Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟15,074.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Christ is the Church and Christ Jesus (Yeshua) is always relevant.
The writer to the Hebrews gives us God's command that we should not neglect meeting together. (Hebrew 10) Those who choose to ignore this command are being disobedient to God.

As to the unregenerate, God's word seems foolish and utterly irrelevant, until God takes away their blindness. Church is for those who have been redeemed. If the unredeemed walk in to church, they should feel convicted of their sin, not comfortable and at ease. (1 Corinthians 14)

Pastors are called to teach their congregants God's word and guide them in their walk of sanctification. God is the one who opens people's eyes and makes His word relevant.
Sadly, we have churches using marketing schemes of unregenerate humans to artificially call people to God without any conviction of sin. This often leads to unregenerate people enjoying church, yet never knowing God's redemption of their sins.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't go to church. Because of their view on gay, transgender, views on woman and discipline belief. I would like to go to church. But they seem to focus a lot about these things. Is it needed? yes I GUESS.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't go to church. Because of their view on gay, transgender, views on woman and discipline belief. I would like to go to church. But they seem to focus a lot about these things. Is it needed? yes I GUESS.

Do you think something could be true even if you disagree with it?

GK Chesterton said, "We don't need a church that is right when we are right, we need a church that is right when we are wrong."

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't go to church. Because of their view on gay, transgender, views on woman and discipline belief.

I understand. You might have been victim to a liberal 'church' which says you can live in sin and not have discipline and still be a congregant. There are still some very conservative and Biblically sound churches remaining. You just have to interview/cross examine the pastor or elders and their creed or statement of beliefs before you put down roots.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think something could be true even if you disagree with it?

GK Chesterton said, "We don't need a church that is right when we are right, we need a church that is right when we are wrong."

Chesterton hit that one over the center field fence. Good find.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Given my family history with churches, no. They end up rife with politics and money grabbing members. If there is a church board, expect them to do the wrong thing for the community, but the right thing for the church.

No, churches are not needed. Good organizations to help people are needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Providing help to the community without strings attached.

What strings are attached when a body of Christians help the local community.

Why do you think helping the local community is a 'good' thing to do? Is this 'good' because we are genetically inclined to help those in need? Or do you believe in some cosmic force of good will all humans share? Like a societal absolute we help others?

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand. You might have been victim to a liberal 'church' which says you can live in sin and not have discipline and still be a congregant. There are still some very conservative and Biblically sound churches remaining. You just have to interview/cross examine the pastor or elders and their creed or statement of beliefs before you put down roots.
I never been to a liberal church. They all been conservative. But common sense tells me people don't choose to be gay or transgender. Also I don't believe the woman stuff. It just sounds like a book, that was designed to force people to live certain ways. Since that's the men wanted it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never been to a liberal church. They all been conservative. But common sense tells me people don't choose to be gay or transgender.

Do you believe the Holy Scriptures are inspired by the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
As to the unregenerate, God's word seems foolish and utterly irrelevant, until God takes away their blindness. Church is for those who have been redeemed. If the unredeemed walk in to church, they should feel convicted of their sin, not comfortable and at ease. (1 Corinthians 14)
But Messiah himself said He came not for the righteous but for the sinner; should not our churches do the same?

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most Christians are Catholic, and the Catholic Church is growing by 10s of millions of people each year. Currently there are about 1.3 billion Catholics.

You assumption that most Christians are Catholic) assuming you mean RCC) is incorrect, if you are referring to the United States. There are more Protestants in the US that RCC. The Southern Baptist might be more. So please clarify where you mean, and give some proof. Some Independent Churches do not consider RCC as genuine Christians, which I have argued against, so please do not think I am against you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.