Is someone who threatens to bring a gun to church, a true Christian?

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a matter for the elders and the police. At the very least, the church should make sure its security provisions are adequate. But they're in the dark unless they're told what's going on.

I let the elders of my church know about the situation. Still no police was called. I called once but the police done nothing

Upvote 0

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why aren't they involving the police? This isn't about taking sides. It's about safety (especially given all the things we see in the news).

My safety is at the bottom of the list, at least that's how I feel. I feel like my family is taking sides with my stalker, even though they say they're not

Upvote 0

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Without knowing all the facts, it would seem that you have a point. The Bible says that we show that we have passed from life to death when we love the brethren. Stalking is not love.
Have you spoken to her? Lord Jesus said that we need to confront those who have taken offence at us, even if they are unjustified. I've had to do that myself. It was not easy but it worked out really well. A serious misunderstanding was cleared up and life went back to normal.

I can't speak to her without having a panic attack. Literally, just thinking about talking to her is causing me to panic right now. I have talked to her many times though. I tried giving her good Christian advice, I tried encouraging her so that way she feels good about herself, I even offered to find her a new friend. She gets so bitter and mean and makes me feel like I'm a failure. She accuses me of not being a true Christian if I don't hang out with her or do exactly what she asks me to do. She doesn't even ask, she demands. And if I don't do it, she gets very angry. God is love, she is not love. I thought after she got saved, I would become friends with her again. I thought she had changed, but she was the exact same. Once I realized she was still obsessive and demanding, I let her know that I wasn't going to be treated this way and that I needed a break. She didn't care. She didn't even care that my mother passed away. She spread lies about me and told everyone that I'm crazy. She gave my phone number out to strangers. I've gotten threatening phone calls because of that too. She even bullied me online. This was after she got saved too. She came to church and sat behind me, staring at me almost the entire time. It made my stomach turn. I panicked and everything. She's stopped harassing me at the moment. Mostly because her family stepped in and took control of the situation. I just fear that if I go to church tomorrow, she will be there and I will have a panic attack. Also, I'm afraid she will try to sit with me or follow me around like she did 2 months ago.

• Prayers
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is the supposed connection between her stalking you and wanting to shoot up the Church?
Sounds like some mental problems going on.
She is upset with me because I unfriended her after she threatened to beat me up in church. I became friends with her again and again afterwards, even after she got saved. She was still the same. When she threatened to bring a gun to church, she actually was pretending to be someone else online. I realized it was her and let her know that I knew it was her. That's when she deleted the account. I took snapshots of every message she sent. It sends chills down my spine just thinking about it. I'm literally on the verge of having a panic attack right now.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The police needs to know about her threat. If you don't tell them and she does kill someone, you are also responsible and an accomplice.
I did let them know and they done nothing. I can't be responsible if I told the police, could I? I sure hope not. If so, oh lord. Another panic attack.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The last time someone took out a gun in a church they were dead within 6 seconds. There are a lot of well trained people out there and usually crazy people with guns do not have any training at all.
You're right, but most of the members in my church are really old. There's hardly anyone who would be able to fight someone with a gun. I told the girl that I would stand right in front of the door, preventing her from coming in the church. She would've shot me because I'm not very good at defending myself.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is where I feel that there is a major disconnect...if someone threatened to bring a gun to shoot up a church, I would not feel better until my safety is absolutely ensured. Her not showing up for a while would not make me feel any safer.
I know. I can't say I feel 100% safe, but the fact that her family has stepped in and took control has calmed me down. What I fear is that she will shoot them, then come to church and shoot me. No one will take me seriously though. I've been told by a preacher that the police won't do anything about it. Surely enough, they done nothing about it. I can't trust anyone now, except God. But my anxiety won't even let me trust him.

Upvote 0

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your family’s reaction is odd. Why would they side with someone trying to harm you? There are numerous cases where relatives were hurt through association.

And saying you would have to leave the church is equally strange. Have you had problems in the past? Are there mental health issues you aren’t disclosing?

