Is the 1st resurrection initially being applied before or after death?

Seville90210

Psalm 118:26
Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Making it easier to read does not make it right or true.

I disagree! A vast majority of mistakes you've posted are from your interpretation, not an error from the bible.

Case and point:

Even when you're using the King James, you still think the chain and 1000 years are a metaphor. Therefore, the problem is not the bible, it's you.

Revelation 20:1-3 King James Version (KJV)
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Use an easier to understand bible. It make a world of difference for some folks.

Proverbs 6:6-11 King James Version (KJV)
6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.

Proverbs 6:6-11 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
The Dangers of Being Lazy
6 You lazy people, you should watch what the ants do and learn from them. 7 Ants have no ruler, no boss, and no leader. 8 But in the summer, ants gather all of their food and save it. So when winter comes, there is plenty to eat.

9 You lazy people, how long are you going to lie there? When will you get up? 10 You say, “I need a rest. I think I’ll take a short nap.” 11 But then you sleep and sleep and become poorer and poorer. Soon you will have nothing. It will be as if a thief came and stole everything you owned.

Proverb 6:6-11 KJV;ERV - Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider - Bible Gateway

If you can't understand the translation, it's foolish to keep using it.

ERV has many errors and verses omit. Not good bible.

Post one verse the ERV omitted.

Just one! Not 10, not 5, not even 2. Just post one single verse!

I can see why you like to quote ERV to promote your false doctrine.

I'm not the one pushing Amillennialism in this forum.
  • Your doctrine denies the Second Coming.
  • Your doctrine denies the resurrection.
  • Your doctrine denies majority of the entire bible.
  • Your doctrine denies God's promise to the Jewish people.
  • Your doctrine rejects the Jewish people.
  • Your doctrine denies the existence of Israel.
  • Your doctrine denies the 70th week prophecy.
  • Your doctrine denies the rapture of the Church.
  • Your doctrine denies Christ's Millennial reign on earth.
  • Your doctrine denies almost everything in the bible except a few verses to make it work.

From the words of a former Amillennialist.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do your own researching.

Are you meaning that sarcastically? Why do I need to do my own researching? I already indicated I take your word for it about the translation in question. I couldn't care less about that translation since it will never be a translation I ever plan on using. What is there for me to research then?

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Even when you're using the King James, you still think the chain and 1000 years are a metaphor.

Yes.

Therefore, the problem is not the bible, it's you.

No, it is you that lacks spiritual discernment.

If you can't understand the translation, it's foolish to keep using it.

Case and point :preach:

bibleverses.png

Post one verse the ERV omitted.

Just one! Not 10, not 5, not even 2. Just post one single verse!

Google "why the modern translations omit verses." There are people who wrote in support or against it. Do you own researching! My position is that modern translations are dangerous.

I'm not the one pushing Amillennialism in this forum.

Not all amillennialists are created equally. Like Premillennialism, amillennialists has its share of it own different eschatology interpretation. For example, some amillennialists believe the Roman Catholic Church is the beast or Babylon the Great. As for the listing...
  • Your doctrine denies the Second Coming. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies the resurrection. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies majority of the entire bible. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies God's promise to the Jewish people. (False)
  • Your doctrine rejects the Jewish people. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies the existence of Israel. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies the 70th week prophecy. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies the rapture of the Church. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies Christ's Millennial reign on earth. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies almost everything in the bible except a few verses to make it work. (False)
To try to compare me with that confused amillennialist who do not share the same interpretations on many subjects is foolish.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you meaning that sarcastically? Why do I need to do my own researching?

I will not do any homework for you. If you want to know what I know, you need to do what I did and allow God to reveal the Truth to you.

I already indicated I take your word for it about the translation in question. I couldn't care less about that translation since it will never be a translation I ever plan on using. What is there for me to research then?

Then don't waste your breath on this and move on.

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Google "why the modern translations omit verses." There are people who wrote in support or against it. Do you own researching! My position is that modern translations are dangerous.

You did not say it was the modern translations that omit verses. Your original comment was the ERV omit verses.

TrinbulationSigns wrote:

You just lost all credibility. Also you were unable to find any verses omitted from the ERV. You're just a bunch of hot air.

• Your doctrine denies Christ's Millennial reign on earth. (False)
  • Your doctrine denies almost everything in the bible except a few verses to make it work. (False)
To try to compare me with that confused amillennialist who do not share the same interpretations on many subjects is foolish.

It's not false! The literal definition of Amillennialism is one that does not believe in a literally 1000 year reign of Christ on earth.

