Bedford
✟16,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the Antichrist is on the world stage now, he's just not in his final position. I think there will be several of them.

Jesus said,"Discern the Signs of the times."

We can't know the exact time and date but ever since 9/11 I have had a feeling that the end period was started.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think the Antichrist is on the world stage now, he's just not in his final position. I think there will be several of them.

We can't know the exact time and date but ever since 9/11 I have had a feeling that the end period was started.
You could be right. No one knows for sure.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

John's First Epistle indeed says there are many Antichrists.

Actually other parts of the world had decades of terrorism before 9/11.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think the Antichrist is on the world stage now, he's just not in his final position.

That's basically the way I see it as well.

But for him to come to power at all there needs to be an empire composed of ten smaller kingdoms/kings in the world and they will be new kingdoms because Revelation says they have no kingdom yet but receive power as kings for one hour which is the 42 month period.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

He already had for thousands of years. Pullings strings and running the world hidden from public scrutiny.

The many things Jesus preached is how to avoid being deceived by the antichrist, not just for us but also for his disciples.

The mark of the beast is simply money.

If you read the passages in Greek, those in danger are only those who eagerly / aggressively received the mark (money).

In other words - those who love money. (You cannot serve two masters....if your love money, you will hate God and if you hate God, you would hate the son also and thus be an antichrist - Luke 16:13)

Antichrist are lovers of money.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

The enemy has been being 'birthed' so to speak more and more all over the earth for centuries... growing in power and control and deception over mankind as written....

Yahweh Set The Boundaries, All of Them. He won't let the enemy be fully 'birthed' so to speak until it is the Time Yahweh Chooses or Chose (He always knew, from eternity).

The Apostles stated clearly that the end was already 'near' - that 'we' (in the first century) were already in the "last hour"....
so the "end period" as you posted actually
started at least in the first century, according to all Scripture.

Upvote 0

Salvadore

Feb 2, 2020
Nashville
✟40,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I find it interesting to see how everything is connected. A virus causes people to stay in and not drive or fly as much which affects demand for oil. Oil prices drop. Interest rates drop. (some see this as a positive) Stores close. Big events are cancelled. Loss of revenue for some and increase for others (toilet paper). Medical equipment and personnel shortages occur. Leaders will change if they succumb to the virus. Someone has to step in and take control. Anything is possible. Only God knows how this will pan out. I am glad He promised to never leave us. We need to stand on His promises now. We know how it ends. Praise be to God! In answer to your question though-possibly. Stay alert.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I think it's interesting that Jesus was a young adult 2000 years ago, and that we're just a decade away from the anniversary of the resurrection. My question, just because it says nobody knows the day or the hour, does that necessarily mean that we can't know the approximate time frame? A lot of things make it look like it will coincide roughly with the 2000 year anniversary time frame.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think it's interesting that Jesus was a young adult 2000 years ago, and that we're just a decade away from the anniversary of the resurrection. My question, just because it says nobody knows the day or the hour, does that necessarily mean that we can't know the approximate time frame? A lot of things make it look like it will coincide roughly with the 2000 year anniversary time frame.
From all I've read revealed by the Father in Scripture, and throughout history, it looks like most religions including 'Christendom' have been making up stories about this for about 1700 years , I think, and did so to prevent people from finding Yahweh's Kingdom, as Jesus says in the Gospels somewhere.
So, if someone listens to and trusts in men, it is not likely they know anything of this truth.
If someone becomes like a little child, trusting and relying on Jesus and the Father in heaven, (fully repenting of previously trusting men)
then the Father may reveal what is needed concerning Salvation and everything about Salvation in this life and the next as He is well pleased to do so, as Jesus says in the Gospels.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Keep in mind that....

It would be the Two Witnesses unleashing the plagues

The antichrist would be everyone's best friend.

Shocked?? Read your Bibles more, it's in there!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wisdompersonified

Oct 28, 2019
Bedford
✟16,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John's First Epistle indeed says there are many Antichrists.

Actually other parts of the world had decades of terrorism before 9/11.

I agree but this isn't about terrorism, it's about New York. I think New York is Mystery Babylon.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I find it interesting to see how everything is connected. A virus causes people to stay in and not drive or fly as much which affects demand for oil. Oil prices drop. Interest rates drop. (some see this as a positive) Stores close. Big events are cancelled. Loss of revenue for some and increase for others (toilet paper). Medical equipment and personnel shortages occur. Leaders will change if they succumb to the virus. Someone has to step in and take control. Anything is possible. Only God knows how this will pan out. I am glad He promised to never leave us. We need to stand on His promises now. We know how it ends. Praise be to God! In answer to your question though-possibly. Stay alert.
Good analysis. Could be.

Upvote 0

Steve_K

Mar 25, 2020
US
✟15,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

+1

This evil world is ready to embrace a false messiah to 'solve' all the problems which will only intensify. But God is in control and he has a plan to get more people saved!

• Agree
Reactions: Salvadore
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Jesus was talking about the signs concerning the destruction of the Temple, that occurred in 70 AD in the first Jewish-Roman War and the siege by Titus.

As far as antichrists though, St. John says there are many antichrists. There have been antichrists throughout history; the ones he spoke of in his epistles, however, were certain Gnostic or Proto-Gnostic heretics, specifically the Docetists and Cerinthians.

