Is the 6th seal about the destruction of Jerusalem?

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wonder why you require "evidence" from me when you continually fail to produce the same when asked of you? Why should we give you a pass?

I'll throw you a bone:

I agree with this:
Tertullian (A.D. 145-220) wrote: "'But at night He went out to the Mount of Olives.' For thus had Zechariah pointed out: 'And His feet shall stand in that day on the Mount of Olives' [Zech. xiv. 4].

Tertullian was alluding to the fact that the Olivet prophecy set the stage for the judgment-coming of Christ that would once for all break down the Jewish/Gentile division. Matthew Henry explains the theology behind the prophecy:

The partition-wall between Jew and Gentiles shall be taken away. The mountains about Jerusalem, and particularly this, signified it to be an enclosure, and that it stood in the way of those who would approach to it. Between the Gentiles and Jerusalem this mountain of Bether, of division, stood, Cant. ii. 17. But by the destruction of Jerusalem this mountain shall be made to cleave in the midst, and so the Jewish pale shall be taken down, and the church laid in common with the Gentiles, who were made one with the Jews by the breaking down of this middle wall of partition, Eph. ii. 14.8

Please demonstrate for us how the above is an unreasonable, incorrect interpretation of the Passage in Zechariah.
Please use objectivity.

If that isn't enough, check this out... Complete with Photographic, physical Evidence!

The fact that Jesus stood on the Mt. of Olives is confirmed by the fact that the Mount of Olives was split in two from east to west by a Roman road in the first century.

And indeed it was and is! The Mt. of Olives was, in fact, split down the middle by a Roman road that formed a valley through the middle of the mountain in the first century.

Below is a photograph of the Mount of Olives taken a little over a hundred years ago showing the Mount of Olives split in two by a road.

img_4424.jpg

Did the Romans die in this manner?

Zechariah 14:12 KJV: And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

This sounds much like the plague of Hiroshima.Is that how the Romans died?

Reactions: seventysevens
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wonder why you require "evidence" from me when you continually fail to produce the same when asked of you? Why should we give you a pass?

I'll throw you a bone:

I agree with this:
Tertullian (A.D. 145-220) wrote: "'But at night He went out to the Mount of Olives.' For thus had Zechariah pointed out: 'And His feet shall stand in that day on the Mount of Olives' [Zech. xiv. 4].

Tertullian was alluding to the fact that the Olivet prophecy set the stage for the judgment-coming of Christ that would once for all break down the Jewish/Gentile division. Matthew Henry explains the theology behind the prophecy:

The partition-wall between Jew and Gentiles shall be taken away. The mountains about Jerusalem, and particularly this, signified it to be an enclosure, and that it stood in the way of those who would approach to it. Between the Gentiles and Jerusalem this mountain of Bether, of division, stood, Cant. ii. 17. But by the destruction of Jerusalem this mountain shall be made to cleave in the midst, and so the Jewish pale shall be taken down, and the church laid in common with the Gentiles, who were made one with the Jews by the breaking down of this middle wall of partition, Eph. ii. 14.8

Please demonstrate for us how the above is an unreasonable, incorrect interpretation of the Passage in Zechariah.
Please use objectivity.

If that isn't enough, check this out... Complete with Photographic, physical Evidence!

The fact that Jesus stood on the Mt. of Olives is confirmed by the fact that the Mount of Olives was split in two from east to west by a Roman road in the first century.

And indeed it was and is! The Mt. of Olives was, in fact, split down the middle by a Roman road that formed a valley through the middle of the mountain in the first century.

Below is a photograph of the Mount of Olives taken a little over a hundred years ago showing the Mount of Olives split in two by a road.

img_4424.jpg
Hilarious - thee most significant proof of all that will prove the events of Revelation is Jesus will in physical form such as you can see him with your eyes , shake His hand and walk on this earth with Him who created it will happen -
If you choose not to believe that , well that is on you , you can believe whatever you want to , Many scriptures tell us straight out point blank that Jesus will Physically reign on earth after the events of revelation happen - because it is about revealing Jesus the Almighty God ruling and reigning physically on earth
If you do not believe the Bible that is for you to reconcile unto HIM

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hilarious - thee most significant proof of all that will prove the events of Revelation is Jesus will in physical form such as you can see him with your eyes , shake His hand and walk on this earth with Him who created it will happen -
If you choose not to believe that , well that is on you , you can believe whatever you want to , Many scriptures tell us straight out point blank that Jesus will Physically reign on earth after the events of revelation happen - because it is about revealing Jesus the Almighty God ruling and reigning physically on earth
If you do not believe the Bible that is for you to reconcile unto HIM

So, your position is that sometime in the future we'll have to trade our present reality of being actual living stones in the temple of our lord, the very Body of Christ, always near, never afar and needing to "approach God" for He is within us...for a future reality of being separated from God, far off, needing to cleanse ourselves via atonement of the shed blood of bulls and goats, and be required to be physically circumcised before we can attempt such an approach, and stand in line once a year witha Billion or so other folks to "shake His Hand"?

