Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You should be asking Koan. I think it is all figurative, like a parable. But if the sun was not created until the 4th day and some other unidentified light created the first day why does our day coincide with the rising and setting of the sun? And where does it go?
I think a "day" was always to be 24 hours. The human body needs sleep, about 6 to 10 hours ( yes, some people are extreme and are outside these but for the most part 6 to 10).

God designed a 24 hour day and a seven day week. We work 6 days, rest and worship for one. Are awake for 14 hours or so and sleep for the rest....

Genesis is not a "parable" or "metaphor" or "allegory" Christ spoke in parables and there are certain indicators that determine a "parable" type story. Just like Haiku and Limericks have set or common traits that indicate them as such.

If you take Genesis, as it was written.. there is nothing.. I mean absolutely nothing that is beyond the ability of God to have created the earth exactly as it states.

SO... God could do it.... God told us He did it....

Everything else is men trying to bend, warp, skew and spin the scripture to fit the assumptions of other men so that it will fit in their little box of "scientific" observations and assumptions.....

Not to mention that these "mere musings" of men in white lab coats.... are those of Atheistic, Darwinian evolutionist men and women... trying to prove to themselves that there is not God and that they don't have to take responsibility for their sins.

Even Richard Dawkins, finally, admitted that there must be some superior entity... it's just, in his human, limited and prideful mind.... not the God of Christianity.

Reactions: T. Taylor
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes I am. I have to just let people think what they want even though it seems ridiculous to me.
I think that we should all take this attitude...

However, there is nothing wrong with discussing concepts and beliefs with a friendly respect for each others views and understanding.

I am not a FE'er.. there are still things in my head that won't let me accept it fully.

However, there are things that are observable, repeatable and testable that don't fit the globe model.

So, Akita.... have you ever asked yourself... Why do you believe that the earth is a spinning ball and what observable proof do you have for that belief?

Reactions: T. Taylor
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The sun and moon are luminaries - different from the light that was existent before the first day. They have a specific purpose as a connection of the grace of the Most High God - notice they were made on the 4th day (a spiritual number).

The Hebrew word for light means illumination in every way; an example of this would be angels - specifically holy angels full of wisdom, beauty, power and knowledge.

Darkness (choshek) means the usual dark we think of - but it also means destruction, ignorance, death, etc...

In other words, something happened before the first day was even designated in order for the Most High God to have to separate the "light (ore)" from the "darkness (choshek)". This is a serious thing, and whatever it was (celestial war, mutiny, combo, etc.) lead to the earth becoming void. The earth was not created void, and dark.
I agree.

There are mysteries of the universe that God created..

One thing about the moon that has me puzzled, is the facts about it's light.

Moon light is cooler than it's shadow. This has been proven and observed and tested and repeated over and over.... you can do it yourself.. if you dare... and put out a bit of cash and time to get the hardware....

Also, my glasses go dark in the sunlight... transition to dark... very quickly (going back to clear takes an annoying amount of time but that's another story)..

Anyway, moon light does not turn them dark.. Any bit of sunlight.. cloudy day, overcast, rainy day... they change... not on a full moon though.

Just another thing that makes you go....hmmmmm.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That's how, this person or anyone actually, who needs an explanation further, than what is given in the Bible. Just shows how a pagan belief/practice, science has influenced the reading and understanding of the Bible.
I agree..

It's not just a human belief or practice... It's Satan's plan to deceive.

• Agree
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
IMO and only IMO, God's plan was for a 24 hour day. The sun did not dictate it. The sun follows God's plan. He had a 24 hour day in His blueprint and the sun just simply follows the blue print. It is not what indicates God's plan... it follows God's plan.

Perhaps so.

12 is a spiritual number: 12 for the "day" associated with light, 12 for the "night" associated with darkness. Duality like that was created when everything went from unity to duality (false binity) between Genesis 1:1-2 - just like duality was substituted for unity when Adam transgressed.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree.

There are mysteries of the universe that God created..

One thing about the moon that has me puzzled, is the facts about it's light.

Moon light is cooler than it's shadow. This has been proven and observed and tested and repeated over and over.... you can do it yourself.. if you dare... and put out a bit of cash and time to get the hardware....

Also, my glasses go dark in the sunlight... transition to dark... very quickly (going back to clear takes an annoying amount of time but that's another story)..

Anyway, moon light does not turn them dark.. Any bit of sunlight.. cloudy day, overcast, rainy day... they change... not on a full moon though.

Just another thing that makes you go....hmmmmm.

Yes, technology is ironically lifting the veil on a lot of lies and mistruths told for centuries. I don't think that was an intended consequence of the push in technology; I think it was meant to disable us (which it does).

I am not going to get into the substance of the moon, or its light except to say extrapolate your thought to the way magic works - how it increases when certain phases occur, and what it pulls out of people (according to "legends", of course).

