Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So that's your trump card - one mystery that I do not have the answer to, and all the rest of the hoax is thus real - carry on believing in NASA - not my problem, I'm not paying to be scammed.

I'm not asking for any payment. Nor is anyone else.
You know what? You should get yourself a good telescope and go into a rural area sometime at night and see things for yourself. Get away from the computer screen and open your eyes to the real thing.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm not asking for any payment. Nor is anyone else.
You know what? You should get yourself a good telescope and go into a rural area sometime at night and see things for yourself. Get away from the computer screen and open your eyes to the real thing.
Live long and prosper...

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Live long and prosper...

Oh well, I guess you're not even willing to go outdoors to see for yourself. So much for searching for the truth.
article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Jay1971

Always seeking TRUTH
Site Supporter
May 12, 2018
Reading
✟43,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Neil Armstrong did not "call to demons" and it is false witness to suggest that he did.

Neil Armstrong also did not "start NASA." That happened in 1958.

Didn't mean Neil Armstrong my bad...

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You can see it pass overhead: International Space Station
No one denies the existence of the star-like object. They reject claims that this object is the International Space Station. This rejection is based on footage pupportedly from the object not corresponding with what is observed on the ground as it passes overhead, and how such a small object is even visible from Earth (were it really so far away as claimed).

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They reject claims that this object is the International Space Station.

Only if they're remarkably foolish. Many, many people have clearly seen the ISS with personal telescopes or through astronomy clubs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and how such a small object is even visible from Earth (were it really so far away as claimed).

They're called telescopes because they magnify far-away things.

And the ISS is only at an altitude of between 330 and 435 km. Not all that far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
No one denies the existence of the star-like object. They reject claims that this object is the International Space Station. This rejection is based on footage pupportedly from the object not corresponding with what is observed on the ground as it passes overhead, and how such a small object is even visible from Earth (were it really so far away as claimed).

For someone who was the first man to walk on a semi-transparent object which emits its own light, Neil Armstrong must have been the most joyless man that there has ever been.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For someone who was the first man to walk on a semi-transparent object which emits its own light

The moon is not semi-transparent and it does not emit its own light.

Oh, and this is the ISS through a telescope:

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

For someone who was the first man to walk on a semi-transparent object which emits its own light, Neil Armstrong must have been the most joyless man that there has ever been.
I had a ham-radio licence, and set up an antenna and two radios to pick up the ISS - when I did the experiment for myself, I got nothing - that's when I still believed in the globe.
One night, I was out and saw a bright light moving fast across the sky - later, someone in Germany said they had seen the ISS, at the same time as I saw the unusual light, so I said that the light could not have been the ISS, as you would see the same every night - it was peculiar really.
It might have been some sort of aircraft, with a very bright light, moving very fast, and silent.
In Germany, I watched a loud aircraft, with a vapor trail, and at the front of the vapor trail was nothing - I was looking through binoculars - the aircraft had a cloaking device, like a Klingon War-Bird.

Live long and prosper.

1dpyce.jpg

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Only if they're remarkably foolish. Many, many people have clearly seen the ISS with personal telescopes or through astronomy clubs.

Yeah, but those many many people and the astronomy clubs and those who built those telescopes are all in on the hoax. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Flat earth people are skeptic that science advanced so much that we have space travel etc.?
No, it's that travel into space is impossible, once you understand that the bible was true after all, and there is an impenetrable dome-barrier above. It is the accumulation of evidence, such as the moon being transparent, (stars showing through) and emitting cold light (not reflecting the sun's light) and with all the evidence that the earth is flat, and all the evidence that they are faking space, so as to prove to children, (and adults who have no critical thinking skills) that the bible is wrong, there is no God, and life has no meaning.
I was brought up on science fiction, just like everyone else, so we have to give up all that fantasy about exploring space - the earth is a boring enclosed system.
What people don't seem to understand (or care), is that we did not start out as flat-earthers, but came to that conclusion, through an examination of the evidence - flat-earthers were just as much indoctrinated into globe-earth, as those who still retain their childhood belief in heliocentric/globe-earth expanding space, big bang and evolution - and so they always resort to insults because they can't be bothered examining the evidence for themselves (or they don't care about the evidence).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, it's that travel into space is impossible, once you understand that the bible was true after all, and there is an impenetrable dome-barrier above. It is the accumulation of evidence, such as the moon being transparent, (stars showing through) and emitting cold light (not reflecting the sun's light) and with all the evidence that the earth is flat, and all the evidence that they are faking space, so as to prove to children, (and adults who have no critical thinking skills) that the bible is wrong, there is no God, and life has no meaning.
I was brought up on science fiction, just like everyone else, so we have to give up all that fantasy about exploring space - the earth is a boring enclosed system.
What people don't seem to understand (or care), is that we did not start out as flat-earthers, but came to that conclusion, through an examination of the evidence - flat-earthers were just as much indoctrinated into globe-earth, as those who still retain their childhood belief in heliocentric/globe-earth expanding space, big bang and evolution - and so they always resort to insults because they can't be bothered examining the evidence for themselves (or they don't care about the evidence).

