• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is stealing assets in video games a sin?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Jags, May 19, 2019.

1. Jags

Jags Member

+114
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I'm wondering if stealing game assets a sin?
    on roblox some games got copied and reupload them and claim em as there own without permission would that be breaking the 10 commandments?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Andrew77

Andrew77 The walking accident Supporter

+1,218
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Well yes of course. Stealing is wrong. Lying is wrong. If you take something that isn't yours, then that's not a good thing. If you claim something is yours, when it was in fact the work of someone else, that is wrong.

Now I should say, that if the point of the game is to outwit an opponent to win, then that's a different thing. But if you are just taking stuff from other people, just because you find that fun, I'd call that evil.

Here's how you can tell the difference.

If someone did that to you.... stole your stuff, and re-uploaded it, or whatever.... would you think "Good play! Impressive skill!"

Or would you think "That guys is a thief, and I worked hard for that".

You can figure out pretty quick if what is being done is morally ok, or morally wrong.

3. Danielwright2311

Danielwright2311 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,312
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    I am a game creator, if i spend time making something digital for my games it is mine and no one else.

If any one steals it, i forgive them, but it is still wrong and I do guarantee, when they do it, that thought crosses there minds. But they do it any how.

If it was not bad, the thought would never cross there minds.

4. Joined2krist

Joined2krist Well-Known Member

+503
    Catholic
    Single
    Yes it's stealing and it's a sin.

5. Reborn1977

Reborn1977 Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM Supporter

+124
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Anytime you take anything off the internet that is typically paid for, has a copyright, where someone, possibly the creator of the item, should receive royalties you are stealing from that person and possibly multiple other people, e.g. the creator, producer, distributor, manufacturer, etc.