1
Happy are those whose way is flawless, Who are walking in the law of Yahweh.

(CLV) Pr 6:23
For instruction is a lamp, and law is a light, And the reproofs of admonition are the way to life,

(CLV) Isa 2:3
Many peoples will come and say: Come, and let us ascend to the Mount of Yahweh, To the house of the Elohim of Jacob; And He shall direct us out of His ways, So that we may indeed walk in His paths. For from Zion shall go forth the law, And the word of Yahweh from Jerusalem.

(CLV) Mal 2:8
Yet you withdraw from the way. You cause many to stumble at the law. You ruin the covenant of Levi, says Yahweh of hosts.

(CLV) Ac 24:14
"Yet I am avowing this to you, that, according to the way which they are terming a sect, thus am I offering divine service to the hereditary God, believing all that is written, according to the law and in the prophets,

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Gal 1:6-9 corresponds with Gal 3 where Paul is exposing those who are troubling them with another gospel are telling them that they have to keep the law
Gal 3:1¶O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Gal 3:2 his only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 3:5¶ He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Gal 3:13¶Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal 3:15 ¶Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19¶Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Paul on the Law: Galatians 3

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟661,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there are 10 "moral" laws.. strange that the Lord included the Sabbath in the midst of these. Stranger still is that it also contains His Mark.
Opinions opinions. The real truth is that God placed a ritual law among nine laws dealing with morality. The Sabbath was a shadow, Jesus is reality. Come unto me and I will give you rest, something Israel never entered into.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Christians are not under the law because Jesus brought the law to an end at Calvary. "It is finished".

Non sequitur

Apparently you don't know what under the law means.

UNDER THE LAW!

Upvote 0