The Docetists get their name from the Greek word dokeo meaning "to seem", as they taught that Jesus only "seemed" to be human, but wasn't actually human at all, but was in fact a kind of divine apparition, a phantasm. The ancient heretic Cerinthus, who gives his name to the Cerinthians, taught that the Christ was a spiritual entity that entered into and took posession of the body and mind of the human named Jesus, having entered Jesus at Jesus' baptism by John the Baptist, and then abandoning Jesus on the cross. These, therefore, denied that Jesus is the Christ, and that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. So as John writes, they "went out from us, but they were not of us" (1 John 2:19).

Such antichrists have been around since the beginning, because the spirit of antichrist--all which opposes Jesus Christ--is heresy. And there are false teachers, false prophets, heretics proclaiming false doctrines which are against Christ. So we are warned of false teachers, false prophets, false christs. Which is why the Apostles in their writings consistently exhort us to cling to the true faith, to receive the word which came from them--which came from Christ Himself--and to not give our ears to those who would seek to seduce the Faithful with words which "tickle the ears".

As far as the "end times", the Apostles in their writings tell us that we have been living in the end, the last days, since the time Christ rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. So the last two thousand years have been the last days, the "end times". Because this is the time after Christ has defeated sin, death, hell, and the devil, having ascended and taken His seat at the right hand of God the Father having been given all power, authority, and dominion. So we are in the crossroads between that which is falling, the old order of death; and the new which is in Christ and that future world we look forward to. The dying gasps of a fallen kingdom, collapsed and collapsing in ruin.

The devil is bound and defeated, his kingdom is fallen, and because of this he knows his time is short and doom is sure, and so he may rage and rage like a wounded, frightened animal; but we know that Christ has the victory, and our life is secure in Him. So as we see the death gasps of a dying kingdom of darkness, things will indeed continue to look ugly. But we look forward, to that day Christ returns, in glory, and the dead are raised up to that live everlasting, when God renews and restores all things. World without end, and God will be all-in-all.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I agree but this isn't about terrorism, it's about New York. I think New York is Mystery Babylon.

The Apocalypse tells us what Babylon was, a city upon seven hills and the center of the ancient world. That's Rome. Babylon rides upon a scarlet/purple beast, that's the color of the emperors. St. John's vision here wasn't of a future tyranical power, but of the tyranical power of his own time.

Of course even though the tyranny of Rome ended with the death of Diocletian and the Edict of Toleration under Constantine, there has never been a shortage of tyrants in the world. So, in that sense, the tyranny which St. John sees in his vision as Rome personified as a blood-drunk prostitute riding upon a beast is never completely gone. Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall, nations rise and nations fall. Tyrants come and tyrants go. So the tyranical powers which seek to dominate seem to be around in any given time or place. The old, dying dragon--the devil--always seeking to undo us, but, we must remember that his time is short, he is defeated, and all the powers of this world have been overcome by Jesus Christ who suffered, died, rose again, ascended and is seated at the right hand of the Father, coming again as judge of the living and the dead.

So even now we can sing this victory chant, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever."

As we approach this Paschal season awaiting the wonderful joys of Easter, remember:

"Victory belongs to the Lord!" - Psalm 3:8

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't think he's here on earth yet.

Because he is to do great signs and wonders that IF possible, would deceive even Christ's very elect, I believe the whole world will know when he arrives. I believe he will make a grand entrance, because just what kind of entrance would one whom the whole world will worship as God, make?

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Keep in mind, according to Paul, the antichrist Beast will remain hidden (to most of the people?) until the day he enters the temple and declares he is the God of the Jews.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't think he's here on earth yet.

Because he is to do great signs and wonders that IF possible, would deceive even Christ's very elect, I believe the whole world will know when he arrives. I believe he will make a grand entrance, because just what kind of entrance would one whom the whole world will worship as God, make?
Davy, I have to disagree. I don't think the world will know about him confirming a 7 year covenant. Or, if someone does confirm a 7 years covenant, he will not yet be identified as the Antichrist. paul tells us he will be revealed as the Antichrist Beast when he enters the temple and declares he is the God of the Jews. There will be no signs and wonders until later when the False Prophet shows up.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The Apocalypse tells us what Babylon was, a city upon seven hills and the center of the ancient world. That's Rome. Babylon rides upon a scarlet/purple beast, that's the color of the emperors. St. John's vision here wasn't of a future tyranical power, but of the tyranical power of his own time.

Of course even though the tyranny of Rome ended with the death of Diocletian and the Edict of Toleration under Constantine, there has never been a shortage of tyrants in the world. So, in that sense, the tyranny which St. John sees in his vision as Rome personified as a blood-drunk prostitute riding upon a beast is never completely gone. Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall, nations rise and nations fall. Tyrants come and tyrants go. So the tyranical powers which seek to dominate seem to be around in any given time or place. The old, dying dragon--the devil--always seeking to undo us, but, we must remember that his time is short, he is defeated, and all the powers of this world have been overcome by Jesus Christ who suffered, died, rose again, ascended and is seated at the right hand of the Father, coming again as judge of the living and the dead.

So even now we can sing this victory chant, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever."

As we approach this Paschal season awaiting the wonderful joys of Easter, remember:

"Victory belongs to the Lord!" - Psalm 3:8

-CryptoLutheran
Sorry, but the bible is far clearer than that. john tells us the woman (riding the beast) is "that great city." In another chapter he identifies the "great city" as Jerusalem. After all, Jerusalem will be the Beast's HQ (headquarters) for most of the last half of the week.

Upvote 0