Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is the paranormal activities that the Conjuring is based off real or false?
God is supernatural, we believe in God, therefore we believe in the supernatural and all that goes along with it.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm pretty sure it's real. The people the movies were based on were genuine exorcists back in the 60s and 70s I believe.

Why were you asking?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What do you mean?

Are you asking whether the magic tricks one can buy are really magic , then the answer is in there name, " magic Trick ".

If you are asking is the supernatural real then yes it is.
That then raises the question why are you asking this?

What is happening in your life that you atribute it to paranormal activity?

If you are trusting in Jesus for your salvation, then as a child of God the paranormal cannot affect your salvation.

Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟17,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty sure it's real. The people the movies were based on were genuine exorcists back in the 60s and 70s I believe.

Why were you asking?
I randomly saw a commercial and it said base on true story so i wanted to see if anyone knows for sure if thats the case. No double meaning is why its in the Junk drawer forum.

Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟17,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God is supernatural, we believe in God, therefore we believe in the supernatural and all that goes along with it.
My question isn't based on supernatural itself but the supposed paranormal activity regarding the Conjuring and if its actually a real story.

Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟17,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What do you mean?

Are you asking whether the magic tricks one can buy are really magic , then the answer is in there name, " magic Trick ".

If you are asking is the supernatural real then yes it is.
That then raises the question why are you asking this?

What is happening in your life that you atribute it to paranormal activity?

If you are trusting in Jesus for your salvation, then as a child of God the paranormal cannot affect your salvation.
This has nothing to do with my salvation not every question concerning this has a double meaning, I only askig this to see if anyone knows if the stories are actually true because nobody raises question on historical places that claim paranormal activity with no proof of such a thing.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I randomly saw a commercial and it said base on true story so i wanted to see if anyone knows for sure if thats the case. No double meaning is why its in the Junk drawer forum.

Here is a link on the actors vs. the real life characters they played in the movie:
The Conjuring True Story - Real Bathsheba Witch, Real Perron Family

You'd have to dig deeper to find out exactly what was real in the movie and what was not. The levitation scene was pretty intense, but in strong possessions I've heard that it's possible.

• Friendly
Reactions: dóxatotheó
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a link on the actors vs. the real life characters they played in the movie:
The Conjuring True Story - Real Bathsheba Witch, Real Perron Family

You'd have to dig deeper to find out exactly what was real in the movie and what was not. The levitation scene was pretty intense, but in strong possessions I've heard that it's possible.

@dóxatotheó. Actually, now that I'm reading it, the whole article explains most of what I think you were asking about.

• Winner
Reactions: dóxatotheó
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This has nothing to do with my salvation not every question concerning this has a double meaning, I only askig this to see if anyone knows if the stories are actually true because nobody raises question on historical places that claim paranormal activity with no proof of such a thing.

make your questions clearer then.

As to whether the accounts of ' magic ' etc in the bible are true.

yes they are.

Ask yourself, why did the propkets of baal accept elisha's challenge on mt carmel/
Why did Jesabel not let her asteroth prohets also accept the challenge/

I see it, because the prophets of baal could d 'miracles' through the activity of demons, but at mt carmel Elisha's presence and the spirit of God with him stopped them from confusing the people.

Jesabel knew that God rules and so did not let her prophets be exposed as devil worshippers.

The parranormal is real, not as the media tries to portray it, but real in that the devil can do miraculus things example ufo's are demonic manifestations and not visitors from another planet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums