Is T.B. Joshua a False Chrstian Prophet?

gracegreciagracet

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was browsing You Tube for videos on demonic possessions. Then, I came across a video on a prophet based in Lagos T. B. Joshua performing miracles. At the first impression, I have a disturbed feelings about T. B. Joshua. In my spirit, I feel that there is some kind of occultism that is associated with him. He said he is a Christian and had attempted to perform many miracles. However, not every one who perform miracles and prophesies are real Christians.

Some controversies that prove that he is not called by God:

He claim that eating meat is wrong and he made his followers abstain from meat

Why he is a vegetarian? He answers “I was not born a vegetarian. In fact, when God sent me on this mission, I realized that my work is tedious. I will refer to John 5:37: “And the Father who sent me hath borne witness to me, His Voice you have never heard, His form you have never seen.”

In a week I deliver contrary spirit carriers (Ogbanjes), witches and wizards (about 1000 of them). They are not ordinary human beings. Some are half human and half fish. So if you eat fish you can not deliver them.”
Bill Randles comments on this--Joshua has strange beliefs, for example he is a vegetarian because he told an interviewer that many of the people he ministers to in the area of deliverance are “Half fish and half man”. In another interviewer he said that “the divine person” within him can appear to thousands simultaneously, even coming to them in their dreams! This is not Christianity! (Bill Randles excerpts from a letter to a South African newspaper on 02.05.01 )

T. B. Joshua claims that he receives the spirit of God from birth.

In Bill Randles excerpts from a letter to a South African newspaper on 02.05.01 he states this-- Born with the gift of healing- On a French television interview, Prophet Joshua said that he had received this ‘gift’ at birth. The true Gifts of the Spirit of God (see I Cor. 12-14) are not bestowed at birth to anyone, one must be converted to Christ, and even then the gifts are distributed “As the Spirit wills”.
I saw a You Tube video about T. B. Joshua raising a dead man. The dead man was hypertensive and diabetic. It seems that the video is fake. There is another video on You Tube that reveals that they cut the video so that it seems T. B. Joshua is trying to tell people he is a saint and can raise people from dead. A man with as many deception as him should not be called saint. He is just like the sorcerer who received Jesus Christ as savior and then ask Peter if he can buy his gift for praying people for the Holy Spirit. (Acts 8:9-24)

Now as He [Jesus] sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, "I am the Christ," and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.(Matthew, 24: 3-14)

He even give his church a special name called The Synagogue. It sounds like a cult. In his church, there is a banner that states there is no God except Allah.

In Africa there is a large presence of Islam. In T.B. Joshua’s church there is a picture with the inscription “there is no God but Allah” (which is also written in Arabic with the quotes from the Quaran). We need to question why he would use this, for the Bible is clear “He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also” (I John 2:22-23). This Quaranic statement certainly fits the warning in Scripture and so does anyone who employs it. 2 John 10, 11 warns “If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed. For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.”
To me, he is more like someone who is trying to use the name of Jesus to deceive many people. I think he is not a real Christian prophet. In fact he has many religions including Muslim, Shamanism, Voodoo, Witchcraft and etc. I had also found out on the internet that he torture his followers to punish them in church. He wants to build a large followers and make himself God. Whatever his evil intention is, may God reveal his wolf clothing.

But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. 32Before him all the nations will be gathered, and he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
(WEB Matthew 25:31–46)

The worst thing is that the victims are brainwashed and think that T.B. Joshua is right. The bible says you should never believe anyone's gospel before checking it with the bible. Only the bible is the word of God. A preacher that is sent from God will never deny God's word. Anything that is inconsistent with the word of God in the bible comes from the devil. If you find something that a person says is inconsistent with the Bible, you should not believe him or seek his help. Hundreds and thousands of poor souls being deceived and led to Hell by Hell. It is best to stay away from a man that has association with witchcraft. It is dangerous to have anything to do with people that are involved in witchcraft. We should be aware that the beast 666 is coming.

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In fact he has many religions including Muslim, Shamanism, Voodoo, Witchcraft and etc.
That does seem evident.
Many people live in this world, and there are bound to be people who mix faiths and try to present these mixtures to others. It is important that we build ourselves in God's truth enough to discern when these things come up. It seems that you have.

Some are half human and half fish. So if you eat fish you can not deliver them.”
That was a good example of an unscriptural message. Jesus put very few restrictions on what we could deliver, because the aim of deliverance is freeing all people from oppression. God would not prevent a person being free, based on the diet of the exorcist.
I never heard of him
I haven't either. YouTube is a great tool for communication and promotion, but some people use it to start a scamming career. If a minister uses intimidation and legalism to build himself up, that's a good clue that he is not preaching the full gospel.
The worst thing is that the victims are brainwashed and think that T.B. Joshua is right.
Do you know people who follow his teachings?

Upvote 0

gracegreciagracet

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
(KJV Matthew 17:20)

Jesus said that if you believe, anything is possible. It could be that T. B. Joshua believes and take advantage of the name of Jesus to perform miracles and deceives many people. He also believe other gods. I've also read that he use human blood and get help from false gods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gracegreciagracet

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
✟281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Calling Fire from heaven - Joshua has the power to call fire from heaven upon the body parts of sinning members of his congregation! A woman in the video is seen clutching her private parts in agony as Joshua's fire cleanses her of the sin. This causes mild amusement of others in the audience. It does not bring fear of God! We are told in the book of Revelation that the false prophet calls fire from heaven to the amazement of those under delusion!
(Reference: deceptioninthechurch.com/tbjoshua-rebuke.html)

No one can forgive sins except the Lord Jesus Christ. T.B. Joshua tries to act like God by using witchcraft to call fire. Beware of this man. He name his church The Synagogue, Church of All Nations. This implies that he wants his church to be the only church in the whole world. When asked who is his God, he said his god is a universal God. If he is a Christian, he would have answered Jesus is his one and only God. Pagan always says this. To them, the universe is God so they always say they have a universal God. They are actually referring that there is no God in this world and that they themselves are God.

According to a scam church called Celestial Church of Christ, the late prophet said that Jesus Christ appear to him and told him T.B. Joshua is called by Him. This is fake. (You can read the full story celestialchurch.com/news/newsroom/news2009/incredible-prophet-adewole-joshua.htm You can search for Celestial Church of Christ and see for yourself how their pastors (their pastors are called shepherds) are charged with different accusations steal money, charge credit card, rape, and etc.
You can learn about celestial church of christ scam nigerianmuse.com/20090726105920zg/sections/general-articles/fraud-through-the-church. According to a source, Celestial Church of Christ is not a real church as it practice witchcraft such as using human blood, virginal fluid and etc in the ritual.

Last edited:
Upvote 0