Don't you know what your own doctrine teaches?

Amillennialism - Wikipedia

Amillennialism (Greek: a- "no" + millennialism), or amillenarism, in Christian eschatology, involves the rejection of the belief that Jesus will have a literal, thousand-year-long, physical reign on the earth. This rejection contrasts with premillennial and some postmillennialinterpretations of chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation.

What is amillennialism?

Question: "What is amillennialism?"

Answer:
Amillennialism is the name given to the belief that there will not be a literal 1,000-year reign of Christ. The people who hold to this belief are called amillennialists. The prefix “a-” in amillennialism means “no” or “not.” Hence, “amillennialism” means “no millennium.”

Either you are wrong or everyone else is right.

Only the King James Version has unicorns. How can anyone not know unicorns do not exist and injected unicorns into the text?

Numbers 23:22 KJV
God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

Numbers 24:8 KJV
God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.

Deuteronomy 33:17 KJV
His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Job 39:9 KJV
Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

Job 39:10 KJV
Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

Psalm 22:21 KJV
Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalm 29:6 KJV
He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

Psalm 92:10 KJV
But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Isaiah 34:7 KJV
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Your flawless translation can't count correctly either.

Proverbs 6:16-19 King James Version (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 6:16-19 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
16 The Lord hates these seven things:
17 eyes that show pride,
tongues that tell lies,
hands that kill innocent people,
18 hearts that plan evil things to do,
feet that run to do evil,
19 witnesses in court who tell lies,
and anyone who causes family members to fight.

The King James Version is not the most accurate translation available, that honor goes to the NASB version. Google yourself and check it out!

But the King James Version does get top honor as the most difficult translation to understand. Google yourself and check it out!

And while the KJV continues to go over your head, why keep using a translations you can't understand or figure out?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you want to know what I know, you need to do what I did and allow God to reveal the Truth to you.

Oh brother! Are you sure it's God talking to you Mr. Amillennialism?

Zechariah 3:2
And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, O Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand plucked from the fire?”

Jeremiah 14:14
And the Lord said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds.

Jeremiah 5:31
the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You did not say it was the modern translations that omit verses. Your original comment was the ERV omit verses.

TrinbulationSigns wrote:

You just lost all credibility. Also you were unable to find any verses omitted from the ERV. You're just a bunch of hot air.

I am not worried about my credibility because the facts are out there. Did you ask for one verse? How about three out of MANY that you should research yourself!

Matthew 17:21
Luke 17:36
Act 28:29

And trust me, Like NIV and all other translations, ERV has "excuses" for omitting these verses.

It's not false! The literal definition of Amillennialism is one that does not believe in a literally 1000 year reign of Christ on earth.

The listing wrote, "
  • Your doctrine denies Christ's Millennial reign on earth. "
I know it is false because I do believe in "millennial reign" through the church but not for a literal 1,000 years. The KJV Bible says:

Rev 20:4
(4) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

To rule with Christ for a thousand years is millennial kingdom itself.

Don't you know what your own doctrine teaches?

Amillennialism - Wikipedia
What is amillennialism?

Either you are wrong or everyone else is right.

It is correct the amillennialism does NOT support a literal thousand-year reign or kingdom. That do not negate the fact that Christ's kingdom through the church lasted a thousand years if you understand what the number thousand year signifies. Selah.

Only the King James Version has unicorns. How can anyone not know unicorns do not exist and injected unicorns into the text?

LOL.

Do you actually study and "THINK?"

The King James version of the Bible translates the Hebrew word [re'em] as Unicorn because a Unicorn is a mythical one-horned beast, and that is what is described in the Bible. Nothing more complicated than that.

Actually, the word [re'em] simply means lifted up and by extension exalted. From the descriptions of the animal in Scripture, this is no doubt because of its fierce and conspicuous nature. One thing we know from Scripture is that it was not the great aurochs, wild bull or wild Ox as has been widely speculated by Hebrew scholars. We know that it was a fierce creature of great strength, one horn and that it would not be domesticated. The Biblical descriptions fit perfectly the wild Rhinoceros, and would also fit God using this image to illustrated being exalted.

Psalm 92:10
  • "But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil."
The horn is symbolic of power or strength, and again this fits perfectly. This animal is mentioned in Scripture that you quoted nine verses above.

The Rhinoceros is also the only such creature living today with one horn and perfectly matches the one-horned animal of great strength and fierceness we read of in Scripture. The emphasis is on its great strength, and of course, the Rhinoceros has been known to overturn cars and lift up heavy trucks off the ground, and also with great power to push and destroy.

