Is The Bible The Word Of God? God never asks us to believe or trust Him w/o evidence.

CObondservant

Aug 26, 2017
Colorado
✟16,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is The Bible The Word Of God?

Is The Bible The Bible The Word of God?
1f31e.png
2 Tim 3:16. 2 Peter 1:20. 1 Thess. 2700 times it claims it is! About twice per page. But claiming isn't proving. 9 books in the world make the same claim. "By faith" isn't good enough. God has never asked us to believe w/o evidence.

EVIDENCE. written over 1500 years. 40 writers 66 perfectly accurately. Geography. Archeology.

SCIENTIFIC FOREKNOWLEDGE. a. The life of the flesh is in the blood. (Geo Washington’s bleeding to death example). All OT prescriptions are accurate.

All peoples around Israel were killing their patients, but the Jews were not dying in their hospitals like their neighbors. But the Jews were doing something very different than their enemies. Skip fwd to 1840’s ...look up Dr Semmelweis and Labor Fever *Puerperal Fever (Childbed Fever), and Dr Koletschka and the passing of germs from the dead in autopsies to live patients in 1840s. In Numbers 19:11-12 in 1450 bc Moses wrote about WASHING with the "water of purification.". . “And the priest shall take cedar wood, and hyssop, and scarlet, and cast it into the midst of the burning of the heifer.” Made from Red pepper, cedar, hyssop which makes lye. Cedar is bactericidal. Scarlet wool made u wash repeatedly and removes the germs from your ridges in your hands.

THE PERFECT RECIPE OF SOAP IN 1450 BC! Burning to make ashes to be thrown in the water makes Lye too. Thymol in Listerine is lye. How could anyone have known about this FOUR THOUSAND YEARS AGO? Yet God told Moses how to make it.

There's more too. It's incredible.
Scientific Foreknowledge and Medical Acumen of the Bible

Reactions: 1213

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Is The Bible The Bible The Word of God?
1f31e.png
2 Tim 3:16. 2 Peter 1:20. 1 Thess. 2700 times it claims it is! About twice per page. But claiming isn't proving. 9 books in the world make the same claim. "By faith" isn't good enough. God has never asked us to believe w/o evidence.

EVIDENCE. written over 1500 years. 40 writers 66 perfectly accurately. Geography. Archeology.

SCIENTIFIC FOREKNOWLEDGE. a. The life of the flesh is in the blood. (Geo Washington’s bleeding to death example). All OT prescriptions are accurate.

All peoples around Israel were killing their patients, but the Jews were not dying in their hospitals like their neighbors. But the Jews were doing something very different than their enemies. Skip fwd to 1840’s ...look up Dr Semmelweis and Labor Fever *Puerperal Fever (Childbed Fever), and Dr Koletschka and the passing of germs from the dead in autopsies to live patients in 1840s. In Numbers 19:11-12 in 1450 bc Moses wrote about WASHING with the "water of purification.". . “And the priest shall take cedar wood, and hyssop, and scarlet, and cast it into the midst of the burning of the heifer.” Made from Red pepper, cedar, hyssop which makes lye. Cedar is bactericidal. Scarlet wool made u wash repeatedly and removes the germs from your ridges in your hands.

THE PERFECT RECIPE OF SOAP IN 1450 BC! Burning to make ashes to be thrown in the water makes Lye too. Thymol in Listerine is lye. How could anyone have known about this FOUR THOUSAND YEARS AGO? Yet God told Moses how to make it.

There's more too. It's incredible.
Scientific Foreknowledge and Medical Acumen of the Bible

Saying the Bible is true just because it says so is circular reasoning that could literally work for any written thing.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That's why the OP says, "But claiming isn't proving. 9 books in the world make the same claim. "By faith" isn't good enough. God has never asked us to believe w/o evidence."
That's why it is called FAITH and not belief by proof.

You say.
"By faith" isn't good enough. God has never asked us to believe w/o evidence."

Where do you get that from?
Are people supposed to believe you just because you have said something, where is your evidence for such a statement, I don't want to fall into the ditch with you.

The Word of God says differently.

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Rom. 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Upvote 0

CObondservant

Aug 26, 2017
Colorado
✟16,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's why it is called FAITH and not belief by proof.

You say.
"By faith" isn't good enough. God has never asked us to believe w/o evidence."

Where do you get that from?
Are people supposed to believe you just because you have said something, where is your evidence for such a statement, I don't want to fall into the ditch with you.

The Word of God says differently.

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Rom. 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Where do I get that from? Well, have you read anywhere in the bible where a faithful person was not taught by God, obeyed, and THEN called faithful?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Where do I get that from? Well, have you read anywhere in the bible where a faithful person was not taught by God, obeyed, and THEN called faithful?
Rom. 11:6
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

What your speaking of is education, Two different things.