And this will be a "Better Country"?

Hilarious indeed.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to this "Backwards Redemption-Replacement Theology" that replaces the Perfect Shed Blood of Christ with the imperfect Blood of Bulls and Goats, regardless of how popular it may seem on this board.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The 79AD eruption of Mt Vesuvius most certainly smote the Romans in this way.

You do understand what happens to the human body when it is subjected to a pyroclastic flow, right?
Pompeiians Flash-Heated to Death—"No Time to Suffocate"

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, your position is that sometime in the future we'll have to trade our present reality of being actual living stones in the temple of our lord, the very Body of Christ, always near, never afar and needing to "approach God" for He is within us...for a future reality of being separated from God, far off, needing to cleanse ourselves via atonement of the shed blood of bulls and goats, and be required to be physically circumcised before we can attempt such an approach, and stand in line once a year witha Billion or so other folks to "shake His Hand"?

And this will be a "Better Country"?

Hilarious indeed.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to this "Backwards Redemption-Replacement Theology" that replaces the Perfect Shed Blood of Christ with the imperfect Blood of Bulls and Goats, regardless of how popular it may seem on this board.
Apparently whatever it is that you do subscribe to has neglected to include/understand why the Word of God was given to man.

God created man in the image/likeness of Himself for the purpose for us to have true fellowship with Him, that is something He did not do with the animal world nor the angels
God created Adam and walked with Adam and had fellowship with Adam in Eden- but after Adam sinned - God could not be in the physical presence of sinful man - The Word of God is given to us for those of us who want to be with Jesus in His physical presence , so we know how to prepare for that day

For the restoration is for the purpose that God can once again fellowship face to face with His most beloved creation , because when we receive our glorified incorruptible bodies , we will be completely free from all sin and be in a incorruptible body so that we can live with God face to face for all of eternity

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The 79AD eruption of Mt Vesuvius most certainly smote the Romans in this way.

You do understand what happens to the human body when it is subjected to a pyroclastic flow, right?
Pompeiians Flash-Heated to Death—"No Time to Suffocate"

So Rome was destroyed in that matter or you believe God missed Rome and tbosr who came against Jerusalem ?
I thinking the kings of Rome were in Rome.Not Pompeii.

Also,there were no legions there.All Roman legions were on the borders.The only soldiers killed were navy men attempting to save the few remaining citizens who had stayed in the area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 7:13-14 is not the end of the age, because the Kingdom of God is not the ruling the kingdom here on this earth yet, having dominion over the nations which Jesus rules will a rod of iron to keep them from doing wickedness.

It is Jesus returning to heaven to receive the Kingdom of Heaven - which when he returns back down to earth the second time, all nations, peoples, shall serve him, during his 1000 year reign here on this present earth.

First coming is when the Lord of Heaven entered this world taking on flesh to add to his being God to also being a man, but not Adam man having the sinful nature.

Then his return to heaven in Acts 1 to the throne of God, and given the Kingdom of Heaven.

His second coming will be his descent, return to the Mt. of Olives, to rule and reign here on this present earth for a thousand years over the nations with a rod of iron, that they do not do wickedness.

If you start talking about three comings, using the term "three", when the bible says coming a second time in reference to Jesus's return to earth, which is described in Revelation 19 - that is not a good idea. It is best when possible to stick to the terminology in the bible.

Daniel 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

This is what the text indicates----one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven. Is that describing a coming or not? The text indicates---with the clouds of heaven. What would be the significance of that in this context?

My point is then this. If the above is a coming, but not the first coming nor the 2nd coming, it is still a coming to somewhere from somewhere. Per this scene above in Daniel 7, where would Jesus have been coming from before He arrives to brought before the Father?

Unless one can answer these questions above to satisfaction, where the answers contradict my conclusions, in the meantime, I'm not seeing why I'm wrong to be concluding what I do?

