Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, and He will do so according to The Book that He wrote...
And He will not listen to you. But God didn't write a book. He inspired men, sinners, all of them, to write.
Yes, and found out that Peter was not the first pope... he was married.
Since when did marriage become an impediment to being a pope???

I guess you skipped Iraneaeus.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Inspired by The spirit of Yawhea. A Translation as well can be inspired by a SPIRIT
So it doesn't mean He physically wrote it. It was inspired. There's been no inspired translations, though. Just correct and incorrect.

Upvote 0

Hawkiz

Dec 3, 2013
✟16,536.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and He will do so according to The Book that He wrote...

You mean like Luke 6:37? 'Do not judge and you will not be judged; do not condemn and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven.'

Yes, and found out that Peter was not the first pope... he was married.

What exactly does St. Peter being married have to do with him (not) being the first pope? Many have been married. It is the current discipline of the Church, but being a married priest is not an infallible teaching...marriage does not in any way invalidate leadership.

Peace in Christ

Upvote 0

Hawkiz

Dec 3, 2013
✟16,536.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then why has the cathlic church decided to forbid their leders from getting married?

It is a discipline, a choice within the calling, but it is not an infallible teaching, and often when a Protestant minister converts to the Catholic Church, they are allowed to be priests while still being married. So it isn't 'forbidden' necessarily, but it is believed to be the best way to serve those whom the priest ministers to. Doesn't make married priests 'wrong', nor does it negate any leadership qualities. Also doesn't diminish any pastor who happens to be married.

Hope that helps clear any misconceptions about married priest and infallibility; this simply is not an infallible teaching.

Peace in Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Protestant minister converts to the Catholic Church

That would be a grave mistake.

Well, it's a moot point since the rcc does not teach people must be born again and then there's all that contacting the dead stuff which God says is sinful. That just gets the ear of demons since the dead are no longer in the realm in which we live and cannot hear people here, not that they could do anything for us anyway.

God's true children have relationship directly with the Father, through Jesus Christ, by the Holy Ghost, based on the written Word of God... so needlessly to say, we are never going to agree on any of this stuff.

Upvote 0

Hawkiz

Dec 3, 2013
✟16,536.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That would be a grave mistake.

Well, it's a moot point since the rcc does not teach people must be born again and then there's all that contacting the dead stuff which God says is sinful. That just gets the ear of demons since the dead are no longer in the realm in which we live and cannot hear people here, not that they could do anything for us anyway.

God's true children have relationship directly with the Father, through Jesus Christ, by the Holy Ghost, based on the written Word of God... so needlessly to say, we are never going to agree on any of this stuff.

For someone who claims to have studied the Catholic Church you certainly have quite few incorrect ideas about what The Church teaches and practices. I won't derail this thread on infallibility, but everything you claim in the above post is 100% falsehood. And we don't have to agree to be His...we are just on these forums to have conversation, dialogue and learn from each other. I pray that you will find the peace of Christ and not find it necessary to slander the beliefs of others. I am confident that I am following Him and Him alone in the manner He wants us all to do, and I am sure you feel the same. No need to discredit each other.

Peace in Christ

Upvote 0