Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I became a Christian I believed in a very old Earth, billions of years etc. But eventually I had to decide whether the Bible was right or wrong. Whether Jesus was wrong when He said Adam and Eve were made in the beginning. Jesus believed in the Old Testament in its entirety and once I had researched this issue, I too came to believe in a young Earth just less than 6000 years old.

So lets go, young or old?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DarylFawcett

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I became a Christian I believed in a very old Earth, billions of years etc. But eventually I had to decide whether the Bible was right or wrong. Whether Jesus was wrong when He said Adam and Eve were made in the beginning. Jesus believed in the Old Testament in its entirety and once I had researched this issue, I too came to believe in a young Earth just less than 6000 years old.

So let go, young or old?

The earth can be show to be young. Fossils that are old earth dated to be older than 65+ MY's have been discovered to contain soft tissue. The tissue should no longer be there if the fossil is that old.

Coal and diamonds contain C14...that should have decayed by now if they are as old as they claim.

Zircon crystals still contain helium that should have leaked out of the crystals if they are that old.

The list that points to a young earth can be rather lengthy.

Upvote 0

scottyp588

Resident of the Cosmos
Feb 22, 2011
Bolivia
✟11,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Age of the Earth

There is a lot of data out there about the age of the earth. Scientist don't just accept the first thing that makes sense and say its true. There is a lot of people around the world doing experiments and test to accurately give us our information.

Short answer: Old Earth

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Age of the Earth

There is a lot of data out there about the age of the earth. Scientist don't just accept the first thing that makes sense and say its true. There is a lot of people around the world doing experiments and test to accurately give us our information.

Short answer: Old Earth

Almost all christians who believe in an old earth also believe in evolutionism. By doing so they deny what the bible says about the creation, fall of Adam as well as Noahs world wide flood.
They also tend to deny what Paul wrote when he said sin and death was the result of one man.

Old earth and bible don't mix at all.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution

So let go, young or old?

Time started with Genesis 1:1

Before time, you should think the Earth was hundreds of millions of years old.

The way it goes to the letter,
is God made dinosaurs, and the world was extremely rainy, because dinosaurs were reptiles, they needed continual rain.
Else their flesh falls off.

then Satan was cast down, and Satan caused the dinosaurs to eat each other.

then God blew on the earth and it froze, and it froze for hundreds of millions of years,
while Satan sat there.. all by himself. It may be better to consider is it hundreds of millions,
or hundreds of billions, just because he was alone, and I don't really know which one it was.

Yes it was very rainy, and in the early days of mankind it was not as rainy, yet they had their drinking water from the dew of the grass, and the flood came, gotta wonder. 2+2=4

God's command also was, "repopulate the Earth"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

scottyp588

Resident of the Cosmos
Feb 22, 2011
Bolivia
✟11,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Almost all christians who believe in an old earth also believe in evolutionism. By doing so they deny what the bible says about the creation, fall of Adam as well as Noahs world wide flood.
They also tend to deny what Paul wrote when he said sin and death was the result of one man.

Old earth and bible don't mix at all.
Evolution is a fact that has been proven many times.
Many leaders of the church have accepted this into their faith as well.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution

Evolution is a deception that they are given to.

If you listen to certain Christian ministers they explain all the ins and outs of why it is wrong.
There is nothing going for the theory of evolution after they take a swing at it.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Time started with Genesis 1:1

Before time, you should think the Earth was hundreds of millions of years old.

is God made dinosaurs, and the world was extremely rainy, because dinosaurs were reptiles, they needed continual rain.

then Satan was cast down, and Satan caused the dinosaurs to eat each other.

then God blew on the earth and it froze, and it froze for hundreds of millions of years,
while Satan sat there.. all by himself. It may be better to consider is it hundreds of millions,
or hundreds of billions, just because he was alone, and I don't really know which one it was.

Yes it was very rainy, and in the early days of mankind it was not as rainy, yet they had their drinking water from the dew of the grass, and the flood came, gotta wonder. 2+2=4

The first rain fell at the flood:

Genesis 2:5
Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,

Genesis 7: 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

Genesis 9:13
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

Upvote 0

scottyp588

Resident of the Cosmos
Feb 22, 2011
Bolivia
✟11,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

Why are you assuming that all dinosaurs were reptiles?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
The first rain fell at the flood:

Genesis 2:5
Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,

Genesis 7: 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

Genesis 9:13
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

Upvote 0

scottyp588

Resident of the Cosmos
Feb 22, 2011
Bolivia
✟11,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Evolution is a deception that they are given to.

If you listen to certain Christian ministers they explain all the ins and outs of why it is wrong.
There is nothing going for the theory of evolution after they take a swing at it.
You're right, a handful of ministers would know more about evolutionary biology than thousands of people who have dedicated their lives to progressing the field and learning more about biology.
Evolution is not a conspiracy against Christians.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The earth can be show to be young. Fossils that are old earth dated to be older than 65+ MY's have been discovered to contain soft tissue. The tissue should no longer be there if the fossil is that old.
Are you suggesting that paleontologists just broke open the fossil there it was, soft tissue?

Coal and diamonds contain C14...that should have decayed by now if they are as old as they claim.
In Situ 14C, which is generated by the presence of uranium or thorium and easily distinguishable from cosmogenic 14C from which radiocarbon dates are obtained.

Zircon crystals still contain helium that should have leaked out of the crystals if they are that old.
Could you explain how an encapsulated impurity in a crystal can leak out?

The list that points to a young earth can be rather lengthy.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Genesis 2:6
but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.

Doh, didn't even have the proper time on that.

Time started Genesis 1:1 before that, He does not say except I told it to you.
After, He tells you things, before He does not.

Upvote 0

Guide To The Bible

Guide To The Bible
Jan 23, 2017
Britain
✟31,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Doh, didn't even have the proper time on that.

Time started Genesis 1:1 before that, He does not say except I told it to you.
After, He tells you things, before He does not.

Matthew 19:4
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'

Genesis 5
1This is the written account of Adam’s family line. When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. 2He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind”a when they were created.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
Matthew 19:4
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'

Genesis 5
1This is the written account of Adam’s family line. When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God. 2He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them “Mankind”a when they were created.

That's all after time was created.

People have a big issue with predestination,
they don't realize that things happened before the foundation of the world.
Things happened before the dinosaurs, things happened with the dinosaurs, things happened after the dinosaurs, then we came along.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evolution is an anti-biblical doctrine. It can't be accepted along side of biblical doctrine as it clearly contradicts what the bible says.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're right, a handful of ministers would know more about evolutionary biology than thousands of people who have dedicated their lives to progressing the field and learning more about biology.
Evolution is not a conspiracy against Christians.

Evolutionism has no means to explain original sin. To do so it must look for information not contained in the bible...then change the actual words of the bible to force fit it into theology.

Upvote 0