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I offer people data / info in how they can improve their search - Not my search but theirs it is expected that they do they search and not expect me to do it for them

What data? I am still waiting on your source for post 70ad evidence, so I can look it up for myself. You still have not provided that.

to say that the 6th seal has happened - it is required to accept the fact that all the other seals , trumpets and bowls have happened as well because ALL of them happen in no more than I'll go the extra mile and say 3 decades , but much more likely to be less than one decade / like 7 years - so suffice to say that if the 6th seal has happened then there will be much physical tangible evidence of ALL the destruction described in book of Revelation -not just part of it - it cannot be any other way

Right off the bat, we know the events that John is going to prophecy about will SOON TAKE PLACE
Revelation 1:1-4
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what MUST SOON TAKE PLACE. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because THE TIME IS NEAR.

Seal #1

Revelation 6:1 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

Luke 21:9 When you hear of wars and uprisings, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.”

**Historically, there were many wars within the Roman empire during this time, as Jesus prophesied.

Seal #2
revelation 6:3-4 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

Luke 21:10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

**Historically, there were many wars within the Roman empire during this time, as Jesus prophesied

Seal #3

Revelatoin 6: 5-6 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two poundsa of wheat for a day’s wages,b and six poundsc of barley for a day’s wages,d and do not damage the oil and the wine!”

Luke 21:11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

**Josephus records that rich people sold all they had for wheat and poor people sold all they had for barley during a severe famine that plagued Jerusalem leading up to its destruction

Seal #4
Revelation 6:7-8 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Luke 21:10-11 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. Luke There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

**historically there were wars, famines, and pestilences that occurred during this time period, as Jesus predicted

Seal #5
Revelation 6:9-10 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

Luke 21:12-13 But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. And so you will bear testimony to me.

**the apostles were persecuted and killed during this time period as Jesus predicted.

Seal #6 (a)
Revelation 6:12-14 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Luke 21:25 There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

**In Luke 21 Jesus uses the language from Isaiah 13 in conjunction with Jerusalem's destruction. In Isaiah 13, apocalyptic language is used in regards to the destruction of Babylon by medo-persia. Interestingly enough, the great harlot, aka the great city, aka the city where Jesus was crucified, is also called Babylon the great. The prostitute is destroyed by a 7 headed beast that is very similar to the beasts in Daniel 7 (lion, bear, leopard, beast). This correlates with the destruction and trampling of Israel by (Babylon: lion, Persia: bear, Leopard: Greece, Beast: Rome.)

Seal #6 (b)
Revelation 6:15-17 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide usf from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of theirg wrath has come, and who can withstand it?”

Luke 21:20-22 When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people.

Luke 23:28-30 But turning to them Jesus said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 29For behold, the days are coming when they will say, ‘Blessed are the barren and the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!30Then they will begin to say to the mountains, ‘Fall on us,’ and to the hills, ‘Cover us.

When people say that Jesus is reigning over earth now is not including a massive amount of scripture -
Which then if you do not accept that then it requires dozens of posts to prove it and I do not have the kind of time to do it -

There is no "massive" amount of scripture that shows Jesus is not reigning now In fact the early Church was persecuted for believing Jesus was their current King:

Acts 17:6-7 And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, “These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also, 7and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.”

The fact that all 7 seals , 7 trumpets , 7 bowls happen in succession - once they start they do not stop till all is finished
There is no evidence of any seals , trumpets , or bowls being done and since Jesus spoke in Luke 23 nearly 2000 years ago and no evidence of any type is found to prove the 7 seals , 7 trumpets , 7 bowls happened , the only sensible understanding there is , Is to accept that they have not yet happened , but will happen
To try to say that things have happened when there is no proof of it ;is not accepting the fact that is has not yet happened

There is in fact evidence: Do you we see a temple still standing in Jerusalem? No, it was destroyed just as Jesus had prophesied.

Luke 25:5-7 5And while some were speaking of the temple, how it was adorned with noble stones and offerings, he said, 6“As for these things that you see, the days will come when there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” And they asked him, “Teacher, when will these things be, and what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?”

You can be speaking to someone who has no use of their arms and legs and describe to them saying -
'when you are snow skiing in the Alps the air is so crisp and clean '
obviously the you in reference there is not the person you are speaking to

So there were no false prophets during the generation of the disciples?
So there were no famines, pestilence, or earthquakes during the time of disciples?
So there was no persecution of the disciples during their generation?
Jerusalem was no surrounded by armies during the disciples generation?
The temple was not destroyed during the disciples generation?

