• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Is the Great Flood of the Bible literal or symbolic.

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Sky, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Literal worldwide flood

2. Literal local flood

3. Symbolic

4. Don't believe in the Bible

5. Tired of my silly polls

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chris H

Chris H Member

+0
    Agnostic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Maybe he will. I've seen quite a few people change their minds.

Chris :wave:

2. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,764
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I agree.

And, I've seen many people take a new look on Christianity, in it's most basic form. That is, a simple belief and a willingness to let Christ into your heart. Hopefully, this wiil happen to many who participate in these discussions. :)

3. Duane Morse

Duane Morse Well-Known Member

+7
    Oh, I can accept real science.
    What I have a hard time with is data that can be viewed in a different way that no one cares to examine.
    So I am no scientist, and I have never been published. Big deal. The data is what I am trying to present so maybe one of you know-it-all big brains can maybe see something in it.
    You do not want to, so oh well.
    See ya

4. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,764
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    This is a huge misunderstanding, Duane. The published scientists have absolutely nothing to do with you or me. The implication was not that since you are not published, you are to be discounted in conversation. Far from it.

'Published scientists' is used as a reference point for this discussion. That's all.

I hope you will understand this. :)

John

5. Duane Morse

+7
    Sure, but what has that got to do with evaluating this data in this manner?
    Why do not you or anyone else care to examine it to see if maybe I really have something?
    You all just rant and rave that I am nuts, not in those words, but...

6. Hank

Hank has the Right to be wrong

+50
    Atheist
    CA-Conservatives
    It's Todkopf. Deadhead would be 'Totenkopf'

Hellman's is a popular mayonnaise in Toronto, do you think we eat mayonnaise from Hell?

7. Sky

Sky Active Member

+0
    lol

8. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,764
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    What you don't understand is that all the points you bring up, have already been looked at, tested, and found wanting.

9. Duane Morse

+7
    The ice core data has been evaluated, tested, and found wanting?
    By whom?

10. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,764
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Who said that?

I'll give 100 blessing points to the first person who correctly states the chronological span of ice core analysis. ;)

11. Sky

Sky Active Member

+0
    Duane Morse

12. Sky

Sky Active Member

+0
    5,000 years

13. Duane Morse

+7
    What you don't understand is that all the points you bring up, have already been looked at, tested, and found wanting.
    Is what you said.
    I have been trying to make the point that an ice core from Greenland, one which the scientists think has never gone through a melt cycle so therefore is a complete and unbroken ice record for the time it covers, is better shown on a 6000 year span than on a 110,000 year span.
    And that it shows the most major events of both the Biblical account of history and of the history portrayed by the scientists of recent history.

By your last post you seem to agree with me that the time span of ice cores is somewhat questionable. So what is wrong with evaluating this data on a much shorter time scale than previously thought was correct?

This core graph clearly shows a huge spike at the time of Babel, and is probably the pole shift that is spoken of in the Bible.

I really think you are all too afraid to look at it that way because it will turn everything upside down in the scientific community.

14. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,764
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Time's up. :D

15. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,764
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    [​IMG]

16. Duane Morse

+7
    Time's up for what?

17. Sky

Sky Active Member

+0
    Answering his question.

18. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,764
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I'll try to get a better graphics.

19. Duane Morse

+7
    So is there a point to make with the graphic?

20. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,764
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    [​IMG]