Is The Flow Of Drugs From the South An Emergency?

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
all the posts about airplanes and ships. Bypassing a static wall. Seem to have some merit. But isn't the wall about more than just narcotics. Isn't it about illegal immigration also?
It's also about satiating deep seated fears of change and "the others" coming into the country.

• Winner
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
By listening to the President and reading his tweets. It's all about the Caravans, always the Caravans.
And of course, the Caravans are scary because they bring with them fresh, new Democratic voters!

That's the real fear here.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And of course, the Caravans are scary because they bring with them fresh, new Democratic voters!

That's the real fear here.

...and completely unsupported.

If new citizens vote Democrat, the Republican Party has no-one but itself to blame.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,176.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why don't you ask all of the people who have died

More arguments for a democratic administration to declare health care an emergency in 2021. At least if that's the standard for what's a national emergency and one wants to be consistent.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The illegal drug trade and the violence it creates is a problem, just like the illegal alcohol trade and the violence it created was a problem during our first experiment with prohibition. It can be resolved in a similar manner.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More arguments for a democratic administration to declare health care an emergency in 2021. At least if that's the standard for what's a national emergency and one wants to be consistent.

Given the clown-car pool of Democrat hopefuls, I seriously doubt a democrat administration in 2021.

However your comment is revealing. Do you actually believe providing 'free' health care for everyone will serve in any fashion to curb or curtail the import, distribution, or use of illegal narcotics from south of our border?

What is implied by your statement is a sentiment of true callous disregard for those who suffer as a direct result of the drug trade, a philosophy which is, of course, already in practice. Hey all of you users, just keep using, its ok, no problem! And if you overdose and manage to live long enough to be found by law enforcement or someone from EMS, we got your trip to the hospital covered! Aren't we virtuous?

I am not saying that is how you feel. I am only saying that is what your comment implies.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Given the clown-car pool of Democrat hopefuls, I seriously doubt a democrat administration in 2021.

However your comment is revealing. Do you actually believe providing 'free' health care for everyone will serve in any fashion to curb or curtail the import, distribution, or use of illegal narcotics from south of our border?
Neither will The Wall.

What is implied by your statement is a sentiment of true callous disregard for those who suffer as a direct result of the drug trade, a philosophy which is, of course, already in practice. Hey all of you users, just keep using, its ok, no problem! And if you overdose and manage to live long enough to be found by law enforcement or someone from EMS, we got your trip to the hospital covered! Aren't we virtuous?
What is implied by your comment is that criminalizing drug addicts is a more effective way of solving the problem than decriminalizing drug use and treating addiction as a medical problem.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is implied by your comment is that criminalizing drug addicts is a more effective way of solving the problem than decriminalizing drug use and treating addiction as a medical problem.

This exist an old adage I first heard many years ago and subsequently attempted to consistently live my life by. In regard to you nothing in the following statement is either intended or implied, it is simply the statement to which I refer: "Life is hard, but it is even harder if you are stupid."

What I learned over the years is for those in the latter category, life also tends to be short.

Inherent in liberal ideology is a desire, by many who practice liberal ideology, to simply legalize narcotics including but not limited to heroin, cocaine or opium. Whatever, because that will solve the problem. That belief is wrong. If you have any desire to solve the problem the first step is to stop glamorizing the use of such drugs and stop encouraging the use of such drugs. You do not cure an addict by giving them free reign to indulge their addiction, which is all granting free health care to addicts in regard to their addiction will accomplish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
This exist an old adage I first heard many years ago and subsequently attempted to consistently live my life by. In regard to you nothing in the following statement is either intended or implied, it is simply the statement to which I refer: "Life is hard, but it is even harder if you are stupid."

What I learned over the years is for those in the latter category, life also tends to be short.

Inherent in liberal ideology is a desire, by many who practice liberal ideology, to simply legalize narcotics including but not limited to heroin, cocaine or opium. Whatever, because that will solve the problem. That belief is wrong. If you have any desire to solve the problem the first step is to stop glamorizing the use of such drugs and stop encouraging the use of such drugs. You do not cure an addict by giving them free reign to indulge their addiction, which is all granting free health care to addicts in regard to their addiction will accomplish.
Right. Drug addiction is just moral weakness and needs to be punished.

