Stockholm
✟18,344.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I know most of the people think church is the bride, but does anyone think the bride is a real woman living on this earth? Could it be possible? I think Bible talks about one woman for example in Song of Solomon and psalm 45. If the church is the bride who are the wedding guests?

Reactions: Andrea Blum

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know most of the people think church is the bride, but does anyone think the bride is a real woman living on this earth? Could it be possible? I think Bible talks about one woman for example in Song of Solomon and psalm 45. If the church is the bride who are the wedding guests?
No, it's the church.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No, the Bride of Christ is His people. From my understanding when the New Jerusalem comes down from Heaven the Lord will be our temple and there wont be darkness in the city because He will be the sun. Also, there will be people who wont be able to enter the city.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the church is the bride. As for the wedding guests, I believe you are referring to different parables, aren't you?

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bride of Christ is a picture of the faithful children of God who seek Jesus first in their lives....Those who actively persue Jesus....Is the entire church the bride? No....Only those who actively persue Jesus...The others may go to heaven but not as the bride...They could be called the wedding party.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know most of the people think church is the bride, but does anyone think the bride is a real woman living on this earth?

It is a metaphor for believers in Jesus Christ. It is not referring to sole human woman, but all believers.

Could it be possible?

No, because it would imply that only one single solitary human woman is saved, and that would not be consistent with scripture.

I think Bible talks about one woman for example in Song of Solomon and psalm 45.

The Song of Solomon is often falsely allegorized to say that it is about Christ and the church. Anyone honestly reading the Song of Solomon and using proper exegetical and hermeneutical principles can see that it is presenting a husband and wife relationship. It is not a metaphor or allegory for the church and Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Shalom. A mystery revealed, or to be revealed still?
For example, an excerpt from the page at E.W. Bullinger - The Great Sacred Secret: 7: The Body And The Bride
... ... "31. Rebekah therefore represents, not the Assembly or the Body of the Christ, but that great cloud of witnesses (the Old Testament saints), who in the old dispensation sacrificed, as she did, all worldly advantages for the Lord's sake. It is for these He is preparing that "city which hath foundations," and of which He Himself is the divine architect. And truly, it is said of these, "if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out (as Rebekah came) they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their the Lord; for He hath prepared for them a city" (Heb. 11:15, 16). "These all having obtained a good report through faith (believing), received not the promise, God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect" (verses 39, 40). Now, we maintain, that this "better thing" cannot be the same as the good thing. The comparative term distinguishes between two things, and necessitates the existence of two. The one, as the Bride, will have a good place, a grand place, a place of honor and glory as the Lamb's wife in the holy Jerusalem, but the Body of the Christ, will have "some better thing," a position of greater glory and honor, as part of the Bridegroom Himself.

It is for this consummation that the members of His Body now wait. We are, by the wondrous position which grace has given us, necessarily cut off from all "bodies" which are of human origination, and from all Ecclesiastical organizations. We do not seek to restore corporate testimony, for no such restoration of what man had ruined, was ever promised. The corporate failure is complete. There is no authority in the Word for re-establishing it, and all attempts to do so have ended in disaster, and in a widening of the breach between brethren. The "unity of the spirit" is now only subjective. There is no such thing as an objective unity of the spirit, which we can "join." The real truth of the "Sacred Secret" received into the heart raises the members of the Body far above all human plans and hopes of union or Re-union. It takes us up at once into the heavenlies, seats us there with Christ, so that like Him we are "henceforth expecting."

Hence, we are not concerned with prophecy as such, as a mere subject of study. To look for Christ's appearing is the very essence of our Christian standing. It is the very breath of the Christian's life. We "wait for God's Son from heaven," and long for Him to appear so that we may be

"RECEIVED UP IN GLORY." "

How can the church be the bride? How about those who have already died?? According to bible the bride is alive when Jesus Comes back.

Upvote 0

Johanna123

May 27, 2018
Stockholm
✟18,344.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The bride can never be ready if she’s the church. The church changes all the time, new members are coming in all the time and then God should always wait for them to get ready as well. And on the other hand church members die all the time.. so the church is changing all the time! How could God then one day say the church bride is ready and Jesus can come back if the church changes all the time? The bride could never be ready

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No! It is a metaphor. Look at the context, I’m passages like 10 bridesmaids waiting for the groom. The church is the context of Paul’s reference. No alternative inference has been even offered.