~Bella
Because they feel like where her family are kind and good people, I would upset them by getting the police involved. Plus, I would be stopping the person from coming to church. I have had problems in the past but since I've been going to therapy, I've learned to deal with my anger outbursts. I choose to walk away instead of fighting. That's why I haven't fought her or even provoked her any. I don't want to upset anyone or myself.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

baptistgirl21

Nov 16, 2013
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Restraining orders anger mentally ill people and don't always work. I once had an option to get a restraining order; I chose to move far away. I'm not saying the stalker was mentally ill, but thought it okay to disregard police at times.
I couldn't imagine moving away. Although I do think about it often considering my stalker lives 2 minutes away from me by car. So yeah, major panicking goes on every night.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I can't speak to her without having a panic attack. Literally, just thinking about talking to her is causing me to panic right now. I have talked to her many times though. I tried giving her good Christian advice, I tried encouraging her so that way she feels good about herself, I even offered to find her a new friend. She gets so bitter and mean and makes me feel like I'm a failure. She accuses me of not being a true Christian if I don't hang out with her or do exactly what she asks me to do. She doesn't even ask, she demands. And if I don't do it, she gets very angry. God is love, she is not love. I thought after she got saved, I would become friends with her again. I thought she had changed, but she was the exact same. Once I realized she was still obsessive and demanding, I let her know that I wasn't going to be treated this way and that I needed a break. She didn't care. She didn't even care that my mother passed away. She spread lies about me and told everyone that I'm crazy. She gave my phone number out to strangers. I've gotten threatening phone calls because of that too. She even bullied me online. This was after she got saved too. She came to church and sat behind me, staring at me almost the entire time. It made my stomach turn. I panicked and everything. She's stopped harassing me at the moment. Mostly because her family stepped in and took control of the situation. I just fear that if I go to church tomorrow, she will be there and I will have a panic attack. Also, I'm afraid she will try to sit with me or follow me around like she did 2 months ago.
You are letting fear rule you. This is an attack from the enemy of our souls. As you have tried to make peace, you need to take your concerns to the leadership. It sounds like she's been involved in the occult and has a control demon. I know the reality of that. I used to me able to force people to turn around by staring at them. I thought it very funny. Not for the victim!

You need to cast the care of this on the Lord. You are the authority. Maybe you don't know that yet. You can and should bind the evil spirits. Greater is Jesus within you than the devil who is in the world. You do not attack the person. You attack the demons that control her. She is suffering too.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She is upset with me because I unfriended her after she threatened to beat me up in church. I became friends with her again and again afterwards, even after she got saved. She was still the same. When she threatened to bring a gun to church, she actually was pretending to be someone else online. I realized it was her and let her know that I knew it was her. That's when she deleted the account. I took snapshots of every message she sent. It sends chills down my spine just thinking about it. I'm literally on the verge of having a panic attack right now.
She got saved? Doesn't sound like the actions of one who has been born again to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I did let them know and they done nothing. I can't be responsible if I told the police, could I? I sure hope not. If so, oh lord. Another panic attack.

No, you're good.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I couldn't imagine moving away. Although I do think about it often considering my stalker lives 2 minutes away from me by car. So yeah, major panicking goes on every night.

Thank you so much for providing more info so that we can better understand the big picture. Your situation deserves much prayer and intercession. :praying::praying:

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
most of the members in my church are really old. There's hardly anyone who would be able to fight someone with a gun.
The guy who took down that murderer in that Texas church was about 70 yoa. It took him six seconds to get the job done. Of course, not everyone is going to be so well trained as he, but the point is not to assume the worst. That is a recipe for panic.

The larger point, though, is to do what you can and then in faith leave it to God. You've told the elders, you've told the police, if I have it correct. Nothing was done. Now it's up to you to stay at that church or find a new one. I had a stalker following me around once, and I can vouch that it's terrifying. But at some point you have to come to terms with it emotionally and decide it's not going to rule you. Don't be passive about the situation if action is called for. But exercise faith and get your head clear so you can think right. Philippians 4 is great for this.

Also, in this day and age there is a place for learning self-defense techniques such as martial arts. And for some people, though not all, that might include a firearm with proper training.

But in any case, do what you can, swear off the panic attacks, and trust the Lord. I pray the Lord's protection, peace, and wisdom for you.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think this situation is demonstrating the necessity of exercising prudence in your connections. When someone displays unstable behavior don’t ignore it. Whether they’re across the street or several states over.

It isn’t your job to fix her. Build friendships with people who’ve demonstrated a concern for your welfare and respect your boundaries. Demands are a warning sign. Don’t excuse it.