But there is more evidence about normal earth than flat... you will think at least some scientists would 'rebel against the goverment' and the 'globe' if flat earth is true...

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just turned 75. I have been a scientist, mathematician and educator for over 50 years and a Christian even longer. I read this thread and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The Bible certainly reflects the flat earth three tiered universe understanding of two to three thousand years ago. However, for the sake of my intellectual and spiritual integrity, I cannot deny reality.

Upvote 0

Hiscosmicgoldfish3

Mar 11, 2018
Barnstaple
✟19,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
But there is more evidence about normal earth than flat... you will think at least some scientists would 'rebel against the goverment' and the 'globe' if flat earth is true...
No there isn't. Have you found more evidence for the globe than the flat earth? Have you discovered evidence for earth curvature? Are very long bridges curved in accordance with the curvature of the earth? Are railway tracks made curved or straight? Are tunnels curved? Have you refuted the Bedford Level experiment? Or the Michelson-Morley experiment? Is water curved around the ocean? Is there curvature seen from high-altitude balloons, when not using a fish-eye lens? Have you refuted that moonlight is cold and is not reflected sunlight?
Aircraft fly along on a flat straight path. If the earth was a globe, they would need to adjust their flight-path downwards constantly, in order to compensate for the curvature - but they never need to do that, because obviously the earth is flat.
The globe earth is a philosophy, it is not science. There is no proof for heliocentrism. How can you be sure that Steven Hawking was actually saying all that for himself and writing those books?
There are experts out there on the internet if you want to study the subject. Eric Dubay has written an interesting book. The amount of life differs in the southern 'hemisphere' - there is much more diversity of life in the arctic region, than in the South - in such places as South Georgia. That is strong evidence that we don't live on a globe, but that Antarctica surrounds the disc of the earth all around.
Jeranism and The Morgile are other flat-earth experts. They have much greater knowledge than I do. I don't normally bother talking about flat earth, as you end up with the sort of people on this thread.

Michelson–Morley experiment - Wikipedia

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
W
No there isn't. Have you found more evidence for the globe than the flat earth? Have you discovered evidence for earth curvature? Are very long bridges curved in accordance with the curvature of the earth? Are railway tracks made curved or straight? Are tunnels curved? Have you refuted the Bedford Level experiment? Or the Michelson-Morley experiment? Is water curved around the ocean? Is there curvature seen from high-altitude balloons, when not using a fish-eye lens? Have you refuted that moonlight is cold and is not reflected sunlight?
Aircraft fly along on a flat straight path. If the earth was a globe, they would need to adjust their flight-path downwards constantly, in order to compensate for the curvature - but they never need to do that, because obviously the earth is flat.
The globe earth is a philosophy, it is not science. There is no proof for heliocentrism. How can you be sure that Steven Hawking was actually saying all that for himself and writing those books?
There are experts out there on the internet if you want to study the subject. Eric Dubay has written an interesting book. The amount of life differs in the southern 'hemisphere' - there is much more diversity of life in the arctic region, than in the South - in such places as South Georgia. That is strong evidence that we don't live on a globe, but that Antarctica surrounds the disc of the earth all around.
Jeranism and The Morgile are other flat-earth experts. They have much greater knowledge than I do. I don't normally bother talking about flat earth, as you end up with the sort of people on this thread.

Michelson–Morley experiment - Wikipedia

Well then, hire a boat and follow the Antarctic ice sheet and let us know how many miles you travelled to get back to your starting point.

Upvote 0