Numbers 23:22
  • "God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn."
Deuteronomy 33:17
  • "His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh."
This is obviously a glorious creature, praiseworthy, a creature of renown. It is a creature of great strength and magnificent imagery. And likewise in Job, it is illustrated as an independent creature which is almost impossible to tame.

Job 39:9-12
  • "Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
  • Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
This is clearly not the definition of a wild Ox. The [re'em] is hardly a creature to be tamed and used for labor. The unicorn is unwilling to serve, which is why you will not see a Rhino hitched to a cart or tied to a plow with cords, which is what that last passages illustrate. He won't be harrowing (turning up the valleys with plough) after you. This is not an Ox. The translation of this animal as an Ox I believe are poor translations, especially the newer ones. Granted, the unicorn is certainly not the perfect translation, considering what we understand as a Unicorn today, but it is only because of the times and its one horn that it was rendered that way.

Selah!

Your flawless translation can't count correctly either.

Proverbs 6:16-19 King James Version (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 6:16-19 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
16 The Lord hates these seven things:
17 eyes that show pride,
tongues that tell lies,
hands that kill innocent people,
18 hearts that plan evil things to do,
feet that run to do evil,
19 witnesses in court who tell lies,
and anyone who causes family members to fight.

God said exactly what He wanted to say in KJV:

2nd Peter 1:20-21
  • "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
  • For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."
When man twists God's Word of truth to suit their own purposes, we see it as an example of the obstinate narcissist arrogance of man to think that he knows more than God. To think that he can (without a conscience) twist/Change God's word so that it doesn't actually mean what it so very clearly says is a gross sin. Every Jot and Tittle of the word is Pure and true!

For your information, or rather for the information of all faithful Christians, the Bible doesn't "seem" to say anything, it says it and usually without ambiguity. The trick is in RECEIVING what God has said, rather than pridefully fighting against it. That's the difference between a false witness and a true witness of the Word. One reads it honorably and receives it, the other spends all of his time trying to convince us that in the Hebrew, Greek or mind of man, it doesn't really mean "six things," but "seven things"

Psalms 11:5 (KJV)
  • "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."
The Lord tests the righteous, but He hates the wicked to his very soul.

Proverbs 6:16 (KJV)
  • "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
  • A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
  • An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
  • A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."
Seven are an Abomination unto the God of the Bible. That God would be the God of faithful Christians. That God declares that a false witness He hates. Do you know what a false witness is? That is someone that falsely testifies that when God says he hates these false witnesses of His word, God doesn't really hate these false witnesses at all, it just seems like He does. That is a very dangerous game to play. But it seems everyone is getting in on the act. For example, acceptance of homosexuality encompasses almost all seven, if not actually all seven!

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
[Sarcastically patting on your back.]

The Lord judges and we shall find out. :)

That He will and if you want your name blotted out from the Book of Life, keep adding to the bible and keep denying Christ's physical reign on earth.

Revelation 22:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That He will and if you want your name blotted out from the Book of Life, keep adding to the bible and keep denying Christ's physical reign on earth.

Revelation 22:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

My salvation is not based on a belief that Christ's physical kingdom that you claims has not yet established. It is based on Christ's finished work at the Cross where He did establish His kingdom through the Church!

Well, as for you, most errors in interpretation stem from our seemingly inability to "fully" comprehend that it is the victory and ascendancy of Christ that stands as the focal point of the Gospel. It is not if Christ will bring peace and rule in the midst of His enemies, but how. Most bad interpretations come from the very same mindset that is often manifested in stubbornness and deeply entrenched church tradition. Note that this error of the Postmillennial is the same error of the Judaizers that went before them, and indeed the same error of the Premillennarians that came after the Judaizers. Namely, they do not earnestly seek to honestly discern between the authority of the word in the Spiritual over the Physical or the figurative over the literal. We must earnestly discern between worldwide, national or international righteousness, and the individual righteousness of particular election. They do not discern the promises that the enemies of God would be defeated, and the 'worldwide' peace and righteousness that Christ would establish, has already been accomplished in the triumph of Christ Jesus. The Judaizers still wait for it, the Premillennialists still wait for it, and many Postmillennialists still wait for it. But it has been established and it is finished! Christ is not coming again to set up a millennial Kingdom on earth, nor a golden age on earth, He's already come and established both. Maybe not to the world-accepting specifications of some, but established and accomplished in the Biblical specifications. The scriptures speak clearly to the issue of the fulfillment of some verses, and indeed to any verses that are quoted in support of an alleged future golden age. The age is now.