Upvote 0

Johanna123

May 27, 2018
Stockholm
✟18,344.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
No! It is a metaphor. Look at the context, I’m passages like 10 bridesmaids waiting for the groom. The church is the context of Paul’s reference. No alternative inference has been even offered.
In the original language it says that the 10 bridesmaids go to meet the bride and the groom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the original language it says that the 10 bridesmaids go to meet the bride and the groom.
Englishman's Concordance
νυμφίος (nymphios) — 9 Occurrences
Matthew 9:15 N-NMS
GRK: ἐστὶν ὁ νυμφίος ἐλεύσονται δὲ
NAS: as long as the bridegroom is with them, can they? But the days
KJV: as long as the bridegroom is
INT: is the bridegroom will come however

GRK: αὐτῶν ὁ νυμφίος καὶ τότε
NAS: when the bridegroom is taken away
KJV: when the bridegroom shall be taken
INT: them the bridegroom and then

Matthew 25:6 N-NMS
GRK: Ἰδοὺ ὁ νυμφίος ἐξέρχεσθε εἰς
NAS: Behold, the bridegroom!Come
KJV: Behold, the bridegroomcometh;
INT: Behold the bridegroom go forth to

Matthew 25:10 N-NMS
GRK: ἦλθεν ὁ νυμφίος καὶ αἱ
NAS: to make the purchase, the bridegroom came,
KJV: went to buy, the bridegroomcame; and
INT: came the bridegroom and those

Bridegroom is one individual and in all nine occurrences in the NT is referring to the “groom” in our modern convention.

If you have research to counter this concordance please cite it so I can investigate it. Thx

Upvote 0

Johanna123

May 27, 2018
Stockholm
✟18,344.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Englishman's Concordance
νυμφίος (nymphios) — 9 Occurrences
GRK: ἐστὶν ὁ νυμφίος ἐλεύσονται δὲ
NAS: as long as the bridegroom is with them, can they? But the days
KJV: as long as the bridegroom is
INT: is the bridegroom will come however

GRK: αὐτῶν ὁ νυμφίος καὶ τότε
NAS: when the bridegroom is taken away
KJV: when the bridegroom shall be taken
INT: them the bridegroom and then

Matthew 25:6 N-NMS
GRK: Ἰδοὺ ὁ νυμφίος ἐξέρχεσθε εἰς
NAS: Behold, the bridegroom!Come
KJV: Behold, the bridegroomcometh;
INT: Behold the bridegroom go forth to

Matthew 25:10 N-NMS
GRK: ἦλθεν ὁ νυμφίος καὶ αἱ
NAS: to make the purchase, the bridegroom came,
KJV: went to buy, the bridegroomcame; and
INT: came the bridegroom and those

Bridegroom is one individual and in all nine occurrences in the NT is referring to the “groom” in our modern convention.

If you have research to counter this concordance please cite it so I can investigate it. Thx
Matthew 25 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God created the woman to be Adam's 'help mate.' To "respond" to Adam.

Likewise.. We will be Christ's Helpmate for all eternity. Nothing to do with male and female as far as sexual other than appearance. As Adam was to the woman = initiator to his responder.. So shall it be between us and the Lord. We shall be the Lord's responders.

Now as far as everyone being female in eternity?

When God created man in his own image? He created them male and female. In Genesis 1:27 that was not speaking of the human body. That creation spoke of the soul. In the next chapter bodies were provided for those souls. The bodies were not created out from nothing like the souls were. The Hebrew makes that clear. The souls were created "bara" = out from nothing. Adam's body was not created out from nothing. Rather, the body was "jatsar" = molded and formed from what had already been created out from nothing = the elements of the earth.

IMHO.

It looks like when our male and female souls are to be given resurrected bodies, we will not stop being male and female in appearance... but, will no longer physically reproduce. The men will be men and women, women... Each having their own unique function as unto the Lord.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Only the Church is the Bride.

Resurrected OT believers will be the guests as friends of the bridegroom.

John the Baptist died before the Church age began. He remained an OT saint, not Church.

John knew that he was "a friend of the bridegroom." He knew he was not the bride.

"The one who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the
bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the
bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete."
Jn 3:29

Its possible that the Tribulation saints will be the friends of the Bride. More study is needed on that one.

Upvote 0