Is the end closer than we think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Your argument is very weak. Even if everyone on planet earth is embedded with this so called "chip" or whatever else you think it may be, how will that stop me from having my neighbor's kid mow my yard for a glass of lemonade? Your argument just collapsed!

Pericles, your response to my post is irrelavent at best.

Depending on the age of the child, he may have already been raptured, you will have to find an unbelieving accountable person, that person will be there to mow your lawn.

And he will gladly accept your glass of lemonade that you bought with your embedded mark. :) Although I doubt a glass of Lemonade will get your lawn mowed. :p

People may be able to make person to person monetary transactions with personalized coupons redeemable at banks, and only by the person who the coupon is written to. Before this coupon is honored, you will have to show your mark.
Otherwise all business transactions will be a scannable barcode operation, just like credit card.

After the rapture, people will realize raptured people are missing, and the antichrist will fool them into believing in some theory, and the unbelievers will wonder after this leader(beast) and see the mark as humanities salvation(because monetary theft and other crimes such as fraud will be gone or reduced), the believers in Christ and the ones that refuse this mark at this point will be prosecuted and seen as criminals, this crime will be considered treason and by this time may result in the death penalty.

Upvote 0

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Badfish

People may be able to make person to person monetary transactions with personalized coupons redeemable at banks, and only by the person who the coupon is written to. Before this coupon is honored, you will have to show your mark.
Otherwise all business transactions will be a scannable barcode operation, just like credit card.

Talk about irrelevant answers, where are you getting this stuff? Where does the bible talk about cupons, banks, and barcode operations? Show me where the Bible talks about any of this...references, inspired writings, not what Tim LaHaye thinks.

Upvote 0

Pericles, your response to my post is irrelavent at best.

Depending on the age of the child, he may have already been raptured, you will have to find an unbelieving accountable person, that person will be there to mow your lawn.

And he will gladly accept your glass of lemonade that you bought with your embedded mark. :) Although I doubt a glass of Lemonade will get your lawn mowed. :p

After the rapture, people will realize raptured people are missing, and the antichrist will fool them into believing in some theory, and the unbelievers will wonder after this leader(beast) and see the mark as humanities salvation(because monetary theft and other crimes such as fraud will be gone or reduced), the believers in Christ and the ones that refuse this mark at this point will be prosecuted and seen as criminals, this crime will be considered treason and by this time may result in the death penalty.

Yep, they will be beheaded.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Pericles,

This is my theory. I think you know the bible well enough that I don't have to throw scripture at you.

The author of this thread believes in the end times prophesies, so please try to stay on topic and not cloud the issue. I don't want this thread to turn into an preterist/futurist debate, there are enough threads like that here for you to participate in.

Now if you have proof or information relevant to the authors question, please feel free to continue. :)

Upvote 0

Pericles

Christian
May 21, 2002
Dayton, Ohio
Visit site
✟702.00
Faith
Christian
Pericles,

This is my theory. I think you know the bible well enough that I don't have to throw scripture at you.

The author of this thread believes in the end times prophesies, so please try to stay on topic and not cloud the issue. I don't want this thread to turn into an preterist/futurist debate, there are enough threads like that here for you to participate in.

Now if you have proof or information relevant to the authors question, please feel free to continue. :)

Fair enough, I assume you are unable to provide evidence or answers to my questions, thus I'll stop "clouding" this thread...

Upvote 0

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Since we want to stay on topic...and the topic is speculation on whether or not some future technology is the Mark of the Beast. Let me just comment that this is all speculation. Chips implanted into body parts, Christians being beheaded...etc. This thread is merely speculation based on assumptions. None of these things are stated in Revelation.

My official answer is "no", these chips, nor any future super chips will be the Mark of the Beast.

-A

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Originally posted by Pericles

This is simply amazing to me. Here you are, using a computer connected to the internet to post messages about the mark of the beast. Are you aware that your computer has a unique number assigned to it called an IP address? What makes you think that number is not the mark of the beast? This mark of the beast business is out of control...it has nothing to do with computer chips and other imaginary technology that has yet to be invented...

I think you are missunderstanding what I was trying to say. I made no mention of any numbers, but yes I did say I
think it's the mark of the beast. I do not depend on my computer or even think it could save my life. the computer chip is being marketed as a way to save your life, and keep you safe. I think accepting this chip would be marking myself as someone who didn't trust in God to take of me.

to me it boils down to two choices...

One: Trust in God and him only
Two: Trust a computer chip to save my life and keep me safe

The answer is simple to me.
The choice is ours to make and I feel I'm making the right one.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by armothe
Since we want to stay on topic...and the topic is speculation on whether or not some future technology is the Mark of the Beast. Let me just comment that this is all speculation. Chips implanted into body parts, Christians being beheaded...etc. This thread is merely speculation based on assumptions. None of these things are stated in Revelation.

My official answer is "no", these chips, nor any future super chips will be the Mark of the Beast.

-A

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Upvote 0

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by Kelier

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing this out.

-A

I will, however; remain that chips being inserted into body parts is still speculation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
(sigh)

Before we lose our imagination on what the "mark" of the beast is, why not figure out exactly <what> the beast is, so it's number or name can be correctly identified?

