Is the Holy Spirit ever worshiped in Scripture?

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Holy Spirit is God, even as the Father and Son are God.

It is impossible to worship the Father apart from the Son and the Holy Spirit.
It is impossible to worship the Son apart from the Father and the Holy Spirit.
It is impossible to worship the Holy Spirit apart from the Father and the Son.

Every time Scripture speaks of the worship of God, the Holy Spirit is included, because He's God.
Every time Scripture speaks of the worship of the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit are included, because it is impossible to separate the Three, the Three are One.
Every time Scripture speaks of the worship of the Son, the Father and the Holy Spirit are included, because--again--it is impossible to separate the Three.

It doesn't matter that we don't every see worship "separately" given to the Holy Spirit, all right worship is worship of the Holy Spirit. When we sing hymns to God, it is to the Holy Spirit we sing. When we sing hymns that speak of the Father alone, we still are praising the Son who is eternally begotten of the Father, and the Holy Spirit who is eternally proceeding from the Father [and the Son]. And so on.

So the Nicene Creed truly, and faithfully, and biblically states: "We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver-of-Life ... and with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified"

I worship the Holy Spirit, because He is my God and Lord. Even as Jesus Christ is my God and Lord, and the Father is my God and Lord.

For we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity, neither confusing the Persons nor dividing the Being. The Father is Lord, the Son is Lord, and the Holy Spirit is Lord, not three lords, but one Lord. Not three gods, but one God. Not three eternals, but one Eternal.

Sh'ma Yisrael, YHWH Eloheinu YHWH Echad.
Hear O Israel, YHWH our God, YHWH is One.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0