✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
CLV) Ja 2:23
And fulfilled was the scripture which is saying, Now "Abraham believes God, and it is reckoned to him for righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

8 This is the tenth trial wherewith Abraham was tried, and he was found faithful, patient in spirit.

9 And he said not a single word regarding the rumor in the land how that YAHWEH had said that He would give it to him and to his seed after him, and he begged a place there to bury his dead; for he was found faithful, and was recorded on the heavenly tablets as the friend of YAHWEH.

Where did James get this? It's not in the TaNaK.

can you explain what (CLV) stands for please

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
...and here we have a literal translation:

(CLV) Isa 41:8
Now you, Israel, My servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, The seed of Abraham, who loved Me,

Not quite the same. Looks like the translators pulled some monkey business.

stay away from any translation based on the works of Hort & Westcott and you will not have any "monkey business" as their work is full of "monkey business"

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi. It has been roughly 3,500 years since the sanctuary was last cleansed, that is, 70 jubilee years ago. Just something for everyone to think about.

The Bible doesn't specify how many years passed between the fall of Adam and Eve and Jesus Christ . But James Usher after examining the Biblical genealogical record placed the date of the fall about 4004 B.C.

According to young earth proponents that would put about 4,000 years between the fall of Adam and Eve, and the existence of Jesus Christ.

The Bible clearly says that God took 6 literal 24 hour days, 6 evenings and 6 mornings, see (Genesis 1:2) for His creative process and rested on the 7th day.

We are about 2,000 years from the time of Jesus.

Thus 4,000 + 2,000 years = 6,000 years to the millennium of 1,000 years = 7,000 years.

Which correlates to the 6 days of creation and a rest day with out sin as the evil one is bound by circumstance with no one to deceive based on a thousand years is as one day unto the Lord

So 6,000 years of sin and dealing with satan and a 1,000 years of rest with no sin.

• Informative
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
can you explain what (CLV) stands for please

Concordant Version
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Concordant Literal Version)

The Concordant Version is an English translation of the Bible compiled by the Concordant Publishing Concern (CPC), which was founded by Adolph Ernst Knoch in 1909.[1] The principal works of the CPC are the Concordant Literal New Testament with Keyword Concordance ("CLNT") and the Concordant Version of the Old Testament ("CVOT"). A. E. Knoch designed the Concordant Version in such a way as to put the English reader who lacks a formal knowledge of Koine Greek in possession of all the vital facts of the most ancient codices: Codex Vaticanus, Codex Sinaiticus, and Codex Alexandrinus. The CPC's efforts yielded a restored Greek text, titled The Concordant Greek Text, containing all of the important variant readings found in the codices mentioned above. This was done with the intent of conforming, as far as possible, to the original autograph manuscripts. An utterly consistent hyper-literal sub-linear based upon a standard English equivalent for each Greek element is to be found beneath each Greek word. The Concordant Greek Text forms the basis of the Concordant Literal New Testament, which is more idiomatic in its English than the hyper-literal sublinear. The Concordant Literal New Testament and the Concordant Greek Text are linked together and correlated for the English reader by means of an English concordance—the Keyword Concordance—and a complementary list of the Greek elements.[2]

More: Concordant Version - Wikipedia

• Informative
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟471,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There's no reason to believe Paul is alluding to that passage from Jubilees. And even if he was, it's not relevant.

St. Paul directly quoted Greek poets and philosophers, but that doesn't make those works canonical or inspired.

That's not how canonicity works.

-CryptoLutheran

The Ethiopian Tewahedo Orthodox Church (and indeed the Eritrean church) regards the Book of Jubilees as well as the Book of Enoch as canonical, and I would note this has never been an issue in any ecumenical dialogues between the Ethiopian church and anyone else. Nor was it ever an issue between the Ethiopian church and the other Oriental Orthodox churches (the Armenians and the Copts follow the Septuagint canon, more or less, and the Syriac Orthodox use the Peshitta, the Old Testament of which has I believe the same 22 books one finds in the Masoretic text).

My own view is that all books recognized by the ancient Christian churches (Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Oriental Orthodox and the Church of the East) are at least deuterocanonical. The deuterocanonical books used by the Anglicans and included in complete editions of the King James Version I think are particularly important and ought to be read by everyone.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟471,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Concordant Version

The Concordant Version is an English translation of the Bible compiled by the Concordant Publishing Concern (CPC), which was founded by Adolph Ernst Knoch in 1909.[1] The principal works of the CPC are the Concordant Literal New Testament with Keyword Concordance ("CLNT") and the Concordant Version of the Old Testament ("CVOT"). A. E. Knoch designed the Concordant Version in such a way as to put the English reader who lacks a formal knowledge of Koine Greek in possession of all the vital facts of the most ancient codices: Codex Vaticanus, Codex Sinaiticus, and Codex Alexandrinus. The CPC's efforts yielded a restored Greek text, titled The Concordant Greek Text, containing all of the important variant readings found in the codices mentioned above. This was done with the intent of conforming, as far as possible, to the original autograph manuscripts. An utterly consistent hyper-literal sub-linear based upon a standard English equivalent for each Greek element is to be found beneath each Greek word. The Concordant Greek Text forms the basis of the Concordant Literal New Testament, which is more idiomatic in its English than the hyper-literal sublinear. The Concordant Literal New Testament and the Concordant Greek Text are linked together and correlated for the English reader by means of an English concordance—the Keyword Concordance—and a complementary list of the Greek elements.[2]

I have to confess I am suspicious of the “Minority Text”, of the manuscripts the Concordant Version and other newer translations use. I much prefer the Byzantine Text Type, largely because ancient translations from the fourth and fifth centuries such as the Vulgate and the Peshitta seem to agree with it.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Concordant Version

thanks but I will stick to the bible based on the
Textus Receptus

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

James Honigman

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible doesn't specify how many years passed between the fall of Adam and Eve and Jesus Christ . But James Usher after examining the Biblical genealogical record placed the date of the fall about 4004 B.C.

According to young earth proponents that would put about 4,000 years between the fall of Adam and Eve, and the existence of Jesus Christ.

The Bible clearly says that God took 6 literal 24 hour days, 6 evenings and 6 mornings, see (Genesis 1:2) for His creative process and rested on the 7th day.

We are about 2,000 years from the time of Jesus.

Thus 4,000 + 2,000 years = 6,000 years to the millennium of 1,000 years = 7,000 years.

Which correlates to the 6 days of creation and a rest day with out sin as the evil one is bound by circumstance with no one to deceive based on a thousand years is as one day unto the Lord

So 6,000 years of sin and dealing with satan and a 1,000 years of rest with no sin.
Hi Camper. Your math is correct, which puts our generation (2,000 A.D.) at the end of the sixth day, with the millennial day about to begin. Furthermore, it puts our generation exactly two days out from the crucifixion of Christ, and as everyone knows, He will rise on the third day. Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
thanks but I will stick to the bible based on the
Textus Receptus

Do you realize the the Textus Receptus is riddled with additions to, and subtractions from, the Critical Text?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums