Is the Antichrist about to rise?

MadJack said:
Why don't you guys pull your faces out of whatever Left Behind novel you're reading and take a look around. You're surrounded by anti-christs!
(1 John 4:3) :rolleyes:
Oh my goodness. You are so right. I put that "Left Behind" book down and now I can see. Whew....so very glad you opened my eyes.

:scratch: I think I liked it better when my face was behind the "Left Behind novel". It is way to scarey in reality.:o It appears the Bible is coming to life again. I think I'll run and hide behind that novel. See you at the feast.;)

Your Sister in Christ,
JAC

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wrong again telstar, you must love the sound of your own keyboard.

No one country in Europe could take Israel. And if all Europeans eventually sign a constitution and join forces, it is unknown where they would rank on this scale.
The E.U? If their ever is such a thing as an E.U military power, lets see what it would look like.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/ED23Ak02.html
If the EU were to emerge as a credible military power, its member states have to raise their defense expenditures to a considerably higher level than the current levels of 2 percent of their respective budgets. Even then, language differences, differences in levels of technological development, and varying levels of military capabilities of various EU nations will serve as formidable barriers in the EU's attempt to develop a powerful military.

Britian will never join an E.U NATO for one, and their will never be one.

[size=+1]Top Five military powers[/size]
1.US
2.Russia
3.CHina
4.Israel
5.India

[size=+1]Israel has between 200 and 400 nuclear weapons, no one knows so I am not sure how you came to that conclusion. And the 4th ranked military machine in the world. [/size]
[size=+1]http://www.i*****ch.co.il/0303ar5.htm[/size]

[size=+1]According to "Defense News" Israeli weapons exports reached a record $3.7 billion in 2002, nearly 40% higher than the $2.6 billion exported in 2001. Israel's orders backlog for weapons and defense equipment in 2002 was equal to Russia's in 2001. For the first time, Israel's arms exports in 2002 put it in third place, after the US and Russia.
[/size]

http://www.rense.com/general23/800lbgorilla.htm

[size=+1]Israel can field 19 divisions of ground troops, by some counts; the United States boasts 13 divisions worldwide and would need weeks to move any significant military force into the region.[/size] [size=+1]Israel's air force, which flies souped-up U.S. F-15 and F-16 fighters, can generate nearly 3,000 sorties, or combat missions, per day. The United States can sustain about 1,600 sorties a day. That kind of combat punch has given Israel unprecedented freedom of action, not just against lightly armed Palestinian street fighters, but against its traditional enemies of Syria and Egypt as well.[/size] [size=+1]The increase in Israel's combat clout comes less from size than from other, intangible factors. For instance, Israeli technicians have added digital and other improvements to their F-16 fighters, making them even more capable than versions used by the U.S. Air Force, Brower said.[/size] [size=+1]And Israel can fly so many combat sorties per day because it has a huge pool of seasoned combat pilots. That enables its air force to use one aircraft again and again during a 24-hour period while exchanging fatigued pilots for fresh ones. The United States does not maintain as many combat pilots per airplane as Israel.[/size]

Reactions: HeatherJay
Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The E.U is giving billions to arafat and it is being used for terror.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3243071.stm

The Palestinian Authority, headed by Yasser Arafat, is paying members of a Palestinian militant organisation which has been responsible for carrying out suicide attacks against Israeli soldiers and civilians, a BBC investigation has found.

A total of up to $50,000 a month is being sent to members of the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, an armed group that emerged shortly after the outbreak of the current Palestinian intifada.

http://www.fair-reporting.com/157/eu_funding_pal.htm

Upvote 0
alonesoldier said:
If the E.U ever did strike Israel.. not saying they would, even though they send billions to Arafat who inturn gives it to terrorist.. so I guess they kind of already are.. But an actually invasion. Not only would Israel stomp them into the ground, the U.S would as well.
You could be correct. But let's say the E.U. goes in camouflaged (here is where the deceit comes in) saying instead of the Palestinians or the Israelis patrolling the occupied land in question, why not allow the E.U. (military) to come in for a short period and patrol and assist (THAT IS A BIG ASSIST) in keeping the peace, saving lives, restoring the economy and creating a Palestinian State.