Upvote 0

CObondservant

Aug 26, 2017
Colorado
✟16,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rom. 11:6
And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

What your speaking of is education, Two different things.

Whoa there sparky. Slooow it down.... Plz consider:

***THERE IS A MAJOR MISUNDERSTANDING OF THE WORD "WORKS" IN SCRIPTURE IN THE WORLD TODAY***"

Works save me!!" OR, "Works don't save, Jesus does!!" OR "I'm saved by works and faith!" The word "works" doesn't always mean the same thing in every bible passage...

When a bible author writes about works, he can be writing about at least four different kinds of works. It is up to the reader to determine by context which one is correct.

1. Works of the devil (obviously do not save us)

2. Works of men they boast to God in (obviously do not save us[Titus 3:5, Eph 2:10, etc])

3. Works of the Law of Moses (no longer save anyone) and,

4. Works of God that men only participate in. [hearing the right gospel, believing/faith, repenting, confessing publically, being immersed, and doing the work of a Christian - teaching and living pure lives.] (THESE DO SAVE US)

Note that man didn't come up with the plan of salvation - none of it, not even one little part. It doesn't belong to man. It was given to us by God that we with tender hearts might take part in them to please God. God does His part, we do our part. We have free will and God promises to do His part if, and only if we do ours. Make no mistake, each of the five steps of salvation save us, however we are not saved until we are immersed for the correct reason. Note this passage.

"...in whom ye were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off of the body of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ; having been buried with him in baptism, wherein ye were also raised with him through faith in THE WORKING OF GOD, who raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:11-12

What I'm saying is that these are God's commands which God GIVES man to participate in to be saved: Hear, Believe, Repent, Confess, and be Immersed for the remission of our sins FOR salvation. So let's not fight God or look for loopholes out of his commands. Just obey the pattern He gave us.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Let me back up just a bit, your first question was.

Yes it is, and we as Christians should never doubt it.

Second, the name isn't sparky, I am a Cobondservant myself, and as such I expect to be afforded that same courtesy one would give a brother.

Lastly.

Eph. 2:8,9
8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Not by Works, nor by Free Will, but by My Spirit sayeth the Lord.

Who said anything about looking for loopholes?

Upvote 0

CObondservant

Aug 26, 2017
Colorado
✟16,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me back up just a bit, your first question was.

Yes it is, and we as Christians should never doubt it.

Second, the name isn't sparky, I am a Cobondservant myself, and as such I expect to be afforded that same courtesy one would give a brother.

Lastly.

8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Not by Works, nor by Free Will, but by My Spirit sayeth the Lord.

Who said anything about looking for loopholes?

You're using the wrong definition of "work". They dont all mean the same thing. Did you read the OP??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I tell you what,
You're using the wrong definition of "work". They dont all mean the same thing. Did you read the OP??
lets stop playing 20 questions and you say plainly how you are defining the word (WORK - WORKS) then we can move on from there.

I haven't as of yet attempted to define the word, I have just posted Scripture which you seem to disagree with because it doesn't fit your definition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CObondservant

Aug 26, 2017
Colorado
✟16,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tell you what,

lets stop playing 20 questions and you say plainly how you are defining the word (WORK - WORKS) then we can move on from there.

I haven't as of yet attempted to define the word, I have just posted Scripture which you seem to disagree with because it doesn't fit your definition.

Ok, here's how the word works is used in the NT.

2. Works of men they boast to God in (obviously do not save us[Titus 3:5, Eph 2:10, etc])

4. Works of God that men only participate in. [hearing the right gospel, believing/faith, repenting, confessing publically, being immersed, and doing the work of a Christian - teaching and living pure lives.] (THESE DO SAVE US)

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Look, I'll make it really simple for you.

Tell me how YOU are defining the word (WORK- WORKS)
you keep saying I am defining it wrong, and I can't get you to tell me YOUR definition.

I know there are different definitions, but I don't need to know nor understand a word we are not speaking of

I used a verse which uses the word WORKS that is the definition which is in question.

Now in conjunction with the verse from Eph, is this one from John.
These two verses together say it is all of God not of Man.

Is it your belief.
Man has the ability to come to God whenever he wants and ask for or believe for Salvation?

Upvote 0

CObondservant

Aug 26, 2017
Colorado
✟16,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

you keep saying I am defining it wrong, and I can't get you to tell me YOUR definition.

I know there are different definitions, but I don't need to know nor understand a word we are not speaking of

I used a verse which uses the word WORKS that is the definition which is in question.

Is it your belief.
Man has the ability to come to God whenever he wants and ask for or believe for Salvation?

Ok which one of the four is Paul using though? Cant be more than one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

def

Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2010
✟89,770.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is it your belief.

Why just Eph 2:8-9? I think the complete idea runs into verse 10, which says that a person is created in Christ to do good works that God has prepared in advance for us to do. Note that it is works of God, and not own works, which is like filthy rags.

Upvote 0