missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay so here's the issue and id love if someone can using reason grounded in Scripture to explain

1 God made man and animals
2 God says man needs a helper nothing at this current time measures up
3 God makes woman from man who is made in the image of God
Now for where we are trying to get truth

Is something made from the original equal to its image or is it in the image of what it came from?

We do know from 1 Peter 3:7 that the woman is the weaker vessel

Please help my friends

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps because the woman was taken from man God made woman bear children so nether could bost over the other? I truly do wish to seek the truth on this subject .
The building up of Christ’s church comes from God’s side as Eve was from Adam’s. The business of God is the building. hth Building up for the purpose of gaining others to Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps because the woman was taken from man God made woman bear children so nether could bost over the other? I truly do wish to seek the truth on this subject .

I tend to see that people are making too big of an issue over it and then harming each other by trying to force them into (or out of) various roles based on gender vs. the unique gifts that God has given each one of us.

God didn't want humans to be alone, so made another human companion for the first human, who may have been male from the start or may not have had a gender at all at the time because "Adam" can be translated simply as "humankind". God also wanted humans to reproduce, so he may have chosen for humans to just self-reproduce, but again, he didn't want humans to be alone, so making a companion *and* making it so that both were necessary for reproduction would have ensured that humans would have each other for companionship.

One of the two would need to be able to physically produce the child, so would receive physical characteristics to allow that person do it. Both would receive physical characteristics to coincide with each other to make the baby in the first place.

So we have two different physical types of people who can produce children when they come together.

Outside of that purpose, there really isn't anything spiritually distinct between them due to gender. The gifts God gives us are per individual person rather than by gender, or we would see results such as ALL women are more nurturing and ALL men are capable warriors. We see proof around us everyday that not one single person falls into an ALL pattern and that God made us all unique and there truly is no Jew or Gentile, male or female, master or slave in Christ Jesus.

Also, back in Paul's time, the reputation of a man's entire household reflects on him and his status within their society. They are his "glory" so to speak. It's an example Paul's readers would be able to easily understand and thus hopefully through such an example, gain a better understanding of Christ and how he relates to us. Paul may have used a different example in our time for the same message, so that we could better understand the message. Paul seems to be very considerate of his audience in the examples he chooses.

• Useful
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay so here's the issue and id love if someone can using reason grounded in Scripture to explain

1 God made man and animals
2 God says man needs a helper nothing at this current time measures up
3 God makes woman from man who is made in the image of God
Now for where we are trying to get truth

Is something made from the original equal to its image or is it in the image of what it came from?

We do know from 1 Peter 3:7 that the woman is the weaker vessel

Please help my friends
God made animals first. Does that make them over man? No.
God is man’s helper if you study that out.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am coming to the idea this discussion is in vain for what glory dose it bring to Christ for what benefit dose it bring any

I truly apolagize for my error and humbley ask for forgiveness from all my family in Christ my brothers and sisters I am sorry

We agree on the important issues

• Friendly
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The building up of Christ’s church comes from God’s
God made animals first. Does that make them over man? No.
God is man’s helper if you study that out.

I was referring to
Gen 2:18
Then the LORD God said,
"It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No no not on this did you not see my apology? Notes on the NT in a whole with no agenda attached
Refer to previous post for comparison of notes. I don’t need the aggravation, thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wether woman be or not it is Gods will and who are we to question Him this is a issue that needs to be forgotten and never brought up again for it produces no fruit

Again I am very sorry to everyone I spoke in vain may you all have mercy on me

• Friendly
Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
wether woman be or not it is Gods will and who are we to question Him this is a issue that needs to be forgotten and never brought up again for it produces no fruit

Again I am very sorry to everyone I spoke in vain may you all have mercy on me
No no not on this did you not see my apology? Notes on the NT in a whole with no agenda attached

I truly am sorry for grieving you I had no intention please forgive me my family
You were just stating your opinion as I was mine so neither need apologize imo. Also imo it does produce fruit but not good fruit. It’s a very timely subject that pops up every time something makes sense coming from a woman. Sad. But discussion is to no avail. Just shows everyone's opinions of the Holy Spirit imho.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You were just stating your opinion as I was mine so neither need apologize imo. Also imo it does produce fruit but not good fruit. It’s a very timely subject that pops up every time something makes sense coming from a woman. Sad. But discussion is to no avail. Just shows everyone's opinions of the Holy Spirit imho.
Just so you know in no way was I trying to down play a woman as I reflect I see how I came across contrary to that in which I'm sorry

• Prayers
Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0

Giacinta

Jul 12, 2015
✟18,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are a lot of passages emphasising the role of women as subervient to men. A number of old testament rules about sex and marriage are framed with women as a type of property. Paul expects women to be silent in church and will not permit them to teach or to have authority over a man (in church. obviously a woman slave owner would have authority over all the male slaves that she owned). I can cite passages if you need them. And these things do look sexist. So is the bible's law and message sexist?

Sexist, homophobic etc are ridiculous terms invented by the Left to control how you think.

You seem to be putting the Left's principles above the Bible, are you?

Upvote 0