Spite is a dangerous characteristic. It fosters hate, vengefulness, and malice. Most spiteful people never change. Ask the Lord for godly companions and forget about her.

~Bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you don't mind my asking, are you and this girl around high school age?

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟820,731.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Long story short, I've been stalked for months and this girl threatened to bring a gun to shoot up the church. She ended up coming back to church 3 more times and I think she's back for good now. Problem is, I'm terrified of going back now. I'm very upset with my family because they criticized me for feeling like she shouldn't be allowed back in the building, and also because I say she's not a true Christian. They even encouraged me not to get a restraining order. Because if I do, that means either me or my stalker has to leave the church, which they already said would be me, and they think that's causing conflict within the church. Why should I have to leave the church I was born and raised in all because some psychopath decides he/she wants to shoot up the place? It's absolutely ridiculous. Ok, back to the main question. Would a true Christian really do this and am I wrong for saying she's not a true Christian? I mean, she's so scary and the fact that no one cares is absolutely absurd.
I know only God can judge, but the bible also says to give a righteous judgment. I'm not judging by appearances or anything. I'm judging the fact that she has harassed me and made my life a living nightmare, despite the death of my sweet mother, and threatened to bring a gun to church. Pray for me if you all can. I was just feeling better until I found out she was coming back to church.

Simple solution take away all the guns from people too unstable to be trusted with one.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She would've shot me because I'm not very good at defending myself.
I went through basic training for the vietnam war so I have a reasonable amount of training. I believe it it up to the angels to fight the battle for us. They fight off the demons that are causing people to talk and act in a way that would be harmful to others. Learning how to work with the angles maybe even more extensive then learning how to shoot a gun. I am very good with a gun. But I do not trust in the carnal weapons of this world. "For though we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh. The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." (2cor10:3,4)

If I were close enough to them, it would not be an issue for me to take a gun or a knife away from someone. It would be over before they even knew anything had begun. The only thing they would have is a sore hand where the gun use to be. I sold knives for around 20 years though. So I would not expect most people to be able to do something like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The guy who took down that murderer in that Texas church was about 70 yoa.
When I was young I thought old people had to be afraid of young people. Now a day it is just the opposite. It is the young people that are afraid of the older people because we have been so well trained. My son had a video of an instructor that was in his 80's and able to take on five or six of his students. The students may have been polite to come at him one at a time with a simulated weapon. Still he was able to disarm them. He did not hurt them, but a little bit of a twist and he could have hurt them if he wanted to. The point is to use their own force against them. So it takes very little strength or effort on our part.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,191,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Long story short, I've been stalked for months and this girl threatened to bring a gun to shoot up the church. She ended up coming back to church 3 more times and I think she's back for good now. Problem is, I'm terrified of going back now. I'm very upset with my family because they criticized me for feeling like she shouldn't be allowed back in the building, and also because I say she's not a true Christian. They even encouraged me not to get a restraining order. Because if I do, that means either me or my stalker has to leave the church, which they already said would be me, and they think that's causing conflict within the church. Why should I have to leave the church I was born and raised in all because some psychopath decides he/she wants to shoot up the place? It's absolutely ridiculous. Ok, back to the main question. Would a true Christian really do this and am I wrong for saying she's not a true Christian? I mean, she's so scary and the fact that no one cares is absolutely absurd.
I know only God can judge, but the bible also says to give a righteous judgment. I'm not judging by appearances or anything. I'm judging the fact that she has harassed me and made my life a living nightmare, despite the death of my sweet mother, and threatened to bring a gun to church. Pray for me if you all can. I was just feeling better until I found out she was coming back to church.

1 John 3:10 says whoever does not love his brother is not of God.
1 John 3:15 says whoever hates their brother is like a murderer, and no murderer has eternal life abiding in them.

Do you believe that her actions were hateful towards another believer (you)?
Do you believe her actions describe the love of God?

In my opinion, I would leave your church if they cannot see the evil that she has done was wrong.
In my opinion, what she did was hateful to another believer or fellow brother.
John has some strong words to say to her. Apparently your church does not agree with the apostle John. So I would leave your church for good (and study the Bible daily in prayer on your own time) as hard as that may be for you. Pray to find true fellowship (Whether that be 2 believers or 1). Seek to fellowship with only those believer who do not justify sin these days. They are hard to find, but keep praying to find them, and you will in God's timing.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0