Luke 1:70-75
  • "As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
  • That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
  • To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
  • The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
  • That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
  • In holiness and Righteousness before him, all the days of our life."
So what are you waiting for? AS I SAID, people like you do not fully comprehend that Christ already came and saved His people (Matthew 1:21), saved Israel from all her enemies. It was for this reason that He was born. Christ already came and performed the mercy that God had promised to Abraham. Christ already came and delivered "His people" that they would serve Him in "righteousness" all the days of their life. Christ already came and brought Peace and Safety to Israel. He already came and established His reign as King in His kingdom wherein His people reign on earth--as they do in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My salvation is not based on a belief that Christ's physical kingdom that you claims has not yet established. It is based on Christ's finished work at the Cross where He did establish His kingdom through the Church!

Well, as for you, most errors in interpretation stem from our seemingly inability to "fully" comprehend that it is the victory and ascendancy of Christ that stands as the focal point of the Gospel. It is not if Christ will bring peace and rule in the midst of His enemies, but how. Most bad interpretations come from the very same mindset that is often manifested in stubbornness and deeply entrenched church tradition. Note that this error of the Postmillennial is the same error of the Judaizers that went before them, and indeed the same error of the Premillennarians that came after the Judaizers. Namely, they do not earnestly seek to honestly discern between the authority of the word in the Spiritual over the Physical or the figurative over the literal. We must earnestly discern between worldwide, national or international righteousness, and the individual righteousness of particular election. They do not discern the promises that the enemies of God would be defeated, and the 'worldwide' peace and righteousness that Christ would establish, has already been accomplished in the triumph of Christ Jesus. The Judaizers still wait for it, the Premillennialists still wait for it, and many Postmillennialists still wait for it. But it has been established and it is finished! Christ is not coming again to set up a millennial Kingdom on earth, nor a golden age on earth, He's already come and established both. Maybe not to the world-accepting specifications of some, but established and accomplished in the Biblical specifications. The scriptures speak clearly to the issue of the fulfillment of some verses, and indeed to any verses that are quoted in support of an alleged future golden age. The age is now.

Luke 1:70-75
  • "As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
  • That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
  • To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
  • The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
  • That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
  • In holiness and Righteousness before him, all the days of our life."
So what are you waiting for? AS I SAID, people like you do not fully comprehend that Christ already came and saved His people (Matthew 1:21), saved Israel from all her enemies. It was for this reason that He was born. Christ already came and performed the mercy that God had promised to Abraham. Christ already came and delivered "His people" that they would serve Him in "righteousness" all the days of their life. Christ already came and brought Peace and Safety to Israel. He already came and established His reign as King in His kingdom wherein His people reign on earth--as they do in heaven.

Making Jesus your savior does not get you saved. What gets you saved is making Jesus your savior and Lord!

His finished work only applies to those who are obedient to Him and His words, not ours alone.

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am not worried about my credibility because the facts are out there. Did you ask for one verse? How about three out of MANY that you should research yourself!

Act 28:29

And trust me, Like NIV and all other translations, ERV has "excuses" for omitting these verses.

Those verses and 14 others are NOT omitted. Those verses don't belong in the bible in the first place. In other words, those missing verses were added into the King James bible and other older English translations that should't be there.

Sometimes it's good to get all the facts.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even when you're using the King James, you still think the chain and 1000 years are a metaphor.

Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

Based on the passage above, can a steel chain from the hardware store bind a wicked spirit being?

Is the key in Revelation 20 made of brass, like one from the hardware store?

Where on earth can you find a bottomless pit? Does it go all the way through the planet?

Do you think Satan is a giant flying lizard?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes it's good to get all the facts.

And the facts prove that the ante-Nicene Fathers quoted from the Textus Receptus, instead of the text found in a Roman Catholic monastery during the 1800s.

How much clearer could it be?

(ESV) ?
(Geneva) Howbeit this kinde goeth not out, but by prayer and fasting.

Matthew 18:11

(ESV) ?
(Geneva) For the Sonne of man is come to saue that which was lost.

(ESV) ?
(Geneva) Two shalbe in the fielde: one shalbe receiued, and another shalbe left.

Acts 8:37

(ESV) ?
(Geneva) And Philippe said vnto him, If thou beleeuest with all thine heart, thou mayest. Then he answered, and saide, I beleeue that that Iesus Christ is that Sonne of God.

