JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
According to Talk Origin: "the underlying theme of the first book of Genesis can't be scientifically proven or disproven". http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-god.html

Because the Bible can not be "proven or disproven", then evolutionists have to create strawman arguements and try to falsify their own strawman. Their favorite is to make up their own YEC theory and then they try to falsify their strawmen version of the theory. I see them do this over and over on this forum like a broken record.

Why don't people just accept the Bible is true. Any attempt they make to try and falsify it, has failed. Yet the Bible tells us why there are scoffers: 2 Peter 3:3 "knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts" They are scoffers because they do not want to live right before God. Peter tells us they want to live according to their own lusts. They do not want to walk in the light, instead they want to walk in darkness.

John 3:19-20
And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
JohnR7 said:
According to Talk Origion: "the underlying theme of the first book of Genesis can't be scientifically proven or disproven". http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-god.html

Because the Bible can not be "proven or disproven", then evolutionists have to create strawman arguements and try to falsify their own strawman. Their favorite is to make up their own YEC theory and then they try to falsify their strawmen version of the theory. I see them do this over and over on this forum like a broken record.
Show me an example of an anti - YEC strawman and we'll talk. So far, the only ones I saw were coming from creationists, e.g. "evolution says that monkeys give birth to humans."

Why don't people just accept the Bible is true. Any attempt they make to try and falsify it, has failed.
There seems to exist the enormous misunderstanding that "not falsifiable" means "true".

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
MrGoodBytes said:
There seems to exist the enormous misunderstanding that "not falsifiable" means "true".

The Bible is true because for hundreds of years science has shown again and again that the Bible is true. No one has ever falsified anything in the Bible.

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
JohnR7 said:
The Bible is true because for hundreds of years science has shown again and again that the Bible is true. No one has ever falsified anything in the Bible.
That's probably because the bible deals almost exclusively with things completely outside the observable world, and is thus unfalsifiable - which, again, does not mean that it is true, quite the opposite.

And many of the things we can observe nowadays have been falsified (e.g. hares chew the cud, leprosy is healed by dove's blood etc.)

Upvote 0

Valkhorn

the Antifloccinaucinihilipili ficationist
Jun 15, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟11,624.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because the Bible can not be "proven or disproven"

Most christians accept this. That is why they have faith.

, then evolutionists have to create strawman arguements and try to falsify their own strawman.

Give us an example. So far what I've seen SCIENTISTS do is gather evidence, try to come up with working theories, and then change theories when new evidence comes around so that the theories still hold.

There is nothing wrong with this - and in fact it is highly logical and makes perfect sense to me.

Their favorite is to make up their own YEC theory and then they try to falsify their strawmen version of the theory

'Evolutionists' making up YEC theories.... Please cite an example.

I see them do this over and over on this forum like a broken record.

Seeing as how every one I've seen believes in either an ancient 4.6 billion year old earth or somehow tries to combine YEC with hyper-evolution (which has not been shown to occur even though normal evolution has) I don't see where you're getting this.

Why don't people just accept the Bible is true. Any attempt they make to try and falsify it, has failed.

Not exactly. Christian geologists tried to look for evidence of a literal genesis (young Earth, garden of Eden, global flood) a long time ago and never found it. Not even 'noah's ark' has ever been found or confirmed to exist.

And what is amusing is you try to prove the Bible is right after this post by quoting the Bible. That is circular reasoning.

In other words, John... I have nothing else to conclude but that either you don't want to listen, and don't want to learn, or you are very arrogant, or indeed a troll, or all of the above.

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
JohnR7 said:

cite some examples, John. Sweeping generalisations do not aid your criticism of "evolutionists".

Not once have you ever presented any actual evidence for your theological belief. All you do is criticize how evolutionists create straw-men and then prance around spewing biblical quotes while claiming victory.

:sleep: You're boring, John.

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
JohnR7 said:
If that were true, we would still be teaching that the universe revolved around a flat earth (with a solid dome atmosphere). :p
Still waiting for your popular example of scientists setting up creationist strawmen, John...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mallon said:
If that were true, we would still be teaching that the universe revolved around a flat earth (with a solid dome atmosphere). :p

This is a myth spread by the flat earth society designed to make christians look bad. You once again are using this lie as a attack against christianity. You should be ashamed of yourself for speading lies like this.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
MrGoodBytes said:
That's probably because the bible deals almost exclusively with things completely outside the observable world, and is thus unfalsifiable - which, again, does not mean that it is true, quite the opposite.

The Bible has been divided up into history, poetry and prophecy. The history is easily verified with archeology, the prophecy has again and again proven to be true as the Bible has shown itself to accurately perdict the future. In fact, the Bible talks about your future.

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
JohnR7 said:
This is a myth spread by the flat earth society designed to make christians look bad. You once again are using this lie as a attack against christianity. You should be ashamed of yourself for speading lies like this.
If I were a liar, then you would have to support your claims that the Flat Earth Society is spreading myth to "make christians look bad." In fact, many flat-earthers are Christian Bible-literalists such as yourself who deny the reality around them because the Bible says otherwise. They think you are misled by the devil and a threat to Christiany for believing that the world is round. See how if feels?

By the way, I just want to point out the hypocrisy by which you operate, John, and as such, the reason for which your arguments hold no water with me. You say in your post above:
JohnR7 said:
They falsified an interpretation of the Bible. The story of Noah in the Bible is still a true story. Science just helps us to have a better understanding of our Bible.
Here, you readily admit that science has falsified a literalist interpretation of the Bible (namely, that the Genesis Flood was global in its span). And yet despite this admission, you continue to claim that the Genesis creation account was real and historically accurate despite the fact that science has also shown it not to be so. You want it one way when it conveniences you; but not the other. Science does not work this way; Christianity does not work this way; the world does not work this way. This is why your arguments hold no sway.
Good day! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
By the way, John, since you're so keen on fleshing out your thoughts with out-of-context Bible passages, here are a few for you that relate to my last post above:

"Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don't know how to interpret this present time?" (Luke 12:56)

"He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 24:51)

"I do not sit with deceitful men, nor do I consort with hypocrites" (Psalms 26:4)

Upvote 0

Valkhorn

the Antifloccinaucinihilipili ficationist
Jun 15, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟11,624.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a myth spread by the flat earth society designed to make christians look bad.

That's what the hebrews believed back then. Learn some history.

Then why do thay allow 40 year old goat hearders like you to do their thinking for them?

I let scientists who know the subjects and have done the research for me do a little bit of thinking for me, but people like Steven Gould, Dawkins or Carl Sagan were not goatherders.

You're a 50 year old carpenter. Why should we listen to you?

Upvote 0