All the 'you' in the olivet discourse are not actually directed toward the disciples?

So may be the disciples misunderstood Jesus and that is why they thought they were living in the last days at the end of the age?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes facts are what is to be discerned
looking for info on how long John was on Patmos will help identify when the book was written, it is not me that needs to be convinced it was written well after 70 AD

Right, its me that needs to be convinced. So if you can provide your source, that would be very helpful.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 7:13-14 is not the end of the age, because the Kingdom of God is not the ruling the kingdom here on this earth yet, having dominion over the nations which Jesus rules will a rod of iron to keep them from doing wickedness.

I haven't been arguing it is the end of the age. I have been arguing that the time meant is some time soon after the ascension back into heaven in the first century. Only in regards to the part about coming with the clouds of heaven, then being brought before the Father, and then given a kingdom, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'when you are snow skiing in the Alps the air is so crisp and clean '
obviously the you in reference there is not the person you are speaking to because they have not the ability to ski

That would be quite an inappropriate thing to say to someone who has no arms and legs because they would have no idea what your talking about. Using 'you' would not be correct.

The use of 'you' would be used to relate with the audience. However, in this example, the man with no arms or legs would have no idea what skiing is like.

He was speaking of the generation that sees ALL of the things he just talked about

Which was the disciples generation:

they saw famines, earthquakes, pestilence, false teachers, persecution, temple destruction, Jerusalem's destruction.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right, its me that needs to be convinced. So if you can provide your source, that would be very helpful.
I do not see any point in addressing your extremely long posts that show nothing more than your refusal to accept the fact that you base everything on assuming things have happened that have not happened - I keep telling you that the only reason I gave you any information is so that you can use it to continue your search on how to determine the closest time when Revelation was written ,
You are the one saying the 6th seal of Revelation compared to Luke 23 has been fulfilled when it has not been , as it has been shown once the 6th seal is opened ALL the rest of the seals , trumpets and bowls follow immediately after within a few short years and NONE of it has happened yet as the end outcome is Jesus Physically reigning on earth
You can believe whatever you want , but you cannot prove it to have happened

Apparently whatever it is that you do subscribe to has neglected to include/understand why the Word of God was given to man.

God created man in the image/likeness of Himself for the purpose for us to have true fellowship with Him, that is something He did not do with the animal world nor the angels
God created Adam and walked with Adam and had fellowship with Adam in Eden- but after Adam sinned - God could not be in the physical presence of sinful man - The Word of God is given to us for those of us who want to be with Jesus in His physical presence , so we know how to prepare for that day

For the restoration is for the purpose that God can once again fellowship face to face with His most beloved creation , because when we receive our glorified incorruptible bodies , we will be completely free from all sin and be in a incorruptible body so that we can live with God face to face for all of eternity

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not see any point in addressing your extremely long posts that show nothing more than your refusal to accept the fact that you base everything on assuming things have happened that have not happened -

This about the response expected.........

I don't have to assume the Jewish roman war happened and that Jerusalem and temple were destroyed. It actually happened. That is a known fact.

I keep telling you that the only reason I gave you any information is so that you can use it to continue your search on how to determine the closest time when Revelation was written ,

You didn't actually give me any information. You stated your opinion from a source you read. what source are you using for your dating of revelation so I can look it up for myself? How many times have I asked this and you still won't provide it?

You are the one saying the 6th seal of Revelation to Luke 23 has been fulfilled when it has not been ,

So the prophecy of luke 23 given by Jesus to daughters of Jerusalem wasn't about the coming destruction in 70 ad?

as it has been shown once the 6th seal is opened ALL the rest of the seals , trumpets and bowls follow

Well it appears you have not read my post. It must be a major coincidence, that the seals line up with the olivet discourse very nicely. And the events of the olivet discourse leading up to the temple destruction can be historically verified.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right off the bat, we know the events that John is going to prophecy about will SOON TAKE PLACE
Revelation 1:1-4
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what MUST SOON TAKE PLACE. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because THE TIME IS NEAR.

what MUST SOON TAKE PLACE----because THE TIME IS NEAR. That has to include these passages below, too, correct? Are not the verses below also things John saw and was told to write?

Revelation 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with this. The 6th seal is definitely in regards to the tribulation, where women will say blessed are the barren and cry out for the mountains 'to fall on us' (luke 23).