I have all but given up providing mathematical evidence for things of the Word of God (beyond, even, the canon) because this is a spiritual and psychological game. Logic doesn't work; people believe what they want to believe while remaining utterly terrified of their paradigm changing. And, that is rich coming from someone who was just as staunch a supporter of a ball earth up to the point I finished my thesis - even beyond that time. It is only recently that I have had the luxury to analyze and derive my own mathematical connections that make me questions things. As you said, many of us who believe in an alternative earth paradigm (I hate the misnomer "flat") did not begin there at all. I figure for my case, turnabout is fair play. I was pretty vicious and academically intimidating to a bunch of people. Now I am parroting some of what they told me based on my own searching. It is a shame the cycle continues.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that we should all take this attitude...

However, there is nothing wrong with discussing concepts and beliefs with a friendly respect for each others views and understanding.

I am not a FE'er.. there are still things in my head that won't let me accept it fully.

However, there are things that are observable, repeatable and testable that don't fit the globe model.

So, Akita.... have you ever asked yourself... Why do you believe that the earth is a spinning ball and what observable proof do you have for that belief?

I do believe we have orbited the earth many times just as there are now many satellites up there and we have GPS. I also belive we have been to the moon where earth was observed as round and spinning.

At some point anyone willing to pay will be able to orbit the earth. To believe it is all a hoax seems delusional.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, technology is ironically lifting the veil on a lot of lies and mistruths told for centuries. I don't think that was an intended consequence of the push in technology; I think it was meant to disable us (which it does).

I am not going to get into the substance of the moon, or its light except to say extrapolate your thought to the way magic works - how it increases when certain phases occur, and what it pulls out of people (according to "legends", of course).

I have all but given up providing mathematical evidence for things of the Word of God (beyond, even, the canon) because this is a spiritual and psychological game. Logic doesn't work; people believe what they want to believe while remaining utterly terrified of their paradigm changing. And, that is rich coming from someone who was just as staunch a supporter of a ball earth up to the point I finished my thesis - even beyond that time. It is only recently that I have had the luxury to analyze and derive my own mathematical connections that make me questions things. As you said, many of us who believe in an alternative earth paradigm (I hate the misnomer "flat") did not begin there at all. I figure for my case, turnabout is fair play. I was pretty vicious and academically intimidating to a bunch of people. Now I am parroting some of what they told me based on my own searching. It is a shame the cycle continues.

If you like math and numbers, if you have not already seen or read (out of)
Is the Bible From Heaven / Is The Earth a Globe
Chapter 6 All past time
Chapter 7 The death of Abel
Chapter 8 The literal week
Chapter 9 March of the Children of Israel
Chapter 10 The seventy weeks
Chapter 11 Day of the Crucifixion
Chapter 12 "Vox Dei"

Interesting information in these chapters. I have thought that with our current way of keeping time, marking time with an earth moving around the sun. Time is being incorrectly kept and that how the ancients kept time is the way God has set up creation.

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I do believe we have orbited the earth many times just as there are now many satellites up there and we have GPS. I also belive we have been to the moon where earth was observed as round and spinning.

At some point anyone willing to pay will be able to orbit the earth. To believe it is all a hoax seems delusional.
Why are these two photos taken from the same distance or if not the same they are really close in distance.
When actually, the ISS is suppose to be at least 200+ miles higher than the Red Bull jump.

ISS
iss.jpg

Red Bull
Red bull.jpg

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why are these two photos taken from the same distance or if not the same they are really close in distance.
When actually, the ISS is suppose to be at least 200+ miles higher than the Red Bull jump.

ISS
View attachment 255029
Red Bull
View attachment 255030
It's hard to keep a lie straight. Watch when they open the door before this guy jumps... They forgot the camera in the back was not fish eye.. or was mid frame and shows a flat horizon.

Look at 59 seconds into the vid and 52 seconds in... the curve is vastly different.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Lost, I am really surprised, that after all of the threads and posts that you have chirped at, that you have not grasped this aspect of the FE model.

So, here goes..... I'll type slow...

In the basic FE model........

The edge of the earth is beyond the edge of the "plate" shaped flat earth. North is the center of the plate. Antarctica is a wall that is around the edge of the plate.

Antarctica is a very cold and harsh land with extreme weather. If you could continue going south, in the opposite direction of the North pole, the edge of the flat earth could be any distance beyond where humans go or have gone. The firmament may be a solid or some other barrier that lies at some distance beyond this cold and inclement area.

The domed area may be round but the FE may be square edges beyond that dome.

There are theories and quips that I have read about Admiral Byrd having some planes crash into an invisible barrier. They assumed that the Nazi's had "force field" technology.

For whatever reason, Byrd and his whole crew, cut their mission very short and rushed back with some extremely interesting stories of "craft that can fly from pole to pole in very short time"... "an area beyond the south pole, larger than the continent of America"....and others.

Then... for some reason.. they:

1/ Drafted and signed the Antarctica treaty to control people going to Antarctica.
2/ Started firing Nukes high in the atmosphere. ( US and Russia)
3/ Had a competition with Russia to see who could drill the deepest hole into the crust.
4/ Created NASA and started the whole moon hoax.