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Making up lurid stories about other people's beliefs is losing hand.
Many people have been elected on that “loosing hand”.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it's them saying what we all know, that more manning, better technology and appropriate barriers where necessary would help them control the border more effectively. I understand that there may be a few Trumpian sycophants in the Border Patrol who support the idea of of a Wall, but most of them don't want it.

I'm not sure what a 'Trumpian sycophant' is, but it seems more than a few are in support of a barrier in places that are vulnerable. Then you have concentrate you manpower in more dangerous areas in which a barrier wouldn't be able to be. I have heard about that approach since the beginning, but this 2,000 mile wall has never been brought up by the border control. Yet, you hear it in the news all the time. Which of course seems to confuse what they are indeed asking for.

I would love to see the technology people are talking about, because it would help no doubt. Yet, we can't even get up to date technology in rural parts of the USA - so to bring it to the desert? I'm not sure how that would work. We have a HUGE digital divide within the country itself, and no one can figure out how to fix that...yet we will bring it to desert. If that is possible? I hope it helps other parts of the country. Although, knowing government? It will be a boondoggle.

The Present Emergency is not about the flow of illegal drugs into this country. That would really qualify as an Emergency, if the president wanted to declare it that way. The emergency is about the president wanting to build a concrete monolith which would do little to stem the flow of drugs.

It is more than drugs. Anyone that has been paying attention to this debate know it too. I mean it's really not that hard to figure out. You do realize they aren't building/replacing anything with concrete walls right? That information has been out there for the public for more than a year now.

The barrier or border security also is about stories like this from a local news station
in New Mexico.

This location - along with others - are vulnerable. They already have major issues that are being ignored. The country is not stepping up to their responsibility to the citizens there, and the one story about having her employee kidnapped? Notice that wasn't on the national news. The whole border of course isn't like this, but we do need to address the parts that are.

We can't do it when people aren't allowed to debate it, because people seem to be unable to take their political hatred out the picture. Look at their barrier there. Farmers and ranchers have better setup's to keep livestock in. Yet, according to this debate? It's perfectly acceptable. Yet, its not.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what a 'Trumpian sycophant' is, but it seems more than a few are in support of a barrier in places that are vulnerable. Then you have concentrate you manpower in more dangerous areas in which a barrier wouldn't be able to be. I have heard about that approach since the beginning, but this 2,000 mile wall has never been brought up by the border control. Yet, you hear it in the news all the time. Which of course seems to confuse what they are indeed asking for.

I would love to see the technology people are talking about, because it would help no doubt. Yet, we can't even get up to date technology in rural parts of the USA - so to bring it to the desert? I'm not sure how that would work. We have a HUGE digital divide within the country itself, and no one can figure out how to fix that...yet we will bring it to desert. If that is possible? I hope it helps other parts of the country. Although, knowing government? It will be a boondoggle.

It is more than drugs. Anyone that has been paying attention to this debate know it too. I mean it's really not that hard to figure out. You do realize they aren't building/replacing anything with concrete walls right? That information has been out there for the public for more than a year now.

The barrier or border security also is about stories like this from a local news station
in New Mexico.

This location - along with others - are vulnerable. They already have major issues that are being ignored. The country is not stepping up to their responsibility to the citizens there, and the one story about having her employee kidnapped? Notice that wasn't on the national news. The whole border of course isn't like this, but we do need to address the parts that are.

We can't do it when people aren't allowed to debate it, because people seem to be unable to take their political hatred out the picture. Look at their barrier there. Farmers and ranchers have better setup's to keep livestock in. Yet, according to this debate? It's perfectly acceptable. Yet, its not.
Yes the border security problem can be addressed in the sensible ways you outline. Certainly the Democrats are not against it. They've even voted money for it. It's the Great Wall of Trump they oppose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the border security problem can be addressed in the sensible ways you outline. Certainly the Democrats are not against it. They've even voted money for it. It's the Great Wall of Trump they oppose.

