Is the Bible the complete and final word of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linqinqin

Dec 22, 2015
USA
✟7,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that scripture is the inspired word of God and contains a summary of all the main things we need to know to have a relationship with God. However, it was said in the gospels "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." John 21:25. The Holy Spirit also was given to guide us into all truth.
John 16:13 :"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."
Obviously, His words to us will not contradict what has already been recorded; then, are there something else outside the Bible? At the last days, will God write more words of truth?

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This forum is for proposing one on one debates; if we are interested in this type of discussion, I can set it up, otherwise this is off topic. Let me know and if no one wants to tackle a one on one, I can move this to a more appropriate forum.

Mark
CF Admin

Upvote 0

NonTheologian

Feb 24, 2016
Dallas
✟639.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I believe that scripture is the inspired word of God and contains a summary of all the main things we need to know to have a relationship with God. However, it was said in the gospels "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written." John 21:25. The Holy Spirit also was given to guide us into all truth.
John 16:13 :"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."
Obviously, His words to us will not contradict what has already been recorded; then, are there something else outside the Bible? At the last days, will God write more words of truth?

Is someone who is unable to read and/or understand the Bible (e.g. someone who is mentally impaired) capable of having a relationship with God?

Upvote 0

RyanC111

Feb 24, 2016
Arizona
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Word of God within the Holy Bible is complete, I believe. More specifically, the KJV. Doctrine, much like a legal contract, is specific and precise; leaving nothing out.
2 Timothy 1:13- Hold fast the form of soundwords, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

The doctrine of Christ is sound doctrine. Meaning its perfect and doesn't need to be changed. He has an unending Priesthood! So everything there is to Know about God and His Truth is within the Holy Scriptures. There is nothing left out.

We must keep in mind that the Gospel is Heavenly Wisdom and cannot be interpreted with the carnal mind. We can only come to the Knowledge of the Truth through revelation of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:10-16
But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that wemight know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, no in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Ephesians 1:17-18
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: They eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,

Upvote 0

Super14LDS

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟13,891.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

LDS espouse continuing revelation, who else?

Upvote 0

zianizinou

Jun 28, 2016
algeria
✟8,216.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The bible has changed over time, the Quran hasn't. The Christians follow a book written by human beings in John, mark, Matthew and Luke who had the free will to change it, which they did. All books are different, I mean how can you possibly believe in a book that was written by a human being,
i'm an muslim and i love and i respect jesus more of christians themselves and muslims consider him to be one of God’s greatest messengers to humankind. and his mother Mary is regarded as one of the most pure and exalted women of all creation, Three chapters of the Quran feature the life of Jesus, his mother Mary and their family; each reveals details not found in the Bible.
christians have no relation with the Bible brought by Jesus,and this is not true teachings called by jesus.
While the Quran consists of the direct word of the almighty Allah ( GOD ) and has never been changed. Christians follow the church while Muslims follow the Quran.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Admin Hat...

I have closed this thread; this is a proposal forum, not a debate forum. Discussions of this nature usually would take place in one of the Theology Forums, but since Theology is Christian Only, and some of our participants are not, this would be off topic there also.

Sorry, but I have no other choice in light of our rules.

Mark
CF Asmin

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.