Is the fourth horseman riding?

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
In my opinion, no.

I think God's endgame is going to be a phantasmagoria of events, which will be hail down on us like a dramatic painting.

I don't think lounging around for six weeks in front of NetFlix, awaiting "the end" is in His plan. But then, that's just an opinion.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The fourth horseman is a pale horse named death, and seems to occur at the time of the fourth and fifth seal being broken. Is this what is happening now?
I think it would have felt more that way back when we didn't have so many medicines or good hospitals. Think the Black Death or even the Spanish Flu. We actually are much better off this time around as far as being able to fight back, so I think this specific event is probably not the fourth horseman. Though it is unique in the way it effects the whole world. The Spanish Flu was close, but I don't think it reached the remotest islands, as far I know. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We aren't in the tribulation period yet, so no ( also in my opinion). If you're around during the great tribulation you won't believe or comprehend the mess that makes.
Something like we're seeing could launch us into that time though. If we are in the end of the end times game at all right now it would be the birth pains period, pre tribulation,a foreshadowing of things to come. By the way, that isn't to say it couldn't come quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The fourth horseman is a pale horse named death, and seems to occur at the time of the fourth and fifth seal being broken. Is this what is happening now?

Wait, what happened to #3?

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wait, what happened to #3?

Horseman numero tres is Famine. Famine is notable for speaking, putting high prices for wheat and barley but mentioning that wine and oil shouldn't be damaged.
The prices of booze have been cheap for years now, but gasoline has recently dropped significantly in price. Lately there seems to be concerns of famine as well. If we were to assume that these are signs that Famine has come, then horseman numero cuatro (Death) should be the next one coming.

As for whether this current situation is Death... I'm more inclined to think that its Famine at the moment, but I doubt it'll be long before Death rides up. But that's just my two cents on it.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oxfam says this- "Today, the world stands on the brink of unprecedented famines. About 30 million people are experiencing alarming hunger, severe levels of food insecurity and malnutrition in north-eastern Nigeria, South Sudan, Somalia, and Yemen. 10 million of them are facing emergency and famine conditions. Famine is already likely happening in parts of northern Nigeria, while Yemen and Somalia are on the brink. Thanks to aid efforts, it has been pushed back in South Sudan but the food crisis continues to spread across the country."

I guess to be considered true famine it would mean no aid, empty shelves and would be felt everywhere. I agree with the other people here who say one could quickly bring about the others.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The end of the age is likened to birth pangs that ultimately result in the birth of the man child. From my understanding, never having given birth myself, women will have Braxton Hicks contractions, so it can be hard to determine when the real labor pains have started. Jesus described this saying there would be earthquakes, wars and rumors of wars but the end is not yet.

One woman described the real labor pains as "The pain is like having your insides twisted, pulled, and squeezed. If I fought it, the pain became worse. Once I surrendered to and accepted the pain, it was more bearable. It is like getting caught in the undertow of a wave. Being trapped underwater is scary – you can fight it and get more scared or you can just let go and wait until the wave releases you. Also, there was an intense searing pain in my lower back, which was helped when my husband applied pressure to it."

Another woman described the labor pains as "I would consider labor pains as menstrual cramps multiplied by a million."

Based on that I would say is this Pandemic "similar to a typical Flu multiplied by a million"? Would you say that you just have to surrender to the shut down and stop fighting it?

In this analogy the mortgage crisis a few years ago was simply a Braxton Hicks contraction. So if this really is the tribulation then the depression and financial collapse caused by this virus will be much worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 29, 2019
Tempe, AZ
✟8,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It is an interesting question where the answers will depend somewhat on one's specific teachings and denominational tradition. My Sunday School and subsequent scriptural teaching adhered to the "historical metaphorical" tradition, in which The Book of Revelations in general and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse were specific metaphors invoked by John of Patmos in response to the oppression of the Roman Empire. I still subscribe to the essence of those lessons since the historical and theological evidence has if anything become even more solid over the last century. The Empire at the time (under the rule of Domitian) had become singularly awful even by the standards of its horrid then-recent history, and Christians suffered some of the worst persecution they'd endured. John himself had lost everything he'd worked for and been exiled to Patmos, and for historians familiar with the period, the imagery and references in Revelation have clear parallels to that period of the Roman Empire, with John effectively sending a rousing message of liberation from its oppressive yoke. So to me, the fourth horseman has always been linked to some of the more totalitarian policies of Domitian's time that herded the poor and conscience-driven believers (particularly Christians) into terrible conditions that made them vulnerable to pestilence and death--while at the same time, breaking the authority of the Empire and making the truth and comfort of Jesus' words ever more apparent. Thus I've never been particularly keen about linking any of the Horsemen John described with contemporary events, he clearly had a more specific period (and liberation of people) in mind.

With that said, I won't deny that the general vibe, I suppose one could say, feels eerily apropos right now. I've worked in both medical and military contexts before and seen some horrible things, yet even in my case and for my fellow soldiers, COVID-19 is scaring the living daylights out of us. It really does seem like one of those Biblical scourges but even worse in some of the things it can do. Not sure how much you all have been able to keep up with the latest medical news, but recent findings are showing this coronavirus is far worse than a respiratory disease, it's also doing hideous things to the blood, kidneys, skin, eyes, heart, liver and who knows what else. And even more frightening, we're now finding that it is in fact, doing great harm to kids, has a far higher mortality rate than previously thought (a lot of deaths from things like heart attacks and pulmonary embolisms without pneumonia, are now known to be caused by COVID-19), even the most optimistic doctors are saying even the best vaccines won't work so well and the treatments will be subpar, there's little immunity and it re-infects people, and it spreads even faster and more vigorously than we thought before. I read some old stories about the Spanish flu and plague and there's no doubt those were terrifying. But there's something even scarier about COVID-19 and the range of ways it can hurt you, how insidious it is (it kills or damages tissues sometimes months after infection), the way it's imitating HIV and can hitchhike and spread itself with our modern transportation and technology. So I guess in some ways COVID-19 really is starting to shape up as a kind of literal manifestation of the tribulations in the Scriptures, except even more horrible in its specifics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Oxfam says this- "Today, the world stands on the brink of unprecedented famines. About 30 million people are experiencing alarming hunger, severe levels of food insecurity and malnutrition in north-eastern Nigeria, South Sudan, Somalia, and Yemen. 10 million of them are facing emergency and famine conditions. Famine is already likely happening in parts of northern Nigeria, while Yemen and Somalia are on the brink. Thanks to aid efforts, it has been pushed back in South Sudan but the food crisis continues to spread across the country."

I guess to be considered true famine it would mean no aid, empty shelves and would be felt everywhere. I agree with the other people here who say one could quickly bring about the others.

I believe famines coming everywhere very soon. God bless.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe famines coming everywhere very soon. God bless.
What about volcanoes?Things might start to look almost unfamiliar, and hard to believe. I worry but have faith at the same time.

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What about volcanoes?Things might start to look almost unfamiliar, and hard to believe. I worry but have faith at the same time.

Yes I have to say that I didn’t know that I need to live in this kind of world about three years ago.(I thought this kind of stuff which is happening right now would be much much more in the distant future)
I can’t recognise my country anymore and things have been going downhill from the 90’s. And weather has become so strange.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Before the sixth seal it's all just speculation anyway - it becomes obvious at that point.

Of course, if all the apparent signs are manufactured as a distraction, then a staged alien invasion would be the next step in the plan.

However, it is quite genius, make the faithful think the world is really ending so they don't pray so the greedy overlords have a change of heart. Since it's the end, it is assumed such prayers are pointless right?

Quite the scheme.

Upvote 0