Have you ever seen a wild animal, placed in a cage? First it will try to get out by running at the sides.. then the top, then try to dig out....

Sound familiar? Were the governments trying to see how high our cage was? How deep the ground was in this enclosure?

Anyway. That's why you cannot go to the edge and take a video.

Do you think that God made it this way for a reason? We are to take His word as our information and "manual" for this earth and how to behave.

Christ does not "appear" to people of this day, in order to "convince" them that He is real... It's faith.

His word also told us about the creation and constructs of our world... We believe His word.. or the words of mere men.. in all aspects and concepts that science and the bible clash... are we not to believe that He will make the wise to be fools? He also takes the wisdom of men and makes it foolish.

In the end... we will find out.. When we see Him in glory, all will be revealed. There will be a long list of things that I have gotten wrong.... The shape of the earth is one that I'm anxious to see which is true...

:doh::doh::doh:

Blimey, i am amazed that you believe the utter nonsense you typed here!

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think a "day" was always to be 24 hours. The human body needs sleep, about 6 to 10 hours ( yes, some people are extreme and are outside these but for the most part 6 to 10).

God designed a 24 hour day and a seven day week. We work 6 days, rest and worship for one. Are awake for 14 hours or so and sleep for the rest....

Genesis is not a "parable" or "metaphor" or "allegory" Christ spoke in parables and there are certain indicators that determine a "parable" type story. Just like Haiku and Limericks have set or common traits that indicate them as such.

If you take Genesis, as it was written.. there is nothing.. I mean absolutely nothing that is beyond the ability of God to have created the earth exactly as it states.

SO... God could do it.... God told us He did it....

Everything else is men trying to bend, warp, skew and spin the scripture to fit the assumptions of other men so that it will fit in their little box of "scientific" observations and assumptions.....

Not to mention that these "mere musings" of men in white lab coats.... are those of Atheistic, Darwinian evolutionist men and women... trying to prove to themselves that there is not God and that they don't have to take responsibility for their sins.

Even Richard Dawkins, finally, admitted that there must be some superior entity... it's just, in his human, limited and prideful mind.... not the God of Christianity.

Dear oh dear :doh:

I am out of here. Its just sad that in this day and age we have people who actually believe in a flat earth. It beggars belief. Its just so unbelievable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

ISS
View attachment 255029
Red Bull
View attachment 255030

Do you know how far that horizon is when one is 200 miles high?

But your point is the pictures are fake?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
some where on here I read Koan post that FE is a misnomer and preferred something like alternates paradigm.

Would someone please list the beliefs of a non global paradigm and reasons for them other than an eccentric interpretation of Genesis?

Thanks,

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do you know how far that horizon is when one is 200 miles high?

But your point is the pictures are fake?

No i do not know how far the horizon is but i also do not believe a person has been 200 miles high. maybe 30 miles high but that is about it.

My point is there is at least 200 missing miles of distance between these two photos.

I have seen the object that is being used as the ISS and there is not over 200 miles of difference between the ISS and a plane flying 6 or 7 miles high. It is higher how much higher 10- 15 miles higher and also it is moving at 17,000 miles an hr.
Not even close to that speed, it is faster than an airplane, but like the height, not 16,000 miles an hr faster.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear oh dear :doh:

I am out of here. Its just sad that in this day and age we have people who actually believe in a flat earth. It beggars belief. Its just so unbelievable.

Now what a minute. Think of something that defies all logic and science and imagine what a challenge it would be to try to justify that belief. Think of all the fun you woul dhave on the internet promoting it.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No i do not know how far the horizon is but i also do not believe a person has been 200 miles high. maybe 30 miles high but that is about it.

My point is there is at least 200 missing miles of distance between these two photos.

I have seen the object that is being used as the ISS and there is not over 200 miles of difference between the ISS and a plane flying 6 or 7 miles high. It is higher how much higher 10- 15 miles higher and also it is moving at 17,000 miles an hr.
Not even close to that speed, it is faster than an airplane, but like the height, not 16,000 miles an hr faster.

What I was trying to get at is that the ratio of 200 miles to the distance to the horizon is probably insignificant so it would look about the same. What is your basis fro believing only 30 at most.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What I was trying to get at is that the ratio of 200 miles to the distance to the horizon is probably insignificant so it would look about the same. What is your basis fro believing only 30 at most.
Given the rate at which the earth must drop away, in order for it to be the circumference and diameter that the globe states that it is..... It must curve 8 inches in every mile..

To put that in perspective... over 10 miles the earth should drop 66 feet from the site of the viewer.

That's quite a rate of drop. That should be visible and recordable on any large body of water... however... it is not.

Not to mention someone at 24 miles up and another at 200 miles up, should observe a very different curve in there sight.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I believe i read some where that around 30 miles is the record for an airplane flight.

Upvote 0