Colossians 1:14

(ESV) in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

(Geneva) In whome we haue redemption through his blood, that is, the forgiuenesse of sinnes,

1 John 5:7

(ESV) For there are three that testify:

(Geneva) For there are three, which beare recorde in heauen, the Father, the Worde, and the holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

Based on the passage above, can a steel chain from the hardware store bind a wicked spirit being?

Is the key in Revelation 20 made of brass, like one from the hardware store?

Where on earth can you find a bottomless pit? Does it go all the way through the planet?

Do you think Satan is a giant flying lizard?

READ THIS CAREFULLY BAB!

Revelation 20:1-3 NKJV
1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Do you see a period (.) at the end of verse 1? That verse with the chain ends right there!

Verses 2 & 3 are bound together by a semicolon! It means satan is bound in by the bottomless pit, not by the chain.

It's similar to a cop arresting a criminal. The chain is the handcuff and only restrains the criminal from resisting arrest till he's thrown into prison, no longer able to influence anyone.

The prison (bottomless pit) is what keeps him bound from the rest of the world.

++++++++++++++++++++

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Same thing with the KJV. Verses 2 & 3 are jointed together by a comma.

Verse 2 = is the bound
Verse 3 = is the bottomless pit

Satan is bound by the bottomless pit! Not the chain!

How do you miss something so obvious?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
READ THIS CAREFULLY BAB!

Revelation 20:1-3 NKJV
1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Do you see a period (.) at the end of verse 1? That verse with the chain ends right there!

Verses 2 & 3 are bound together by a semicolon! It means satan is bound in by the bottomless pit, not by the chain.

It's similar to a cop arresting a criminal. The chain is the handcuff and only restrains the criminal from resisting arrest till he's thrown into prison, no longer able to influence anyone.

The prison (bottomless pit) is what keeps him bound from the rest of the world.

++++++++++++++++++++

Same thing with the KJV. Verses 2 & 3 are jointed together by a comma.

Verse 2 = is the bound
Verse 3 = is the bottomless pit

Satan is bound by the bottomless pit! Not the chain!

How do you miss something so obvious?

If you could show us the semi-colon, or the comma in the Greek found below, we would all greatly appreciate it.

https://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/rev20.pdf

Do you understand the fact that those punctuation marks were added by the translators?

Upvote 0

Seville90210

Aug 4, 2018
Los Angeles
✟22,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you could show us the semi-colon, or the comma in the Greek found below, we would all greatly appreciate it.

https://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/rev20.pdf

Do you understand the fact that those punctuation marks were added by the translators?

The ancient Greeks did not have any equivalent to our modern device of punctuation. Sentence punctuation was invented several centuries after the time of Christ. The oldest copies of both the Greek New Testament and the Hebrew Old Testament are written with no punctuation.

In addition, the ancient Greeks used no spaces between words or paragraphs. Texts were a continuous string of letters, with an occasional blank line inserted to mark the end of a major section, though even this was not always done.

They also had no equivalent to our lower case letters. Texts were written in all capitals.

While this clearly creates some challenges for Bible translation, those challenge are seldom very large. As a simple test, try reading the English text in the following line:

WHATDOESTHISSAY

With very little difficulty you can probably tell where the spaces should be and what kind of punctuation belongs at the end. You can tell this because you are a native speaker of the language in which the text is written, so you can easily recognize the words as well as the implication of the word order. Native speakers of Ancient Greek, in the same way, could recognize where one word ended and another began even though the spaces were not written. They could also distinguish a question from a direct statement without the need of punctuation.

Here’s the real problem: You and I are NOT native speakers of Ancient Greek.

While I read Ancient Greek quite well, I did not grow up speaking it. All modern scholars, including those who grew up speaking Modern Greek, are in this same situation.

When there is more than one possible way of dividing the words in a sentence or paragraph, or when there is more than one possible set of punctuation, we must look for clues as to what the author intended in order to correctly determine which is the correct division and what punctuation the author would have used if it had been available.

Of course there is an element of subjectivity in this process, but many scholars have dedicated the better part of their lives to reading the Biblical documents in the original languages and have come to have a good sense of the style and preferences of each author. As we develop this skill, it becomes easier to see what the author would most likely have intended in each of the few places where a sentence could be divided more than one way.

Punctuation in Ancient Greek Texts, Part I

Those punctuations are placed in the English translations for a reason by scholars and theologians knowledgable of Koine Greek. Now stop wasting people's time.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now stop wasting people's time.

Mat_7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat_7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat_7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Upvote 0