Something to think about.

YSIC,
JAC

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It depends on who you ask Nitoah. What the OP is refering to is the prevailing belief among christian evangelicals from one interpretation of the Bible that the antichrist will be the King of a revived Roman Empire and will rule the world though deplomacy at first and then cause wars. He is suppose to be indwelt by Satan. So thats what they mean. St.John refered to many antichrist being in the world which is probably what your thinking, and it refers to someone who denies christ and is basicly ungodly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
Pacigoth13 said:
There is no one "literal" Antichrist. There are many antichrists. And yes, we have been, are, and will be surrounded by "antichrists" who deny the Father and the Son. The idea of a singular "Antichrist" as understood by Christian pop culture is theologically obsolete.
Unless of course you read and believe the Bible.

Upvote 0
alonesoldier said:
Wrong again telstar, you must love the sound of your own keyboard.

No one country in Europe could take Israel.
Wrong. The British or the French far outnumber Israel in nuclear weapons, as well as delivery systems.

And the rest of my statement (economically, population wise) goes without saying - the EU far outranks Israel.

And if all Europeans eventually sign a constitution and join forces, it is unknown where they would rank on this scale.
Unknown? No it isn't. If they signed such a constitution and joined forces, they'd be even LARGER and MORE POWERFUL than they are as indepedent countries. That is kinda what it means to "join forces", ya know?

"Unknown"? Perhaps to people like you, but not to anyone who has thought this through.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/ED23Ak02.html
If the EU were to emerge as a credible military power, its member states have to raise their defense expenditures to a considerably higher level than the current levels of 2 percent of their respective budgets. Even then, language differences, differences in levels of technological development, and varying levels of military capabilities of various EU nations will serve as formidable barriers in the EU's attempt to develop a powerful military.

1. So? Just Britain, France and Germany alone would be more than enough to handle Israel. The rest of the EU could sit out the war, and the Europeans would still win.

2. Interoperability, budgets, etc. are issues that have always been around in NATO. Yet NATO solved them. THere is no reason to doubt that the EU could also solve them.

3 You only quoted part of the article above - like most conservatives usually do. The rest of it says:

Looking at the evolution of the EU as an economic superpower, one can safely extrapolate that its emergence as a military one is well within the realm of rational predictability. Thus, to think that as an evolving military power the EU should be content with permanently assigning its military the role of a "cleanup crew" for the US forces implies that the EU will also remain a subservient, if not less relevant, force. Few self-respecting Europeans will consider that a rational or even a reasonable proposition.

Britain will never join an E.U NATO for one, and their will never be one.
Shows how little you know about history. They used to say that about Britain joining the Common Market - "Oh, it'll never happen". They were wrong about that as well. The reality is that Britain will join, if for no other reason than to prevent the French and Germans from running it by themselves.

Top Five military powers
1.US
2.Russia
3.CHina
4.Israel
5.India

Israel has between 200 and 400 nuclear weapons, no one knows so I am not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Easy. Your data is wrong.

According to "Defense News" Israeli weapons exports reached a record $3.7 billion in 2002, nearly 40% higher than the $2.6 billion exported in 2001

Which says nothing about their military ability. Only about their export market. A country can have a lot of arms exports, without being a major military power. Especially if those arms exports are destined for 3rd world countries, who usually can't afford the most accurate, highest quality equipment. So the size of a country's arms industry and its export market says nothing about the size or readiness of their military. If you don't understand the difference, then you should probably not comment on the topic.

Israel can field 19 divisions of ground troops, by some counts; the United States boasts 13 divisions worldwide and would need weeks to move any significant military force into the region.

1. However, the divisions are not measured on equivalent basis.
2. Ground troops are not the same as military ability.
3. The USA obviuosly does not need that amount of time to move troops into the area; as demonstrated in the current war on (some) terrorism.

Israel's air force,

Your source for this has been knocked out by the ChristianForums auto-censor software. I can't verify or read it.

