• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Is the Earth flat or round???

Discussion in 'Creation & Theistic Evolution' started by Jay1971, May 13, 2018.

1. Radagast

Radagast has left CF Supporter

+7,277
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    I thought that was the Moon?

2. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,688
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I always saw the Disney reference to "the circle of life" in the Lion King... as apostate.. There is no "circle of life.. you are conceived, are born, live, chose Christ or not, die and are judged.... it's a straight line...

Yes, the dirt we are made from returns to the earth... but... the "circle of life" in the Lion King... total deception and false.

3. JacksBratt

+3,688
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Very eloquent... however, what does this mean?

4. JacksBratt

+3,688
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Actually, every author of the canon is penning what is breathed by God... so the entire scripture is solid and can be trusted.. not just Moses and Jesus.

Well, Jesus was the word and the word is God.. and... the bible is the word... so.. my point is supported.. Every book, chapter and verse.... solid.

5. Lost4words

Lost4words In reality, an old dog! Supporter

+3,863
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Solid but vastly misinterpreted and misunderstood

6. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,555
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I was just referencing to when it says "The Circle" of the earth in Isaiah 40:22.

Circles can be flat.

7. Radagast

+7,277
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    As it happens, however, the Earth is not flat.

8. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+390
    United States
    Catholic
    Single

Perfect for open mic night.

9. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+5,086
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Those are just the carbon, nitrogen, and water cycles. Reproduction is the life cycle. And cycles is the way God does things:

Ecclesiastes 1:[1] The words of Ecclesiastes, the son of David, king of Jerusalem. [2] Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes vanity of vanities, and all is vanity. [3] What hath a man more of all his labour, that he taketh under the sun? [4] One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth standeth for ever. [5] The sun riseth, and goeth down, and returneth to his place: and there rising again,

[6] Maketh his round by the south, and turneth again to the north: the spirit goeth forward surveying all places round about, and returneth to his circuits. [7] All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea doth not overflow: unto the place from whence the rivers come, they return, to flow again. [8] All things are hard: man cannot explain them by word. The eye is not filled with seeing, neither is the ear filled with hearing. [9] What is it that hath been? the same thing that shall be. What is it that hath been done? the same that shall be done. [10] Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say: Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us.

10. JacksBratt

+3,688
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I understand that carbon, nitrogen and water of an organism are recycled.. However... life is linear. There is no Cycle. Every being is conceived, born, grows old and dies.... no cycle.

11. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

+1,555
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Radagast

+7,277
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    If you feel that way, it's probably safer to avoid telescopes.

13. Akita Suggagaki

+390
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    I find that sad and disturbing. Not really a matter of faith but of total distrust.

14. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

+1,555
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I just showed you 26 different Geocentric Church Father / Writer Quotes and that still doesn't convince you.

15. The Barbarian

+5,086
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    As God says in Ecclesiastes,

Ecclesiastes 1:4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth standeth for ever. [5] The sun riseth, and goeth down, and returneth to his place: and there rising again,

Our soul has a linear trajectory. Life does not. The cycle continues, from parent to child, and onward.

16. The Barbarian

+5,086
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Some ancient writers didn't know that the Earth orbited the Sun. And that means we should ignore the evidence that shows it does? How do you figure that?

In matters that are so obscure and far beyond our vision, we find in Holy Scripture passages which can be interpreted in very different ways without prejudice to the faith we have received. In such cases, we should not rush in headlong and so firmly take our stand on one side that, if further progress in the search for truth justly undermines this position, we too fall with it."
    St. Augustine of Hippo De Genesi ad Litteram

17. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

+1,555
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Those quotes I posted tell us that it is the sun and moon that are moving and not the earth.

It is a deception and lie that is so diabolical that most people can not even begin to comprehend it.

18. Akita Suggagaki

+390
    United States
    Catholic
    Single

When you go the the doctor do you expect him to follow Biblical or first century medical practice? I hope not. Those authors were not speaking from revelation, maybe not even literally. What spiritual good is being accomplished by your belief?

19. Akita Suggagaki

+390
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    And what "diabolical" end is being accomplished?

20. The Barbarian

+5,086
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I doubt that. I think those people were sincere, and intended no harm. St. Augustine, after all, supposed that the Earth was only a few thousand years old, having no scientific data on the issue. The difference is, he had the humility and the intelligence to realize that he could be wrong.

No, it's not deception, and certainly not evil. It's merely people doing the best they could with the evidence they had at hand.