Yet, you don't hear that on the news do you? Not really. Barely in fact. It's hardly being addressed at all. We hear more about the Great Wall of Trump with as much Malice and sarcasm as they can draw out. That's not journalism.

Speak about the reality of this circumstance instead. At least they would look sensible.

They should be speaking about that town in New Mexico that the news story covered. That would make more logical sense, but they don't. Grandstanding that all them show in front of the cameras? lol GOP included there! Is much more important to talk about. They act like they are in a race to be the most popular high school clic compared to concerned governmental officials.

I have been watching news programs in Mexico - and other countries down south. They speak of organizers that are lying to the people of these countries, and lifting hopes of a better life to get them to march with them. Anyone can find them on youtube, and they have them translated to English. Then you have reporters down there that speak in English as well. How it is a humanitarian crisis, and they are trying to find ways to stop these people themselves. These poor individuals are being used, and the media down there are talking about it.

Why they are NOT covering it here in the states? I guess they don't have enough airtime after all the snide remarks that aren't news are done with. It's called lazy journalism, and I think people would be highly concerned if they knew about it. Honestly - people from all walks of life and political views would be concerned if it was aired nationally the way it is down there. I have seen very few news stations report on this. They are highly concerned about this crisis, and yet we get reporting that there isn't any crisis.

We could address the concerns over the border sensibly if we were told more than what is being reported. The media is being very irresponsible, and I can't one - left or right - that is truly addressing this. People have no idea what is really happening down there. Sadly, you hear more about what they claim isn't.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yet, you don't hear that on the news do you? Not really. Barely in fact. It's hardly being addressed at all. We hear more about the Great Wall of Trump with as much Malice and sarcasm as they can draw out.
The Great Wall of Trump deserves all of the malice and sarcasm we can muster.
That's not journalism.

Speak about the reality of this circumstance instead. At least they would look sensible.

They should be speaking about that town in New Mexico that the news story covered. That would make more logical sense, but they don't. Grandstanding that all them show in front of the cameras? lol GOP included there! Is much more important to talk about. They act like they are in a race to be the most popular high school clic compared to concerned governmental officials.

I have been watching news programs in Mexico - and other countries down south. They speak of organizers that are lying to the people of these countries, and lifting hopes of a better life to get them to march with them. Anyone can find them on youtube, and they have them translated to English. Then you have reporters down there that speak in English as well. How it is a humanitarian crisis, and they are trying to find ways to stop these people themselves. These poor individuals are being used, and the media down there are talking about it.

Why they are NOT covering it here in the states? I guess they don't have enough airtime after all the snide remarks that aren't news are done with. It's called lazy journalism, and I think people would be highly concerned if they knew about it. Honestly - people from all walks of life and political views would be concerned if it was aired nationally the way it is down there. I have seen very few news stations report on this. They are highly concerned about this crisis, and yet we get reporting that there isn't any crisis.

We could address the concerns over the border sensibly if we were told more than what is being reported. The media is being very irresponsible, and I can't one - left or right - that is truly addressing this. People have no idea what is really happening down there. Sadly, you hear more about what they claim isn't.
I think you need new media. None of that is news to anyone who is paying the least bit of attention.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Great Wall of Trump deserves all of the malice and sarcasm we can muster.

If you wish to divert from the true concern for the poor individuals that this affects SURE! Which of course is a problem, but HEY if all people can handle is malice? It sure does say alot about their so called moral concerns, or rather their lack thereof.

I think you need new media. None of that is news to anyone who is paying the least bit of attention.

I read plenty of sources from all over the field. I don't play the partian thing. It's a waste of time, because you never get the whole story. You have to read plenty of different sources before you get a decent picture of things. They all tell you little bits and pieces that they others don't tell you. It's really sad that you have to go to so many sources to get the whole store.

If the manipulation of those people were as well known as you claim? You would see a lot more outrage from all different circles. What is even sadder is they get taken advantage of once they hit their destination as well. There are to many people that don't know this, or if they do? They just have a very odd response to other's suffering. They do say there is no crisis there, and clearly you have great numbers of people in crisis.

Upvote 0