Except I never indicated the 6th seal was in regards to the tribulation. I indicated it was in regards to after the tribulation, but prior to the 2nd coming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That would be quite an inappropriate thing to say to someone who has no arms and legs because they would have no idea what your talking about. Using 'you' would not be correct.

The use of 'you' would be used to relate with the audience. However, in this example, the man with no arms or legs would have no idea what skiing is like.
Either you intentionally disregard the fact of how tens of millions of people talk , or you have absolutely no understanding
the phrase 'you know' prefaces probably more statements than any other words prefacing a statement ,...by the same token the use of the word "you" is the same thing which is why you do not understand it
So the prophecy of luke 23 given by Jesus to daughters of Jerusalem wasn't about the coming destruction in 70 ad?
This is why you are not understanding -
It does not matter if I say it was 70 AD or not 70 AD

when you really understand that when the 6th seal is opened ALL the seals , trumpets and bowls follow immediately in succession - so that means if you say that the 6th seal has been opened - you must acknowledge that since your claim is for 70 AD , you must prove that ALL the seals, trumpets and bowls have happened and the Jesus is now physically on earth ruling

since you cannot prove that you should acknowledge the 6th seal has not been opened

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMO the following is the timing of the 6th seal.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Matthew 24:29 places the events of the 6th seal immediately after the tribulation of those days.

Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth
, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us
, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Luke 21:26 indicates----Men's hearts failing them for fear----while Revelation 6:15-16 depicts them hiding themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains. Ask yourself this. Who would likely be hiding themselves like that? One in fear of his or her life? Or one that is not in fear of anything? The former of course---thus---it matches with Men's hearts failing them for fear.

If I am correct that the 6th seal events are meaning Luke 21:25-26, for one, according to Matthew 24:29 then, Jesus claimed these events occur immediately after the tribulation of those days. Maybe you might want to call Jesus a liar for claiming that, but I sure don't want to. I can read what He said per the text---He clearly claimed these things occur, not before nor during the trib of those days, but immediately after the tribulation of those days instead.

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Obviously then, that places the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory, AFTER the trib of those days, and AFTER the events recorded in Luke 21:25-26, IOW AFTER the 6th seal events. Or maybe better yet, sometime during those events. IOW, it is ludicrous to apply Matthew 24:30 to the time of the trib of those days. Verse 29 proves verse 30 has to be applied to a time post the trib of those days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what MUST SOON TAKE PLACE----because THE TIME IS NEAR. That has to include these passages below, too, correct? Are not the verses below also things John saw and was told to write?

I assume so, considering John doesn't tell us only some things will happen soon and others a long time from now.

Considering the angel told Daniel to seal up prophecy about Greece and Persia because it was in the distant future

Daniel 8:26 The vision of the evenings and mornings that has been given you is true, but seal up the vision, for it concerns the distant future.”

but told john not to seal it up because it was near

Revelation 22:10 Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of prophecy in this book, because the time is near

I'm pretty sure soon means soon.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Matthew 16:27-28 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The old heavens and earth is the way the world was; separated from God. On earth we were separated from God (old covenant temple as a picture) and in heaven we were separated from God (no one ascended to the Father before Christ, John 3:13). Even Jesus himself said nothing in the law would change until heaven and earth passed away (Matthew 5:18)

The new heavens and earth are where we now dwell with Father. There is longer separation. He dwells with us on earth in spirit and we may now enter into his presence when we go home upon our physical death.

And the way to the presence of the Father was not fully made known until the first tabernacle was removed. This removal happened in 70ad.

Hebrews 9:8 The Holy Spirit was showing by this that the way into the Most Holy Place had not yet been disclosed as long as the first tabernacle is still functioning.

The church is the bride and body of Christ:

Revelation 21:9 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb

Ephesians 5:31-32 “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.

This New Jerusalem in revelation sounds familiar:

Revelation 21:3,13-14 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling placea of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people,b and God himself will be with them as their God. on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Ephesians 2:18-22 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19So then you are no longer strangers and aliens,d but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God bye the Spirit.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you must prove that ALL the seals, trumpets and bowls have happened and the Jesus is now physically on earth ruling

since you cannot prove that you should acknowledge the 6th seal has not been opened

I mean it will take awhile and a lot of posts, but we can go through each of the seals, trumpets, and bowls and show how they line up nicely with olivet discourse as well as the history of Jewish Roman war. But I have a feeling you won't really care.

and we can go through all the scriptures that show Christ is currently reigning over the heavens and the earth now, but I have a feeling you'll just dismiss it.

Upvote 0