No it is not a bar code.
Or a drivers lisence number.
Or a chip implant.
Or a coupon.
Or a bank account number.

Remember what Jesus said about earthly needs? We are told not to worry about what we will eat or what we will wear BECAUSE MY FATHER KNOWS THAT YOU HAVE NEEDS OF THESE THINGS!

Live accordingly.
Be careful not to get swept away by wealth or greed,
which may very well <be> the mark spoken of, if that is the only thing in your mind and in your heart.

It's spiritual folks.

Keep Gods words in your mind (as two frontlets between your eyes) so that they may bind you to him. Dueteronomy.

Wildfire

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by GraftMeIn

I think you are missunderstanding what I was trying to say. I made no mention of any numbers, but yes I did say I
think it's the mark of the beast. I do not depend on my computer or even think it could save my life. the computer chip is being marketed as a way to save your life, and keep you safe. I think accepting this chip would be marking myself as someone who didn't trust in God to take of me.

I don't really think this argument fits -- you can say the same things about policemen, firemen, and soldiers. Also, I'm still waiting to see how an ID chip will have 666 on every one.

One: Trust in God and him only
Two: Trust a computer chip to save my life and keep me safe

So you would not trust a fireman to save your family from a burning house? Say, "Well, don't worry. I trust God to save them."

-Chris

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Good question Brian; one that I have thought hard on. The first reaction is "goods" but it doesn't say that. It simply states that one cannot buy or sell, save he that had the mark of the beast or the number of his name.
There also is no discrimination; rich, poor, free, and bond.

I have also noticed that the word "worship" is greatly emphasized throughout this chapter; and that those who worship the beast, also make an image unto <it>. Because it's deadly wound was healed.
Makes me wonder.

Wildfire

Upvote 0

Shaggy

Nov 28, 2001
Michigan
✟423.00
No it is not a bar code.
Or a drivers lisence number.
Or a chip implant.
Or a coupon.
Or a bank account number.

Oh, so you can see the future? You have absolutely no basis for saying HOW the Mark can be implemented. If it's not a chip what is it a brand with no function?

You have no idea how it's going to be implemented, no one does, but it is reasonable to speculate that the Mark will be of a technology capable of Global tracking and Global information.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by Shaggy

Oh, so you can see the future? You have absolutely no basis for saying HOW the Mark can be implemented. If it's not a chip what is it a brand with no function?

I realize you aren't perhaps referring to my quote, but I'd much like to reply regardless.

I understand that perhaps you are not familiar with my beliefs regarding eschatology, since this post is guided towards the mark of the beast.

I am a Christian who holds the doctrinal belief that the "Second Coming" has already happened. (also known as Preterism) (For more info click here)

Because Preterists believe Christ's kingdom on earth is already established, I believe the mark of the beast has come and gone (67-70AD).

Because we know this, we do indeed have a basis for the statement that *nothing* in the future will be the Mark of the Beast.

I apologize for not making these/my views clear earlier.

-A

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Originally posted by kern

I don't really think this argument fits -- you can say the same things about policemen, firemen, and soldiers. Also, I'm still waiting to see how an ID chip will have 666 on every one.

So you would not trust a fireman to save your family from a burning house? Say, &quot;Well, don't worry. I trust God to save them.&quot;

-Chris

The chips work the same as a bar code. only difference is they use radio frequency to read it instead of light. and instead being stored externaly it's stored internaly.

I would Trust that God would have gotten me out of the house safely before the firemen ever got there :)

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Shaggy, no I do not know the future, I am not trying to predict anything. My concern arises when I read posts from those who believe that they will be punished because of the advances in technology. I do not believe that God would send a Christian to hell because he recieved an implant because he was blind, or suffered from Alzheimers disease. That is what these implants are being made for. And the same goes for ones social security number; newborn babies cannot help recieving a number at their birth. They have no control over that. I am sure that God understands that.

What I am saying is that it is important to have an intimate, close relationship with God. If he is in our minds, and we Obey His Commandments, then we are sealed with his love. Dueteronomy tells us that >It is a sign between you and me for generations to come.

Wildfire

Upvote 0

Shaggy

Nov 28, 2001
Michigan
✟423.00
Wildfire,
Actually I believe that Christians that are raptured will not be here to see the Mark of the beast or the tribulation.

The unsaved who become Christians that are left behind, after the rapture will have to deal with the mark and the tribulation.

Those who become saved after the rapture will have a second chance at salvation by giving their lives or avoiding the Mark in the name of Jesus. I consider this a second chance for the unraptured.

I do not believe that God would send a Christian to hell because he recieved an implant because he was blind, or suffered from Alzheimers disease.
Well during his younger accountable days he was unsaved and therefore unraptured, so he remains the same as everyone else.

Also I believe, that every man on earth will hear the word and have an ample chance at accepting Jesus as his savior, if he doesn't become saved by the time the rapture rolls around, he will be left behind. He will then be given a second chance at salvation by becoming a martyr in the name of Jesus by refusing the mark and suffering the consequences administered by the Antichrist.

I hope you understand what I have written, I hope everyone does, watch for the signs of the end of days, be prepared and you shall be raptured and spared the Tribulation. And for those of you that may be left behind, remember DO NOT accept any mark administered by any government, die for your Lord!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.