But I will note that the F-15 and F-16 are planes that are almost 30 years old. Like the Los Angeles class submarines, they are nearing the end of their useful lifetime, and are being replaced by newer products.

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Israels military out ranks any one country in the E.U? Correct?

An axis of cowards and Nazis like France and Germany uniting to take on Israel is unlikely. But they would still loose. Ever hear of what Israels nuclear strategy is in such a case?

Upvote 0
alonesoldier said:
The E.U is giving billions to arafat and it is being used for terror.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3243071.stm

The Palestinian Authority, headed by Yasser Arafat, is paying members of a Palestinian militant organisation which has been responsible for carrying out suicide attacks against Israeli soldiers and civilians, a BBC investigation has found.

A total of up to $50,000 a month is being sent to members of the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, an armed group that emerged shortly after the outbreak of the current Palestinian intifada.

http://www.fair-reporting.com/157/eu_funding_pal.htm
Sorry; your math and reading skills must both be really bad.

1. You claimed that this money was being sent by Europe. But the BBC article clearly states that it is being sent by Arafat to the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade. In other words, Europe isn't involved.

2. You claimed that "billions" were being sent by Europe. But the article only says "$50,000 per month". By that reckoning, it would take over 3,300 years to equal two billion dollars worth of funding. And of course, it isn't coming from the EU anyhow, but that's just a small detail to you, isn't it? :rolleyes:

3. Yes, I saw your second reference. However, it's a right-wing spin organization. I have therefore discounted it. If you can prove the same point with reliable sources, then let us know.

Upvote 0
alonesoldier said:
Wrong. The French or UK nuclear deterrent (as well as the delivery systems) give both of those countries a decided advantage.

An axis of cowards and Nazis like France and Germany uniting to take on Israel is unlikely.
Not according to the "Antichrist" theory that started this thread.

Are you saying that a belief in Antichrist and a world government is therefore unlikely?

But they would still loose. Ever hear of what Israels nuclear strategy is in such a case?
Yes, I've heard of the "Samson Option". But that tactic wouldn't matter. Both the UK and France possess SLBMs, which could strike Israel without ever leaving their French or British ports. Several hundred nuclear warheads raining down on Israel, without a single soldier on the ground.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
alonesoldier said:

An axis of cowards and Nazis like France and Germany uniting to take on Israel is unlikely. But they would still loose. Ever hear of what Israels nuclear strategy is in such a case?
Personally, I'm not familiar with it, but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "flip nukes in every direction like they're going out of style..."

Am I close?

Upvote 0

Big Mouth Nana

Post Tribulationist
Sep 9, 2003
Bakersfield,California
Visit site
✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
revolutio said:
I will laugh extra hard for you because I don't think you have enough laughter in your life. :)
I bet he does, as well as I do. The joy of the Lord is our strength...Nehemiah 8:10

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where do I go to join that military force? The current government in Israel has got to go, not until Arabs and Jews can live side by side with the same rights and liberties will there be any chance of peace.

Just a Child said:
I think we might all get a shock when the E.U. shows that it has already formed a military force ready to strike in Israel. May come soon. Continue to watch but don't forget to keep your eyes on Christ.:sigh:

Your Sister in Christ,
JAC

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The European Union has given billions of dollars to Arafat. Arafat is shelling out the money at 50,000 dollars a month. Which part don't you understand. Read more carefully. Actually they fund an entire 10% of the
Palestinian Authority budget.

And Israel has a delivery system which can reach Europe.

It's okay I know that for a leftest on the fringe that things like facts can't stand in the way.

Upvote 0
I have to ask. Has anyone heard the name, Javier Solana? I haven't heard FOX News, CNN, ABC, CBS or any other American television news report on the acceleration of the creation of the European Union. Has anyone reported that Javier is the E.U. foreign policy chief? Where the heck did he come from? (I might tell if you want to know)

How about Colin Powell's visit to Brussel's this week? Have you heard about it? Not in the US. This is becoming extremely interesting.

Read http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/story.jsp?story=464488. I guess we'll soon soon see.

YSIC,
JAC

Upvote 0