Islam Is the God of the Bible the Same as Allah?

Is the God of the Bible the Same as Allah?

• Yahweh -No Allah No Jesus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DWA2DAY

convictions are worse Enemies of Truth than Lies!
Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So many choices to choose from. ..
sorry want to keep it simple.
interesting though in the thread the Muslims claim the Jews accept Allah as there God verse Jesus.

Any Comment?

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs.PGL
Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The detailed descriptions of the Judeo-Christian God and Allah are rather different. So different that mistaking one for the other is impossible.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I picked "yes", because that's closest to my view, but some religions don't include worshipping a God (Buddhism stands out), and some religions (Hinduism, e.g.) view the Divine very differently from the monotheistic religions, so "he is worshipped in all religions" is overly simplistic.

I'm comfortable saying that the one God is worshipped by all of the monotheistic faiths.

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I picked "yes", because that's closest to my view, but some religions don't include worshipping a God (Buddhism stands out), and some religions (Hinduism, e.g.) view the Divine very differently from the monotheistic religions, so "he is worshipped in all religions" is overly simplistic.

I'm comfortable saying that the one God is worshipped by all of the monotheistic faiths.
Yes this is what I meant all monotheistic faiths. However I can not edit it.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, in the sense that Allah simply means God in Arabic, so Arabic speaking Christians refer to God as Allah. Whether or not Muslims are worshiping the same God as Christians and Jews, and just developed some strange ideas, from my study of Islam and it's history, you could make a solid argument for both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Yes, in the sense that Allah simply means God in Arabic, so Arabic speaking Christians refer to God as Allah. Whether or not Muslims are worshiping the same God as Christians and Jews, and just developed some strange ideas, from my study of Islam and it's history, you could make a solid argument for both.

No, the God of the Bible has a Son, but Allah has no son. Therefore, not the same being.

This is a poll so if not done so please vote, to enter the discussion please go to the thread below
Islam - Are Allah and God of the Bible the same Person?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
So you don't worship the God of the Jews then, as He also has no Begotten Son :)

Jesus was the fulfillment of the promised Messiah, as such, the Christian church is the extension of the plan of God revealed in the Old Testament. Therefore, I do follow the God of the Old Testament and the New Testament, as they are one in the same.

The 'God of the Jews' is in reality also the God of the gentiles. Claims that misrepresent Him as having no Son, due to a rejection of His Messiah, are just false accusations.

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was the fulfillment of the promised Messiah, as such, the Christian church is the extension of the plan of God revealed in the Old Testament. Therefore, I do follow the God of the Old Testament and the New Testament, as they are one in the same.

The 'God of the Jews' is in reality also the God of the gentiles. Claims that misrepresent Him as having no Son, due to a rejection of His Messiah, are just false accusations.

A expected Messiah who would come, gather the Jews to Palestine, defeat his enemies, rebuild the Temple and re-instate sin sacrifices is a far cry from God having a begotten son, or sending someone to die for the sins of another. Both assertions clearly go against the teachings of the Torah.

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you don't worship the God of the Jews then, as He also has no Begotten Son :)

A expected Messiah who would come, gather the Jews to Palestine, defeat his enemies, rebuild the Temple and re-instate sin sacrifices is a far cry from God having a begotten son, or sending someone to die for the sins of another. Both assertions clearly go against the teachings of the Torah.

You know full well that the Jews rejected the Messiah. This is there choice in the same manner Muslims reject Jesus as the Son of God. The fact that Jews and Muslims can not read with understanding or have the insight of Yahweh plan of salvation in the Old Testament and see that it is fulfilled in the new testament is something you need to deal with.

You have already show your content with the scripture of the bible and proven if it does not conform to the Quran it false. We accept you view. Please accept ours.

Regards Doug
PS Thanks for the vote.

Upvote 0